Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
8062 replies to this topic

#4501 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

Marvel - The Avengers: Finally saw the movie a few days ago. Fuck that movie was awesome! Well worth the wait!!!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4502 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

The Apparition - Curse me and my need to watch horror movies.

It wasn't unwatchable like it's score on Metacritic would lead one to believe, it was just boring and nothing new. It started off well though, and the movie should have been about either of the two opening "scares" that happened instead of what they did.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4503 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

Saw the Avengers finally. pretty generic movie. entertaining but not as amazing as I kept hearing. Mainly laughed every single time Thor spoke(I haven't seen Thor) and mainly the entire thing just reminded me of a "modern" power rangers. Sigh, im getting old.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#4504 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

Saw the Avengers finally. pretty generic movie. entertaining but not as amazing as I kept hearing. Mainly laughed every single time Thor spoke(I haven't seen Thor) and mainly the entire thing just reminded me of a "modern" power rangers. Sigh, im getting old.

I didn't think the avengers was as great as people said and I'm 17

The Apparition - Curse me and my need to watch horror movies.

It wasn't unwatchable like it's score on Metacritic would lead one to believe, it was just boring and nothing new. It started off well though, and the movie should have been about either of the two opening "scares" that happened instead of what they did.

Should've gone with Paranorman

#4505 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

The Raid: Redemption

Great martial arts flick, moves look like they fucking hurt. It's realistic in that way, but it's also really ridiculous looking at how long the "boss" fights take. If you slammed my head into concrete I'd probably be done, just saying.

#4506 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

The Hunger Games.

I liked it a lot. I enjoyed the books and thought the movie was well done. Very good casting etc.

#4507 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

God Bless America - Really enjoyed it. Bashed you in the head with how bad society has gotten in terms of media and whatnot, but thoroughly entertaining.

#4508 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

Watched Boy Wonder last night. It was okay. The ending was really good, but guess I was expecting more after everything I've been hearing about it lately.

#4509 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

Should've gone with Paranorman

I'll see that eventually. The marketing is putting a huge emphasis on the zombie aspect and I'm incredibly tired of zombies, so that killed a lot of my interest in it.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4510 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

Whale Rider- It's a interesting movie that deals with family and tradition. Strong leading female. Worth a look if you want to escape a Hollywood like feel and have non whites being the main characters.

#4511 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

21 jump street - pretty bad

Duh Dictator - pretty funny

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#4512 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

21 jump street - pretty bad

Duh Dictator - pretty funny

I can't take your opinion seriously.

Anyways, I watched The Change-Up yesterday expecting it to be pretty bad, but I actually really enjoyed it. I thoroughly enjoy Jason Batemen's acting and I'm actually a fan of Ryan Reynold's style of comedy, unlike a lot of people. Not to mention seeing Olivia Wilde is always a plus.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4513 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

I know... I know... I'm not a douche so I can't relate to works by Jonah Hill...

Oh yeah almost forgot... :flame suit on:

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#4514 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

Source Code was pretty alright.

Posted Image

#4515 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

The Angel's Share- It's a new Scottish film. A funny comedy with a good small group of characters to keep track of. For us not used to the accent it is hard to understand half of the lines. Maybe it's best to watch on DVD at some point.

#4516 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Saw the Day of the Dolphin. Written by Buck Henry, and starring George C. Scott and Paul Sorvino. I thought it would be like the Simpsons episode, but it was a pretty interesting movie until the end, as an evil plot is uncovered. The way the more "mature" themes were presented actually reminded me of Tron, since that dealt with something we're going to have to deal with in the future and any exploration of it had to be relegated to the "intense plot."

And "Pa does not love Fa!"
Posted Image

Batsugunner.png

#4517 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

Paranorman

I'll see that eventually. The marketing is putting a huge emphasis on the zombie aspect and I'm incredibly tired of zombies, so that killed a lot of my interest in it.

It's actually very well done. the Zombies are a relatively minor aspects. Almost in the sense of Walking Dead which isn't really about the zombies. It's about being different, bullying and I think we all know where that leads. In retrospect
Spoiler

Beetlejuice. If I treat it as a comedy, I thought it was fun. But a damn shame that Burton didn't utilize Keaton more, or at least in a slightly different capacity.

wait... it's not a comedy?

Tucker and Dale was pretty funny, totally turned that crazy hillbilly type of horror movie on it's head.

great movie0

Has anybody seen the new Total Recall? Is it a fun movie to go see? Most agree it isn't better than the first. But some are making out the first to be this cinematic masterpiece which I don't think it is. Any thoughts CAG's?

My little cousin liked it but she's never seen the original so it's not that her opinion is invalid. It's just that she can't articulate how good it is by comparison.

All classics from that era are served with a bit of cheese, the remake/ripoff better have actors be able to or willing to pull that off, if not, than I know its going to be a bad movie that I don't want to see.

Most classics from that era pretty much has 1 outlandish concept and everything logically flows after that 1 concept, no matter how rediculous it may be. It is up to the actor/actors that makes that 1 concept believable.

Highlander/Adventures in Babysitting/Coming to America/The Terminator/Die Hard/The Princess Bride/Willow/Back to the Future/Ghostbusters/Ferris Bueller's Day Off/Big Trouble in Little China/Gremlins

I dunno some of those movies hold up very well I think. They're outdated now like movies that center around character unable to contact each other because cell phones weren't around but some of those hold up very well. Die Hard I've seen more than a few times and I think it holds up cheeselessly as well as maybe The Terminator, and Back to the Future if I remember correctly.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#4518 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Killer Elite

Was okay, enjoyed De Niro.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#4519 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Haywire.

Didn't like it at all. Expected a lot more from Soderberg, the cast and an 81% on RT. Found it boring, the action/fight scenes pretty lame etc.

#4520 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:04 AM

Haywire.

Didn't like it at all. Expected a lot more from Soderberg, the cast and an 81% on RT. Found it boring, the action/fight scenes pretty lame etc.

*sigh*

#4521 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

^^ Such an enlightening response to someone's opinion.

Just finished up the documentary "Marley." Really great stuff. Even if you're not that big of a Bob Marley fan, you'll still enjoy it.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#4522 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

^^ Such an enlightening response to someone's opinion.

Just finished up the documentary "Marley." Really great stuff. Even if you're not that big of a Bob Marley fan, you'll still enjoy it.

I'm sure my response has given dmaul1114 a new outlook on life.

#4523 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

Immortals
Terrible movie with stupid plot.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#4524 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Singin' in the Rain.
Lots of people keep thinking of the title song and can't for the life of them tell me what the hell the plot is about.

Gene Kelly is amazing, and he freakishly reminds me a little bit of Christian Bale in American Psycho. Too bad there aren't any actors like Mr. Kelly anymore.

I think it is a great film but as a modern viewer, I do find the musical numbers jarring and half of them seem like excess frosting, a point that even the actors in the movie referenced when talking about the Dancing Cavalier.

I'd recommend you watch it, especially since the only thing everybody knows about the movie is just that song that lasts a mere fraction of the time compared to the other numbers.

Batsugunner.png

#4525 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Singin' in the Rain.

I think it is a great film but as a modern viewer, I do find the musical numbers jarring and half of them seem like excess frosting, a point that even the actors in the movie referenced when talking about the cavalier.

This is why I can't stand most movies made prior to 1965-68

#4526 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

Watched these to / from NY trip last week.

Woody Allen: A Documentary
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
21 Jump Street
The Raid

Last night:

5cm Per Second

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#4527 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

This is why I can't stand most movies made prior to 1965-68

Huh? Most classics don't have musical numbers worked in like Singing in the Rain. I'm not huge fan of classics or anything, but plenty of great movies from back then like Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Hitchcock's films etc.

#4528 adonfraz

adonfraz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

#4529 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

Huh? Most classics don't have musical numbers worked in like Singing in the Rain. I'm not huge fan of classics or anything, but plenty of great movies from back then like Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Hitchcock's films etc.

Didn't mean music only, much of it is cheesey. Pointing out the movies you named are the exceptions obviously.

#4530 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

I don't know that I'd agree that most old movies are cheesy either. Quaint maybe, as things were different back then both in society and in terms of what they could include in movies in terms of language, level of violence etc. than in the present.