Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9895 replies to this topic

#1831 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

I have a huge problem and need help! I bought Wario Land Shake it on April 10 right after the last drop. To make things short this is what happened. My little sister opened up the game this past Monday and there was nothing inside the case. I went to Sears today to exchange the game, got denied and was told some BS about not being able to exchange or get a refund on open games.

They told me to call some 800 number and they were no help at all either. They told me to contact the manufacturer and have them deal with the problem. So the only thing I have left is to contact the store manager and see what he has to say about the situation.

Its only $15 but these people are complete ass hats.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

That happened to me at SEARS about two years ago with a PS2 game. I didn't bother even trying to return it, though, as it was only $3 and I didn't open it until many months later (way beyond a reasonable return time).

I support Rozz 100%.

#1832 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

That happened to me at SEARS about two years ago with a PS2 game. I didn't bother even trying to return it, though, as it was only $3 and I didn't open it until many months later (way beyond a reasonable return time).

Same thing happened here with a copy of :ps3: Hot Shots Golf. Got home and noticed a small straight cut in the plastic. Sure enough, the game was gone. It was cheap enough not to worry about it, but still irksome.

#1833 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

Picked up the last Singstar Vol 2 Bundle at my local store for $4.97. Most all of the other drops mentioned above are active there too.

FYI - The entire bundle trades in for about $14 at GS right now with the current promotion.

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#1834 ecwfan

ecwfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

I bought a PSP game last year in which the game was missing. Someone discretely sliced open the side of the shrinkwrap and pulled the UMD out. I didn't notice until I got home. I brought it back to Sears. At first they gave me a hard time and said the game had to be brought to security for investigation. But then I mentioned the game only cost $5 and it wasn't worth wasting time. Suddenly the cashier changed their tune. They let me pick any other game in the clearance section I wanted and would reduce the price to $5. So, I ended up getting a $15 game for $5.

Sskiizim, ask for the manager and complain. The store you purchased the game at should own up to this. You need to do this immediately as the return policy is almost up.

#1835 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:26 PM

Same thing happened here with a copy of :ps3: Hot Shots Golf. Got home and noticed a small straight cut in the plastic. Sure enough, the game was gone. It was cheap enough not to worry about it, but still irksome.

I bought Ninja Gaiden II out of a plastic security case a couple months ago and stupid me didn't realize until a week later that there was no shrinkwrap on it. I was just glad the disc was inside.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1836 Vic Vectrex

Vic Vectrex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

I got :wii: Excitebots W/wheel, :wii: Wario land shake it!, :wii: A boy and his blob, :wii: MLB 2k9 all $9.97 and
:ps3: Singstar vol. 2 bundle for $4.97

I wasn't going to stop until I saw some of the deals you guys got and now I'm glad I did. Thanks.

#1837 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

I wish I could get to a sears this weekend. Would love Muramasa and A Boy and His Blob for those prices. Hopefully I'll find some next weekend.

#1838 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:34 PM

Also, I've really enjoyed Warioland Shake It and definitely think it's worth 10 bucks. It's not particularly difficult, but it is fun.

#1839 sdclippers

sdclippers

The Sinister Kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:34 PM

Kinda weird but i think they raised the price on some of the clerance games. Fallout GOTY was 19.95 last time now 24.99.

#1840 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

i don't know why i even try anymore, but i decided to check sears today to see if any of the good games being discussed here were on sale. and of course, everything had already been taken.

it's really no surprise. a few months ago, i talked to one of the employees and he said that the other employees always take the good stuff as soon as they mark it down and the rest gets bought up by some local hoarder who has bought 15+ games at a time in the past. i don't understand how that place stays in business.
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624

#1841 nsanchez1

nsanchez1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

Picked up murimasa, far cry 2 ps3, and metroid prime trilogy all for 9.97 each detroit sears

#1842 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

Will stop by sears again after work. To see if Transformers is 9.97 its tagged on the hanging rack for 14.97. Pain to have to look for an employee to unlock and scan it.
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#1843 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:49 PM

all these horror stories make me think I should open all my sears purchases now to make sure the games are in there...

#1844 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

Went to a distant Sears where I made a good score once in the past. They had the usual clearance bin but for some reason most of the stuff in it (besides the current $10/$13 games) was $2.97!

This is super YMMV and probably just the one store but here's my haul, each game only $2.97.
:360: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
:360: Popcap Arcade Vol. 1
:wii: SpyBorgs
:wii: Boom Blox
:psp: LocoRoco 2
:ps2: Ratchet & Clank Size Matters
:ps2: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3
:ps2: Persona 3: FES (x2) shrinkwrap on both is torn though, grrr.

There was more but that's the best stuff. Knowing that in most Targets people buy the clearance games at $25 or higher, it just seems amazing that people left these games untouched.
76561197996844513.png

#1845 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

Will stop by sears again after work. To see if Transformers is 9.97 its tagged on the hanging rack for 14.97. Pain to have to look for an employee to unlock and scan it.

But if you truly want the deal, you have to put up with the annoyance of trying to find someone to unlock the case and scan it.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1846 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

Went to a distant Sears where I made a good score once in the past. They had the usual clearance bin but for some reason most of the stuff in it (besides the current $10/$13 games) was $2.97!

This is super YMMV and probably just the one store but here's my haul, each game only $2.97.
:360: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
:360: Popcap Arcade Vol. 1
:wii: SpyBorgs
:wii: Boom Blox
:psp: LocoRoco 2
:ps2: Ratchet & Clank Size Matters
:ps2: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3
:ps2: Persona 3: FES (x2) shrinkwrap on both is torn though, grrr.

There was more but that's the best stuff. Knowing that in most Targets people buy the clearance games at $25 or higher, it just seems amazing that people left these games untouched.

I'd love to snag a :ps2: Persona 3: FES for ~$3, but the one copy I checked last month rang up $29.99 :cry:

I found some copies of :ds: Red Bull, but those rang up $9.97.:bomb:

#1847 bullseye

bullseye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

went there and got:
Wario: Shake it for 9.99
Tna Impact for 1.97 with free sting dvd inside.
Both are for wii

#1848 PimpBot2000

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

I found a Jazz 5 MP digital camcorder for $13.97. I guess it's the same one that was $49.99 at K-Mart during Black Friday.

Posted Image

#1849 darkslime

darkslime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

i don't understand how that place stays in business.

They stay in business because someone is buying the stuff. Get up earlier you fuckin whiner!

#1850 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

picked up Wet 360 for 12.97 today.

And Dirt 2 360 was $12.97 as well.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1851 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

I got Viva Pinata for $2.97; a boy and his blob, Lego RockBand, Motor Storm Pacific Rift for $9.97 each. I wanted Muramasa and Metroid but they were out.

#1852 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:19 PM

wow, was very happy with my resutls, 4 games for $28.88

Hawx (360) $12.97
Wet (PS3) $9.97
Viva Pinata (PH) $2.97
Viva Pinata TiP $2.97

both the Viva Pinata's were stickered $4.97, so I was very happy when they scanned in cheaper. Man, gotta stay on top of Sears more often. Most around my work and one near house never have clearance. the one I got to go today has a dedicated clearance area w/ all these titles mentioned and then some!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#1853 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:24 PM

Spotted Lost Planet 2 at the one I checked at.(Rolling Acres Mall in Akron, OH)

That said, I didn't try to purchase it since it was in the case and I have no interest in it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#1854 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

Went back and grabbed Wolfenstein for 9.97. Was a fan of the original, and a fan of Return to Castle Wolf on the PC, no reason to miss this one.

I lulz cause after I accepted a position in the electronics department, I went right over to the electronics section and had them pricecheck Wolfenstein (marked 49.99 still and like most employees they insist its marked right)... this employee should enjoy finding out next week im his coworker :)

#1855 NipPicker

NipPicker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

Went back and grabbed Wolfenstein for 9.97. Was a fan of the original, and a fan of Return to Castle Wolf on the PC, no reason to miss this one.

I lulz cause after I accepted a position in the electronics department, I went right over to the electronics section and had them pricecheck Wolfenstein (marked 49.99 still and like most employees they insist its marked right)... this employee should enjoy finding out next week im his coworker :)

LOL .. find a game that like .97 and ask for employee discount LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

#1856 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:39 PM

i don't know why i even try anymore, but i decided to check sears today to see if any of the good games being discussed here were on sale. and of course, everything had already been taken.

it's really no surprise. a few months ago, i talked to one of the employees and he said that the other employees always take the good stuff as soon as they mark it down and the rest gets bought up by some local hoarder who has bought 15+ games at a time in the past. i don't understand how that place stays in business.

Hmmmm, IatCG is in PA too right?

#1857 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:44 PM

Fnd Wario land shake it for 9.99. Transformers revenge of the fallen :360: 29.99 even though it had a sticker saying 19.99 WTH.
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#1858 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:45 PM

Hmmmm, IatCG is in PA too right?

Yes he is. Do you have your official Jr Detective kit yet? :-P
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#1859 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:59 PM

Went to three different Sears today and found the following:

$9.97 Wolfenstein PS3 x4 ($20 to Dealtree)
$12.97 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 PS3 x2 ($20 to Dealtree or Gazelle)
$1.97 Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds PS3 x2 ($20 to Dealtree!)
$0.97 Imagine Family Doctor x2 ($9 to Dealtree or Gazelle)
$2.97* Viva Pinata TiP 360 ($9.80 after bonuses at Gamestop)
$9.97 Wario Land Shake it Wii (actually keeping this one lol)

Total Spent $90.16
Getting $178 from Dealtree, $9.80 from Gamestop and keeping Wario Land. Not a bad day. Considering on going to a few more Sears farther out on Monday.

*This one seems to be YMMV. First store, no copies but my bar code scanned $2.97. Second store, one copy, scanned at $2.97. Third store, two copies, scanned at $19.99 :cry: (and yes, other clearance items were ringing up what they should have been aka $1.97 Hot Shots ect). Bar code numbers looked the same, only thing I noticed different was that the $2.97 copy had a Family Games sticker on it while the $19.99 copies did not.

#1860 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:07 AM

Yes he is. Do you have your official Jr Detective kit yet? :-P

Don't you have some empty game cases to sell or something?