Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7860 replies to this topic

#5641 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

I legitimately was excited to see it. Not my fault it turned out to be terrible.

It was forced, pointless, came up at random times and added absolutely nothing to the movie.

In your seemingly unpopular opinion. I didn't see a problem with that aspect of the movie whatsoever and while it didn't necessarily add a whole lot to the movie, I don't think it took away anything either.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5642 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

I legitimately was excited to see it. Not my fault it turned out to be terrible.

It was forced, pointless, came up at random times and added absolutely nothing to the movie.

You're in the vast minority but still entitled your opinion.

#5643 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

I loved the first Iron Man and hated the second (drunk Iron Man, wtf?). Which is the 3rd one most like?

Loved the second cause it was going into Tonys dark place. His personal demons is drinking and was huge in the comics. Looks like Disney wants no part of it though as I read in an article.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#5644 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

I loved the first Iron Man and hated the second (drunk Iron Man, wtf?). Which is the 3rd one most like?

http://en.wikipedia....mon_in_a_Bottle

That was one of the more accurate parts of the 2nd movie.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#5645 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

People go to war each and every day and it doesn't affect them at the time, but when you attempt to live a normal life after such a life-altering event, it effects you in ways you wouldn't imagine. Ever heard of PTSD? That's likely what Tony was suffering from, despite brushing it off when asked.

It seems like you're trying to find reasons to hate this movie.

Too bad The Avengers didn't portray the invasion as something capable of causing PTSD.

#5646 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

http://en.wikipedia....mon_in_a_Bottle

That was one of the more accurate parts of the 2nd movie.

That's fine, doesn't mean it didn't look silly to me to see Iron Man stumbling around at a party.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#5647 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Too bad The Avengers didn't portray the invasion as something capable of causing PTSD.

Again, we only saw them reacting during the course of the invasion. It's called POST traumatic stress disorder for a reason. The effects of the disorder happen well after the events that occurred leading up to it. You don't think fighting off hundreds of monsters, flying through a giant wormhole in the sky with the intention to sacrifice your life to save humanity and ultimately nearly dying is something worst stressing over once it's all said and done? It doesn't matter how the movie portrayed it, it can still happen.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5648 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

In your seemingly unpopular opinion.

This is never a good point to fall back on.

#5649 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

I saw it, I loved it. I think I may have even liked it.more than The Avengers but I was never one of those people that Avengers was a perfect movie (or even the best movie to come out last year...).

#5650 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

This is never a good point to fall back on.

I wasn't holding on to that point. I was simply reiterating the fact that what he was arguing was in his opinion, which happened to be largely unpopular.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5651 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

It seems like you're trying to find reasons to hate this movie.

Oh trust me, it offers plenty to hate it for but you can't hate on Downey Jr. for a terrible script.

#5652 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

Again, we only saw them reacting during the course of the invasion. It's called POST traumatic stress disorder for a reason. The effects of the disorder happen well after the events that occurred leading up to it. You don't think fighting off hundreds of monsters, flying through a giant wormhole in the sky with the intention to sacrifice your life to save humanity and ultimately nearly dying is something worst stressing over once it's all said and done? It doesn't matter how the movie portrayed it, it can still happen.

Honestly, no. He didn't seem that shocked by it after he fell back down. He was just like "let's go eat."

If any of the characters would have some sort of psychological issues it would obviously be Capt America. Everyone he knew is dead and everything in the world is completely different.

But instead, Tony Stark has his issues forced in at times for no reason, like
Spoiler

Edited by whoknows, 04 May 2013 - 02:43 AM.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5653 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

I thought IM3 was good, but I'm still waiting for an IM movie to blow me away like X-Men 2 and Spiderman 2 did, they along with The Avengers are the pinnacle of comic book movies. The action sequences in this one just aren't that good, they're rather boring actually. The end scene was ok, but I compare it to the lame end fight of the first one more than the second (which was awesome).

I absolutely fucking HATED what they did with The Mandarin.
Spoiler

#5654 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

I think it does matter how it was portrayed. The avengers took the scenario extremely lighthearted and then for ironman 3 to take it seriously, it doesn't mesh well.

#5655 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

I think it does matter how it was portrayed. The avengers took the scenario extremely lighthearted and then for ironman 3 to take it seriously, it doesn't mesh well.

Agree to disagree, I guess. How you react when something is happening doesn't always coincide with how you react when you've had time to reflect upon it. Sometimes people make brash decisions in the heat of the moment.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5656 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

I thought it was decent.

I buy the whole anxiety thing, although the movie could have lived without it. Seriously, if they didn't include that stuff at it it would still be the same film. Seems like it was more of an attempt to be "look, he's affected by the stuff that happened in The Avengers, it's all connected!"

Spoiler

#5657 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

I buy the whole anxiety thing, although the movie could have lived without it.

I don't think Hollywood understands this yet but people going to see superhero movies want to see *gasp* superheroes. We don't want to be reminded about real life ailments or things that pull us back down to earth. We're there to escape reality, same as videogames and the anxiety thing was an unnecessary, stupid concept.

And if it really needed to be there, then it could have been way more subtle. Pretty sure when people have anxiety attacks, they don't start commentating what's happening to them. FFS who wrote that shitty script; I want to shoot them lol.

#5658 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

Agree to disagree, I guess. How you react when something is happening doesn't always coincide with how you react when you've had time to reflect upon it. Sometimes people make brash decisions in the heat of the moment.

On paper I don't mind the idea, I just have a problem with consistency between movies.

I don't think Hollywood understands this yet but people going to see superhero movies want to see *gasp* superheroes. We don't want to be reminded about real life ailments or things that pull us back down to earth. We're there to escape reality, same as videogames and the anxiety thing was an unnecessary, stupid concept.

And if it really needed to be there, then it could have been way more subtle. Pretty sure when people have anxiety attacks, they don't start commentating what's happening to them. FFS who wrote that shitty script; I want to shoot them lol.

I'm pretty sure people complain when superheroes aren't down to earth enough or relatable.

#5659 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

I wouldn't go that far.

Comics have their deep themes and moral issues and what else just as well as any other medium and aren't all just "OMG SUPERHEROS!"

The anxiety was unnecessary because it wasn't well realized/written. Like I said, it would be the same film if all three of those scenes were cut out and they should have been cut for that reason, not because the audience (supposedly?) doesn't want to deal it.

#5660 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Watched iron man 3, a typical Shane black film. Needless to say it was entertaining. I'd give it an 8.5, though I agree the anxiety scenes if taken out wouldn't affect the film much at all.

They were deleted scenes material. Also the mandarin twist, while insulting to his fans did get a chuckle out of me.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5661 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

Just re-watched Avengers before seeing IM3 tomorrow. The summation that Stark has panic attacks after "being fine" with what he dealt with in Avengers is laughable. The aliens and otherworld danger appears in the last 20 mins of the movie, meaning the last thing he deals with, and obviously at the moment he's going to react. It's perfectly normal to ponder the change in threats to his world after the fact.

As he says in Avengers as it's all happening, "seeing, still working on believing."

#5662 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:03 AM

I don't know whether to love or hate Looper. The film is brilliant in a 12 Monkeys/Memento sort of way, but up until the final 30 minutes when you're finally clued in on what's going on there's not a whole lot of substance. The payoff is so good I just wish the movie didn't hang for so long halfway through. It's hard to explain without spoiling anything so I'll just say that even after most everything is revealed or you figure things out for yourself, the connection still can't be made until the end.

And personally I can't figure out if the movie was just too smart for me or if the plot was really just that weak the whole time.

#5663 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

^ I loved Looper. One of my favorites.

A couple movies I've seen lately...Beautiful Creatures. Saw it a couple months ago I think and just thought to mention it. I like it.

Also The Hole on Netflix. It's still not fantastic or anything but it was better than I thought it'd be. Mostly I think it's just because Haley Bennett is in it. Pretty sure I'm just a sucker for kinda maybe sort of bad movies with ridiculously attractive women.

Edited by ShockandAww, 05 May 2013 - 04:52 AM.

#5664 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

just re-watched avengers before seeing im3 tomorrow. The summation that stark has panic attacks after "being fine" with what he dealt with in avengers is laughable. The aliens and otherworld danger appears in the last 20 mins of the movie, meaning the last thing he deals with, and obviously at the moment he's going to react. It's perfectly normal to ponder the change in threats to his world after the fact.

As he says in avengers as it's all happening, "seeing, still working on believing."

THANK YOU. Finally.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5665 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

But thats Marvels thing. DC has the godlike heroes we aspire to be, Marvel has the ones that share our faults and make them more relatable. I personally prefer DC, but this is usually one of the reasons given as to why people love Marvel.

#5666 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

I don't know whether to love or hate Looper. The film is brilliant in a 12 Monkeys/Memento sort of way, but up until the final 30 minutes when you're finally clued in on what's going on there's not a whole lot of substance. The payoff is so good I just wish the movie didn't hang for so long halfway through. It's hard to explain without spoiling anything so I'll just say that even after most everything is revealed or you figure things out for yourself, the connection still can't be made until the end.

And personally I can't figure out if the movie was just too smart for me or if the plot was really just that weak the whole time.

I loved looper personally. I remember in the theater I was at some people left when Bruce Willis does a certain tabooish thing. That sealed the deal for them disliking the film I think.

Also in iron man 3 when Tony is investigating the crime scene did anyone else wish that batman did more detective like stuff in the Nolan films? He killed the detective aspect of him for me.

Edit** Also watched Parker. Lackluster even for Jason Statham standards. Though I guess it didn't hurt the eyes to see Jennifer Lopez on screen again, that woman does look good for her age.

Edited by ClydeShebang, 05 May 2013 - 12:14 PM.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5667 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

THANK YOU. Finally.

The suit is not charging! No, you don't understand, the suit is NOT CHARGING! Oh god. I gotta go to Lowe's.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5668 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

The suit is not charging! No, you don't understand, the suit is NOT CHARGING! Oh god. I gotta go to Lowe's.

I'd take you a lot more seriously if you had any other actor as your avatar.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5669 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

But thats Marvels thing. DC has the godlike heroes we aspire to be, Marvel has the ones that share our faults and make them more relatable. I personally prefer DC, but this is usually one of the reasons given as to why people love Marvel.

Actually I was more referring to the fact that the third Batman movie also has some of the same issues that made it unenjoyable for me. I just want to see my favorite superheroes having fun, using their gadgets, and doing their thing. And let us not forget how garbage Spiderman 3 was with the whole emo thing. I guess the third superhero film in a trilogy is doomed to be bad. : \

#5670 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Sinister-Pretty terrible and overly cliche by relying on nothing but jump scares to build tension
Spoiler