Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7977 replies to this topic

#2491 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

Saw Friends With Benefits last night and it was surprisingly pretty good. Everyone says that its the same movie as No Strings Attached but from the trailers this just looked better. It was funny and had some touching moments.

#2492 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

Loved Captain America; saw it twice already!

Netflix should have Dead Space Aftermath to me tonight, looking forward to that.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#2493 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:51 AM

Not really a movie but LOST is pretty damn interesting so far. Just started Season 4

#2494 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:36 AM

Predator 2 - Danny Glover in place of Arnold doesn't really work for me. Some impressive, over the top 80s gore though.

I'm halfway through the extended edition of Fellowship of the Ring. The CG special effects have not held up very well. The fights that involve humans/elves/dwarves vs. orcs/goblins still work though.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2495 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:22 AM

Rango.

It was ok.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2496 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:27 AM

Rango.

It was ok.

I thought the same thing. It's a story that's been told a thousand times already, and it was told in a boring way.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#2497 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:23 AM

True Grit- es good.

#2498 Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:27 AM

Kungfu Dunk

was aight

13 Assassins - The first Takashi Miike movie I loved. I actually swore off his movies after the awfulness that was Izo, but I'm glad I impulse bought this one.

omg, watch Crows Zero (theres also a part 2) and you might like Sukiyaki Western Django

#2499 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:04 PM

Harry Potter 7.2.

Saw it in Imax 3D. Thought it was very good, though I was expecting a bit more from the final battle. 3D was nothing special, but it was awesome seeing it on the huge IMAX screen anyway.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2500 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

Zookeeper

#2501 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:33 AM

Black Death. Pretty damn good. Still think The 13th Warrior was better, since they're both oddly similar movies.

#2502 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

The Eagle. I think I already posted it but yeah I liked it.

And yep I am not at all into Star Trek or even sci fi in general but the newest Star Trek movie is awesome. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Also wanting to see Winnie The Pooh. The not knot joke in the preview was hilarious I thought.

#2503 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

The Eagle. I think I already posted it but yeah I liked it.

I just watched this last night and was coming here to post about it. I also thought it was pretty good.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#2504 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

"Cowboys and Aliens"

I'm not really into westerns, but I found the more "western" like parts of this movie to be the most engaging (Cowboys vs. Indians, The spoiled son, the doctor who can't shoot, ect). It was amazingly predictable, though.

Still, as far as popcorn flicks go, this is one of the best of the summer. The actions scenes were intense and not overused, and the acting was just amazing. After a while, you forget about how absurd this premise is and just go with it, which leads to a surprisingly good time. I highly recommend it if you are not into little blue people and romance movies.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#2505 noone13

noone13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

"Cowboys and Aliens"

I'm not really into westerns, but I found the more "western" like parts of this movie to be the most engaging (Cowboys vs. Indians, The spoiled son, the doctor who can't shoot, ect). It was amazingly predictable, though.

Still, as far as popcorn flicks go, this is one of the best of the summer. The actions scenes were intense and not overused, and the acting was just amazing. After a while, you forget about how absurd this premise is and just go with it, which leads to a surprisingly good time. I highly recommend it if you are not into little blue people and romance movies.

I second everything he said. Very enjoyable popcorn movie.

#2506 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:13 AM

Don't believe the trailer or this review:

"This is the sort of film that Oscar generally ignores come awards season. It shouldn't. Crazy Stupid Love is a crazy smart film."

It was alright. Definitely not worthy of an Oscar, though.

#2507 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:15 AM

I Saw The Devil - Good, violent movie.

#2508 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:33 AM

Raging Bull - not as gritty as I was expecting but perhaps I'm too jaded for a film from 1980 to really shock me. Still worth watching although it mostly served to get me interested in reading about Jake La Motta.

The Fighter - a better boxing film if only because I have a good friend who grew up near Lowell, Massachusetts. Again, it mostly prompted some reading about the real-life characters.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2509 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:55 AM

Kungfu Dunk

was aight

omg, watch Crows Zero (theres also a part 2) and you might like Sukiyaki Western Django

yeah kungfu dunk was ok there was an asian ping pong movie a few years back that was hillarious.

#2510 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:26 AM

I just finished a ton of Christian Bale movies. (My favorite actor.)

Equilibrium 7/10
Very emotional despite lack of emotion, the gunfights got me pumped.

Rescue Dawn 5/10
Didn't really dig the whole captured by Laotians thing, but the fact it was based on a true story kinda shocked me.

The Machinist 7/10
Insanity, one of my guilty pleasures when it comes to entertainment.

3:10 to Yuma 8/10
Not a big fan of westerns, but I really loved the characters.

Harsh Times 10/10
This got me on a personal level, it reminded a lot of my favorite Uncle, God rest his soul.

#2511 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:32 AM

yeah kungfu dunk was ok there was an asian ping pong movie a few years back that was hillarious.

kung fu dunk was ridiculously stupid but was so funny. I liked it alot since I love basketball and nba jam dunks. Ping Pong Playa I think it was called was pretty good, too. Recently saw Frozen on netflix q and it's one of those movies where the characters do everything damn thing wrong. Just annoying as hell to watch. Fat sick and nearly dead was a great documentary about obese people and how to get back into shape by drinking juice. Pretty amazing to see how dedicated they were and the transformations that took place. I recently watched the bournce identity trilogy and loved it. Wonderful movies.

#2512 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:53 AM

I second everything he said. Very enjoyable popcorn movie.

I third it, had one of the best times at the movies this summer with it.

th_w03j81.gif  

#2513 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:28 PM

Submarine - It's kinda like Napoleon Dynamite if it was directed by Wes Anderson. It's good and I love the director Richard Ayoade.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2514 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:43 PM

[REC]2 - First was better, but this was really good as well with some cool twists. They took the story in a completely different direction from the first, but it works well.

#2515 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

kung fu dunk was ridiculously stupid but was so funny. I liked it alot since I love basketball and nba jam dunks. Ping Pong Playa I think it was called was pretty good, too. Recently saw Frozen on netflix q and it's one of those movies where the characters do everything damn thing wrong. Just annoying as hell to watch. Fat sick and nearly dead was a great documentary about obese people and how to get back into shape by drinking juice. Pretty amazing to see how dedicated they were and the transformations that took place. I recently watched the bournce identity trilogy and loved it. Wonderful movies.

thats it ping pong playa ill check out frozen once ive whittled down my list freak netflix has so many movies and a ton of great classic stuff or things i was curious about but never got to see. even found the happy hooker goes to washington lol. i wonder if they have dr detroit on netflix.

#2516 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

[REC]2 - First was better, but this was really good as well with some cool twists. They took the story in a completely different direction from the first, but it works well.

which one did you see the original or the remake? i saw the original rec1 and 2 those movies are damn good horror flicks especially rec 2 that movie had some scary shit in it.

kinda curious has anyone here seen carriers 2 yet ? i wanted to know if it was any good.

#2517 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

The originals. I didn't even know they remade the second also. I never saw Quarantine and have no desire to.

#2518 latinsword

latinsword

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:52 PM

True Grit - amusing dialogue and memorable characters

#2519 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

Just saw True Grit as well, it was decent. Nowhere near as good as the original and I wouldn't waste my time rewatching it, though.

#2520 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

Public Enemies.

I need to watch new movies when they come out instead of waiting 3 years...