Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
8057 replies to this topic

#2581 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:17 AM

Thanks to Anse Solis, I watched Oldboy. I can honestly say I've never seen a Korean movie before, but I liked it. The stuff about the ants seemed really out of place...

#2582 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

Yeah i've wanted to watch that for ages, I should buy it really.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#2583 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

Tron was good. Was suprised

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#2584 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

Thinking about seeing Cowboys and Aliens tonight. Anyone see it? Looks stupid but entertaining.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#2585 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:36 AM

Well it was nothing special or new, but goddamn it was a fun movie. Much more western than sci-fi.

#2586 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:15 AM

There Will Be Blood - Still so good. I caught a bunch of little quirks this time that really show Daniel Day Lewis as an absolute god of acting.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2587 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:30 AM

There Will Be Blood - Still so good. I caught a bunch of little quirks this time that really show Daniel Day Lewis as an absolute god of acting.

Easily the highlight of Gangs of New York. Brendon Gleeson was cool, but DDL completely dominated that movie from start to finish. Fuck, now I gotta watch it again.

#2588 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:53 AM

Angels & Airwaves Presents: Love

Not worth the 15 dollars of admission. Movie was nice. I enjoyed the parts in space very much. You will probably be into it if you like something like Moon or 2001. It gives a sense of loneliness and despair from not being able to communicate with other humans.
Fine and dandy. Then after the movie was a live performance of 3 songs. Tom Delonge is not exactly a good singer. Why they made a more subdued show (think of it as a Unplugged but with everything plugged in) is beyond me because it puts more focus on his vocals. After that was an interview session which was OK but some questions were pointless and the interviewer was obnoxious and his vocabulary was goofy with words like "awesome" and "epic" being used as often as if he was a radio host of your local alternative station. After that was a music video for a new song called "Anxiety". Song was pretty good. Looking forward to the soundtrack which will feature Love pt1 and 2.

#2589 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

Watched Manhunter last night, starting Hannibal in a second.

#2590 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:08 PM

Well it was nothing special or new, but goddamn it was a fun movie. Much more western than sci-fi.

I enjoyed it a lot as well. Daniel Craig was great in it.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#2591 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:27 AM

Night Watch - holy crap, what a cool movie. It's subtitled so if you're illiterate don't try to watch it but very, very imaginative and compelling. It's like a cross between Vampire the Masquerade and, god, I don't even know. Soviet-era bureaucracy? Very well done and I'm very excited to track down the sequel.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2592 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:12 AM

The Other Woman.

It was decent. Natalie Portman was very good as always.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2593 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:38 AM

Attack the Block - Excellent Shaun of the Dead style horror comedy. It is definitely more suspenseful than SotD. My favorite thing is actually the OST for it is chock full of electronica bit tune ish tracks.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2594 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:13 AM

Watched Manhunter last night, starting Hannibal in a second.

Loved Manhunter. I was a big Michael Mann fan but went back to rewatch that and gotta I prefer Brian Cox over Anthony Hopkins in that role. Shame Tom Noonan hasn't been in more movies. People will always probably only recognize him from Last Action Hero.

#2595 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:06 AM

The Other Woman.

It was decent. Natalie Portman was very good as always.

You're joking right... ?

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#2596 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:27 AM

This is supposed to be the most entertaining film released thus far this year. Can't wait to check it out!

I hold it among Hanna and 13 Assassins as far as excellent 2011 action flicks go. Be prepared for the British accent, it's there in full force and you'll hear it from 12 year olds up to teenagers and adults.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2597 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

13 Assassins - 9023742934912/10 - I wanted to see this movie when it hit theaters stateside, but it wasn't showing anywhere near me. It's easily one of the best movies of the year that I've seen. Hell, it probably is the best.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#2598 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:48 AM

Final Destination 5.

Was fun and entertaining to watch. Same story as the others, but this one had great pacing.

#2599 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

How was Hanna overall?

Story was very, very stupid but the action and camerawork was good. Worth watching, I'd say.

#2600 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:24 AM

Letters from Iwo Jima Ken Watanabe is the boss, one of my favourite actors working at the moment.

Hanna was good, I watched at the cinema. I can tell its not a film for everyone though.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#2601 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:06 PM

Letters from Iwo Jima Ken Watanabe is the boss, one of my favourite actors working at the moment.

Hanna was good, I watched at the cinema. I can tell its not a film for everyone though.

I dunno why I didn't like iwo jima when I liked other war movies.

Sucker Punch was just really awful. One of the worst movies of the year.

#2602 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

Paul - Ok, I still don't find Pegg and Frost that funny. Seth Rogen's alien was the only funny character.

Your Highness - Better than I expected, Danny McBride is great in it.

#2603 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:58 PM

Saw Final Destination 5 today, and totally recommend it to fans of the films, easily the best one since the second.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#2604 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:07 AM

30 Minutes Or Less is funny if you enjoy some immature or juvenile jokes tossed around often. For me it was entertaining half of the time. Loved the ending.

#2605 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:09 AM

Saw Final Destination 5 today, and totally recommend it to fans of the films, easily the best one since the second.

Spoiler

Yeah, I really liked how they did that at the end.

It might be my favorite Final Destination honestly. It was just very well done.

Plus it's probably the only movie I can think of that came out this year where the 3D was worth it :-P

#2606 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:23 AM

Aw man, now I want to see Final Destination 5 after having prematurely ragged on it.

#2607 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

After going to a local concert featuring the New Blues Brothers, I figure I'll be watching the movie sometime this week.

Today I watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of The Crystal Skull and Beetlejuice on TV. A rather pleasant combination, all differences aside

#2608 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:21 AM

I watched Let Me In. I thought it was pretty good and I do like that girl from Kick-Ass
Spoiler

Me and some friends debated whether or not
Spoiler

Spoiler

What's the big opening death scene?

I really liked car pile up in the second one. The airplane and roller coaster also hit that spot for me because when I was a kid I used to be afraid of those things for those reasons. The forth one was extremely lame.
Spoiler

#2609 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

Plus it's probably the only movie I can think of that came out this year where the 3D was worth it :-P

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. See this in 3D, it's actually really well done!

What's the big opening death scene?

I really liked car pile up in the second one. The airplane and roller coaster also hit that spot for me because when I was a kid I used to be afraid of those things for those reasons. The forth one was extremely lame.

Spoiler

Bridge collapse.
Posted Image

#2610 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part II
The Wild Hunt

Been a while since I watched any movies

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.