Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7865 replies to this topic

#4891 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

Went to The Hobbit earlier today. It was old school 24 fps and 2d.

First off, regarding the 48 fps discussion. Whether or not you like it is one discussion but it was clearly show with the intention of being shown that way. It gets blurry as all hell in certain sections because the camera is moving really quick. I kind of regret not seeing 48 and 3d.

The movie itself? It was good, not as good as any of the LotR movies, though. My biggest problem is that the artificial padding of milking 3 movies out of this really showed, unfortunately. It drags way too much at the beginning. Particularly
Spoiler
That scene was just too long. Some of the characters were really interesting and I really enjoyed Bilbo and Thorin, in particular.

#4892 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

The Watch

I read some pretty bad reviews, so I honestly wasn't expecting all that much and while it wasn't the greatest movie by any means, I still enjoyed it for what it was.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4893 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Looper - Great film. I don't know if the events of the events of the film actually lead up to that ending though. Joe's arch wasn't as fluid as it could have been and apart from
Spoiler
there was very little to show his mindset turn towards saving the day. I also didn't understand the idea of how what Young Joe was planning at the under didn't sync up with Old Joe causing Old Joe to react accordingly. That was probably the biggest glaring error in the film for me.

I also think the film could have done with more inventive camerawork. I think everyone knows the shot of Joe falling off the fire escape. The film could have used more of that although we didn't get it.

#4894 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Looper - Great film. I don't know if the events of the events of the film actually lead up to that ending though. Joe's arch wasn't as fluid as it could have been and apart from

Spoiler
there was very little to show his mindset turn towards saving the day. I also didn't understand the idea of how what Young Joe was planning at the under didn't sync up with Old Joe causing Old Joe to react accordingly. That was probably the biggest glaring error in the film for me.

I also think the film could have done with more inventive camerawork. I think everyone knows the shot of Joe falling off the fire escape. The film could have used more of that although we didn't get it.

Saw the film this morning and loved it too. As to your concerns, I think
Spoiler
. That's how I understood it anyway, but time travel movies are bound to have holes in them.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#4895 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Saw the film this morning and loved it too. As to your concerns, I think

Spoiler
. That's how I understood it anyway, but time travel movies are bound to have holes in them.

Basically it's the action that makes the memory? Not the state of mind or intent? That makes sense! Thanks!

#4896 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Basically it's the action that makes the memory? Not the state of mind or intent? That makes sense! Thanks!

I think so, watch the diner scene again, they explain it there.

#4897 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

Beasts of the Southern Wild - If you guys want to check out an awesome movie with a kid in the starring role, it's this. Seriously, freakin' good. Pretty touching with a kickass soundtrack to boot. Little kid actress was the bomb.

#4898 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

The Expendables 2 - Great, much better than the first, but I wish Jet Li stayed in the whole movie.

Silent Night Deadly Night - 80's cheesy slasher awesomeness.

#4899 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

The Expendables 2 - Great, much better than the first, but I wish Jet Li stayed in the whole movie.

Naughty!

#4900 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

I haven't seen the 80s one, but the remake is a lot of fun.

#4901 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Got Jaws on blu ray today so watched with some family. Holds up so well.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#4902 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Saw Starship Troopers yesterday. It really does have the cheesiness of Total Recall. I, of course, didn't like it that much since it was a pro-war macho as hell movie, especially since I've seen Full Metal Jacket and like movies recently. Would I watch it again? Not for several years.

Batsugunner.png

#4903 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Saw This Is 40 yesterday. The reviews weren't all that great, but I knew going in that I'd like it at least a little bit considering I'm a huge fan of Judd Apatow, Paul Rudd, and Knocked Up. The movie dragged on A LOT. There were probably 3-4 points where I thought it was ending, but it just kept going. Aside from that, I thought it was really good.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4904 bburpee

bburpee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Saw Django Unchained.

Great movie if you're a fan of QT's style. Some will be offended by the extreme violence, others by the rampant use of the n- word and the slave torture (rightfully so). Some will even be offended by the perceived anti-white racism. Screw all that, it's a great movie and if it's in your wheelhouse, watch it.

I would say it's basically Inglouious Basterds with slavers instead of Nazis... some great dialogue and funny sequences, some really tense moments, lots of revenge. It's not nearly as entertaining as Kill Bill in some ways, and not as relevant in the film world as Pulp Fiction, but it's not a throwaway pic. There's a lot more to it than Jamie Foxx shooting racists.

#4905 Mandy I Am

Mandy I Am

Mew Lickens

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

The Hobbit. It was awesome! Watched it in regular 2D version and don't regret it one bit. My boyfriend and I are going to see it again soon.

#4906 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Snow White and the Huntsman. My wife wanted to watch it and it was actually pretty good. There was enough action to keep me entertained.

#4907 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I Saw the Devil
Silent Night
Gremlins
Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale

#4908 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Saw Django Unchained.

Great movie if you're a fan of QT's style. Some will be offended by the extreme violence, others by the rampant use of the n- word and the slave torture (rightfully so). Some will even be offended by the perceived anti-white racism. Screw all that, it's a great movie and if it's in your wheelhouse, watch it.

I would say it's basically Inglouious Basterds with slavers instead of Nazis... some great dialogue and funny sequences, some really tense moments, lots of revenge. It's not nearly as entertaining as Kill Bill in some ways, and not as relevant in the film world as Pulp Fiction, but it's not a throwaway pic. There's a lot more to it than Jamie Foxx shooting racists.

Well that pretty much kills any interest I had in Django.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4909 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

Saw This Is 40 yesterday. The reviews weren't all that great, but I knew going in that I'd like it at least a little bit considering I'm a huge fan of Judd Apatow, Paul Rudd, and Knocked Up. The movie dragged on A LOT. There were probably 3-4 points where I thought it was ending, but it just kept going. Aside from that, I thought it was really good.

So you mean it's like all his movies?

Once they announced the name was This is 40, I referred to it from that point as This is 40... Minutes Too Long. The guy seriously needs a better editor, or someone to edit himself.

#4910 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

Watched X-men First Class with my parents the other days. Still one of my favorite super hero movies.

Watched Men in Black 3 tonight. Really enjoyed it. Probably my favorite of the series, but it's been a long time since I saw the first 2. May have to pick them all up on Blu at some point.

#4911 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

I didn't think it was anything like IB. Thematically, I'd say that they're very different and even while Christoph Waltz might seem like he's the same character from IB(a critique I've read), it's really a superficial comparison when really looking at the characters. A more apt comparison would be Kill Bill, but Django is much better IMO. It can be enjoyed as a mindless popcorn action flick, but there's definitely some meat there if one cares to look. Anyone that sees this movie as being anti-white is a loon though.

Saw Starship Troopers yesterday. It really does have the cheesiness of Total Recall. I, of course, didn't like it that much since it was a pro-war macho as hell movie, especially since I've seen Full Metal Jacket and like movies recently. Would I watch it again? Not for several years.

Ummm...Starship Troopers was a satire movie. There's a reason why the propaganda shorts and uniforms were modeled after the Nazi's.;)

#4912 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

Suspect X - Whodunit melodrama. 7.0.

#4913 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

So you mean it's like all his movies?

Once they announced the name was This is 40, I referred to it from that point as This is 40... Minutes Too Long. The guy seriously needs a better editor, or someone to edit himself.

Are you referring to Judd Apatow? This is actually the only movie of his where I've noticed that it was dragging on.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4914 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Really? 40 Year Old Virgin and Funny People should be at least 20 mins shorter.

#4915 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Saw End of Watch. I was really excited for this movie for some reason and it didn't disappoint.

#4916 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Eraser was on yesterday. Did anybody notice how Ahnuld pronounced "situation?" He said "sit-too-ation."

Batsugunner.png

#4917 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

I didn't think it was anything like IB. Thematically, I'd say that they're very different and even while Christoph Waltz might seem like he's the same character from IB(a critique I've read), it's really a superficial comparison when really looking at the characters. A more apt comparison would be Kill Bill, but Django is much better IMO. It can be enjoyed as a mindless popcorn action flick, but there's definitely some meat there if one cares to look. Anyone that sees this movie as being anti-white is a loon though.

Maybe I'll give it a shot when it hits the cheap theater then. I really really disliked Inglorious Basterds, so I'm hesitant to watch Django.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4918 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

You don't even like Tarantino films so you had no interest to begin with. Don't be lying.

Maybe I'll give it a shot when it hits the cheap theater then. I really really disliked Inglorious Basterds, so I'm hesitant to watch Django.

No you won't. See above comment, you liar.

leda-doing-le-worm-xd-o.gifaw-ledas-cute-o.gif

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#4919 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

Moonrise Kingdom

#4920 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Django is much better than Basterds, I'll say that much.

Also, though some friends of mine were dissing the Hobbit movie, I actually really, truly enjoyed it. People are saying that it's too goofy, but, having re-read the book just before seeing the movie, the book is just as goofy, if not moreso. The whole
Spoiler
stuff they "added" actually added to the gravity of the situation.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image