Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7747 replies to this topic

#5881 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

What is Adams portrayal of Lois,like? Im fond of the determined sometimes brash and thickheaded Lois, but the trailer makes her look kinda soft.

I felt that she was nice mix of Kidder's Lois with a bit of O'Toole's Lana. Smart, sassy, with a heart, and let's them show. Far better than Bosworth's Lois. Chemistry between Cavill and Adams was also far better than Routh and Bosworth, but I blame it on Bosworth because I felt she was a little miscast.

I want to know how cavill is as our Clark and supes. Saw him on a chat show last night and he the personality of a wooden plank, which made me a little worried about his performance as the protagonist. Not seen him anything either.

Cavill plays his Superman a lot more like a more realistic Clark, not court jester Clark, which I thought was a good thing. I never liked the whole Clark/Superman is the mask/true face argument. I've seen him on The Tudors and that mythology movie he was in and he was decent in those.

So I liked the characterization of the main characters, but felt that the movie felt a little too summer movie cotton candy action blockbuster-ish. Like Iron Man 3, the action kinda overshadows the themes a bit. If you(royal you) were waiting for a BIG ACTION Superman movie, this MoS will have you creaming your pants; if you liked Superman Returns, you'll be a little disappointed.

For movie music fans, I also felt that the score was a little lacking. I don't thin kit really captured or helped to enhance the mood of the film.

Thank you, it was very informative. I am looking forward to this, I did like Returns for what it was but I hated Lex in that and the religious undertones were a little too in-your-face my tastes. I'm welcoming the heavy action since it's always been lacking in all but animated versions of history.

Any references to Lex or Lexcorp? I've hated the movie versions with a passion so far, it's funny that 2 very versatile actors ended up as crappy Luthors whereas the teen angst filled Smallville had the best version of Lex imo.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5882 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

Thank you, it was very informative. I am looking forward to this, I did like Returns for what it was but I hated Lex in that and the religious undertones were a little too in-your-face my tastes. I'm welcoming the heavy action since it's always been lacking in all but animated versions of history.

You know, it just occurred to me that MoS feels like an extension of the Smallville series in terms of the Clark/Superman characterization...without the teenage emo angst of course.

Any references to Lex or Lexcorp? I've hated the movie versions with a passion so far, it's funny that 2 very versatile actors ended up as crappy Luthors whereas the teen angst filled Smallville had the best version of Lex imo.

Spoiler
Haha...I agree about Smallville's Lex.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#5883 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

This is the End is hilarious.

#5884 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Man of Steel

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#5885 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

This is the End was hilarious.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5886 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Just watched Hansel & Gretel Witchhunters, it was a fun dumb movie, I actually wouldn't mind a sequel but it tanked pretty bad if I recall

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#5887 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

Just watched Hansel & Gretel Witchhunters, it was a fun dumb movie, I actually wouldn't mind a sequel but it tanked pretty bad if I recall

Sequel has been confirmed quite a while back, it did pretty well here in England if I recall.

Also good to see This Is The End getting positive response, that's on watch list the week after MOS.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5888 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:41 AM

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone is fucking atrocious! Ignore at all costs! Jim Carrey and the rest of the crew is decent but the Steve Carell is really miscast and ruins the movie.

#5889 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

Hesher - 4/5 - Great film. One of the few films where I actually enjoyed JGL. Highly recommended.

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#5890 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

Stoker

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#5891 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:52 AM

Man of Steel and This is the End were both really good.

#5892 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

This is the End is hilarious.

Yes. I agree. Had lots of fun watching this one.

#5893 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Finally saw Amazing Spiderman. Didn't think I would like it since Spiderman is probably my least favorite superhero, but it was better than I expected. Definitely better than the Toby Maguire movies. The one thing that bothered me was the face on the villain. It kept reminding me of the Super Mario Bros. live action movie and I couldn't help but laugh.

2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#5894 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

This Is The End was a lot funnier than I was expecting.  Nice surprise.

I guess when you try to do a movie about the Rapture via the perspective of stoners, it can indeed work.

#5895 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

I tthink I'm more hyped to watch this is the end than mos.

Watched breakfast club, they sure don't make films like that anymore.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5896 Kaetastrophe

Kaetastrophe

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Man of Steel. I've never been much of a Superman fan at all but I was definitely impressed by the movie. 

signature.jpg

#5897 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#5898 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

Watched breakfast club, they sure don't make films like that anymore.

I think we can all be grateful for that.

#5899 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

World War Z - It was good, not great.  I still think the zombie tidal waves were extremely stupid and the effects for that looked like shit, but when that wasn't going on the movie was solid.  The story was good as well, pretty refreshing for a zombie where you think everything has already been done.

#5900 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.

Nothing special, but better than I was expecting.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#5901 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

American Reunion

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#5902 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Man Of Steel - I Liked the first 2 Donner films and thought Returns was pretty good, if a little trite. To me Man of Steel is my favourite Superman film imo, just loved it. I didn't understand the criticisms it got with lack of humour and romance element,granted the destruction got a little too much but thats no biggie. 

Compared to the other superhero film released this year, which I enjoyed too, I think Man of Steel blew Iron Man 3 out of the water. 

9.5/10

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5903 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

Man of Steel - Didn't enjoy it

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5904 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Count me in on that, too.  I actually went to a drive-in to see it and ended up leaving about halfway through.  I thought the pacing was terrible and they were jumping all over the place at the start and it really wasn't winning me back.  Quite disappointed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Late Shift:
I have a radio show. A real radio show. Listen, won't you?
Mondays from 10PM to Midnight CST at WVLP.org!
Click here for the show's Facebook page!

[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#5905 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

Count me in on that, too.  I actually went to a drive-in to see it and ended up leaving about halfway through.  I thought the pacing was terrible and they were jumping all over the place at the start and it really wasn't winning me back.  Quite disappointed.

Yup, characters were one dimensional, pacing was awful, sloppy sound editing in quiet scenes, poorly construed drama, etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5906 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

Opinions on superhero movies are crazy. I really liked Man of Steel.

#5907 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

Just saw the original Cannes cut of Kill Bill in all its close to 4-hour glory. This version needs to see proper release on blu-ray. It's just that simple.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#5908 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.

Nothing special, but better than I was expecting.

Do you remember the name of the Asylum version of this because I swore I saw that a few months ago.

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone is fucking atrocious! Ignore at all costs! Jim Carrey and the rest of the crew is decent but the Steve Carell is really miscast and ruins the movie.

I didn't think it was that bad. If you're gonna see it in theaters yeah you probably better have a girl with you to make out with but it was never intended to be anything like Now You See Me. I think for what it was it was ok. Perfectly middling imo.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#5909 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

Fast & Furious 6 for the 2nd time. Awesome movie. There was nothing out that I was really interested in and I really enjoyed it the first time so why not? It's definitely my favorite movie of the series.

4ec5ccaa-5f05-42ab-bf25-403499b91b10_zps

and Dirk Nowitzki. After watching the 2011 Finals, I refuse to believe he's human. - Groo the Wanderer

#5910 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

Just saw the original Cannes cut of Kill Bill in all its close to 4-hour glory. This version needs to see proper release on blu-ray. It's just that simple.

Curious where did you happen to watch this?

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif