Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7890 replies to this topic

#5671 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

I'd take you a lot more seriously if you had any other actor as your avatar.

The PTSD from bad nic cage movies hasn't kicked in yet.

#5672 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

Ok so I saw Iron Man. The last thing I would pick apart is his panic attacks. There's definitely more glaring drawbacks.

#5673 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Finally saw the Evil Dead. Wow Bruce Campbell looked so young! Moody and atmospheric, Raimi and company did a really great job on their piddling budget. I guess a lot more money was spent in making this movie presentable.

Batsugunner.png

#5674 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

The PTSD from bad nic cage movies hasn't kicked in yet.

Its not possible to get PTSD from that. There are no bad Nicolas Cage movies.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5675 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

My favorite's the one where he's a Secret Service agent in the service of a former First Lady.

Batsugunner.png

#5676 J7.

J7.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

The Informers - 4.25/5
solid cast with very good performances, unique story, does most everything right. Wish it did not end so soon and went in more depth for some characters. Makes me feel better about my own life after seeing some of the lives within the film.

Written by same author of American Psycho, it is quite similar to that movie, yet different enough to stand all on it's own. Going to look for more of his work after these films, probably going to check out Less Than Zero.

#5677 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

My favorite's the one where he's a Secret Service agent in the service of a former First Lady.

I could never pick just one favorite, but I do really like City of Angels since his character in that is an angel and he truly is one.

#5678 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

The Informers - 4.25/5
solid cast with very good performances, unique story, does most everything right. Wish it did not end so soon and went in more depth for some characters. Makes me feel better about my own life after seeing some of the lives within the film.

Written by same author of American Psycho, it is quite similar to that movie, yet different enough to stand all on it's own. Going to look for more of his work after these films, probably going to check out Less Than Zero.

Less Than Zero is solid. Spader is awesome in it.

#5679 J7.

J7.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

Less Than Zero is solid. Spader is awesome in it.

Cool, it will be interesting to watch that one since it was made so much earlier.

#5680 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Finally saw the Evil Dead. Wow Bruce Campbell looked so young! Moody and atmospheric, Raimi and company did a really great job on their piddling budget. I guess a lot more money was spent in making this movie presentable.

Watch Evil Dead 2 next. My favorite horror movie.

#5681 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

Watch Evil Dead 2 next. My favorite horror movie.

I watched all 3 a few weeks ago, I just couldn't take them seriously, though I appreciate the intentions of the films for when they were released. I enjoyed army of darkness the most.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5682 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

The Imposter

Part of me was hoping this would turn into a horror mockumentary film (as I had never heard of this true life case before), but that hope drowned out once I saw the A&E symbol at the beginning. Not bad though and really interesting to see how everything played out, especially since a good chunk of it is from the guy behind it all.

Also, tried watching the mockumentary "Monster". Ended up fast forwarding through almost all of it unless I saw something that looked like the monster. Pretty awful from what I did watch with bad acting and the "footage" was constantly breaking up because of how "damaged" the film was. You see tentacles in a couple scenes, but mostly just the sound of the monster in the background. Disappointing.

#5683 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

The imposter was intriguing to say the least. What were your opinions on the family, the conspiracy at the end I mean?

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5684 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

The imposter was intriguing to say the least. What were your opinions on the family, the conspiracy at the end I mean?

Spoiler

#5685 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5686 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Iron Man
Iron Man 2

Now just need to rewatch The Avengers and my girlfriend and I will be set to see Iron Man 3--wanted to rewatch those and let first week crowd die down.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#5687 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

Star Trek Into Darkness

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#5688 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

apparently star trek into darkness is positively received by critics. i was surprised lol

#5689 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

apparently star trek into darkness is positively received by critics. i was surprised lol

Why surprised? The last one was great.

#5690 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

The new Star Trek looks awesome and the last was awesome, this should be a surprise to no one.

#5691 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

The Star Trek reboot film was a hodgepodge of plot holes and fast-and-loose pacing. It succeeded because of some decent characterization and surprisingly strong performances. It was entertaining in spite of its various shortcomings. One of my personal complaints for it was the weak portrayal of the forgettable villain. But then, the movie wasn't "about" him, so its understandable that a lackluster villain wouldn't spoil the experience.

I am hopeful for the sequel. The previews demonstrate that the villain in this one is going to have a really great voice.

#5692 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Star Trek was pretty good, but since seeing it in theaters I've never sat down to view it again. In fact, I've seen the older films more times since then than the reboot. It's just not what I'd consider a classic I guess.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#5693 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

Monster (the one with Charlize Theron).

Still a great movie. Terrible Bluray though--bad picture quality and the audio is a second or more out of sync.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#5694 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

The Place Beyond the Pines. Loved it. Very different in tone from the trailers. Ryan Gosling needs to try out some new roles. The brooding, disenfranchised white male is getting kind of old. Highly recommend.

#5695 J7.

J7.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

Monster (the one with Charlize Theron).

Still a great movie. Terrible Bluray though--bad picture quality and the audio is a second or more out of sync.

Great movie. Amazing performance by Charlize Theron, so spot on it's almost scary. If you haven't seen the real life documentary footage, it's sometimes on the history type channels, and is also very interesting.

#5696 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

The Place Beyond the Pines. Loved it. Very different in tone from the trailers. Ryan Gosling needs to try out some new roles. The brooding, disenfranchised white male is getting kind of old. Highly recommend.

Crazy stupid love was different enough for him. I'm gonna check this out for sure, been following it for a while.

As for gosling I think he just sticks to his strengths, the brooding type you mentioned. Check out Lars and the real girl, that's definitely not a brooding gosling there.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5697 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

Finally watched the Total Recall remake.

I choose Kate Beckinsale.

That's about it.

#5698 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Crazy stupid love was different enough for him. I'm gonna check this out for sure, been following it for a while.

As for gosling I think he just sticks to his strengths, the brooding type you mentioned. Check out Lars and the real girl, that's definitely not a brooding gosling there.

Lars and the real girl is one of gosling's best performances. He is one of my favorite actors hence why I wish he would take on different roles and challenge himself.

#5699 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Lars and the real girl is one of gosling's best performances. He is one of my favorite actors hence why I wish he would take on different roles and challenge himself.

I agree with you there. Have you seen Stay? Saw that when it was tv a few weeks ago, curious what you think of it if you have.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5700 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

Last Action Hero

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie