Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7906 replies to this topic

#5461 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Agreed. The ending completely ruined the movie for me.

I was impressed with Elizabeth Olsen though. Didn't realize she was related to the Olsen twins at first since she doesn't look like a gremlin.

Elizabeth Olsen has been pretty great, have you watch Martha Marcy May Marlene yet? Plus, she's gonna be in Gareth Edwards' new Godzilla movie. Yes.

#5462 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Elizabeth Olsen has been pretty great, have you watch Martha Marcy May Marlene yet? Plus, she's gonna be in Gareth Edwards' new Godzilla movie. Yes.

Haven't seen that yet but I'll look into it.

And I heard about her being in Godzilla. Good choice.

I'm excited for that movie, but there are some things I've read about it that have made me less excited. Like it seems pretty much confirmed Godzilla won't be fighting another monster in the movie. Such a shame, that would be awesome. I'm really hoping it doesn't turn out to be the Godzilla story that's been told a million times before already.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5463 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Wild Bill
The Fly

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#5464 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Haven't seen that yet but I'll look into it.

And I heard about her being in Godzilla. Good choice.

I'm excited for that movie, but there are some things I've read about it that have made me less excited. Like it seems pretty much confirmed Godzilla won't be fighting another monster in the movie. Such a shame, that would be awesome. I'm really hoping it doesn't turn out to be the Godzilla story that's been told a million times before already.

I am very excited, as Edwards knows how to make a lot using only a little. If you haven't watched Monsters, you should definitely give it a chance. It has it's problems, but for how big the scope was and how tiny the crew was, they really put into perspective just how much you can do for such a small price. I do think the new Godzilla film will be more focused on the human element, but will still have enough of Godzilla at least to satisfy. As for other monsters, we will see. They just started filming.

#5465 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

I am very excited, as Edwards knows how to make a lot using only a little. If you haven't watched Monsters, you should definitely give it a chance. It has it's problems, but for how big the scope was and how tiny the crew was, they really put into perspective just how much you can do for such a small price. I do think the new Godzilla film will be more focused on the human element, but will still have enough of Godzilla at least to satisfy. As for other monsters, we will see. They just started filming.

I remember reading an interview where he said he didn't get the appeal of Godzilla fighting other monsters or something along those lines. It was disappointing to read.

Also I don't want to see the humans. I watch a Godzilla movie to see Godzilla.

I'm really worried the story is just going to be something attacks>what is it?>they name it Godzilla>he attacks some more>they're either dumb and kill him at the end or they just scare him away somehow.

I want the movie to be something great, but I'll probably be disappointed.

#5466 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

Elizabeth Olsen has been pretty great, have you watch Martha Marcy May Marlene yet?.

She was awesome in that. I'm curious to what your take of the ending is. (Or anyone else's opinion was has seen it) spoiler tag it.

#5467 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

watched a beautiful mind with my wife last night. love that movie, and it was her first time seeing it and she enjoyed it too.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#5468 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Rewatched The Dark Knight Rises. And I have to say that I found the film even less appealing than when I first saw it. It just seems that nothing gels together. They're odd shifts in tone and temperance when there shouldn't be and dialogue is pretty constrained and forced at times, mostly any scene involving Alfred and Blake. I can safely say that Batman Begins and TDK are the high points of Nolan's trilogy.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#5469 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Rewatched The Dark Knight Rises. And I have to say that I found the film even less appealing than when I first saw it. It just seems that nothing gels together. They're odd shifts in tone and temperance when there shouldn't be and dialogue is pretty constrained and forced at times, mostly any scene involving Alfred and Blake. I can safely say that Batman Begins and TDK are the high points of Nolan's trilogy.

I think Nolan aimed for too large a scale in DKR. I still think it's good but flawed.

#5470 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

So I watched Nitro Circus and had never heard of them before. Not as enjoyable as I was hoping, but still somewhat entertaining. It's basically Jackass if Jackass was run by more responsible people who were trained in stunts they perform. They actually have Johnny Knoxville talking about them for a little bit and one of the guys behind the camera (forget his name). They basically summed it up nicely: Jackass has stunts that are designed to fail, whereas Nitro Circus has stunts that can't fail...because they may result in death.

Mostly bike/tricycle/boat type stunts, and I enjoy seeing them mess up. But nowhere near the personality or humor that Jackass has.

#5471 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

It's funny cause Nitro Circus is more of the Jack-ass stunt stuff while Loiter Squad is more of the Jack-ass comedy bit stuff.

#5472 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

I'd say the Jackass crew is pretty responsible and pretty well-trained in buttchugging and bonging farts.
Posted Image

#5473 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

That's weird. If I were you I would rent it instead. Not sure I'd watch it again.

I just really dig dystopia. That and I was hopeful it would show up on one of the movie channels I get, but never did.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#5474 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

I'd say the Jackass crew is pretty responsible and pretty well-trained in buttchugging and bonging farts.

If you want to see a group less trained in pretty horrendous stuff, check out the unrated version of the Dirty Sanchez movie. SFW, I PROMISE.

#5475 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

Saw Admission. It sucked.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#5476 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

Take Me Home Tonight - Quite the charming chick-flick. I enjoyed it.

Argo - Pretty close to a perfect film. It has all the elements needed to keep you entertained for 2 hours. Fantastic movie.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5477 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

Argo - Pretty close to a perfect film. It has all the elements needed to keep you entertained for 2 hours. Fantastic movie.

Kid, I like ya but no.

#5478 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

Kid, I like ya but no.

I'm assuming you're referring to Take Me Home Tonight considering Argo is pretty much universally acclaimed? I realize it's not the best movie, but I went into it with incredibly low expectations, so anything above the worst was a plus.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5479 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

Nah, I was talking argo.

#5480 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

What's wrong with Argo?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5481 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Its well made, but the story is extremely straightfoward and there wasn't enough tension/supsense for me to be on the edge of my seat.

#5482 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

I agree with you there, but I don't necessarily think that takes anything away from the movie.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5483 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

Take Me Home Tonight is a chick flick?

#5484 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, I was under the impression it was a raunchy (somewhat) comedy with a cliched love story buried somewhere in there.
Posted Image

#5485 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

Yeah, I was under the impression it was a raunchy (somewhat) comedy with a cliched love story buried somewhere in there.

It is.

#5486 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

Looked like a chick flick to me when it came out

#5487 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

Take Me Home Tonight is a chick flick?

Looked like a chick flick to me when it came out

Chick-flick was pushing it. I was tired and didn't feel like describing it in detail. I'd put in more along the lines of a regular comedy, but the love story does become the primary focus of it pretty early on. It's the standard story of the guy trying to get the girl when it's all said and done.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5488 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

Finally saw Looper, and I was pleased with it, as long as you don't give a Fuck about the premise about the assassins, which frankly was pretty stupid as human have been finding ways of disposing bodies for thousand of years without time travel.

Batsugunner.png

#5489 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Finally saw Looper, and I was pleased with it, as long as you don't give a Fuck about the premise about the assassins, which frankly was pretty stupid as human have been finding ways of disposing bodies for thousand of years without time travel.

They said it was very difficult to dispose of bodies and coverup mob hits in the future.

#5490 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

But it's easier to have a freakin' time machine, not mention the Rainmaker's reign of terror?

Batsugunner.png