Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7977 replies to this topic

#2911 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

The Big Lewboski! Finally got around to watching it on Netflix. I guess Swingers is next!

i need to watch lebowski as well ive always been curiious what the hype was all about. swingers is an awesome film.

#2912 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

i need to watch lebowski as well ive always been curiious what the hype was all about. swingers is an awesome film.

Swingers x10. The Big Lebowski is hilarious and incredibly re watchable.

#2913 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith.

This one I actually really like. There's some crummy dialogue here and there, but overall it's pretty damn good IMO. Only semi-major flaw is Anakin's fall feels a bit abrupt, but that's more a fault of them wasting so much time on pointless crap in the first two prequels.

Again, the prequel trilogy could have been much better if they'd combined the first two movie's plots into one, and spent two movies on the clone wars and Anakin's fall.

But overall, they got it mostly right in this last one IMO and it's the one of the prequels worthy of the Star Wars name.

The novelization does an absolutely fantastic job at portraying Anakin's fall. I don't know how they could've put the stuff from the book in movie form but it's worth a read. I don't want to give away the stuff that goes into it but it's chilling and supremely tragic as it unfolds.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2914 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

Forgot to mention that Episode 3 looked amazing on Bluray. The first to looked good, but the 3rd is among the best looking blurays I've seen.

Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope.

Great movie and looked very good on Blu for an older movie. Seemed like they tweaked the Greedo scene again and now they shoot at the same time. Definitely better than in the original SE version where Greedo learly shot first.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2915 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix and The Half Blood Prince

Didn't manage to start Deathly Hallows Part 1 last night, I pissed around all day and wound up passing out right after The Half Blood Prince was over.

#2916 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

Surprised you didn't pass out during Half Blood Prince.

Also saw Drive yesterday. I was highly impressed. I've been hesitant to watch not very popular movies that get high praise ever since the highly overrated No Country For Old Men, but I was highly impressed with Drive. Easily the best movie I've seen so far this year.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#2917 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:17 PM

Hard Boiled - 9.0

Awesome action and a chilling soundtrack but I thought the story was a bit weak.

#2918 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

I like all the Harry Potter movies personally. The books are better, but all the movies were good IMO. Certainly didn't find any of them boring. But to each their own and all that.

I never read the books, to which everyone always tells me that's why I don't enjoy the movies.

But to that I say if I have to read the book to enjoy the movie, then it's not a very good movie. A good movie can stand on it's own.

#2919 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:27 PM

I saw and enjoyed the first 3 movies before I read the books.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2920 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

I thought those 3 were okay. I really started finding them un-enjoyable after Goblet of Fire. Seemed like too much nothing was happening.

#2921 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

Panda Go Panda!

It was a laugh, some good old classic anime

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#2922 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

Scream
The Thing(1982)
Creepshow
Stake Land
Dylan Dog- I was expecting this to be a fun B movie, but it was just bad. It took itself too seriously at times,had awful special effects and the sidekick was extremely annoying. Not worth the redbox rental.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre(1974)
Maniac

#2923 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

Megan Is Missing

It's on Netflix and when it's over it just leaves you with that horrible feeling. I think it was good, but damn.

#2924 Techman16

Techman16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:57 PM

The expendables

#2925 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

Paranormal Activity 2

Can't decide if it or the first one was a bigger waste of time.

#2926 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:32 PM

Paranormal Activity 2

Can't decide if it or the first one was a bigger waste of time.

If the first was a waste of time, why bother with the second? I didn't like the first so I won't watch the second or third.

#2927 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

If the first was a waste of time, why bother with the second? I didn't like the first so I won't watch the second or third.

It's on Netflix, and I'm willing to give really anything a chance. I don't like to make opinions on movies without watching them. I like to be informed when hating on a movie :lol:

Plus there was always that off chance it could be better than the first :-P

#2928 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:19 AM

The Adjustment Bureau.

It was ok, better than I was expecting from the reviews.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2929 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:19 AM

I checked out District 9 because someone else here said it was good. It was better than E.T and Transformers...

9.5/10

#2930 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:03 AM

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.

Great as always, and looked damn good on Blu.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2931 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:05 AM

Timecrimes

If you like weird time-travel shit like Primer, you will likely enjoy this one.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#2932 evantrees

evantrees

rejection and peace tiramisu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

went to a free screening for a "secret" movie, turned out to be
Young Adult. Was quite good, funny and or awkward at times, would not be surprised at all if there was an oscar nomination or two related to it. Another Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody film no it's not more teenagers. Don't see too many main characters so unlikable particularly female, she pulled it off damn well, and Patton Oswalt was great.
watched a bit ago

green lantern - bit better than expected damn low expectations though. Felt a bit rushed. Sigh at the ending and his mask looked ridiculous.

#2933 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

Saw Moneyball last night. Thought it was just okay. Enjoyable but slow and no real payoff.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#2934 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

Real Steel

It had actually depth to it, which was surprising. I expected it to be a brainless robot beat'em up.

SteamWidget.PNG

#2935 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:42 AM

Watching Cronos on Blu-Ray that I got from Blockbuster Total Access as part of my horror movie madness for Oct. Will try and update once I'm done.

To anyone who owns the blur-ray/seen the film, are there English Subtitles on the Criterion disc for the English only parts - such as when Ron Perlman speaks?

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#2936 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:59 AM

I saw Killer Elite about a week ago and loved it. It was way better than I expected it to be.

#2937 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

The Adjustment Bureau.

It was ok, better than I was expecting from the reviews.

My reaction before and after was just the opposite. The preview I saw must've been really early, because it didn't refer to the girl at all. So in watching I was overwhelmed by the "romance against the odds" thing. That's a shitty surprise when you're expecting scifi or scifi thriller.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2938 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

Real Steel

It had actually depth to it, which was surprising. I expected it to be a brainless robot beat'em up.

That's what I expected too. I feel like they shouldn't have advertised it that way.

#2939 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Pulp Fiction on blu ray. Still my favorite movie of all time.
Just got The Crow so probably gonna watch it sometime this month.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#2940 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

My reaction before and after was just the opposite. The preview I saw must've been really early, because it didn't refer to the girl at all. So in watching I was overwhelmed by the "romance against the odds" thing. That's a shitty surprise when you're expecting scifi or scifi thriller.

Well, I said reviews rather than previews. But yeah, you must have just saw an early teaser as the full trailer made it pretty clear it was a love story.

The Lincoln Lawyer. It was ok, I read the book recently so any suspense was lost on me. But it was well done with strong performances.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection