Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7957 replies to this topic

#2071 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

Good Time Max with James Franco.. caught it on The Movie Channel the other night, 3.5/5.. a lot of good flicks I've never heard of on TMC.

axlrose4183.png

#2072 super_dawn

super_dawn

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

Battle: LA - Pretty good, I mean what can I say, it was basically a summer popcorn flick that somehow ended up in the middle of March. I enjoyed it, I like Aaron Eckhart, even Michelle Rodriguez didn't bug me. It was pretty

Totally agree. Pretty much sums up my exact thoughts. ;)

Guybrush: At least I've learnt something from all of this.
Elaine: What's that?
Guybrush: Never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.

:3ds: my 3DS friend code is: 1934-0672-7017 ---Animal Crossing: Msg me if you add! thx!

Animal Crossing Villager Outfits Follow me:  superdawn3.tumblr.com

ChocDeathMousse.jpg

#2073 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:04 PM

Ip Man 2

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#2074 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

Tron: Legacy - 3/10

Makes no sense (first Tron for me), but I loved the blue explosions and light cycles.

W A N TRdBqKD5.pngW A N T
H A V E03ol2Bg.pngH A V E

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif

#2075 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

Daybreakers - 6/10 - This movie had a lot of potential, but it fell completely flat of it's mark, but it was still a violent, entertaining ride to behold. It's much better than any other modern vampire movie.

Caprica - 9/10 - Excellent movie with above average acting all around. Can't wait to watch the series now.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#2076 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:06 PM

Black Dynamite
Ip Man

#2077 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:46 AM

127 Hours - 9/10

If you like the T.V. series "I Shouldn't Be Alive" then you'll love this. I think they might've done an episode on this guy, can't remember.

I love i shouldnt be alive. Thanks, I will watch 127 hours!

Red Riding Hood (2011) - 7.5/10 - I was thinking it to be a suspense movie but it turned out to be something else. I liked it and wanted to love it but there is much room for improvement. Wait for BD/DVD.

#2078 Lieutenant Dan

Lieutenant Dan

Ice Cream!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:55 PM

The Deer Hunter - First time seeing it. Really good. Christopher Walken is the man, as always.

#2079 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

I love i shouldnt be alive. Thanks, I will watch 127 hours!

The episode of lost at sea and alone for 76 days is a favorite of mine. :hot:

W A N TRdBqKD5.pngW A N T
H A V E03ol2Bg.pngH A V E

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif

#2080 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

Paul - 8.5/10 - Pretty fuckin' hilarious movie. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost strike gold once again.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#2081 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:07 PM

Dear Zachary - Yeah. I know. Call it "Amateurish" or whatever you want. This is not a documentary that is trying to throw a ton of information at you - it is more about the emotional struggles a family must endure in this given situation.

Now, I'm not an emotional guy, but about 2/3 of the way through, my stomach dropped and I started tearing up. Fuck everything about this story.

The less you know, the better. If you haven't seen this movie, go watch it. Now.

just the worst possible happenings a family could endure. i have supreme respect for their restraint.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#2082 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:16 AM

The episode of lost at sea and alone for 76 days is a favorite of mine. :hot:

Yea, that was bananas!
There was also one with 5 people on a raft but
Spoiler
Man, crazy show! Crazier lives!

#2083 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

Being John Malkovich - Awesome, never had any idea where the story was going, highly recommended!

In other news, no one wants to see I Saw the Devil with me :(

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2084 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

The Deer Hunter - First time seeing it. Really good. Christopher Walken is the man, as always.

I watched that again this weekend. I fucking love that movie. It is still one of my favorite movies if not my favorite movie.

Saw Lincoln Lawyer this weekend and it is a pretty solid movie. If you like movies that fall into the wheelhouse that this movie does then it won't disappoint.

Posted Image

#2085 thefallingscream

thefallingscream

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:15 PM

Watched bullitt for the first time. Steve Mcqueen is a badass!

#2086 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:16 PM

Daybreakers - 6/10 - This movie had a lot of potential, but it fell completely flat of it's mark, but it was still a violent, entertaining ride to behold. It's much better than any other modern vampire movie.

Yeah it was a typical bad movie, but I have to give it props for being the only modern film to actually give vampires the vicious characteristics and presence that they should.

#2087 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:24 PM

Watched bullitt for the first time. Steve Mcqueen is a badass!

Check out The Great Escape next!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2088 ValkyrieVF-1S

ValkyrieVF-1S

Skull One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

Being John Malkovich - Awesome, never had any idea where the story was going, highly recommended!

I want to watch it with you. ;)
The Worst Foe Lies Within - Parasite Eve
gallery_587_6858_5265.jpg gallery_587_6858_1293.jpg

#2089 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:15 AM

I want to watch it with you. ;)

haha if only you were also doomed to living in FL

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2090 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:52 AM

It's worth it. I wrote a pretty spoiler-free review in my blogs, but if you're a follower of Kim Ji-woon's work, it's not his best. Still, that's like saying getting a handy from Alison Brie isn't as good as getting one from Grace Park. It's still amazing and crazy.

Here's a quick review of Paul I did:

Paul - 7/10

When you look at Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, all of their success has come from being coupled with the wonderful Edgar Wright. When Wright went off and made Scott Pilgrim, he proved that he could make wonderfully captivating films without the duo. It was time for Frost and Pegg to prove themselves, and with Paul, it shows that they also can hold a film without Wright.

Paul, to me, felt like Fanboys. A decent and good enough comedy for geeks that was fun. Lots of nods to geek-culture, one of the best shirts I've ever seen, and a fun cameo really helped this one hit the spot. Unfortunately, some of the humor fell a little flat and was a bit more childish than I was hoping for. But, I will also commend the pacing... I never once looked at my watch until the last five minutes, surprised to see it had already been 90+ minutes.

It's definitely fun. If you're a fan of Shaun/Hot Fuzz, don't go in expecting another masterpiece. Just know that when Seth Rogan, Bill Hader, and Joe Lo Truglio are involved, you're going to get a lot of cheap humor and some pretty good laughs.

76561198003985248.png

#2091 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:58 AM

Love and Other Drugs (9.5/10): It mixes comedy and drama very well. Anne Hathaway is great as an early-onset Parkinson's patient and Jake Gyllenhall was really good at playing a guy that thinks he's a jerk, but really isn't. It was funny and you (or at least I) felt for the characters as well. It was also nice to see Hank Azaria do something where he didn't have to do a funny voice. Definitely in my 2010 top 3 (with Scott Pilgrim and the 127 Hours).

Exit Through the Gift Shop (8/10): Really good documentary about street art and what is/isn't art.

Lenny (1974) 8/10: Saw it because I've always heard Lenny Bruce mentioned as one of the great stand-up comics by people who are themselves great comics and, well, a Dustin Hoffman Oscar nominated role has never been a less than stellar film for me in the past, Wag the Dog and Tootsie are the only ones left. This was no exception. Though I was ambivalent to the back and forth style, Hoffman was stellar, Lenny's material was great, and the subject was just great as a background for one of the biggest periods of cultural change in the US.

#2092 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:39 AM

I Saw the Devil - It was a good movie but...my initial reaction...that was the most fucked up movie I've ever seen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2093 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

Paranormal Activity - Better than the first in that things actually happened in it.

Public Enemies - Uh I didn't really pay attention. Depp sure is good-lookin' though.
Posted Image

where scoob

#2094 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:18 PM

Limitless was very good. Watch it if youre at all interested.

Paul is ok. Not nearly as good as Shaun Of The Dead/Hot Fuzz though. Still worth a watch.

#2095 thefallingscream

thefallingscream

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

Mulholland Drive 8/10

#2096 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

Suckerpunch - It's pretty much exactly what the trailer depicts. It has a few amusing action sequences. The story is serviceable but even with its relative simplicity, it wasn't executed as well as it should have been. Recommended viewing for discount theater or bluray/netflix/torrents.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2097 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

Lenoard Part 6

I don't know if this is supposed to be a real movie or an actual spoof of the action genre but it has Bill Cosby riding an ostrich. Need I say more?

Overall it was bad but seeing Bill Cosby in it was pretty entertaining.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2098 lorne

lorne

Sweeping the Ruins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:04 PM

Fish Tank (Indie) Netflix Streaming - It is hard to look away as we are taken through a tough 15 year old girl's life in lower class England. Her life sucks, her Mom gets a new boyfriend and she becomes smitten with him as well. The film goes down some serious Jerry Springer territory but for real. A little slow in places but the lead actress really sells the part and the cinematography is like another character as the train wreck unfolds. 8/10

#2099 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:53 PM

Legend of the Fist

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#2100 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:10 AM

Nine 1/2 Weeks

This was the sexiest film until Basic Instinct came out.