Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9895 replies to this topic

#931 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:17 PM

It's pretty obvious to me why the OP hasn't been updated, I would prefer keeping it just the way it is and make people filter through the thread to find deals. That way lurkers/sd soccer moms have less a chance to find the deals.

On the topic of lurkers, to which ever jackass bought all 5 remaining copies of Spiderman Web of Shadows and both copies of Metroid, I'll see you in hell :evil::hot::evil:

#932 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

yeah, alot of those SD guys just wants to get everything they could get their hands on. its so pathetic. they're happy with their $3-$5 profit for flipping the games on ebay.

if you guys cant find the games at sears or target when it goes on clearance, try checking ebay chances are the value of the games on clearance had gone down. i was able to buy black label copies of god of war chains of olympus sealed for $7 on ebay when target had them on clearance for $2.48 + psp coupon for b1g1 $10 off :bouncy:

enjoy the deals and report them as you see them. welcome to my thread.

Edited by shrike4242, 10 March 2010 - 04:32 PM.

#933 EndlessChris

EndlessChris

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:06 PM

Scored the last copy of Metroid for myself! Thanks guys! Considering going back for Muramasa and Dead Space Extraction but I dunno...

#934 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

Scored the last copy of Metroid for myself! Thanks guys! Considering going back for Muramasa and Dead Space Extraction but I dunno...

Muramasa is awesome. I paid close to full price for it back when it came out (granted, mostly with a gift card and a Reward Zone certificate), and thought it was well worth it. It's one of the few games that's actually made me use my Wii.

#935 NipPicker

NipPicker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:25 PM

hey anyone have metroid trilogy .. i bought 2 the other day and gave one to my cousin and the other to a friend ... today i went to a sears inside the mall they dont have crap .. did find muramasa for 19.97 animal crossing x 10 copies but 49.99 each was hoping someone can sell me one of the MPT new sealed ..

Edited by NipPicker, 10 March 2010 - 07:40 PM.

#936 hqn101

hqn101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

is there anyway in sears you can scan yourself, because i asked an employee to do it and he says its whatever the sticker says and if not its 29.99.

#937 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

is there anyway in sears you can scan yourself, because i asked an employee to do it and he says its whatever the sticker says and if not its 29.99.

Buck up and make them do their job. They can't deny you a price check. If they do, ask to speak with their manager because they're just being a prick at that point.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#938 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:35 PM

You can look up the UPC numbers for each game you're wanting a price check on on Half.com or Amazon.com, then input them into UPCdatabase.com and make up a UPC sheet like others do.

In that way, you don't even have to deal with the lazy employees and can just know what price the items will ring up as before asking to buy them.

Of course, this may backfire if one or more of those games are the holiday special buy ones, which usually have a different UPC placed over the original UPC to make them ring up the price marked.

Or as said prior, if an employee gives you crap about price checking something, ask for a manager. That should get them to cooperate pretty quickly.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#939 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:16 PM

Just got back from Sears and scored myself the following games for 19.99 each.

:ps3: Dirt 2
:ps3: Fallout 3:GOTY Edition
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
:ps3: Wet

It was nice to find games that have been posted. Woo!

#940 RichterIX

RichterIX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:57 PM

To everyone beating off about getting FO3:GOTY for $19, does it constantly freeze all the time like people all over the internet are saying? I have the original for 360, and want to get GOTY, but if it freezes all the time like everyone is telling me, I'm not gunna bite....well, probably will anyways...but still...does it?

It isn't the GOTY edition that freezes up, it's the DLC stuff itself.

If you buy the original, and then install the DLC, it's exactly the same as the GOTY edition and locks up equally as much.

#941 gaggil

gaggil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

Went to my local Sears and found almost all of the games that have been clearanced.

This store is going out of business and the liquidators raised everything back up to MSRP and had 25% off.

This was my favorite store and I was able to find tons of clearance over the last two years.

#942 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:24 AM

Went to my local Sears and found almost all of the games that have been clearanced.

This store is going out of business and the liquidators raised everything back up to MSRP and had 25% off.

This was my favorite store and I was able to find tons of clearance over the last two years.

You don't mean the one in Whitehall, do you? :cry: That was one of my only reasons for occasionally making a trek down to the Lehigh Valley.

Although I was short on time the last time I was down there, I found a printer for $1.97, but it was the display model with no wires or anything.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#943 deadtrees

deadtrees

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:54 AM

The Sears I visited yesterday has a customer-operable price scanner just outside the electronics department. It'll scan games even if they're in an antitheft case.

