Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7363 replies to this topic

#3841 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Guess I'll watch Lethal Weapon on Netflix tonight.

NighT_Ryder31.png

10-22-00NoMercy_zpsb3f716d7.gif

#3842 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

I don't think Lethal Weapon 4 is that bad. It's not as good as the first 3 by any means, but I don't find it awful or unwatchable. Still an entertaining flick IMO.

#3843 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

the only thing i liked about lw4 was rigs becoming more like his partner and realizing it. them shoehorning in chris rock was very annoying.

#3844 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

Rango - Beautiful film and enjoyed it a lot.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#3845 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

Caught Piranha tonight and for a slasher-ish B-movie, it's actually pretty damn good. Tons of gore and people end up looking like zombies ha. I won't spoil the opener, but it's clearly an homage to Jaws and pays its respects well.

The only oddity is when Christopher Lloyd shows up halfway through as Doc Brown. Not really, but he plays his role exactly like he did in BttF. If nothing else, its worth seeing just for him being kooky lol.

#3846 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

the only thing i liked about lw4 was rigs becoming more like his partner and realizing it. them shoehorning in chris rock was very annoying.

Agreed and Jet Li was pretty bad ass even if he was a villain.

Joe Pesci in the other movies was much better in that role than Chris Rock.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3847 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

District B13 (3.5/5 GhostShark Points) - Solid French action film. The writing and dialogue was pretty cheesy and generic of it's genre, but the idea and setting of the film was pretty unique. I'm not a huge fan of parkour or whatever, but mixing it with martial arts seemed fun.

Doctor Strange (5/5 GhostShark Points) - Watched it in HD now that it is on Netflix and I'm remembering why it's my favorite Marvel animated film. The characters of Mordo, Wong and Strange are all so spot on with their comic counterparts and the visuals are pretty good as well. After watching it, I want a Doctor Strange live action film more than ever now.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#3848 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Doctor Strange (5/5 GhostShark Points) - Watched it in HD now that it is on Netflix and I'm remembering why it's my favorite Marvel animated film. The characters of Mordo, Wong and Strange are all so spot on with their comic counterparts and the visuals are pretty good as well. After watching it, I want a Doctor Strange live action film more than ever now.

I liked it but they have to change up that invisible dragon ghost stuff - it's played.

I would like to see Doctor Strange team up with someone. I was thinking it would be cool if he teamed up with Iron Man to take out the Mandarin.

#3849 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

Saw Back to the Future again, still awesome movie
GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#3850 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

The Losers - It wasn't anything special, but I still enjoyed it for what it was.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3851 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Saw Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. I liked it because it was less convoluted than that previous MI movies, but still a little too long for me.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#3852 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

The Losers - It wasn't anything special, but I still enjoyed it for what it was.

Love that movie, especially this part:

2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#3853 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Reign Over Me.

A lot better than I was expecting. Cheadle and Sandler were both really good in it.

#3854 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

Titanic 3d- 3d was pretty subtle for the most part. Happy I got to see it on the big screen. This movie is what made me a DiCaprio fan.

#3855 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

Kiki's Delivery Service- Loved it. Only a few minor problems with the DVD, since the voice actress for Kiki sounds a bit warbled. Must've been from the remaster of the 90s dub.

J. Edgar- Clint Eastwood does it again. If he ever makes a Bobby Kennedy movie... Didn't really understand the fuss over supposed depiction of Hoover as a homosexual, as Eastwood make him out to be a much more complicated, and pitiful, man.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#3856 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

Kiki's Delivery Service- Loved it. Only a few minor problems with the DVD, since the voice actress for Kiki sounds a bit warbled. Must've been from the remaster of the 90s dub.

J. Edgar- Clint Eastwood does it again. If he ever makes a Bobby Kennedy movie... Didn't really understand the fuss over supposed depiction of Hoover as a homosexual, as Eastwood make him out to be a much more complicated, and pitiful, man.

Eastwood was the one making a fuss.

#3857 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Saw God Bless America, Good gawd what a fucking pathetically hilarious movie. LMAO, Kudos to Bobcat. 10000000000000000/10

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#3858 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

I liked John Carter 👏

#3859 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Also watched "Contraband" (good), "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" (good aside from the gay)

#3860 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

The Grey is so god awful, shutting it off half way -- the "this is fucked city, population 5 and dwindling" line is what tipped the balance.

The plane crash was well done, though.

UjCoyFa.png

#3861 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

I get the feeling that I would be unable to follow the plot of The Grey because I'd be yelling "Wolves/snow/fire/bleeding wounds/hypothermia does not work that way!" over everything.

Posted Image

#3862 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

The Grey is so god awful, shutting it off half way -- the "this is fucked city, population 5 and dwindling" line is what tipped the balance.

The plane crash was well done, though.

Noooooo LIAM is my hero!!!!!

#3863 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

The Darkest Hour - 4/10

Even though it was just like ur typical Armageddon/War of duh Worlds movie I give it a little credit for being a little original in the enemies and all, but the ending was asine stupid. I see a sequel possible too which lowered the score. Nice to see Olivia Thirlby.

Trade List

#3864 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Love that movie, especially this part:

At the time, I didn't think it was anything special, but I've literally been running through a bunch of the scenes in my mind ever since I watched it. That one right there is definitely one of them. He was probably my favorite character.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3865 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

A Thousand Words - Fantastic. Eddie Murphy really pushed himself in this one and it shows.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#3866 supermodestmouse

supermodestmouse

Gotta Catch Em All!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

At the time, I didn't think it was anything special, but I've literally been running through a bunch of the scenes in my mind ever since I watched it. That one right there is definitely one of them. He was probably my favorite character.

I enjoyed the movie but didn't, until this moment, realize that was Chris Evans. Awesome! his stock just went up a whole new level with me ^^
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=224637

smiles are free, don't be stingy :lol:

#3867 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

Glenngarry Glen Ross.

Always Be Closing.

#3868 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, that's why I said the ending was lame. Actually, it makes war of duh worlds (aka aliens chasing cruise) and other movies like it more believable.

Trade List

#3869 lorne

lorne

Sweeping the Ruins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

No spoilers please.

#3870 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

The Darkest Hour - 4/10

Even though it was just like ur typical Armageddon/War of duh Worlds movie I give it a little credit for being a little original in the enemies and all, but the ending was asine stupid. I see a sequel possible too which lowered the score. Nice to see Olivia Thirlby.

Fuck this movie. Fuck this movie in the ass. So bad. Sooooo bad.

Spoiler
How did the hell did this chick end up half a mile away from her group when they both fell in the water at the same place? I was legitimately angry at this film as it ended.

based on what I'm seeing in here and the trailer I thought this might be good to watch when some people were coming over last night. It was perfect. A great movie to talk through. Good enough to watch, bad enough to openly comment on as it's running. The actual creature design was pretty interesting
Spoiler
. I haven't been that surprised by an alien design since Attack the Block.

But honestly, I thought it actually was a pretty decent movie until that terrible ending. I mean seriously they went from holding hands to a half mile away in 20 seconds. Speaking of which
Spoiler
this ending was just bad (like Skyline).

-----
Posted Image
Can I also quickly chime in that Chronicle was surprisingly bad? I can't remember where I just read it but someone pointed out that unlike say Cloverfield, this movie uses the found footage technique but omits the part about the footage being found. In Cloverfield the camera is found, in this movie some of them aren't. I didn't like that. Especially when the first camera was destroyed. It doesn't make sense that I'm seeing footage that was completely destroyed. There were other problems as well but I thought the FX were good, the characters were good, the story (start to finish) was (sum total) decent. I think I wouldn't have had such an issue if they had done a mix like say District 9 which was partially based on "footage" and partially just telling a story. I kinda wanted all this footage to end up being like a library archive of where our greatest SuperHeroes "The Mighty Trio" came from or something like that
Spoiler
. Something to explain WHY I'm watching all of this video footage. short version is that it does nothing of the sort.

Edited by Wolfkin, 28 April 2012 - 04:56 PM.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler