Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7748 replies to this topic

#4141 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

Prometheus - Loved it, wasn't disappointed at all. I think my favorite thing about the movie are all the things to think about now. There's a lot of things that aren't 100% explained but I love that, it leaves so much to your imagination. I really hope he does a sequel that has to do more with the Engineers, I want to see their story, I don't really want any more Alien movies.

#4142 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

The One

Its an okay movie, good idea but quite badly executed.. Jet Li is good as normal I guess.

Surely, you jest. It's one of the greatest movies of all time for his last line alone.:lol:

"I am Yulaw! I'm nobody's bitch! You...are mine."

#4143 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Surely, you jest. It's one of the greatest movies of all time for his last line alone.:lol:

"I am Yulaw! I'm nobody's bitch! You...are mine."

the end scene was the shit he should do a sequel before its too late. have them both fight someone who has pulled off becoming the one.

#4144 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

Prometheus - I'd give it a 3/5 if there were more decent sci-fi movies out there but for now, 4/5. It had some weird editing-pacing-continuity problems. Also, I thought the score was very poor and mismatched. If someone like Clint Mansell (Moon score) did it, I think it would have elevated my appreciation more. My favorite scene was
Spoiler
though it seemed to have little consequence to the plot.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4145 bburpee

bburpee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

Ridley Scott movies are always loads better with the director's cut. Kingdom of Heaven became one of my favorite films after seeing the complete version.

The only thing that could make Ridley Scott's Robin Hood even slightly watchable is if the Director's Cut was just the Disney version with the fox Robin. That movie was freaking awful and made me long for Tony Scott's delicate touch and unpredictability.

And if any of you haven't yet seen Ridley's Robin Hood... by all means don't. Dull, pointless, and it ends at the exact point Robin Hood actually becomes interesting.

#4146 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

that said its past time for another great sci fi flick.theres gotta be some awesome evil alien battle flick going on somewhere. and dont say mib3 or battleship. have there been any good foreign sci flicks recently?

seen Attack the Block?

#4147 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

I really liked Prometheus, person I went with didn't at all, so I guess it's one of those movies.

It makes me sad that we just don't get sci-fi movies like it anymore.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4148 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

seen Attack the Block?

about 6 or 7 times and im planning to watch it again today lol. i love that movie.

#4149 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:06 AM

I saw Prometheus in 2d today and liked it. I agree with people who think the score wasn't as good as it could have been. Plus, the dialog sort of hit the audience over the head when making a point. Things that could have been left to the viewer to speculate we're spoken.

Very minor issues to an overaretry entertaining movie. Friend I saw it with wasn't expecting the gore. I wasn't but I still cringed a few times!

#4150 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

Act of Valor - 10/10

Great movie.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#4151 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

The One

Its an okay movie, good idea but quite badly executed.. Jet Li is good as normal I guess.

would it help if you knew it was written for The Rock originally. The screen writer couldn't come up with an idea of who could take down The Rock so he thought The Rock should fight himself. Scheduling conflict led to Jet Li replacement.

about 6 or 7 times and im planning to watch it again today lol. i love that movie.

ugh.. you guys win. I'll rewatch Attack The Block myself this week again. I've only seen it in full maybe 4 times myself.

I should probably put Project X on my PS3 since it's going to be in rotation like that.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#4152 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

Last night, three Jackie Chan movies were on TV. Dear god, what did they do to Police Story 3. Who the hell thought that opening would appeal to Americans, much less people in general?!

Dragon Lord was more decent, though I should watch it in its original language.

Then Project A 2 was one, not as good as the first one, but fun nonetheless.

Batsugunner.png

#4153 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

I saw Prometheus in 2d today and liked it. I agree with people who think the score wasn't as good as it could have been. Plus, the dialog sort of hit the audience over the head when making a point. Things that could have been left to the viewer to speculate we're spoken.

Very minor issues to an overaretry entertaining movie. Friend I saw it with wasn't expecting the gore. I wasn't but I still cringed a few times!

Yeah, the scene where
Spoiler
was particularly silly.

That being said, I enjoyed the movie as a whole. Fassbender stole the movie, just like he did with X-Men last year.

Saw it in IMAX 3D btw. I really wish they would have 2D IMAX showings of movies for films I really wanna see on that screen, but not with that bullshit. Thank god The Dark Knight Rises isn't in 3D, since that's the other movie I'm willing to make the drive to see in IMAX, as well as pay the obscene prices they charge out here. ($18 for a movie is goddamn bullshit.)
Posted Image

#4154 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

Rise of Planet of The Apes - A very good film. Serkis was amazing as Caesar. After he brought Gollum in LOTR to life, I've had no doubt in his ability. All of the actors portraying primates did a good job. Caesar didn't have to speak and you knew exactly what he was trying to say. By the end of film, you were supposed to feel for these creatures and YOU WERE ROOTING FOR THEM AGAINST THE HUMANS!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4155 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Prometheus - 3/5 - It was ok, but left far too many questions unanswered, and left some plot holes empty for the viewers. Noomi Rapace was pretty damn sexy in the film, but I didn't really enjoy her character. As a matter of fact, I didn't enjoy many of the characters, David included. Idris Elba was fantastic, though.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#4156 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

The Thing prequel. Didn't know what to expect, but ti was pretty good. i like some of the the little nods to the original, like explaining how the fire axe got stuck in the wall in the Carpenter movie. Also clarified that the Thing can't replicate inorganic things like jewelry or tooth fillings, so that clears up the ending to the Carpenter movie a bit.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#4157 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

#4158 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

^ this proves my point that the most negative reactions come from Alien fanboys.

