• Please log in to reply
7299 replies to this topic

#5581 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Sinister is fantastic.

V/H/S is worth a watch. It's for the most part a bunch of short horror stories. Some are good, some are not.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5582 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Sinister is fantastic.

V/H/S is worth a watch. It's for the most part a bunch of short horror stories. Some are good, some are not.

Wow that was fast ;) thanks for the reply, I think I'll check out both of them, I used to be a big horror buff as a kid strangely but haven't really followed the genre too much recently. I know v/h/s is an anthology movie so some good and some bad but I just don't trust imdb opinions since there's too many trolls over there.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5583 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Sinister and V/H/S are definitely good and worth watching.

#5584 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Drive

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#5585 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

Django Unchained was good. One of Tarantino's best.

Posted Image

#5586 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:49 AM

Dredd is fucking awesome.

#5587 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Watched that yesterday, I really enjoyed the Evil Dead, hope theres an unrated version out as I felt the movie was pretty tame compared to the first red band trailer I saw.

So is Sinister worth checking out then? I watched the Possession, while not scary it was well acted for me, also has anypne seen v/h/s?

Sinister is probably the best horror film I've seen in the past few years. It had a solid plot, some creepy moments, and a disturbing ending that you most likely won't see coming.

V/H/S really shocked me with how entertaining it was. It may not be the best movie, but it's intriguing and it'll leave you wanting more. Luckily the sequel comes out in a couple months. I really loved the format of it and enjoyed it thoroughly.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5588 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

The Place Beyond the Pines

Very good, some dragging moments in the third act but I loved it.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#5589 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

Jurassic Park 3D was not worth it. Still a great movie, 3D is still a waste of money.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#5590 jsmc

jsmc

You're killin' me Smalls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

Rented TED on Apple TV this past week. I don't know what I was expecting to be honest, but didn't really enjoy it.

Also saw Running Man for the first time recently. (Yes, I know, I've been living in a cave). Anyway, it is now one of my FAVORITE 80's movies!

#5591 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

John Carter was better than Avatar. Yeah, I said it. Really enjoyed the imagination of this flick, even if it felt familiar in a sci-fi sort of way. Not the greatest story in the world, with a surprise twist at the end but it did manage to hold my attention throughout. More than I can say for Avatar which was all show and no go.

#5592 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

I'd probably watch John Carter again over Avatar again.

#5593 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

Finally saw Hunger Games, meh, it was a 5/10 at best.

#5594 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

Pain and Gain was strange and somewhat depressing. We just decided to go see it on a whim and I had no idea what it was about -- just thought it would be a funny movie like The Other Guys. So the whole thing was pretty unexpected.

Not sure how accurate the story is to what really happened, I assume significant changes were made to make it more interesting, but with the movie being a comedy and the source material for the story... it was just weird.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#5595 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

Pain and Gain was strange and somewhat depressing. We just decided to go see it on a whim and I had no idea what it was about -- just thought it would be a funny movie like The Other Guys. So the whole thing was pretty unexpected.

Not sure how accurate the story is to what really happened, I assume significant changes were made to make it more interesting, but with the movie being a comedy and the source material for the story... it was just weird.

I have to agree with you 100%. Pain & Gain is NOTHING like the trailers made it out to be. I was interested based off trailers alone. I read no critics reviews or anything of that sort because I knew it'd make me second guess spending cash on it and I'm a big Dwayne Johnson fan so I knew I had to see it in theatres.

I was surprised to say the least, and without spoiliing anything, the movie kept getting weirder and weirder to the point I kept saying "It can't be heading in this direction" or "No way" to my bro who went to check it out with me.

I'm not saying it was a bad movie because I thought it was pretty good and I'm not among Michael Bay's biggest fans, but it's definitely not a pure comedy like The Other Guys. I feel bad because their were children in my showing.

#5596 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Watched The Last Stand, was a big Arnie fan back in the day. This was a silly film, there were so many holes of logic in the film, we just treated t as a comedy to be entertained.

Plus luiz guzman (sp?) made me laugh since he kept on reminding me of community.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5597 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

I wish my school had a Luis Guzman statue.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#5598 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Finally saw Hunger Games, meh, it was a 5/10 at best.

The premise is just so preposterous that I couldn't take it seriously at all. It was like The Most Dangerous Game meets Survivor. Totally absurd.

#5599 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

The premise is just so preposterous that I couldn't take it seriously at all. It was like The Most Dangerous Game meets Survivor. Totally absurd.

Perhaps Battle Royale would be a better fit for you. Probably not. It's more crazy and absurd. Kind of its charm though.

#5600 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Not that I expected them to suck, but I watched Django Unchained and The Hobbit recently and loved them both, Django more so.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5601 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Prometheus

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#5602 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

Not that I expected them to suck, but I watched Django Unchained and The Hobbit recently and loved them both, Django more so.

Liked Django, thought the hobbit was a tad overrated, good but not great.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5603 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

Liked Django, thought the hobbit was a tad overrated, good but not great.

Yeah, I would agree. 'Loved it' was a bit of a stretch. The last 45 minutes or so were pretty great though and I did love the ending.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5604 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

My Idiot Brother - 2/10

Horrible. Thought it would be good considering the cast.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#5605 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

A couple terrible chick flicks with the girlfriend.

LOL
What to Expect When You're Expecting

#5606 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

A guy I work with earlier was, I'm not joking, comparing Oblivion to Blade Runner.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#5607 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

A guy I work with earlier was, I'm not joking, comparing Oblivion to Blade Runner.

I would have petitioned to get him suspended without pay.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#5608 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

If anything Total Recall has more in common with Blade Runner than Oblivion.

#5609 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

I guess you're bringing it up since you consider Oblivion bad and Blade Runner the second coming of Jesus?

I wasn't particularly impressed with either personally. I can kinda see why he's comparing the two though.

#5610 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

Honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of Blade Runner either, but I can certainly appreciate the aesthetics of it.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!