#944 tjm0711

tjm0711

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:04 AM

I somehow walked out of my local sears paying only $42.50 for 4 games:

Dead Space Extraction
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Muramasa Demon Blade
Prince of Persia (ps3)

best game deal of the year for me.

#945 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:11 AM

im giving away xbox live 1 month codes to monthly contributors of the sears thread. ive always wanted to give something away to these people since they contribute to this thread monthly.

i'll also give some away to those who reported alot of new finds. this is not a competition.. just a nice small gesture of saying thanks. youll get a pm from me within a few days (whoever you are)!

i got the codes from the epic 1 month live trial glitch.

#946 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:15 AM

The Sears I visited yesterday has a customer-operable price scanner just outside the electronics department. It'll scan games even if they're in an antitheft case.

The one I was at had their games in the aisle in these cases, but you couldn't remove them without an employ taking them off the rack.

#947 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:23 AM

im giving away xbox live 1 month codes to monthly contributors of the sears thread. ive always wanted to give something away to these people since they contribute to this thread monthly.

i'll also give some away to those who reported alot of new finds. this is not a competition.. just a nice small gesture of saying thanks. youll get a pm from me within a few days (whoever you are)!

Very cool idea, phear3d. A nice gesture.

#948 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:26 AM

im giving away xbox live 1 month codes to monthly contributors of the sears thread. Ive always wanted to give something away to these people since they contribute to this thread monthly.

I'll also give some away to those who reported alot of new finds. This is not a competition.. Just a nice small gesture of saying thanks. Youll get a pm from me within a few days (whoever you are)!

I got the codes from the epic 1 month live trial glitch.

epic !

#949 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:28 AM

I managed to get 17 codes :) glad i was online when it popped up

#950 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:29 AM

I managed to get 17 codes :) glad i was online when it popped up

Me too! Alot of guys will be bummed when they log on tonight and read about it.

#951 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:39 AM

Me too! Alot of guys will be bummed when they log on tonight and read about it.

yup, they snoozed, THEY LOOSE!

#952 gaggil

gaggil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:50 AM

You don't mean the one in Whitehall, do you? :cry: That was one of my only reasons for occasionally making a trek down to the Lehigh Valley.

Although I was short on time the last time I was down there, I found a printer for $1.97, but it was the display model with no wires or anything.:roll:

I am referring to a Sears in New Jersey.

I work at Rutgers University and the Sears is close by.

The one in Whitehall has also treated me well in the past, but recently I have not found any great deals.

#953 (psp)snake

(psp)snake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:00 AM

Long time since ive been on this thread. Anyways I still work in sears and I found a new clearance game for ya.

Marvel vs Dc universe for $2.97.

#954 Sanjuro

Sanjuro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:09 AM

Long time since ive been on this thread. Anyways I still work in sears and I found a new clearance game for ya.

Marvel vs Dc universe for $2.97.

That would be a excellent find if it was real!

#955 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:10 AM

That would be a excellent find if it was real!

someone reported it already so its confirmed

#956 hqn101

hqn101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:24 AM

if this is the case at some sears I will print out a upc sheet to check. Thanks for the advice.

#957 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:29 AM

someone reported it already so its confirmed

Lies!!! If there were a Marvel vs DC nerds everywhere would be happy
Spoiler

#958 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:32 AM

While I'm happy to see some great deals on PS3 games (since that's what I own), I wonder why there's barely any good drops on 360/Wii titles....better sellers/more in demand? Opinions?

And who in their right mind would buy games at Sears for full price anyway?

EDIT: Does the scanner in-store only show if the game is available at that location? I.E. if it doesn't scan, they don't have it?

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#959 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:40 AM

this might be the last copies of MC vs DC Universe you'll ever see. the copies you see now are probably the last copies floating around since midway vaporized last year. its a future rarity..

i sent out the first batch of codes to those i recognized. thanks again, you guys deserved it better than i do. dont worry about me, i have xbox live until 2014 :whee:

if you dont have an xbox 360, just save the code for now. or trade it. or sell it. do whatever you want with it its yours. shove it up slickdeals ass if you want, probably be better use aint it?

someone on sd posted the new deals.. please do me a favor if you have an sd account: link to this thread and say REPOST

#960 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:42 AM

I'm pretty sure if anyone saw it they would buy it for themselves and/or it would be the lone copy, but I'd appreciate it if someone would be willing to pick up a copy of MK vs DC for me. I'd definitely pay you back for not only the game + tax but a decent amount for effort and shipping as well.

The SEARS by me have only ever had really old games "clearanced" at $20.

The only deal I've ever found there was about a year ago with Quake Wars: ET for around $5, and I ended up taking it back after I remembered how terrible that game was.