• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

"Searching for Sugarman"

#5312 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hari-Kiri: Death of a Samurai and The Last Sward Drawn. I'm a sucker for Japanese period films. My only gripes with them is
Spoiler

dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#5313 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

Side Effects.

Steven Soderberg's latest film. Pretty good overall. Strong performances from Jude Law and Rooney Mara.

#5314 Mandy I Am

Mandy I Am

Mew Lickens

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

Recently watched Madea's Witness Protection. It was funny but not quite as funny as some of the other Madea movies.

#5315 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Side Effects.

Steven Soderberg's latest film. Pretty good overall. Strong performances from Jude Law and Rooney Mara.

Saw this also. Strange movie, I feel like it changed focus 3 times.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#5316 Lieutenant Dan

Lieutenant Dan

Ice Cream!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Saw Argo. Good entertainment, but I thought it was overrated. Definitely not Best Picture.

On a side note, am I the only one that is bothered by "true stories" that are changed for entertainment's sake? I don't expect it to be 100% accurate, but there were some pretty glaring falsehoods in that one. I guess I just think that 99% of the audience that watches Argo will think it's all true when it's not, and that bugs me.

#5317 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Saw Argo. Good entertainment, but I thought it was overrated. Definitely not Best Picture.

On a side note, am I the only one that is bothered by "true stories" that are changed for entertainment's sake? I don't expect it to be 100% accurate, but there were some pretty glaring falsehoods in that one. I guess I just think that 99% of the audience that watches Argo will think it's all true when it's not, and that bugs me.

This seems slightly ironic coming from someone whose avatar and screen name are from Forrest Gump... ;)

#5318 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

Seven Psychopaths.

The girlfriend and I both liked it a lot and laughed a ton. Sam Rockwell was particularly good in it.

#5319 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Hollywood just couldn't let the Canadians take all of their hard-earned credit that they deserved.

Batsugunner.png

#5320 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

They're just "inspired" by true stories. Yes, there are a lot of dumb people who will take those movies to be exactly what happened, but pretty much any movie that's inspired by a true story is just very very loosely based on it.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5321 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Taken 2. I knew what was going to happen and it delivered. Loved it.

elevator - netflix - it was a lot better than I thought it'd be. something like a 3 or 3.5 out of 5 stars.

rec 3 - netflix - sucks!

#5322 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Valhalla Rising - 4/5 - I'm not really a huge fan of the silent protagonist in any entertainment medium, but hot damn, Mads Mikkelson makes it work perfectly here. I loved the music, scenery, narrative and cinematography of the film. Only after I watched it I realized it was directed by the same person that directed Drive, and that is awesome.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#5323 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Looper - good movie but guess I expected more with all of the talk on it. Ending wasnt a shock as it felt like the best conclusion, but not bad. Had a hard time getting over how GJL looked during the whole movie though. Maybe it was the eyebrows.

#5324 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

Beverly Hills Cop.

Fucking hilarious even with the dated fashion.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#5325 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

The Dark Knight Rises, but it was a second viewing. On replay, I definitely think The Dark Knight is better, but I really like Rises!

Before that it was Brave (replay). Wasn't as good the second time, but looks great on blu ray.

Looper, I really liked the idea, but the who telekinesis thing was rather out of place. Worth a watch though

I have Moonrise Kingdom out right now, heard nothing but raves so I'm excited to watch it. Can't remember what it's about though lol
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#5326 bburpee

bburpee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

Beverly Hills Cop.

Fucking hilarious even with the dated fashion.

It's an excellent movie. Good plot, great script, terrific acting by pretty much everybody involved. The good old days, when you didn't need two comedians acting like goofballs for 90 minutes... you could actually have plot development.

I love Eddie Murphy.

#5327 piwit

piwit

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

I agree..Taken 2 is excellent..

Haven't watched dark knight rises yet..

#5328 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

saw Primer, I gotta watch it again.....
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#5329 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

Big Trouble in Little China

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#5330 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Compliance - netflix - This movie is interesting. Made me feel anxious and uncomfortable for many scenes but I just had to know what was going to happen. Basically about people just bowing down to authority and never questioning it. The movie was pretty infuriating actually. Wife tried to get me to turn it off multiple times cuz she was getting pissed! maybe like a 2.5 out of 5.

Man in the Iron mask - netflix - Seen it years ago and still loved it. Awesome story.

#5331 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Super 8.

I really really enjoyed this.
Spoiler

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#5332 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Super 8.

Spoiler

That is LITERALLY the exact same analogy I used for it! Great movie, I imagine it's awesome if you can afford one of those giant subwoofer/chair ad ons (forgot the name). Can't wait for Star Trek, JJ has really been on a roll lately:applause:
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#5333 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Super 8.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5334 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

It's an excellent movie. Good plot, great script, terrific acting by pretty much everybody involved. The good old days, when you didn't need two comedians acting like goofballs for 90 minutes... you could actually have plot development.

I love Eddie Murphy.

Yeah, it actually really holds up. I ended up watching Raw after it and it can still compete with the comedy of the top dogs today. Keenan Ivory Wayans is comedic genius(he wrote Raw with Murphy).

Big Trouble in Little China

One of my favorite movies ever.
dohdough.png

#5335 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

That was pretty much my interpretation too. I don't remember a scene where the guy was outed as a fake. I thought Short Round was awesome as a kid that kicked ass, but Willie was annoying as hell from all the constant screeching.

I might try to watch it tonight thanks to you guys.:lol:

Last Crusade is my personal fave, btw. Thanks for the spoiler tag, bro!

Last Crusade is my favorite as well. I never liked ToD, guess it was just the hokey plot, and Short Round yelling DOCTAH JONES!!!!!

On Raw, I still LMAO at that Cosby story. His impression just makes it that much funnier.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#5336 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Short Round is an amazing character compared to that woman who I try to forget.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5337 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Short Round is an amazing character compared to that woman who I try to forget.

I kinda tuned her out to be honest, I couldn't even name her if I hadn't read it in this thread.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#5338 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

I know I'm in the minority but I hated Super 8.

I have the same feeling about it as Cowboys vs. Aliens. Cool idea and concept, pretty interesting movie. And then you actually get to the aliens and it's horrendous.

#5339 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

I have the same feeling about it as Cowboys vs. Aliens. Cool idea and concept, pretty interesting movie. And then you actually get to the aliens and it's horrendous.

agreed 100%
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#5340 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Agree 50%. Cowboys and Aliens was horrible beyond words. I liked Super 8 a lot though.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---