Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7898 replies to this topic

#181 BoSoxFan900

BoSoxFan900

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:58 PM

Star Trek. I really wasn't expecting much but I ended up liking it a lot.

Because horses have huge raging boners and we're all about huge raging boners here at CAG. There's poopers to be filled, dammit!

#182 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:25 AM

Avatar. I liked it and for me that is all I care about. If you read the Avatar thread you will see that some hate it and others like it. I don't care if the story has been told in the past. Hell Cameron wrote the damn thing before he directed Titanic.

Aliens. I just started watching it again. I didn't get half way through it but plan on watching the rest of it later in the weekend. Sucks the guys that wrote the third one killed everyone that lived off. The movies have went down hill after that one. I'm wondering if Predators, made plural because Cameron did it with Aliens, will be as good or like AVP and the other Alien movies.
Posted Image

#183 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:02 AM

city of god - 10/10 - friggin awesome!!! drugs and war pretty much sum it up

#184 BoSoxFan900

BoSoxFan900

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:25 AM

city of god - 10/10 - friggin awesome!!! drugs and war pretty much sum it up

That is a great movie. Really intense.

Because horses have huge raging boners and we're all about huge raging boners here at CAG. There's poopers to be filled, dammit!

#185 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

UP - It was very good another winner for Disney and Pixar.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#186 becuzimbrown

becuzimbrown

Very popular in the OTT.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:45 PM

The Box -

I thought it was going to be some shitty boring thriller with Cameron Diaz (which in a way, it was) but, it was some crazy shit I did not expect.

#187 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

Watchmen

I enjoyed it a lot more the second time around. I think being a huge fan of the graphic novel made me have ridiculous expectations for the film, which led me to disappointment. But when I watched it a second time I wasn't so hyped up and I think that made me enjoy it more. Also the Blu-Ray transfer was really good.

#188 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:21 AM

Vanishing Point
A Wonderful Life
A Nightmare Before Christmas

Second two are tradition, first one was just badass.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#189 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:46 AM

American Pie Book of Love - 2/5 - Pretty terrible film but expected that going in. There are a few parts u will smirk at but definitely nothing worth laughing at. 'Book of Love' does have a decent lead character played by Bug Hall...who was pretty good throughout the film. I can't say there is much reason to watch this. The story come second to showing attractive girls run around. When there are story elements you are able to see what is going to happen from a mile away. 'Book of Love' fits the mold that American Pie has made. The only other saving grace of this film is Jennifer Holland who I would love to see in more films. Holland isn't the greatest actress (a lot of successful hollywood stars aren't either) but she was good in Zombie Strippers and pretty good throughout this film.
If you want to waste 90 minutes of your time for a comedy that is unable to produce any laughs and have a story that is genuinely uninteresting..this is the movie for you.
Posted Image

#190 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:21 AM

American Pie Book of Love - 2/5 - Pretty terrible film but expected that going in. There are a few parts u will smirk at but definitely nothing worth laughing at. 'Book of Love' does have a decent lead character played by Bug Hall...who was pretty good throughout the film. I can't say there is much reason to watch this. The story come second to showing attractive girls run around. When there are story elements you are able to see what is going to happen from a mile away. 'Book of Love' fits the mold that American Pie has made. The only other saving grace of this film is Jennifer Holland who I would love to see in more films. Holland isn't the greatest actress (a lot of successful hollywood stars aren't either) but she was good in Zombie Strippers and pretty good throughout this film.
If you want to waste 90 minutes of your time for a comedy that is unable to produce any laughs and have a story that is genuinely uninteresting..this is the movie for you.

zombie strippers was so fun

#191 sonicsam

sonicsam

ElectroLife

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:13 AM

zombie strippers was so fun

LMAO, I just saw Zombie Strippers not too long ago and when people say anything good about movies like that, I just don't understand it at all.

#192 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:18 PM

Avatar in 3D. It was a very good movie, but it wasn't amazing by any means. The CG and the 3D were jaw dropping though.

#193 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:57 PM

A couple days ago I saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. They are really getting to a point where the only way to enjoy the movies is to have already read the books. I was okay with the movie because I've read the series but my fiancee hasn't and had no clue why certain things were happening. I'll be happy when the movie series ends.

I'm in the middle of both "Lust, Caution" and Das Boot. Both are really long and thus far, pretty good.

Up next is Star Trek.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#194 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:03 PM

Harry Potter HBP - Pretty good at times I couldn't see anything on screen and some plot points made me scratch my head(never read the books).
Posted Image
Posted Image

#195 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

LMAO, I just saw Zombie Strippers not too long ago and when people say anything good about movies like that, I just don't understand it at all.

dude, it had tits and zombies..what isnt there to understand and like?;)

#196 Mex25

Mex25

Midget Tosser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

Land of the Lost - probably one of the worst will ferrell movies I've seen so far

The Hurt Locker - pretty good flick, depressing as hell in some parts
Posted Image

Posted Image

#197 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:53 PM

The Hangover - Fucking hilarious!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#198 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:27 PM

Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince
A Christmas Story
Batman & Mr Freeze: Subzero

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#199 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:24 AM

Up
Hangover
Slumdog millionaire.
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#200 Magus8472

Magus8472

The Sudden Stop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:30 AM

(500) Days of Summer.

This was a really well done movie with what I think was perfect casting. I <3 Zooey Deschanel.

Seconded, and I usually don't like these kind of angsty romance flicks (Elizabethtown, Garden State), too.
Posted Image

#201 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:45 AM

Requiem for a Dream.

Saddest....movie...ever.

Posted Image

#202 sml_mndz

sml_mndz

I LOVE FANSERVICE XD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:30 AM

the hangover - fucking hilarious!

this!
Posted Image

#203 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:53 AM

Up.

Simply fantastic.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#204 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:42 AM

Adventureland

loved it
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#205 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:07 PM

2012 - 2/10

Stopped watching when they put a Truther on. So fucking textbook, with the budget they give these movies couldn't they get anyone competent to write this? 'Armageddon', 'The Day After Tomorrow', and 'The Core' are how you make "end of the world" movies.

Now I know why I never trust "professional movie critics": http://www.metacriti...?q=2012#critics so many got a BJ while watching it's unbelievable.

Posted Image

#206 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

Inglorious Basterds(2009) - Great movie not sure if it's QT's best but I enjoyed it even with subtitles.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#207 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:10 PM

A Very Sunny Christmas - EXTREMELY funny! I loved it, it was fantastic.

#208 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:41 AM

Avatar - 4/5 - Went to see Avatar in IMAX 3D. Here is my long ass review...
Spoiler

Or the short version
Spoiler

Posted Image

#209 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:04 AM

Up

Wasn't 3D this time, but was still a great movie.

#210 farfus

farfus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:59 AM

Sherlock Holmes, enjoyed it!!!