Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

• Please log in to reply
9742 replies to this topic

#1981 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:00 PM

Yeah. Red Bull gets ~$.25 at Amazon AND GS iirc.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#1982 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

Picked up Transformers Revenge of the Fallen 9.97 :ps3:
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#1983 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

I went back to Sears for my 3rd trip since this price drop. I picked up 2 Imagine doctors. One I'm going to give as a gift and the other either a gift or a trade in. Not sure which. I think I'm done with Sears until next month unless someone spots something else good.

#1984 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:13 PM

no worth anything anywhere. that's just a "bought a ds case for 50 cents!"

Yeah. Red Bull gets ~$.25 at Amazon AND GS iirc.

Actually, it gets a whopping $1.25 at Toys R'Us via their trade in program.

http://www.toysrustr...?productid=7226

That's enough for a soda there just about.:lol:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1985 mickeyu422

mickeyu422

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

@IATCG... I tried the Imagine games and they all rang up at $19.99 haha I was a little more then disappointed. I don't think any of the Sears updated around me. Last month there were some decent drops, but this month not so much. Was kind of hoping LBP, Uncharted, and Orange Box to drop to $15.

I saw a SOCOM bundle with the bluetooth headset for PS3 in the case but was too lazy to ask for a price check. Is this for sure on clearance because I felt silly when I asked for a pc on Fallout 3 GOTY (PS3) and it rang up full price

#1986 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

@IATCG... I tried the Imagine games and they all rang up at $19.99 haha I was a little more then disappointed. I don't think any of the Sears updated around me. Last month there were some decent drops, but this month not so much. Was kind of hoping LBP, Uncharted, and Orange Box to drop to $15.

I saw a SOCOM bundle with the bluetooth headset for PS3 in the case but was too lazy to ask for a price check. Is this for sure on clearance because I felt silly when I asked for a pc on Fallout 3 GOTY (PS3) and it rang up full price

I only really listed those other ones as possible flips, though I swear my closest Sears had some of those marked $9.97, $14.97 and $19.97 last month, so I figured they might have dropped.

But since the other local CAG that I know hits that Sears let me know he grabbed all four copies of the Imagine: Family Doctor game, that means I can avoid that store for now.

I'm debating if I want to hit up the much further off Sears and see if the two copies of Fallout 3 GOTY are still there, as I would definitely consider keeping the game for $10.

But for anyone who gets the Imagine games super cheap($1-2) and doesn't want them, they should definitely consider TRU for trading too, since many of those games are fetching $10 each there.

Posted Image

#1987 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

I grabbed a lot of stuff from Buffalo area Sears (malls on Transit and Walden Mall.) Went out to Niagra Falls BLVD and that sears had a ton of stuff, but nothing was marked and the employees are asshats. So I decided to ask the nearest nudnik to grab PS3 Wet and Motor Storm PR. He rang MSPR up first and said, "It's your lucky day." It rang up at $9.97 but had $59.99 sticker on it. Then he rang up Wet, which wasl also $9.97 but marked $19.97. He seemed very annoyed.
I love it when the employees act like you're robbing them personally when you buy clearance stuff.

FIRST, YOU DARE INTERRUPT OUR HUDDLE ABOUT THE TVS AND CONVERSE TIME, THEN YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO KNOW OUR PRICES BETTER THAN WE DO!!!

#1988 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

I grabbed a lot of stuff from Buffalo area Sears (malls on Transit and Walden Mall.) Went out to Niagra Falls BLVD and that sears had a ton of stuff, but nothing was marked and the employees are asshats. So I decided to ask the nearest nudnik to grab PS3 Wet and Motor Storm PR. He rang MSPR up first and said, "It's your lucky day." It rang up at $9.97 but had $59.99 sticker on it. Then he rang up Wet, which wasl also $9.97 but marked $19.97. He seemed very annoyed.
I love it when the employees act like you're robbing them personally when you buy clearance stuff.

FIRST, YOU DARE INTERRUPT OUR HUDDLE ABOUT THE TVS AND CONVERSE TIME, THEN YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO KNOW OUR PRICES BETTER THAN WE DO!!!

I get a kick out of that too, since the employees were probably waiting for 90% off so they could grab them themselves with their employee discount on top of it and either resell it or add it to their collection.

But sometimes if you go in and joke around with them it lightens up the mood. Sometimes it doesn't though and even the guys working there seem like they have PMS and act bitchy when you go to get a pricecheck.

Posted Image

#1989 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

Listed below are the games i picked up today.

A Boy and his Blob - $9.99
Wario Shake It - $9.99
Funzion Frenzy - $2.99

#1990 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:24 AM

Today I picked up:

Excitebots Trick Racing with Wii Wheel $9.97
Motorstorm Pacific Rift PS3 $9.97
Dirt 2 PS3 $12.97
Imagine Family Doctor $.97
Warioland Shake it $9.97
Boy and his Blob Wii $9.97

#1991 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:28 AM

Oh, for damninion(or however you spell it), the guy looking for Muramasa in the Akron/Canton area:

I didn't see it down at the Belden Village Sears today. I would have picked it up for you if I had seen it.

I may be going up towards Cleveland tomorrow morning, so shoot me a PM if you want me to pick it up for you if I see it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#1992 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:39 AM

I price checked all the imagine games and they were all 29.99 cept one for 19.99 and family doctor for .97 :) wish they were all on sale. While I was there the girl kept telling me wow this game is less than .50 but i was like no thanks, lol at red bull.

#1993 oakafanforlife

oakafanforlife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:55 AM

I picked up

Muramasa $9.99
A Boy and His Blob $9.99
Dirt 2 (360) $12.97
Wet (360) $12.97
Guitar Hero Metallica (PS3) $9.99
Imagine Family Doctor $0.97
Red Bull $0.97
Posted Image

#1994 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:56 AM

huh, it turns out the Red Bull BC One isn't a soccer game.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1995 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:09 AM

I get a kick out of that too, since the employees were probably waiting for 90% off so they could grab them themselves with their employee discount on top of it and either resell it or add it to their collection.

But sometimes if you go in and joke around with them it lightens up the mood. Sometimes it doesn't though and even the guys working there seem like they have PMS and act bitchy when you go to get a pricecheck.

I remember the guy at the Sear's i was at first yesterday (When i grabbed 7 copies of Imagine doctor @_@), i asked him to scan like 3 games, and he had the nerve to say "I cant do that right now, im on the phone, wait a few minutes", then just walked off. Came back and scanned them with a grumpy look on his face, and acted like i was asking him to jog around the store naked . I really wanted to ask him to scan a Fallout 3 GOTY which was still in the glass case, but i didnt feel like dealing with the grunting and stomping
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1996 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:12 AM

I checked the other imagine games they were 19.99 and up.

#1997 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:14 AM

I remember the guy at the Sear's i was at first yesterday (When i grabbed 7 copies of Imagine doctor @_@), i asked him to scan like 3 games, and he had the nerve to say "I cant do that right now, im on the phone, wait a few minutes", then just walked off. Came back and scanned them with a grumpy look on his face, and acted like i was asking him to jog around the store naked . I really wanted to ask him to scan a Fallout 3 GOTY which was still in the glass case, but i didnt feel like dealing with the grunting and stomping

I get the same feeling when i ask the employees to scan items too and its like an inconvenience for them. If that's the case they should have placed a price scanner in the electronics dept. Some even tell me the sticker price is the price of the game and i ask them to double check and surprise surprise its not. Half the things in there have not been updated in price.

#1998 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:25 AM

I get the same feeling when i ask the employees to scan items too and its like an inconvenience for them. If that's the case they should have placed a price scanner in the electronics dept. Some even tell me the sticker price is the price of the game and i ask them to double check and surprise surprise its not. Half the things in there have not been updated in price.

Yeah, thats my favorite thing to do

Me "Excuse me, could you please scan this?"
Them "Sorry, but the sticker price is the price"
Me "Just scan it please...."
Them "Oh wow, its on sale"

Everytime i hear that, part of me wants to roll my eyes, and part of me wants to say "I told you so!"
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1999 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:33 AM

That's when you ask for a manager and they quiet down and do their job.;)

Posted Image

#2000 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

Picked up today in fort wayne

Red bull x4 (4 left) 47 cents each
NBA block party 08 PSP (2 left) 1.97
NBA LIVE 2009 PSP last one 1.97

TNA Cross the line WII with the STING DVD 1.97 grabbed last 2 anyone want the game pm me just needed the DVD for gifts (they love sting)

Total around 10 bucks .. for 8 games and 2 DVDS not bad at all

went over to Half price books and picked up 2 Genisis games and neither work : ( (lost of 3 bucks)
WOOOO I STINK

#2001 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

"can i get a price check?"

