• Please log in to reply
7958 replies to this topic

#4471 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

Was it him running away for 2 hours?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4472 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

Hmmm, funny Will Ferrell or Will Ferrell trying to be funny? Actually, I probably answered my own question because I'm not sure I've liked any of his (comedy) movies but love his SNL stuff.

Agreed. It was the same way with Jim Carey. Even when they're in movies it seems like they're playing sketch TV characters, and it just comes off as awkward because you're watching a movie, not sketches.

Paul Rudd is the almighty exception. That guy works great in everything. Because he's so damn dry and subtle. No theatrics.

#4473 noone13

noone13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

Ha, true enough. Maybe the pacing is just right because there's only so much you can take in one sitting.

I think it helped a lot that the movie was under 90 minutes too. Normally I complain about short movies but for this movie it was perfect.

Watched Soldiers of Fortune today with Sean Bean and holy crap was it a terrible. Good thing I saw it for free but it was awful.

#4474 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

Agreed. It was the same way with Jim Carey. Even when they're in movies it seems like they're playing sketch TV characters, and it just comes off as awkward because you're watching a movie, not sketches.

Paul Rudd is the almighty exception. That guy works great in everything. Because he's so damn dry and subtle. No theatrics.

Paul Rudd? Really? Are you serious?

#4475 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

Was it him running away for 2 hours?

Yes. And you had to watch everything twice. You would see him get on a plane and then watch the CIA sitting around monitors watching a video feed of him getting on the plan and saying "omg, he just got on a plane!"

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#4476 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

Tucker and Dale vs Evil. Awesome movie.

#4477 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

Yes. And you had to watch everything twice. You would see him get on a plane and then watch the CIA sitting around monitors watching a video feed of him getting on the plan and saying "omg, he just got on a plane!"

Sounds like I'll pass on it. Running away gets old.

It's even worse when a movie poorly attempts to copy it, like the Hulks.

#4478 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

Co-sign. Everyone should check it out.

#4479 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:51 AM

Saw Wall Street for the first time. So good that I didn't want it to end. It's the first Oliver Stone movie I liked (Scarface confused me, probably because I was too young at the time to understand it and The Doors went on and on to the point of boredom).

Is "Money Never Sleeps" any good? Letting the viewer decide what happen to Bud Fox and Gordon Gecko at the end of the first movie seemed good enough not to have a sequel.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#4480 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

Saw Wall Street for the first time. So good that I didn't want it to end. It's the first Oliver Stone movie I liked (Scarface confused me, probably because I was too young at the time to understand it and The Doors went on and on to the point of boredom).

Is "Money Never Sleeps" any good? Letting the viewer decide what happen to Bud Fox and Gordon Gecko at the end of the first movie seemed good enough not to have a sequel.

Money Never Sleeps isn't too bad; I'd say you can't go wrong at least giving it a viewing.

#4481 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

One of the best fucking movies EVER!

I love that flick! 8-)

"You slip me the $2, I'll slip you the weiner! I don't have the cash! Well then I don't have a wiener!"

"Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues."

Brenda: Chris, it really scary in here. I just saw two people shoot out a bald chineese lady with no pants on and there's a guy outside who wants his suspenders and slippers!
Bum: GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!
Brenda: You just moved!

"Would a playboy Centerfold have nothing better to do on a Saturday night than to show up at a frat party with a bunch of kids?"

"That's the sweetest thing anybody's ever said to me! Wanna go to bed?"

"Nobody fucks with the babysitter!"

:lol:

Can't wait to check that one out!

Edited by evildeadjedi, 15 August 2012 - 03:50 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4482 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

Money Never Sleeps isn't too bad; I'd say you can't go wrong at least giving it a viewing.

Yeah, it was better than I expected. Other than the sappy ending anyway.

#4483 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:49 AM

J. Edgar was so bad, I don't know why I sat through the whole thing. I guess I was hoping for some redeeming quality but no, the whole thing just sucked. I couldn't tell at all exactly what the message of the movie was supposed to be because it was just all over the place. When you want to show a man in a certain light, don't keep changing the position of the lamp.

Man, I want my time back.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#4484 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

Expendables 2 was great fun. Way better than the first movie.

#4485 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:20 AM

I just saw the amazing spider-man. I know almost everyone will disagree,but I thought it was the best superhero movie I've ever seen.

#4486 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Continuing on my action movie weekend, saw The Raid: Redemption. It wasn't as crazy as I expected but really good. Definitely one to check out.

#4487 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Tucker & Dale VS Evil - Definitely, as good as people have said it was. Tyler Labine was hilarious (I was a fan of Reaper :( so I know he is).

It was an interesting twist on the slasher genre. An entertaining horror comedy. "These guys are dying around my property!"
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4488 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

Expendables 2 - Great, mindless action with just the right amount of comedy mixed in. Enjoyed it a lot more than The Expendables.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#4489 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

Beetlejuice. If I treat it as a comedy, I thought it was fun. But a damn shame that Burton didn't utilize Keaton more, or at least in a slightly different capacity.

Batsugunner.png

#4490 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

Paul Rudd is my absolute favorite comedic actor. His delivery of lines is incredible and has me laughing out loud 99% of the time. It's like he doesn't even try.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4491 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

Goya's Ghosts. Enjoyed it. A tad slow at times but some strong performances.

Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows. Even more forgetable than the first.

#4492 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Has anybody seen the new Total Recall? Is it a fun movie to go see? Most agree it isn't better than the first. But some are making out the first to be this cinematic masterpiece which I don't think it is. Any thoughts CAG's?

I have not watched it nor want to, but I follow 1 simple rule with 80's - early 90's remake and ripoffs.

All classics from that era are served with a bit of cheese, the remake/ripoff better have actors be able to or willing to pull that off, if not, than I know its going to be a bad movie that I don't want to see.

Most classics from that era pretty much has 1 outlandish concept and everything logically flows after that 1 concept, no matter how rediculous it may be. It is up to the actor/actors that makes that 1 concept believable.

Highlander/Adventures in Babysitting/Coming to America/The Terminator/Die Hard/The Princess Bride/Willow/Back to the Future/Ghostbusters/Ferris Bueller's Day Off/Big Trouble in Little China/Gremlins

Current trend is try to make the 1st outlandish concept as believable as possible with logic and explainations and it fucksup the whole movie because they all try to go back to it with explainations and crap and add cheese in between, the actor has to do it motherfuckers.

Only way I can see any recent action remakes of an 80's movie be good now is if the Rock is the star. Check out the "The Rundown", if that was made in the 80's he would be one of the biggest stars now.

Edited by nixmahn, 21 August 2012 - 05:20 PM.

Have 3 demo SSB codes for trade. Already have last 6 Club Nintendo Wii U eshop games from Club Nintendo. Will take any Wii U eshop game codes I don't already have or Non CN 3DS eshop code.

Check My Trade List
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=276079

#4493 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

Tucker and Dale was pretty funny, totally turned that crazy hillbilly type of horror movie on it's head.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#4494 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

Paul Rudd is my absolute favorite comedic actor. His delivery of lines is incredible and has me laughing out loud 99% of the time. It's like he doesn't even try.

Paul Rudd? Really?

The guy is an empty suit.

#4495 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

Paul Rudd? Really?

The guy is an empty suit.

False

#4496 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

False

:applause:

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4497 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

Expendables 2 - Awesome. Some movies think they're too good for lines such as "rest in pieces" but thankfully, not this one. Definitely better than the first IMO.

#4498 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

Ip Man 1&2

Expendables 2
Better than the first, but that was not a great movie.. This one was okay, mindless action all the way through. I feel like with Chuck Norris being a part of the line up being quite a big deal in my opinion that his involvement should have been kept a secret. That would of been awesome.

Also everyone quoting lines from each others films got kind of old after a while, but ah well.

Edited by saunderscowie, 24 August 2012 - 05:11 PM.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#4499 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

X: The Man with X-Ray Eyes, as recommended in Stephen King's Danse Macabre. A doctor develops a way to enhance human eyesight, experiments on himself, experiment gets a little out of control.
Spoiler

Posted Image

#4500 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot was on PBS last night. A fun movie, especially when you have Clint Eastwood AND Jeff Bridges.

Batsugunner.png