Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7774 replies to this topic

#4981 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Watched Looper last night and thought it was great.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#4982 aplusjimages

aplusjimages

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Just watched Looper. Wish I would have seen it in theaters. It was a great movie.

#4983 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Can't add any of these flicks to my netflix queue because the site is always down.

My queue is on autopilot which is aggravating as hell.

#4984 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

American Reunion. Considering the first movie came out when I was a year out of high school, and this is about stuff I'm going through right now, it was right up my alley.

Very entertaining.

Stifler is an all-time classic character.

#4985 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

In no particular order

Original Star Wars Trilogy
Aliens
Empire of the Sun
Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy
Clerks
Original Indiana Jones Trilogy (although I didn't think 4 was as bad as some people do)
Schindler's List
Requiem for a Dream
Full Metal Jacket
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (holy Fuck is this a brutal movie, it gives me headaches)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake, both are good in their own ways)
28 Days Later (and the first ten minutes of 28 weeks later :P)

I'll start going off on tangents if I do this too long but all those movies I could watch forever.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#4986 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Looper.

I liked it, but was a tad let down since I've heard so many good things about it for months. Solid movie for sure, but I wasn't blown away. And the ending was pretty anti-climatic after all the build up.

#4987 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

In no particular order

Original Star Wars Trilogy
Aliens
Empire of the Sun
Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy
Clerks
Original Indiana Jones Trilogy (although I didn't think 4 was as bad as some people do)
Schindler's List
Requiem for a Dream
Full Metal Jacket
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (holy Fuck is this a brutal movie, it gives me headaches)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake, both are good in their own ways)
28 Days Later (and the first ten minutes of 28 weeks later :P)

I'll start going off on tangents if I do this too long but all those movies I could watch forever.

Shit, I wish they made 28 weeks just those people stuck in that house. Sooooo good for those couple minutes. I still like the movie but it just went in a totally weird direction.

#4988 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Texas Chainsaw 3D - I don't even know where to start on this movie, it's so unbelievably awful. The story is extremely stupid, nothing makes sense. I expected it to be bad, but nowhere near this abomination.

#4989 sgtscrotes310

sgtscrotes310

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

favorite flicks that i dont mind watching here and there.

clerks or clerks 2. - i can relate to the two characters in this film. putting up with stupid people (working in retail not a burger joint, its in the general sense) and the dialogue is written well.

a nightmare on elm street series- awesome films in my opinion. the transition from striking fear into teens and sweet kill shots to adding comedic flare to the film. it kinda went downhill after 3 but none the less entertaining.

Slammin Salmon - hilarious movie. we find new things every time we watch it. i just hope the writers of the film are working on a new project.

Sleepaway camp- as cheesy as this 80's trilogy is, i like it. the bad acting, the scenery is cliche but the first film has a small twist that will make you say "gooooood lawd!"

#4990 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Lethal Weapon 1 was on. But it's the only movie I'll be watching for a while, considering I've got to catch up with a lot of TV.

Batsugunner.png

#4991 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Shit, I wish they made 28 weeks just those people stuck in that house. Sooooo good for those couple minutes. I still like the movie but it just went in a totally weird direction.

I prefer Weeks to Days personally. In fact, I don't really like Days.

I guess that's how it tends to be though. People like one and not the other. Too bad it looks like we'll never be getting a sequel though.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4992 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Last movie I saw that sucked (this is a not suck thread but it was/is the worst movie ive seen in a bit) Resident Evil: Retribution? (the newest one)

Didnt suck movie: uhh Django Unchained and also the Prestige. I like to watch the prestige about once a month since it is probably my favorite Nolan movie
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#4993 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

Four Rooms. Hadn't seen this since right around the time it came out in 1995 but bought the DVD cheap a while back. Forgot how much I liked it.

#4994 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead - 10/10

Loved it, documentaries like these will always be good and something most people need/should see.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#4995 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Texas Chainsaw 3D - I don't even know where to start on this movie, it's so unbelievably awful. The story is extremely stupid, nothing makes sense. I expected it to be bad, but nowhere near this abomination.

It was worse than I was expecting which made me sad.

Spoiler

There were some things I couldn't help but like about the movie
Spoiler

#4996 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

It was worse than I was expecting which made me sad.

Spoiler

There were some things I couldn't help but like about the movie
Spoiler

My theater was laughing at this shitstorm as if it were a comedy. If the director came out and said that he meant it to be a comedy then it would make sense. The funniest part was when the main chick fell over that goddamn 2' high wire fence around the graveyard, it was so pathetic.

#4997 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Yeah, people laughed at that too.

Some parts I can't help but believe were meant to be funny. I just can't believe anyone intended some of that stuff to be serious or scary.

#4998 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

The Impossible and Jack Reacher

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#4999 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

The Impossible and Jack Reacher

How was Jack Reacher?

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#5000 jaso

jaso

Requiesce in pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead - 10/10

Loved it, documentaries like these will always be good and something most people need/should see.

I bought a juicer because of this film.

#5001 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

How was Jack Reacher?

It was okay actually, nothing overly spectacular but not bad.. From what i've seen the film hasn't really achieved much attention.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#5002 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Picked up Cosmopolis and Premium Rush last night from Redbox.

Cosmopolis 2/5
-watched this one first because I had a feeling that I would need an "action'ish" movie after watching this one and...I was right. I don't really think it was an awful movie but very slowly paced...and very odd. Maybe I don't watch enough slower paced movies but I thought the premise might of been good. Billionaires with limo-offices riding around town all day long? What's not to love about that?!

Wasn't sure what I was expecting but after the movie ended, I was very confused as to what I had watched.

Premium Rush 3/5
-after Cosmopolis, PR was just a fun movie to enjoy. I still think Joseph Leonard Gordon-Levitt was better in Looper but I wasn't really expecting much out of a bike messenger movie. It was kind of neat of see New York from a biker's perspective instead of from driving point. And the CG NY model was pretty cool (it made me really see how huge NY is and how it takes someone quite some time to get somewhere).

#5003 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

I bought a juicer because of this film.

You gave in. It's all a conspiracy to get people to buy juicers.

#5004 jaso

jaso

Requiesce in pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

You gave in. It's all a conspiracy to get people to buy juicers.

I don't doubt it. It wasn't to lose weight, though - it was half coincidental. I thought I had a stomach ulcer and heard cabbage juice was a natural cure.

Stomach ulcer > cabbage juice.

#5005 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Zero Dark Thirty: (4.5/5)
-
Really well done. In the same vain as The Hurt Locker. It felt more like a documentary then an action flick. Word of warning there is quite a bit of torture shown in the first 45 minutes of the movie so definitely not for the feint of heart.

Django: (4.5/5)

-Masterfully directed and an absolute romp. A modern take on the Spaghetti Western done by one of the best directors of this generation. Christoph Waltz steals the show. A performance for the ages which will garner many nominations.
Xecutioner
CML

#5006 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Sinister: One part was made for a cheap scare, but it certainly was a fun ride and refreshing ride.

#5007 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Pitch Perfect (again) and Life of Pi.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#5008 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Rocky. Somehow I'd never seen the first one. Great movie.

Will probably watch the rest of the series over the next couple of weeks (have the Bluray set) since there all 1:85:1 and I want to avoid black bars for a bit while breaking in my new plasma.

#5009 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Watched The Dark Knight Rises again. Liked it a lot better than when I saw it in the theatre. Miranda Tate still drags the movie down like a motherfuck, though.

Posted Image

#5010 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

I thought Dredd was great. A throwback to 80s R-rated movies. I'd put it up there with Robocop.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?