Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7307 replies to this topic

#2641 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:08 AM

Rollerball 2002, then I read the reviews and everyone bashed it? even LL Cool J in an interview?

I was so confused

#2642 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:10 AM

Just watched Hobo With a Shotgun.

To sum this movie up, it's basically an action exploitation film that feels like it came straight from the 80's. Plus it also includes some cheesy ass gore scenes. Overall I loved this movie to death.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2643 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:09 AM

Tokyo Godfathers
All Star Superman
127 Hours
Hobo With a Shotgun
Captain America
Fright Night

#2644 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:28 AM

Hard Candy.

Shit made my nuts ache...

#2645 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:33 AM

Beverely Hills Ninja- :lol:

#2646 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:27 AM

Arrietty - very good ghibli film, another good addition to the collection.

Cowboys and Aliens - was okay, enjoyable but pretty shallow.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#2647 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

Our Idiot Brother
It was alright. Not really a comedy. I almost want to call it a chick flick. Love to watch Paul Rudd and Zooey Deschanel so it was good for me.

#2648 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

X-Men First Class.
After hearing so many good things about it, I thought I would be greeted with an awesome movie. I wasn't. Apart from Azazel, Havok and Banshee, none of the mutants were that great, the story was lackluster at best and the ending just left me in sorrow.
Loved every other X-Movie (Including Wolverine's), but this one as just... no.
IMO, anyway.

Edited by Oaxan, 28 August 2011 - 01:39 AM.

#2649 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

Midnight in Paris - Good albeit a bit tame..

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2650 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:20 PM

Don't be Afraid of the Dark- A bit like the Happening.

#2651 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:28 AM

The Change-Up - Funnier than I expected.

Nightmare on Elm Street (Remake) - Not too bad, they stayed pretty much faithful to the source material and it was definitely more enjoyable than the Halloween and Friday the 13th remakes. Freddy's face drove me crazy though, he looked really stupid.

#2652 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:44 AM

9th Company - A relatively recent (2005) Russian movie about their war in Afghanistan during the 80s. I'm dying to know how accurate their portrait of Soviet boot camp was because... just wow. Good stuff. Like Full Metal Jacket, it's split between basic training and the actual war. The final scene is historically-based although it is heavily exaggerated. Which is a shame because the actual battle that it was based on doesn't really need any embellishment. Sort of a disservice if you know what I mean. Still, if you can deal with some awkward subtitles, it's worth a Netflix viewing.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2653 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:57 AM

Don't be Afraid of the Dark- A bit like the Happening.

Definitely not going to see it after that comment :lol:

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#2654 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:23 AM

Please don't. It's starts off well then you just start realizing how dumb it is. Not scary at all.

#2655 masterchief2291

masterchief2291

CAGiversary!

• Trading Ban

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:10 AM

Hard Candy.

Shit made my nuts ache...

this is my fiancee's favorite movie....it terrifies me.....

#2656 Mayson

Mayson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:09 AM

9th Company - A relatively recent (2005) Russian movie about their war in Afghanistan during the 80s. I'm dying to know how accurate their portrait of Soviet boot camp was because... just wow. Good stuff. Like Full Metal Jacket, it's split between basic training and the actual war. The final scene is historically-based although it is heavily exaggerated. Which is a shame because the actual battle that it was based on doesn't really need any embellishment. Sort of a disservice if you know what I mean. Still, if you can deal with some awkward subtitles, it's worth a Netflix viewing.

I remember watching a movie when I was younger that is sort of similar. It was called "the beast". It was about a Soviet tank crew in Afghanistan. If the subject matter interests you, then you might want to check it out.

#2657 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:17 AM

El Topo - I recommend this movie. Don't be put off by the craziness of it all. This movie was able to get many emotions out of me and I had such a long discussion about the film with my friends after our viewing that no other movie has ever been able to accomplish.

#2658 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

I remember watching a movie when I was younger that is sort of similar. It was called "the beast". It was about a Soviet tank crew in Afghanistan. If the subject matter interests you, then you might want to check it out.

Ooooh yeah, I forgot all about that movie. I haven't seen it but I'll look for it on Netflix. Actually, it's probably up on my "recommended" list right now.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2659 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Good.

I need to start going to the bathroom when pre-movie trailers start playing. Most trailers gives away wayyyy too much about the movie. I am dead sick of trailers being simply montages of the entire movie's content. The In Time trailer sparked this mini rant.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2660 ChosenOne1

ChosenOne1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Good.

I need to start going to the bathroom when pre-movie trailers start playing. Most trailers gives away wayyyy too much about the movie. I am dead sick of trailers being simply montages of the entire movie's content. The In Time trailer sparked this mini rant.

Same. Rise of the Planet of the Apes. A little slow to develop but definitely warrants a sequel.

#2661 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:41 PM

Source Code

Time travel in itself gives me a headache, but the movie was good and the characters felt human. Will watch again if given a nice rainy day.

#2662 Cerebral_One

Cerebral_One

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

Salvage - From a B movie standpoint: not bad for $1 purchase from Blockbuster, one of the actors reallllly sucked, story was okay, music blew, give it a C+. Best part was the camera shots given the apparent budget.

#2663 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:47 AM

The Conspirator.

Very good movie about the aftermath of the assassination of Lincoln directed by Robert Redford, center on the farce of trial of Mary Surratt.

Lot's of parallels to the aftermath of 9/11 in terms of the government playing the politics of fear, tossing law and rights aside in times of war etc.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2664 Cerebral_One

Cerebral_One

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:26 AM

The Conspirator.

Very good movie about the aftermath of the assassination of Lincoln directed by Robert Redford, center on the farce of trial of Mary Surratt.

Lot's of parallels to the aftermath of 9/11 in terms of the government playing the politics of fear, tossing law and rights aside in times of war etc.

I saw that movie, it was very good. My favorite part of it was the role of the attorney defending her and what took place among the family,
Spoiler
I was upset with the government,
Spoiler
At least, back in that time.

#2665 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:58 AM

Fright Night (2011) - Awesome. Colin Ferrel is a joy for every second of his screen time. Had to see it in 3D and it wasn't bad (it was shot in 3D). Overall, much better than I expected it to be.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2666 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:07 AM

Fright Night (2011) - Awesome. Colin Ferrel is a joy for every second of his screen time. Had to see it in 3D and it wasn't bad (it was shot in 3D). Overall, much better than I expected it to be.

Sad it bombed.

I didn't help though since I haven't seen it yet. Is the 3D worth it? So far the only movie I've thought the 3D was worth it was Final Destination 5.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#2667 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:40 AM

Sad it bombed.

I didn't help though since I haven't seen it yet. Is the 3D worth it? So far the only movie I've thought the 3D was worth it was Final Destination 5.

I had to get 3D since there wasn't any convenient showtimes in regular. The 3D is mostly to add depth though they do some cheesy throw shit at the screen sometimes. Personally, I'd avoid 3D unless something of Avatar's caliber comes up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2668 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:03 AM

Source Code

Time travel in itself gives me a headache, but the movie was good and the characters felt human. Will watch again if given a nice rainy day.

A really good movie on time travel is "Primer". The plot is a bit confusing, but the handling of the time travel parts is great. It sparks the imagination because it comes across as really plausible.

On topic, I think the last movie I saw that surprised me was Transformers...I guess well just say its been a weak Summer.

#2669 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

The Conspirator.

Just watched this, the whole thing made me rage with the blinding white fury of ten thousands suns. Injustice is NOT something I handle well.
Other than that, it's a great movie. Not much else I can say.

@Tctc, I'll look into it. I find myself watching a lot of movies being mentioned in this thread, most of the time they're really good. Don't let me down now!

#2670 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

Finally got around to wathing Precious. I'm not really sure what to say about the movie other than it is indeed a realistic look at how some people live. If you call it living that is.
Contact Friend Code - 1675-8841-8262
Tetris DS - 152435-004214
XBL - Nasum2