• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:08 AM

Meh. You're just a goddamned contrarian ! :D

No, you are!

Posted Image

#3332 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

Anyone else here see A Separation? It won best foreign film at the Golden Globes the other day. It's quite nice.

Really want to see it, but not playing in my city (or perhaps already came and went) so I'll have to wait for Netflix.

Edited by dmaul1114, 18 January 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#3333 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

while not a movie I started watching the Britt Sitcom Pulling on netflix last night and it's utterly hilarious in that very uncomfortable way.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#3334 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

Hachiko 2009 with richard gere. Holy shit this movie was sad as hell. I love animals so this really touched me. Not sure how good it'd be if you didn't like animals but I liked this film a lot. Probably won't watch it again though. Too sad.

#3335 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

War Horse hmm not that great to be honest, very predictable, slow and long.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#3336 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

Anyone else here see A Separation? It won best foreign film at the Golden Globes the other day. It's quite nice.

I haven't seen it but a couple of my coworkers did and they loved it.

#3337 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

The Ides of March.

Very good. Lots of top notch performances--Gosling, Clooney, Hoffman, Giamatti etc. were all outstanding.

#3338 crushtopher

crushtopher

1 to 1.618

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

Moneyball - Awesome movie. Had a pretty solid background on Beane and his ideas and concepts, but I really liked Pitt's portrayal of him and Hollywood's ability to turn it all into a movie.

Hangover 2 - Sucked. Wasn't funny and was predictable and boring. Stu's "devil" speech at the end was pathetic and lame. This movie never should have been made.

#3339 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

Unforgiven. Hard to believe this year will be it's 20th anniversary. Still one of my favorite westerns, if not my favorite.

As for No Country for Old Men. I love it as well. But it's definitely a polarizing movie. People seem to either love it or hate it, with little middle ground.

I think it's a testament of the Cohen Brothers. People either love or hate their movies.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3340 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

I think it's a testament of the Cohen Brothers. People either love or hate their movies.

Yep. I love most of their movies. But there are some I don't care for at all like A Serious Man.

#3341 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

Finally saw Spinal Tap and Waiting for Guffman. Both movies are full of great moments. I'm also a huge Parker Posey fan.

#3342 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Finally saw Spinal Tap and Waiting for Guffman. Both movies are full of great moments. I'm also a huge Parker Posey fan.

Have you seen Henry Foole and Faye Grimm? If not, watch Henry 1st since Faye is a sequel of sorts, but both are mighty good. I laughed harder during Henry Foole than I have at any movie in ages. Oddly, it's not supposed to be very funny.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#3343 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:03 AM

Haywire- Another suprisingly good popcorn action film. Lots hand to hand and Gina C ain't that hard on the eyes.

#3344 vrblknch

vrblknch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

I didn't like Planet of the Apes as much as I thought I would. The CGI in the first half of the movie was almost comically unrealistic. And the ending seemed to be more about leaving open the option for a "prequel sequel" than having enough closure where the original PotA movie could easily be tied to it. They should have been more blunt about the vaguely explored "reason" for how it became a planet of apes

Spoiler

A decent movie, but kinda dropped the ball.

I agree totally. I admit the french novel and the original movie are VERY dear to my heart. The first apes movie is pitch perfect high concept sci fi. At this point the prequel has rebooted to the point that the source material is no longer recognizable. Star Trek by Abrams was in character. Xmen 1st Class was 50/50 for me. Rise was all wrong and only Duncan Jones could reel me in @ this point.

#3345 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:19 AM

Tron Legacy. It was alright. Better than I expected anyway.

#3346 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:31 AM

Straw Dogs - Had mildly low expectations, but it turned out to be very enjoyable. A little slow off the bat, but it made me anticipate the ending that much more.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3347 bburpee

bburpee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

The Artist - Pretty enjoyable, but in no way the Best Picture. I'm talking to you, Oscar voters. Fun + foreign does not equal "memorable to a generation of moviegoers." The ending is cute.

Haywire - Bad script, good action, great cameos. All in all, wait for Blu-Ray, nothing so spectacular that you need to see it on the big screen. And if you're wondering, the girl does *not* get in a bikini, lingerie, naked, or otherwise unclothed. I don't get why Soderbergh is obsessed with non-actors in lead roles... Contagion was much more effective.

#3348 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

Caught Rush Hour 2 on TV, it made me realize that Rush Hour 3 sucked more than I thought.

Batsugunner.png

#3349 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

rush hour 3 was a total cash whore film hardest film to watch next to the transformers flicks. theres nothing worse than watching a film and seeing in the characters that they could care less about being in it. on top of that i recall jackie chan saying how much he hated doing those films its gotta suck that his most popular series always have him playing second fiddle to an american.

#3350 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:28 AM

The Bicycle Theif- that dude is a terrible father lol.

#3351 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:11 AM

The Bicycle Theif- that dude is a terrible father lol.

What did he do? Steal his kid's bike?

#3352 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:17 AM

What did he do? Steal his kid's bike?

Spoiler

#3353 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:28 AM

^ Netflixing that shit right now!

#3354 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Frost/Nixon
Should have had a special feature on the BR that had the actual interview, but a decent movie at any rate.

Dog Day Afternoon
The BR transfer is really good and makes the movie look a lot better. This is the movie where Pacino screams ATTICA if you've heard that soundbyte but never seen it. It's a bank robbery movie that isn't all that impressive overall.
XBL - Nasum2

#3355 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

The Proposition
Ed Wood

#3356 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

I haven't posted on this thread in about a year, but last night I watched 3 movies.

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil - Was every bit as hilarious and over the top as you may have heard (if you've heard anything), and it was one of the funniest movies I saw from 2011

Cowboys vs. Aliens - Dumb, but entertaining.

Drive - I think I can say without hesitation that this was the best movie of 2011. It was definitely the best movie I saw that was released in 2011.
Posted Image

#3357 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Red Tails - It was entertaining. The air battles were cool. I really wish
Spoiler

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#3358 headbanger1186

headbanger1186

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

The Good, The Bad, The Weird.

Sukiyaki Western Django.

Asians....wild west....badassery...nuff said.

#3359 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

Rise of the Planet of the Apes remake. I don't know what I was expecting but due to all the good word of mouth, I was looking forward to this, but it put me to sleep. Maybe I wasn't in the mood, but I really didn't like this movie.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#3360 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

Rise of the Planet of the Apes. watched last night. was real good. ready for the next one

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji