* * * * * 2 votes

Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7892 replies to this topic

#4561 zman73

zman73

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

The Breakfast Club 4.5/5
- Saw some of this again, still like it a lot, remember loving it a while back. Thought about how awesome this movie must have been for it's time, if you had seen it when it first came out and especially how good it would be if you were also the age of characters at that time.

Wish Emilio Estevez had been in more recent films. Judd Nelson is ace in this movie, seems very underutilized as an actor. I need to go watch more John Hughes movies again. What happened with him anyways, did he kind of just lose his touch over time?

John Hughes didn't direct as much as he wrote (though he did direct Ferris Beuller and Weird science, and Planes Trains and Automobiles... Last directorial effort 1991's Curly Sue) He wrote a TON of great films over his life. The last film he wrote before his death was Drillbit Taylor.

#4562 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

John Hughes didn't direct as much as he wrote (though he did direct Ferris Beuller and Weird science, and Planes Trains and Automobiles... Last directorial effort 1991's Curly Sue) He wrote a TON of great films over his life. The last film he wrote before his death was Drillbit Taylor.

Went out on high note.

#4563 J7.

J7.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

Ya I don't care if he only wrote it because those films are just as good as the ones he directed. For some reason I keep thinking he had something to do with Back to the Future.

#4564 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Urban said he wouldn't do Dredd if the helmet came off.

Smart decision.

#4565 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Enter the Dragon

Akira

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#4566 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

God Bless America- It's a movie showcasing things that are wrong about America. Sure it's about a guy with head cancer going postal but the underlying message is America would be a better place if people were not like this.

It was a good watch.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4567 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

The original Total Recall really is an excellent movie. Even for this day the story is strange (story elements like radiation mutants, alien artifacts, and interplanetary espionage had rarely been seen in blockbusters up to that point)

For an Arnold movie there is a surprising amount of subtlety hidden behind the outrageous action scenes and over-the-top acting.

There was absolutely no reason to remake it. If they wanted to remake it with a twist, or make a prequel/sequel, then maybe but I see nothing to convince me that the new movie is original in any way.

i agree that TR was a good movie but I'm ok with a remake.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#4568 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

TV was showing Blankman this morning. I thought Damon Wayans was annoying but endearing. I still like it as much as I did when I was a kid.

Batsugunner.png

#4569 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Snatch (2000)

Glad I finally got around to seeing it, was a very fun watch.

#4570 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

Cowboys and Aliens. Total garbage. I can't believe how bad it was.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#4571 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

Cowboys and Aliens. Total garbage. I can't believe how bad it was.

I really liked the first half. It fell apart.

#4572 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

A Dangerous Method.

Ending was weak, but otherwise was very good.

#4573 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

The Wolf Man- Classic movies fucking suck

#4574 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

I really liked the first half. It fell apart.

Eh, I'll give you the first half hour but the entire movie made absolutely zero sense and the aliens were just dumb. I won't even get into the silliness of the alien plan and their motivation/method for carrying it out. They had to have started filming this one before the script was complete.

#4575 J7.

J7.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 3.75/5 - Started off good but slowly went downhill the entire film.

#4576 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

Smart decision.

Great movie. It's doing terrible at the box office but it was refreshing (pun?) to see a movie that was dark and gritty. Glad he didn't take the helmet off, really built up the character into more than just another hollywood face. Doesn't hurt either that the movie was actually good and the leading lady was attractive enough.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#4577 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 3.75/5 - Started off good but slowly went downhill the entire film.

I loved it

#4578 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

Really? I thought it was pretty great.

#4579 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

The Wolf Man- Classic movies fucking suck

LOLZ...you should watch the original Dracula if you want to see a sucky movie. Nosferatu was far better imo.

#4580 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

LOLZ...you should watch the original Dracula if you want to see a sucky movie. Nosferatu was far better imo.

Oh snap!

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4581 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

Wolfman was ok..... I plan on checking out all the universal classics and both nosferatus.

#4582 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

Wolfman was ok..... I plan on checking out all the universal classics and both nosferatus.

So, first it fucking sucked and now it's ok? Alrighty then. The Wolfman is a fantastic Universal horror movie, but my favorite would be Creature From The Black Lagoon, definitely check that out.

#4583 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

Dredd - good, shame it's not doing better in the box office

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4584 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:43 AM

So, first it fucking sucked and now it's ok? Alrighty then. The Wolfman is a fantastic Universal horror movie, but my favorite would be Creature From The Black Lagoon, definitely check that out.

I was lying the first time. The remake was a billion times better in every possible way.

#4585 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

Dredd - good, shame it's not doing better in the box office

I really liked it as well. Definitely sad how badly it bombed, especially since it was the best movie to come out that week.

#4586 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

I really liked it as well. Definitely sad how badly it bombed, especially since it was the best movie to come out that week.

It doesn't help that the Sylvester Stalone version is the most memorable one of the two. With that horrid trash of the last movie as the marker for the new movie, do you honestly think it would have done well?

#4587 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

I think it more comes down to that Dredd isn't really relevant anymore and no one knows who he is.

#4588 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

I saw FrankenWeenie and really enjoyed it. If you're a Tim burton fan you should check it out.

#4589 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

John Carpenter's THE FOG

7/10

Not better than Halloween but still a worthy cash in horror flick

NighT_Ryder31.png

#4590 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

The House of the Devil on Netflix. Very old school feel horror movie. Very slow, but didn't quite hit me with the horror like I thought it might. A couple violent parts (one took me by surprise with how sudden it was), but not terrible.