the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#5942 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

Mesrine Part 1&2 on Netflix. Gf had it on the other night and I ended up enjoying it.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#5943 J7.

J7.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

Prefontaine 3.9/5

- not as good as Without Limits. Very interesting to watch both since they were only made about a year apart. AFAIK Without Limits was the movie Pre's parents were behind. Prefontaine was a bit disappointing with some of the incidents it changed for dramatic purposes, such as how Pre injured his foot. 

Fire On The Track: The Steve Prefontaine Story 4.5/5

- Documentary better than the 2 movies. 

#5944 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

Skyfall

Enjoyed it more the second time, still don't think it's amazing though.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#5945 electraheart

electraheart

Are you faux real?

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

Monsters University! I saw man of steel before that and  :puke:

#5946 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

Super - I watched this movie on a whim only because James Gunn directed it and I wanted to see his style before Guardians of the Galaxy next year. While I think the film missed it's mark of a deconstruction on the stree-level superhero and the superhero genre as a whole, I enjoyed the film. There is some funny stuff in there, but the film really falters when everything gets so serious. The ending also makes zero sense. I am willing to forgive it all because Ellen Page was fantastic.

I thought she was so hot in it, for some reason I can't pinpoint.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#5947 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

Monsters university was great.

#5948 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

The Lone Ranger

Ohhh man. Just man. Wow. Oh man.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5949 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

World War Z.

Good, but not great. Great job of setting up tense scenes etc., but thin on plot and character development.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#5950 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Yep. Movie is still awesome.

#5951 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

The Lone Ranger

Ohhh man. Just man. Wow. Oh man.

I don't know what this means. Care to elaborate?
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#5952 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

I'll take a guess and say that it was probably so bad, he couldn't find the right words.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5953 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

It was just such a huge disappointment. Not that I was really looking forward to it or anything, but I thought it looked like something entertaining to watch. It wasn't. It just dragged and dragged.

I'll take a guess and say that it was probably so bad, he couldn't find the right words.

Pretty much.

#5954 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

It was just such a huge disappointment. Not that I was really looking forward to it or anything, but I thought it looked like something entertaining to watch. It wasn't. It just dragged and dragged.

Pretty much.

I'm not one to agree with rotten tomatoes but in this case the film is under 20% plus the trailer looked pretty bad.

I'm just nit a fan of Johnny depp in weird mode, which I guess is most of his career.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#5955 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'm not one to agree with rotten tomatoes but in this case the film is under 20% plus the trailer looked pretty bad.

I'm just nit a fan of Johnny depp in weird mode, which I guess is most of his career.

I saw that but went anyway since I'm not one to really listen to reviews. I'm not a big Johnny Depp fan either but he really was the most entertaining thing about the movie.

I guess it just wasn't what I wanted it to be. I wanted it to be the guy becoming the lone ranger and then doing things to build up notoriety and things like that. Kind of like Batman Begins. It wouldn't have been original, but it would have been entertaining. Instead it felt like half the movie was him becoming the lone ranger, and the next half was him deciding not to be the lone ranger then changing his mind and the big action scene at the end, which is what I wanted the whole movie to be.

Ah well. I'd like to see them try harder with a sequel, but factoring in the 215million budget and the fact it didn't even make 10 million yesterday, I think the franchise is going to be killed.

#5956 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

The Campaign.  It was more low key than I was expecting from Will Farrell, which isn't a bad thing because I hate when he's too over the top.  Wasn't something I'd rave about but I didn't hate it either.  

ach.png

#5957 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

Tucker and Dale VS Evil - Dont know why I waited so long to watch this. Fantastic film that had me laughing the entire time.

The Devil Inside - *snooze*

#5958 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

My review of the new Evil Dead. Please let me know if there are any issues with the sound or my speaking. I'm trying to improve. Thanks.

#5959 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:50 AM

^The audio was a tad quiet. Also summaizing a movie in a review is no bueno, but aside from that good job.

#5960 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

^The audio was a tad quiet. Also summaizing a movie in a review is no bueno, but aside from that good job.

Thank you for taking the time to look it over. I will work more on the audio and abstain from summaries in the future. Thank you again.

#5961 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

World War Z.

Good, but not great. Great job of setting up tense scenes etc., but thin on plot and character development.

This.  I had very low expectations coming in.  But I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the movie.  The tension throughout was the best part of the movie, although I agree that the plot and character development were thin.  FWIW, I didn't read the book.

#5962 J7.

J7.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

The Karate Kid (1984) - 3.75/5

- Holds up pretty well, stupid Nickelodeon appeared to have censored it in parts, great nostalgia, and nice bonus seeing a 1980's arcade.

Touching the Void - 3.25/5

- Great story, poor film making. Would have been better off without the real people telling the story, which usually actually is best. Would be better if just acted out by actors and added some fictional dramatic events.

#5963 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:12 AM

World War Z.

I liked WWZ but damn did it just turn into hey look brad pitt is here oh look something bad happens over and over and the ending was shit.

#5964 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:12 AM

This.  I had very low expectations coming in.  But I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the movie.  The tension throughout was the best part of the movie, although I agree that the plot and character development were thin.  FWIW, I didn't read the book.

Has 0.0 to do with the book. I mean 0.1 it has zombies like in the book. I was happy  they called them zombies and not some shitty nick name like walkers or the undead or whatever horse shit hollywood comes up with to not call zombies zombies.

#5965 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

Man of Steel - some nitpicks, but not enough for me to hate this movie. Wanted a film where Superman did Supermany stuff, and left happy that they finally made the film I wanted to see.

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters - Dumb movie. But at least Gretel was cute and more violent than I was expecting.

#5966 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

I finally saw Django Unchained, and I do understand the criticism regarding how a white man wrote a Western under the backdrop of American slavery.  I really cringed whenever somebody got whipped and brutally cut, and was horrified by the hot box, but like most of us people cheered whenever Django and the doctor shot somebody in a manner of seconds. It really does play on our hypocrisy on how easily we're willing to accept or commit the taking or draining of life at the drop of a hat.  On regarding Samuel L. Jackson's character, in any Western we would call him a no good dirty snake scat in the grass, and at the same drop of a hat we relegate him in to "Uncle Tom," due to centuries of institutionalized racism that has been embedded into the American blood, no matter what color you are from white to black to green to purple.  If you even read Harriet Beecher-Stowe's book, the movie's main characters' heroism couldn't even amount to a drop of what Tom was capable of.

I was watching Pulp Fiction recently and one of the special features was Siskel and Ebert talking about Tarantino's ability to play with culture and our perception of it to make his "excellent" movies.  Considering how the audiences are always strung along into seeing his films and talking about it, whether they love or absolutely hate it, we're all just puppets to the movie makers' desires.  This is especially considering that his films are indeed firmly embedded in the exploitation genre.

I do want to see the sequel now, especially they revealed that Zoe Bell was in the movie with that setup with the photograph.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#5967 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

^ sequel to what?

I'm probably in the minority but I didn't like Cabin in the Woods at all. It was just ridiculous. Good idea, I thought awful execution. Tucker & Dave is a much better horror deconstruction film.

I did like Adventureland a lot. I think people who didn't expected it to be the next Superbad.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#5968 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:59 AM

Mama.

Meh.  Lot of build up for a terrible ending.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#5969 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

lol, i also saw Mama for the first time last night. very meh, indeed.

UjCoyFa.png

#5970 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

I'm probably in the minority but I didn't like Cabin in the Woods at all. It was just ridiculous. Good idea, I thought awful execution. Tucker & Dave is a much better horror deconstruction film.

I thought it was pretty poor satire throughout, but the ending scenes were a lot of fun to watch.

UjCoyFa.png