Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
8058 replies to this topic

#5401 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

I'd say so. All 3 versions(2 movies and the book).

What about the awesome 2 part made for TV movie? Fucking love that and it definitely had dark parts. Jaberwocky in that movie was scary as hell for a young me.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#5402 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'd say so. All 3 versions(2 movies and the book).

The only thing dark about the Burton version was that it was complete shit.

#5403 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Tim Burton is really good at shitting on established franchises, minus Batman.

#5404 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Pretty much. That movie is far from great. It had next to no story, it was just showing off 3D the whole time.

I saw it in 2D which made the whole movie stupid as hell.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5405 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Tim Burton is really good at shitting on established franchises, minus Batman.

I agree, at least with batman all he did was fart on it.

#5406 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

I saw The Dreamers today in theaters. There is a film festival in Prague this week showcasing old, older, really old, and new movies that have yet to have or won't have a wide release.
As for the film in question. I liked it. It certainly challenges the intolerant viewers which I'm always a fan of. It's a somewhat twisted film that deals with 3 college aged adults. A twin brother and sister who have a strange dependance on each other as well as being sexually creepy. Then the third man who is a new found friend. Parents leave town and the twins invite the third man to stay for a week of odd, twisted shenanigans.

#5407 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

Finally got around to watching Dredd on blu-ray. It was a lot better than I expected. Karl Urban was pretty dam awesome as Dredd. The story was simple but effective and was really gritty which I think suits Dredd more than what the Original movie did with the character. Definitely recommend but if you are a little squeamish be warned there are plenty of slow mo gunshots and heads being caved in.

#5408 mkultra

mkultra

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

Noroi The Curse.

#5409 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

Audition - 1/5 - Made very little sense, and the shock factor was rather dull. Largely forgettable performances, as well.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#5410 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

Seven Psychopaths. I thought it was pretty good.

I really liked the first half or so of it. I really wanted to love the movie (reminded me of Snatch, one of my favorite movies ever), but I thought it was weak after the reveal.

elessar123.png

#5411 mkultra

mkultra

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

Audition - 1/5 - Made very little sense, and the shock factor was rather dull. Largely forgettable performances, as well.

Yeah, I have no idea how that movie even gets mentioned in best horror movie lists. It's not scary, nothing is really going on. It's dragged out.

#5412 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

Fargo.

First time ive watched it since it first came out. Reaction is the same as then, very good movie but overhyped by a lot of folks

#5413 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

Alice in Wonderland was dark?

For a PG rated film, yes it was a pretty dark film. Especially when compared to Oz...and almost any other PG rated film since there has been a PG-13 rating.

#5414 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Day two of the movie festival.
Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence- This is sort of a little mini dream come true to me. Never thought I'd see this on the silver screen. Happy I did. The movie is about British soldiers being detained by the Japanese in 1942. It shows a clash of different cultures and how they try to function in this current situation. And hey David Bowie is in the film. Always have been a fan of the main theme which sounds great outside the movie as well as when it is sparingly used for specific scenes in the movie.

#5415 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Audition works on the basis of misdirection. Starts off as a potential romantic comedy. Ends up somewhere completely different. There are a bunch of ways to do horror. For example, Silence of the Lambs isn't scary either, but it's still a great horror film.

Rather than going for scares this went for being disturbing. It works especially well considering the initial romance overtones of the first half of the film. If you can't deal with that setup, you'll hate the rest of the film. Watch it with your parents or someone who doesn't usually watch horror and see how the film affects them. In randomly showing it to people when I first came upon it, a lot of people had really bad reactions to watching how the story turned out.

Edited by HeroToTheMasses, 17 March 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#5416 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone was good if you like Steve Carrell. Think this was funnier from him than a chunk of his other movies. But the movie is pretty much what you would expect it to be. Trust your instincts with this movie.

#5417 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Sat down and watched two movies:
Queen of Versailles, as recommended by CheapyD last month. I thought it would be something like you would be forced to feel sorry for the 1% or something, but I pity them. That husband really does have problems in expressing his emotions. I was also really shocked at the dog poop all around the house, jeez toilet train why don't ya? The oldest was a lazy prick, at least the 12/14 year old was shaping up.

Men in Black 3- I actually liked it, minus most of the action sequences. The relationship between the two leads could've been worked on a little more, but I thought it was fine. Jemaine Clement was the highlight, and I felt sad that Emma Thompson was underutilized.

Batsugunner.png

#5418 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

Sat down and watched two movies:
Queen of Versailles, as recommended by CheapyD last month. I thought it would be something like you would be forced to feel sorry for the 1% or something, but I pity them. That husband really does have problems in expressing his emotions. I was also really shocked at the dog poop all around the house, jeez toilet train why don't ya? The oldest was a lazy prick, at least the 12/14 year old was shaping up.

Men in Black 3- I actually liked it, minus most of the action sequences. The relationship between the two leads could've been worked on a little more, but I thought it was fine. Jemaine Clement was the highlight, and I felt sad that Emma Thompson was underutilized.

The dog shit is because they have nannies and housekeepers for everything. Why train them? I remember that happening on the Osbournes in their mansion all the time. They treat pets like toys.

I did feel bad for them though. I just read that they resumed construction on the house last month.

#5419 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

Moonrise Kingdom-4/5
Really liked it, felt very Wes Anderson-ish. Got a bit weird in the middle, but otherwise I really enjoyed it:D would recommend to people that like weird of tilter stuff like Submarine and Fantastic Mr Fox

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#5420 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

Safety Not Guaranteed was really good. Don't know about the ending though.

#5421 J7.

J7.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

A Simple Plan - 4/5 Solid movie and performances.

#5422 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

Wreck It Ralph.

Really enjoyed it.

#5423 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

Tropic Thunder was alright.

Posted Image

#5424 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

No it wasn't.

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#5425 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Welcome to the Punch

Quite enjoyed it

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#5426 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

After having seen Hot Fuzz a billion times, I finally watched Shaun of the Dead.

Would probably have liked it more if I didn't hate every single character.

Posted Image

#5427 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

No you wouldn't.

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#5428 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

Okay.

Posted Image

#5429 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

Silent Hill: Revelation - I don't think it was nearly as bad as every site made it out to be, but it wasn't all that great either.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5430 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

Almost 2 weeks worth of films:

03.06.13: Dracula: 8.5
03.07.13: Notorious: 9.2
03.08.13: The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance: 8.9
03.09.13: Parade: 8.4