Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7318 replies to this topic

#2731 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:07 AM

If you value your life then DO NOT go see conan... I'm gonna go kill myself now.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#2732 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

If you value your life then DO NOT go see conan... I'm gonna go kill myself now.

Duly noted.

#2733 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:55 AM

The Last Samurai one of my favourites.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#2734 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

Hereafter.

It was just ok. Interesting characters/concept, but doesn't really do much with them. Just kind of plods along.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2735 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:57 AM

After the tucking bull crap I saw yesterday, Thor was EASILY great although the ending kinda blew.

Trade List

#2736 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:32 AM

The Usual Suspects

Not bad, the whole Kaizer Sosai (spelling?) mystery had me stumped all the way up until the last minute of the movie. I usually catch onto things like that halfway through a movie. Very well done, I should watch more mob flicks.

#2737 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

Most of the movie is build up minus a few fight scenes throughout, the last 30-40 minutes is the final battle.

you were right that big fight was the shit!!!!!!!! one of the best final battles ive seen in a movie in a long time im glad i didnt skip the movie because of the boring stuff. quick question about the end though how was it the guy
Spoiler

#2738 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

you were right that big fight was the shit!!!!!!!! one of the best final battles ive seen in a movie in a long time im glad i didnt skip the movie because of the boring stuff. quick question about the end though how was it the guy

Spoiler

One theory is that
Spoiler

#2739 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

One theory is that

Spoiler

some kind of devine help to stop the hell that would have come if that guy had made it to where he was going? thats cool oddly enough when i saw the guy i kept thinking about that monkey guy from asian myths.

#2740 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:38 PM

Shark Night 3D- Horrible, Horrible film.

#2741 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

13 Assassins.

Brutally awesome. It was like an hour straight of sword fighting towards the end. I thought some of the scenes of 1-2 guys fighting a crowd of 20 was a bit too unrealistically handled though, lol.

Edited by panzerfaust, 10 September 2011 - 10:50 PM.

UjCoyFa.png

#2742 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

I guess I gotta see this.

Edit: Priest = fucking horrible

Edited by VipFREAK, 10 September 2011 - 11:50 PM.

Trade List

#2743 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:20 AM

Disturbia

brb stalking my neighborhood forever.

#2744 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:31 AM

Hanna - Good stuff! It was a blind buy for me on blu ray because I've heard great things and The Chemical Brothers did the score. I wasn't disappointed at all.

#2745 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:03 AM

Gran Torino

Sonovafuck, that movie was nothing like what I thought it was gonna be.
Still great, though.

#2746 Solid Kilvas

Solid Kilvas

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

Paycheck

It wasn't a great film, but still very enjoyable to watch the plot unfold.
Posted Image

#2747 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:57 PM

I Saw the Devil - I've never been a huge fan of Korean films, but this movie is really good. One of the best thrillers/revenge films I've ever seen.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#2748 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

Gran Torino

Sonovafuck, that movie was nothing like what I thought it was gonna be.
Still great, though.

yeah they didnt advertise that flick properly because i had one idea of what itd be like going in but was blown away by what it was really like. easily one of my top 5 eastwood flicks.

#2749 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:32 PM

The Good, Bad, Ugly.

I fell asleep after watching 3/4 of the movie, but from what I saw it was pretty good. Mostly due to Clint Eastwood and the music.

#2750 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:37 PM

Not a movie but its on Netflix and should be seen - The Vice Guide to Travel

At least watch the Liberia episode. Some Fallout, end of times shit come to life. I literally played some New Vegas after that episode and thought, "This isn't so bad" while wandering the wastelands.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2751 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

Finally saw Paul. Fun movie, I liked the special effects, considering it was a nice experiment in CGI. Maybe they should've used a puppet instead with the monster magic touches, ah movies these days.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#2752 Wolfpacleader1986

Wolfpacleader1986

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:49 AM

I just saw Silkwood. That movie is awesome! It really does a great job of telling the story and keeps you interested.

#2753 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:23 AM

Hanna -- pretty fun movie, glad it wasn't what I expected. Awesome soundtrack and well choreographed action scenes. Ending was a bit lame though IMO.

UjCoyFa.png

#2754 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:37 AM

Freddy Vs Jason.

Finally got around to watching it and I liked it a lot.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#2755 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

yeah they didnt advertise that flick properly because i had one idea of what itd be like going in but was blown away by what it was really like. easily one of my top 5 eastwood flicks.

Was strange watching that at the theater. You'd naturally laugh at the jokes, but stop yourself because the audience didn't want to offend eachother, lol. Was a guy in the theater when I saw it who cackled like crazy at all the racist jokes and it was kind of uncomfortable.

Excellent movie though. Mainly because of all the unknown actors that played the kids doing such an awesome job. The part where
Spoiler
was tough to watch, even though it wasn't particularly dramatic by normal movie moment standards. Just great directing.

#2756 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

Zodiac

Being rather interested in the Zodiac case myself, I thought I'd treat myself to this just to renew my interest in one of my, if not absolute, favorite Serial Killers of all time.
It took me 2 entire days to will myself to watch it all. Not bad, but not great.
Typical mystery movie in my honest opinion.

#2757 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:42 AM

Love David Fincher movies, but Zodiac was too long. Hate to say it (not being a Spike Lee fan at all), but it just made me appreciate Summer Of Sam more. That movie just capture what it must have been like to live through that scare so much better.

#2758 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

Was strange watching that at the theater. You'd naturally laugh at the jokes, but stop yourself because the audience didn't want to offend eachother, lol. Was a guy in the theater when I saw it who cackled like crazy at all the racist jokes and it was kind of uncomfortable.

Excellent movie though. Mainly because of all the unknown actors that played the kids doing such an awesome job. The part where

Spoiler
was tough to watch, even though it wasn't particularly dramatic by normal movie moment standards. Just great directing.

that was a rough bit especially since one of the ones responsible was her cousin. awesome ending though never saw it coming.

#2759 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

Shutter Island

Yeah, I got something totally different than what I expected with this too.
I expected less insanity and more creepy shit, instead all I got was an evening remembering my crazy aunt that's been wrecking havoc on my family for the last 10 years. Fuck All in all, not bad.

Insomnia

Impressive, to say the least. The whole collaborating with the enemy shtick was applied perfectly.

Edited by Oaxan, 14 September 2011 - 01:02 AM.

#2760 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:51 PM

Feast - Not sure what to say about it :lol:

Got the 2nd and 3rd movies so looking forward to watching those.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!