Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
8058 replies to this topic

#5551 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

The Campaign. Every bit as awful as I was expecting and didn't even finish it. Will Ferrel needs to just do serious films because he's much better in those.

I didn't think it was terrible. Pretty forgettable though.

#5552 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

The Campaign. Every bit as awful as I was expecting and didn't even finish it. Will Ferrel needs to just do serious films because he's much better in those.

Sure. But first Anchorman 2. Which comes out this year.

#5553 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

I saw Dredd. It was fine but the hyperviolent stuff was freaky and the movie would've been better without it.

#5554 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

Django Unchained

"Cora, say goodbye to Miss Lara"

What a great damn movie.

#5555 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Lawless.

Actually pretty decent.

#5556 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Silver Linings Playbook

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#5557 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

True Romance.

Tarantino with the Tony Scott directing. Fun and certainly a highlight in the dim lighted career that is of Christian Slater.

#5558 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Lords of Salem - Extremely fucking weird. It's like watching a Rob Zombie music video with random scenes and imagery that make pretty much no sense. That said, I did enjoy it, it's a fun watch that will leave you saying WTF a ton.

#5559 Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Dredd;
was pretty tight
Why save the world, when everything in it is falling apart?
:applause:

#5560 luvmysegadc

luvmysegadc

All CAGs hail Hypnotoad!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

Attack the Block

What an entertaining slice of British scifi horror

#5561 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

Attack the Block

What an entertaining slice of British scifi horror

Great movie!

I need to do some Spring cleaning on my backlog.

#5562 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

Django Unchained

"Cora, say goodbye to Miss Lara"

What a great damn movie.

Just watched it for the 2nd time. Definitely a great one. I'd put it as my 2nd favorite Tarantino directed flick after Pulp Fiction.

#5563 Lieutenant Dan

Lieutenant Dan

Ice Cream!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

Lincoln was good. Not insanely so, but good.

That reminds me... I always like to look up historical accuracy with movies like that. Need to do it for this one.

#5564 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

There were some reported inaccuracies in Lincoln with mistakes in which state reps coted yay or nay.

Killing Them Softly.

I liked it a lot. Really good performance from Brad Pitt.

#5565 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

Spoiler

I really liked the movie though. Out of all the comic book movies from last year this was easily the best one IMO.

Spoiler

I enjoyed Dredd quite a bit as well. Wasn't really sure what to think of it when it was first announced, but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Also, I thought this thread was about "Movies that Surprisingly DIDN'T suck"? There seems to be quite a few movies that DO suck in here. To that end, I haven't really seen a movie that fits that description lately.
Fight for the Lost

#5566 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:38 AM

"The last movie you saw" is a long-running thread series. Whoever made this one was just very uncreative and reused the title of the last one. Before that it was, "They're coming to get the last movie you saw, Barbara!", and before that it was something else entirely. The "didn't suck" part has never been relevant.

EDIT: In fact, if you look at the first page, you can see people complaining about the thread title.

Posted Image

#5567 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

Oblivion was so disappointing because it had all the right elements of an epic except the script. It's pretty good up to about halfway, with the premise being interesting in its own right and the visuals/Cruise carrying the film. Sadly, the twist is shockingly paper thin and can be guessed within the first ten minutes of the film (especially if you've already seen the movie
Spoiler
). I would still say give it a view for being a quality sci-fi flick (not overly flashy or unbelievable), which tend to be rare these days.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#5568 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Saw Oz tonight with my gf. Was not impressed. The visuals were great but Franco was annoying and Kunis didn't help much. Plus the story felt like a hot mess for a while.

#5569 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

I saw Dredd. It was fine but the hyperviolent stuff was freaky and the movie would've been better without it.

....are you fucking serious? It wouldn't even be Dredd without violence.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#5570 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

Saw Oz tonight with my gf. Was not impressed. The visuals were great but Franco was annoying and Kunis didn't help much. Plus the story felt like a hot mess for a while.

I totally agree. Kunick was a wooden plank through the movie. I got my wife to see it with me then we went to the theater to see the show Wicked two weeks later. Wicked destroyed it.

Edited by WormFOODx, 21 April 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#5571 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

A History of Violence was pretty good. Viggo Mortensen's face is weird.

Posted Image

#5572 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

A History of Violence is one of the few examples of a movie outperforming the graphic novel. Speaking of Viggo, what in the hell happened to that guy? I haven't seen him in anything since Eastern Promises (which everyone should see as soon as possible).
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#5573 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

Last thing I remember him being in was The Road.

Posted Image

#5574 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

The Amazing Spiderman was good. Felt a bit long and somewhat melodramatic, but still faithful to the source (or at least what I remember from reading the comics).

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#5575 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

^ I must be the only one who thinks it isn't good or close to the source material.

#5576 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

I wasn't a big fan of Amazing Spider-Man. I don't get the praise it gets. Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 and both better acted and developed films. Maybe the sequel will be better, but I wouldn't bank on it with Dr. Manhattan/Mr. Freeze Jamie Foxx.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#5577 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

I'm not a fan of Spiderman period, so to me each take on the franchise were equally ok. I did feel like this was more of a teenage angst movie though lol.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#5578 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

Evil Dead really hit the spot, I must say. I also watched Sinister last and thoroughly enjoyed that as well.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5579 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

I'm not a fan of Spiderman period, so to me each take on the franchise were equally ok. I did feel like this was more of a teenage angst movie though lol.

Everybody says its inspired/based on ultimate spiderman, but that isn't angsty at all.

#5580 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Evil Dead really hit the spot, I must say. I also watched Sinister last and thoroughly enjoyed that as well.

Watched that yesterday, I really enjoyed the Evil Dead, hope theres an unrated version out as I felt the movie was pretty tame compared to the first red band trailer I saw.

So is Sinister worth checking out then? I watched the Possession, while not scary it was well acted for me, also has anypne seen v/h/s?

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif