Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7357 replies to this topic

#2041 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

Paris, Texas, Black Orpheus, & The Red Shoes - I decided to watch a few more of my Criterions over the weekend. Paris, Texas was outstanding, Black Orpheus was ok, and The Red Shoes was absolutely extraordinary. Maybe one of the greatest dance scenes ever put to film, and when you look at the restoration demonstration on the disc, it proves just how much time went into making the film look amazing (which it did).
Posted Image

#2042 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:25 AM

Watched the whole Back to the Future trilogy today, hadn't seen them in ages. Still hold up well.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2043 texasnightowl

texasnightowl

Endangered Species List Member: Humans possessing common sense.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:18 AM

First movie I've seen in theaters since November...The King's Speech

Yeah, it was good. More to my taste than a lot of the Best Picture Oscar winners. Did it deserve the Oscar?....eh, not sure. Did think Colin Firth was terrific in it though.

#2044 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:34 AM

Brothers.

Great movie. Maguire, Gyllenhal and Portman were all fantastic in it.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2045 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:03 PM

Tucker & Dale VS Evil - As a fan of cheesy slasher flicks, horror comedies, Tyler Labine and Firefly, I totally loved it.

The Runaways - It was okay. Kirsten Stewart is kind of annoying and I couldn't stop seeing Dakota Fanning as the little girl she used to be.
Posted Image

where scoob

#2046 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

The Burbs- 2.5/5
Exorcism of Emily Rose- 0/5 (i hate horror movies)
Repo Man- 4/5
The Warriors- 3/5
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2047 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:06 AM

The Horsemen. Meh, pretty cliche and predictable cop/serial killer flick with Dennis Quaid and Ziyi Zhang.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2048 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

Cop Out - 1/10

I don't even remember what preview I saw that made it funny, Paz Vez is nice though.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#2049 manthepost

manthepost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

Dumb & Dumber - Still a comedy gem. I'm convinced you can never get tired of this movie.

we uset to watch this movie over and over again at a friends house the tape finally wore out cause we watched it so much we never got tired of it

#2050 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

Avatar. 3rd time seeing it, first time watching the extended version on the collector's edition blu ray. Still really enjoy the movie and thought the added scenes were good.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2051 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:37 AM

Tokyo Gore Police - Uh, what? I liked the design of the engineers and some of the special effects were cool, and the fake commercials were funny...but most of it was just....ehhhh.
Posted Image

where scoob

#2052 vrblknch

vrblknch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:03 AM

IP Man- best straight up kung fu flixster in a while. 5/5
The Mechanic- reminded me of Taken and Ninja Assassin, 90 minutes of taut @ss kickery. Looking for the original now... with Charlie Bronson and the Airwolf guy. 4/5
Wah Do Dem- Norah Jones 2 minutes of screentime ALMOST made this worthwhile. 3/5
Animal Kingdom- Aussie gangtas, nice. 3/5
The Last Lovecraft: Relic of Cthulhu- burned my eyes bad 1/5

Edited by vrblknch, 06 March 2011 - 06:17 AM.

#2053 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:02 AM

Unstoppable - Cool movie that kept me on the edge of my seat.

#2054 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:30 AM

The Iron Giant- 4/5
Bananas- 3/5
Pleasantville- 3/5

#2055 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:20 AM

127 Hours was GREAT! I was very impressed with the acting, they did a good job following the actual events as was in the book/was related in interviews totally recommend! Also Social Network was awesome & Burlesque was a good one to watch.

127 Hours 3.5/5
Social Network 4/5
Burlesque 3/5
Buried 3/5
Gnomeo & Juliet 2.5/5
The Fighter 4.5/5

#2056 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:35 AM

The Karate Kid (remake). Actually not that bad. Way too long, but Jackie Chan was impressive as hell...he should do more serious roles like that.

#2057 madbst

madbst

Recquiescat In Pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:46 AM

The American 4/5 - This might be the quietest movie I've ever seen and I mean it in a good way. Good directing, good acting, and some boobs.
Posted Image

Posted Image

^^^ Amazon gift card count so far: $650 ^^^

#2058 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:23 AM

Catfish - 3/5 - at first I thought the guy was a pedophile which was pretty funny then the film became sorta creppy and suspensful and finally it just became hysterical. The reasoning behind why he starts chatting up a 8 yo still seems a little sketchy and really never well explained. I am sure he would have just ignored or sent a thank you card for receiving a drawing of his picture...but since his friend had the idea for the movie he just started penpal/facebooking the 8yo girl.
Pretty interesting movie. If you are interested in a film about a guy who talks to a family online through facebook Catfish might be your movie!

The highlight of my week was watching BMX Bandits again which was re-released on bluray and dvd. Check it out!
Posted Image

#2059 DrummondT

DrummondT

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:50 AM

My fiance and I want to get some inexpensive but nice wedding bands to wear in stead of our regular ones....for example something we can take on our honeymoon and not have to worry about being lost or stolen. Just plain/simple silver bands... any suggestion where i might find those with out breaking the bank?

#2060 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

Unknown

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#2061 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

I finally saw True Grit. I enjoyed the best laugh I've had in a long time when Rooster stops by that supply store when they first cross into Choctaw territory. His treatment of the two kids on the way into the store was hilarious, I love that nonsequitur. When he got them on the way out, I bust a gut. The Brothers usually have a good sense of humor, but there was something about the way that was framed, it just really got to me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2062 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

Black Swan -- creepiest and most arousing movie I've ever seen. Kind of unsatisfied by the end though. 9/10.

UjCoyFa.png

#2063 Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:51 AM

The Town- 3/5
couldve used just a pinch more of violence IMHO
<_<

#2064 thefallingscream

thefallingscream

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:59 AM

Jackass 3d-9/10

#2065 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:37 AM

Catfish - 3/5 - at first I thought the guy was a pedophile which was pretty funny then the film became sorta creppy and suspensful and finally it just became hysterical. The reasoning behind why he starts chatting up a 8 yo still seems a little sketchy and really never well explained. I am sure he would have just ignored or sent a thank you card for receiving a drawing of his picture...but since his friend had the idea for the movie he just started penpal/facebooking the 8yo girl.
Pretty interesting movie. If you are interested in a film about a guy who talks to a family online through facebook Catfish might be your movie!

This was a great movie, but I felt the same way about it as I did about exit through the gift shop. It seemed like it betrayed the viewer in a way. It was disturbing, but it was hard to look away. Is this really a documentary? How much of it is really made up? It certainly had some very tense and creepy moments.

I'm sitting there like - why is this called catfish? And then the husband explains that connection and it makes sense. It worries you, makes you wonder how much of what we see and hear is deception on the Internet and everywhere else. How important is conflict and deception? Is it really all bad?

It kind of is a warning to people
Spoiler
who take too much of what we read on the Internet at face value. Is that chic you have been emailing back and forth with from Craigslist really who she says she is? Is that wikipedia article accurate?
Posted Image

#2066 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:17 AM

127 Hours - 9/10

If you like the T.V. series "I Shouldn't Be Alive" then you'll love this. I think they might've done an episode on this guy, can't remember.

Edited by Necrozilla, 13 March 2011 - 11:46 AM.

(()) wOOpwOOp That's the sound of a trade: >>CML<< (())

PS3 & 360 games @ ☆ Want Halo 4 ☆ plz
10% CAG discount Vs. ebay listings!

#2067 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:36 AM

Black Death, 4.5/5, REALLY limited release right now so you'll probably have to wait for DVD to watch it.

A band of knights (lead by Sean Bean), mercenaries, and a conflicted, young monk journey to a place untouched by the bubonic plague in the 14th century to investigate. It is rumored to be protected by a necromancer who has used black magic to hold off the pestilence. Great performances by all, very visceral violence, great mood, moral gray areas, and an excellent non-hollywood ending.

Best film released in 2011 that I've seen so far.

Edited by guardian_owl, 13 March 2011 - 05:03 AM.

Guardian_owl.png

#2068 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:52 AM

Battle: LA - Pretty good, I mean what can I say, it was basically a summer popcorn flick that somehow ended up in the middle of March. I enjoyed it, I like Aaron Eckhart, even Michelle Rodriguez didn't bug me. It was pretty
Posted Image

where scoob

#2069 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

Jackass 3D - 2/10

Beehive Ball was the only funny part. The other movies were funnier [from memory]. The exploding end was cool.

(()) wOOpwOOp That's the sound of a trade: >>CML<< (())

PS3 & 360 games @ ☆ Want Halo 4 ☆ plz
10% CAG discount Vs. ebay listings!

#2070 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

The Big Sleep- the Hollywood film version, not the film noir edit. They sure changed a lot of things from the book, but still a solid and entertaining movie nonetheless. Bogart's performance makes this from being just mere detective movie fluff.

Superman vs. Batman: Apocalypse Entertaining movie as expected, and am very impressed that they got Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly, and Ed Asner. The final battle, I wish I could've seen it coming, but it still managed to surprise me, especially the damage it caused. And I loved Superman's ora ora ora attack.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image