* * * * * 2 votes

Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7746 replies to this topic

#3481 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

Contagion.

It was pretty good. Several solid performances from the ensemble cast.

#3482 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

I saw Enter the Void.

Definately a whacked-out movie.

Freaking loved Enter the Void. I bought it the blu on amazon right after watching in off Netflix. Crazy ass movie.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#3483 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

For the life of me I cannot find out what the movie was called where the guy created a drug that made him super intelligent and he ended up making millions because of his hyper intelligence. Help here?

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#3484 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:01 AM

For the life of me I cannot find out what the movie was called where the guy created a drug that made him super intelligent and he ended up making millions because of his hyper intelligence. Help here?

Limitless its on netflix i mainly remembered it because of that kanye song power.

#3485 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:11 AM

Contagion.

It was pretty good. Several solid performances from the ensemble cast.

I loved the end.
Spoiler
Not anything spectacular, but was scary to see just how easy shit like that could happen.

That movie had such an awesome soundtrack. I was very tempted to buy it. I would actually be interested to watch a fanmade cut of the movie Drive with Contagion's soundtrack.

#3486 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

"The Bridge" - A great documentary, that will stick with me for a while.

#3487 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

That movie had such an awesome soundtrack. I was very tempted to buy it. I would actually be interested to watch a fanmade cut of the movie Drive with Contagion's soundtrack.

I actually didn't like the soundtrack that much, found it a bit jarring at times.

But I'm not into electronic music.

#3488 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Cowboys vs Aliens. OK movie but as not nearly the drizzling shits I expected judging from the trailers.

#3489 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

I felt somewhat disappointed with the last half of Cowboys vs. Aliens. I almost added it to the list of two films I fell asleep during. Olivia Wilde—is—hot, tho. Sort of a saving point.

Pleasantly surprised I really enjoyed Chronicle. Solid film from start to finish. I only have one minor gripe with the film:
Spoiler
Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed the film.

#3490 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance - Absolutely horrible, worst super hero movie ever. Wolverine and Blade Trinity are masterpieces compared to this sack of shit.

Star Wars Episode I 3D - 3D was crap and underutilized.

#3491 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

It's... Nick Cage, what did you expect? Did you see the first one?

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#3492 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Shut Up, Little Man! - most of the major players in the movie were just big greedy douches, all of them. Made me feel horrible for the old men being recorded. But it did make me laugh a few times, ridiculousness.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#3493 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance - Absolutely horrible, worst super hero movie ever. Wolverine and Blade Trinity are masterpieces compared to this sack of shit.

they should revamp that shit and replace cage asap hes too old to pull off that role and hes too stiff to do it any justice. that guy from supernatural ( dean ) would make a good ghost rider as would jeremy renner.

#3494 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

I watch The Silence of the Lambs last night. I am pretty sure I saw it back when it came out in the early 90's when I was a kid (because I remembered like half the movie), and it still holds up well.

I am about to go out and buy a couple blu-rays now, so I should post again tonight.

#3495 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

Yeah but they could release it in smell-o-vision next year and people will still go to the theater to watch.

#3496 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

Just wrapping up Watchmen. Granted, its not the first time I've seen it but I still really enjoy it despite its seemingly divisive nature. I think what really sells it for me is that it has an absolutely fantastic finale. It takes nearly 3 hours to get there but its worth it.

#3497 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

Craptain America. No, that's not a typo, but an accurate description.

#3498 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

It's... Nick Cage, what did you expect? Did you see the first one?

I don't know why, but I actually did like the first one, if you can believe that.

Yeah but they could release it in smell-o-vision next year and people will still go to the theater to watch.

I looked at it this way, I liked the prequels and it was a nice opportunity to see at least Episode I on the big screen again.

#3499 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:07 AM

La Haine
Chronicle
The Secret World of Arrietty

#3500 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:41 AM

Craptain America. No, that's not a typo, but an accurate description.

Was it really that bad?

I thought it was fine.

#3501 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:47 AM

Was it really that bad?

I thought it was fine.

it could have been wore but it easily could have been better.

#3502 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

Was it really that bad?

I thought it was fine.

My beef with it was that the first half was great, but didn't feel like a Marvel movie for the last half. They could have swapped Captain America for some random schmuck and I wouldn't have noticed. I think I would rather the guy who played Dum Dum Dugan was cast as Captain America. It took all the way until the end scene to get it back on track.

It was just a sloppy movie overall. Almost as corny as Hellboy, but Hellboy was supposed to be corny.

#3503 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

I thought it was fun, but other than Captain America himself nothing mattered and there wasn't anything at stake.

#3504 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

I only saw it for Atwell.

I don't know why, but I actually did like the first one, if you can believe that.

I only saw it because of Eva Mendez

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#3505 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

I didn't care for Captain America at all either. I didn't loathe it, but definitely thought it was the worst of the recent Marvel movies.

But I've just always thought CA was a lame as character.

#3506 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

It was just a sloppy movie overall. Almost as corny as Hellboy, but Hellboy was supposed to be corny.

That's true. I wanted to see what happens when you put a supersoldier on the field.

I take the movie for what is is, but I think Marvel was fellating itself a little too much. Too much young Stark Sr. Too much Red Skull. Too much Hydra. Too much superweapon mumbojumbo. Too much song and dance.

If I was doing the movie it would have been more WWII. It would have been Cap vs Hitler. Cap is the one guy in fiction that can get away with giving Hitler a bust to the chops, who doesn't want to see that?

#3507 humancondition

humancondition

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

Kill the Irishman On Netflix right now. Great mobster movie.

#3508 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

they should revamp that shit and replace cage asap hes too old to pull off that role and hes too stiff to do it any justice. that guy from supernatural ( dean ) would make a good ghost rider as would jeremy renner.

Agreed, an interesting side note, Jensen Ackles (Dean) was "internet rumored" to be Captain America before Johnny Storm got the role.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3509 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

Rewatched Kill Bill Vol. 1 after some years. It's all pretty awesome, but I feel the one-woman army sword fighting segment hurt it a lot. Those types of scenes just make me very sleepy, and this one was quite long.

UjCoyFa.png

#3510 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Rewatched Kill Bill Vol. 1 after some years. It's all pretty awesome, but I feel the one-woman army sword fighting segment hurt it a lot. Those types of scenes just make me very sleepy, and this one was quite long.

yeah kb1 is still awesome but kb2 is such a letdown across the board especially the ending i couldnt stop laughing at that lame ending. i read somewhere a while back they were doing more which could be cool if the kids are the focus.