Can't wait to read reviews after the new Blade Runner comes out.

#4159 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

Men in Black 3

I thought it was okay, certainly better than the second one (what I remember of it). There was moments during the film were jokes just weren't funny or things just didn't make sense / add up but it was still okay.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#4160 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

the end scene was the shit he should do a sequel before its too late. have them both fight someone who has pulled off becoming the one.

Well if I remember it was originally supposed to be The Rock in that film, so make a sequel with Li & The Rock.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#4161 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

^ this proves my point that the most negative reactions come from Alien fanboys.

Can't wait to read reviews after the new Blade Runner comes out.

I've talked to many Alien fanboys that have read the books and comics numerous times that enjoyed the movie, though they thought some stuff could be explained a bit better.

I'm also really looking forward to the new Blade Runner. The book and movie are both superb and any more to that universe will make me happy.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#4162 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

Edited by Soodmeg, 16 July 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#4163 bburpee

bburpee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

Prometheus made me angry.

I loved it for about an hour. The look is fantastic, the case is great, the seed of an idea is outstanding sci-fi fun. But at some point along the way the studio conspired to give 2/3 of a movie and slice out everything that happened to connect interesting moments from the midway point on. I wasn't shocked to see the Blu-Ray advertised at the end of the credits - I'm 100% certain it'll be a "definitive Director's Cut" with a ton more scenes that make the second/third acts something more than the wham-bang nonsense it was.

I hate Damon Lindelof now, and I'm ashamed that I sat through the entire Lost abortion while he wrote it into complete mediocrity. He co-wrote this and his stupid "let's introduce a plot element for no reason, because it might seem cool!" and "let's have the cast say the most obvious/idiotic dialogue when it comes time to move the plot along!" are all over Prometheus. I actually felt bad for Ridley Scott, because the movie was beautifully set up, only to have ham-fisted character development and plot "twists" jammed in all over the place as it went along.

I couldn't figure out why the screenplay talked down to us with Charlize Theron's and Idris Elba's stupid proclamations (if you saw it, you probably know what I'm talking about) and the male doctor's reaction to their discoveries. Eh... what? What reality does Lindelof live in?

But seeing the final credit told me the studio will have more for us in October... which I'm thinking is the REAL version of the movie without a rushed second half. I guess we'll see, but I think this was a dishonest portrayal of the movie if that was their marketing plan from day one... and it still doesn't let Lindelof off the hook for the stupidity of the second half. Shame on you, Damon. If they keep offering you an opportunity to stupidify your favorite movie franchises, just say no. We've had enough of cadet Kirk going to captain on a ship he's not assigned to in about the span of a day, as well as the numerous specific problems that popped up in the second half of Prometheus.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Could have been great. Was ultimately not.

Here's a very interesting discussion about the themes and happenings in the movie: http://cavalorn.live...135.html#cutid1http://cavalorn.live...135.html#cutid1

Edited by bburpee, 11 June 2012 - 01:37 AM.

#4164 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

Watched Fright Night due to the discussion about it and I liked it.

It's a good movie, but I can see how people who are hung up on the original wouldn't like it, but those people probably wouldn't like any remake no matter how great it was.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4165 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

David Tennant in leather pants, what more could ya like?

Batsugunner.png

#4166 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

IM: Ghost Protocol - one of the best action films of recent times

Machete - hilarious and bloody
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#4167 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

The Grey = superwolves vs a lumberjack circle-jerk on Liam Nelson

Edited by Necrozilla, 12 June 2012 - 11:00 PM.

(()) wOOpwOOp That's the sound of a trade: >>[acronym="Check My List ↓"]CML[/acronym]<< (())

PS3 & 360 games @ Have: DmC, Split/Second (both new), Halo 4 (mint)
10% CAG discount Vs. ebay listings!

#4168 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

Snow White and The Huntsman. I was pretty impressed. Much better than I thought and they really played up the fairy tale angle nicely without going too over the top.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#4169 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:40 AM

Saw Prometheus. Definitely not what i was expecting after months of anticipation and obsession. Pretty cliche bs at points.but honestly. I loved it.I dont know exactly why. But the mystery and how it progressed without giving you too much is actually what I liked about it. Never been a huge fan of Alien either. Besides the first two movies they have all sucked bags of dicks. Its the strange universe of Alien that is the main draw really.meh.

#4170 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

Chronicle - fakest shit that ever faked

Thought the commercials were viral marketing, but the movie is actual "I carry a camera with us".

(()) wOOpwOOp That's the sound of a trade: >>[acronym="Check My List ↓"]CML[/acronym]<< (())

PS3 & 360 games @ Have: DmC, Split/Second (both new), Halo 4 (mint)
10% CAG discount Vs. ebay listings!