(employees looks at the sticker price) "its $59.99"

these people actually hate there job, im not asking for a fuckin kidney, im asking to push a couple buttons, people are soooo lazy

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....

#2002 Readthepost

Readthepost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

"can i get a price check?"

(employees looks at the sticker price) "its $59.99"

these people actually hate there job, im not asking for a fuckin kidney, im asking to push a couple buttons, people are soooo lazy

We, CAGs are at fault when this happens. Stop asking and just politely state what you want.

The easiest thing to do is to say "Please scan this". Or "Please open this glass case" instead of "Can you open this glass case?"

The term "price check" doesn't mean the same thing to them, as it does to other people.

I have never gotten a negative response when I tell them to scan games.

I do ask some basic questions like "do you have a handheld scanner?" if yes, (I tell them, not ask) "Please come with me" and "Please scan these games" or I'll ask "How many more XXXXXX games do you have in stock?" after the answer (I tell them, not ask) "Please get them for me".

It might sound like I am ass, but my way works without any hassle.

#2003 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:56 PM

Picked up on my out of town trip yesterday:

:wii: Muramasa $9.97
:ps3: MotorStorm Pacific Rift $9.97
:ps3: Wet $9.97
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#2004 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

We, CAGs are at fault when this happens. Stop asking and just politely state what you want.

The easiest thing to do is to say "Please scan this". Or "Please open this glass case" instead of "Can you open this glass case?"

The term "price check" doesn't mean the same thing to them, as it does to other people.

I have never gotten a negative response when I tell them to scan games.

I do ask some basic questions like "do you have a handheld scanner?" if yes, (I tell them, not ask) "Please come with me" and "Please scan these games" or I'll ask "How many more XXXXXX games do you have in stock?" after the answer (I tell them, not ask) "Please get them for me".

It might sound like I am ass, but my way works without any hassle.

I completely disagree with this.

It doesn't matter how you word the statement/question. As long as you're polite and respectful there should be no problems.

This isn't some intricate dance or game of chess we're playing. You're just requesting the service of a person who is there to assist you as one of their primary functions.

apathy.gif

#2005 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

I completely disagree with this.

It doesn't matter how you word the statement/question. As long as you're polite and respectful there should be no problems.

This isn't some intricate dance or game of chess we're playing. You're just requesting the service of a person who is there to assist you as one of their primary functions.

:applause:

i feel like im playing the lottery sometimes when i ask for a price check, sometimes i do say PLEASE and they still check the sticker price, so that really isnt the solution

its hard to believe.....readthepost lives in the NY area, and people are polite????

thats why i have pages full of upc's for this reason

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....

#2006 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:55 PM

Is it just me, or is Wet (at least the PS3 version) a lot harder to control than it should be? I tried playing it for a bit and got frustrated with how difficult it was to get it to actually do what I wanted it to do -- I'd hit a button and then it would seem to decide whether it wanted to do what that button was telling it do or not. And that was just in the tutorial level. Does it get any better, or should I quit while I'm ahead and move on to something less frustrating and more fun? I like a challenge and all, but not when the challenge is "make the controls work".

#2007 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

Based on my experience with the local Sears, their customer service is so bad. It is just so much easier printing out UPCs and scanning them at the self price checker than politely asking them to unlock the glass case and pull out games to price check. They don't seem to care about the customers who are buying video games. They rather help the ones who are buying TVs and digicams.

#2008 darkasian

darkasian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:36 PM

Managed to pick up a few DS Imagine Family Doctor for $.97 each. Was about to leave when the cashier said there's usually this other guy who comes through and sweeps all the clearance stuff out of the store. PS3 Singstar bundles I've been eyeing since they were $14.97. There were 4 bundles sitting at $4.97. Picked up the remaining 4.

#2009 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

I hated WET. yeah the guy was upset that I interrupted his tv watching job, lol. I had him open the glass cases on all the diff imagine games and price check them, lol.

#2010 lobito

lobito

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

Picked up on my out of town trip yesterday:

:wii: Muramasa $9.97
:ps3: MotorStorm Pacific Rift $9.97
:ps3: Wet $9.97

Where did you find Muramasa that cheap? My Sears sold both copies at $20!:bomb: