• Please log in to reply
7892 replies to this topic

#3061 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:29 AM

The Nightmare before Christmas

I can't believe I haven't seen this before...

#3062 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

J Edgar- It was OK. The reviews had me thinking it would be pretty bad but it's far from a train wreck. I'm a huge DiCaprio fan and so maybe I'm a little biased but I thought he did good as old and young Edgar. His accent did not bother me though that may be an issue for some other people. Biggest problem for me was that they tried to put too much into the movie which is pretty long and they hop around the plot too much. There were a few instances where I was little lost in the timeline. Apparently the last few Eastwood films weren't all that great so this would probably not change a detractors mind. As for me this is my first film I've seen from him since Gran Torino and J Edgar is not close to that quality.

#3063 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

CML: cheapassgamer.com/topic/321457-

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

Transformers: Dark (Why-U-No-Say-Side?!?) of the Moon

I only finished the second one because of Megan Fox - her replacement is not even hot. I stopped watching shortly after the whole fat Asian and Shia in the bathroom (halfway through).

#3064 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:11 AM

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Mallrats
Dogtooth

#3065 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:13 AM

Transformers: Dark (Why-U-No-Say-Side?!?) of the Moon

I only finished the second one because of Megan Fox - her replacement is not even hot. I stopped watching shortly after the whole fat Asian and Shia in the bathroom (halfway through).

best part of the movie = first 10 seconds when she walks up the stairs with the bear in just a shirt

#3066 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

^I don't remember either of those scenes... I guess that's how bad it was...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#3067 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

Took two months or so, but finally finished watching the saga on Bluray! This one has the most nostalgia for me as it's the only one I saw in the theater as as kid. Ewoks are a bit cheesy, but everything else in the movie is great.

The ending is also a bit more poignant after having seen the prequels and knowing Anakin's full story. For all their faults, the prequels at least had that benefit (this is the first time I've watched the OT since seeing the prequels).

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#3068 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

Super 8.
Great beginning and the kids were great, but the overall plot fell a little flat for me.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#3069 shinn

shinn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

Super 8 was frickin awesome,
but i seen The Thing prequel recently and I cant understand the horrible reviews it got, sorry lackluster reviews, it was exactly what i wanted it to be, a great prequel and even better scary movie, though obviously not as shocking as the first one.
go see it !!

#3070 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Super 8.
Great beginning and the kids were great, but the overall plot fell a little flat for me.

yeah super 8 was awesome the first 20 or so minutes then its pretty much downhill from there.

if you thought that was ok check out Attack the Block if you havent seen it already. kinda the same premise( with the whole
Spoiler
)but done way better.great music too.

#3071 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Wet Hot American Summer: Pretty good, kind of cheesy at some parts but overall pretty funny.
Limitless: I thought it was really good. The whole idea of the movie was awesome and I thought they executed it perfectly.
Hobo With A Shotgun:
Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3072 RockinTheRedDog

RockinTheRedDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

Saw The Muppets last night. I had a big smile on my face throughout the whole movie. I don't remember the last time I enjoyed a movie that much.

#3073 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

but i seen The Thing prequel recently and I cant understand the horrible reviews it got, sorry lackluster reviews, it was exactly what i wanted it to be, a great prequel and even better scary movie, though obviously not as shocking as the first one.
go see it !!

You reminded me that I needed to see The Thing. It was complete and utter shit. It was a terrible prequel and forgot why the 1982 version was so good. The special effects were some of the worst I've ever seen. The 1982 version was more a psychological thriller than a monster movie, this was almost pure monster movie with the thing chasing people around. It wasn't one bit scary and it makes you question things that happened in the 1982 version (a cardinal sin in a prequel). Plus, the ending should have been a helicopter chasing a dog to lead into the 1982 version. It didn't. Fail.

#3074 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

Jane Eyre (2011).

Very good.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#3075 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

Weird science- Very good. John Hughes is a machine.

#3076 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

The Descendants- Pretty good. I wasn't too crazy about it. I wonder if it's cause I'm not in my 30s or older. I think I just had a hard time connecting to anyone cause the main characters are in their teens and younger or a bunch of people not too far from retirement.

#3077 jaso

jaso

Requiesce in pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

The Man from Nowhere

Another bad-ass drama/action flick from Korea. Check it out on Netflix streaming.

#3078 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:49 AM

The Strange Thing About The Johnsons - Trailer is worth watching: http://www.screened....hnsons/128-951/

PROS:
Well acted and shot
Briefly touches on taboo subject matter
Only 30 minutes long and free on Youtube

CONS:
Fucked up ending
Supposed to be a black comedy but the only thing black about it was the characters...

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3079 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:34 AM

Super 8.

I liked it a lot.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#3080 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:43 AM

You reminded me that I needed to see The Thing. It was complete and utter shit. It was a terrible prequel and forgot why the 1982 version was so good. The special effects were some of the worst I've ever seen. The 1982 version was more a psychological thriller than a monster movie, this was almost pure monster movie with the thing chasing people around. It wasn't one bit scary and it makes you question things that happened in the 1982 version (a cardinal sin in a prequel). Plus, the ending should have been a helicopter chasing a dog to lead into the 1982 version. It didn't. Fail.

That's exactly what the ending was. I'm glad the prequel tried for something different than the 82 movie. If it was the exact same thing it would have been boring. Also the monster looked great and creepy, I don't know what gave you impossibly high standards.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#3081 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:03 AM

Dutch- another John Hughes movie. Watching it just made me happy.
For a few dollars more- good, but I didn't pay attention to the whole thing, looking forward to good, bad, ugly next.

#3082 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:04 AM

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is great.

For a Few Dollars More is the weak link in the Man with No Name trilogy.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#3083 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:57 AM

Horrible Bosses- Charlie Day annoyed me a bit, but it was still pretty funny
Sin City- Fucking amazing

#3084 xRandizzy

xRandizzy

Legendary Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:51 AM

Immortals wasn't that bad.. reminded ALOT of 300 but it did come from the same creators.. so meh.

#3085 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

Captain America- B
If they cut out all of the modern stuff and saved it until after the movie, then it would've been better.

Batsugunner.png

#3086 blazsox

blazsox

Night Prowler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

Watched Bridesmaids last night. Fully expected this movie to be one of those flicks that showed all the funny stuff during its commercials only to see it was legitimately hilarious.

Also cool to see Paul Feig show some love to the "smaller" actors of The Office. Appearances by David Wallace, Carol Stills, and Hank the Security Guard to name a few. (and of course Erin).
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Splinter Cell HD Trilogy
:ps3: NBA 2K13
:360: Forza Motorsport 4
Posted Image Lego City Undercover

#3087 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

The Perfect Host - netflix. Great movie. Can't believe I never heard of this before. Nice plot and twists.

#3088 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

The Adjustment Bureau was just on HBO and I must say it's one of those movies that you can leave the theater still thinking about it. The film itself felt rushed and loses you at some points because of this but the premise is solid enough to carry the audience through.

Thomas Newman lends his musical genius to the soundtrack and proves he can be upbeat in contrast to his usual melancholia. Why doesn't anyone ever tell me when he scores a new movie? I really need a newsletter or something because his work is always fantastic.

Overall, this movie surprised me by twisting the elements of everyday life in a new way. The Christian overtones may turn off some but agnostics will appreciate the ideology presented. It's a smart film, if poorly presented but gets a thumbs up from me.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#3089 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:57 AM

Watched Bridesmaids last night. Fully expected this movie to be one of those flicks that showed all the funny stuff during its commercials only to see it was legitimately hilarious.

Decided to check it out. Pretty damn hilarious the whole time. Lol

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#3090 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:20 PM

True Grit- the John Wayne version. That girl looked a lot like Demi Moore in Ghost.
Now I can watch the sequel more properly, though I've seen it on tv a few times...

Batsugunner.png