Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXII (B1G1 50% off on all used games!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4296 replies to this topic

#4291 J7.

J7.

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

I just submitted 2 Super Monkeys after seeing it went up thanks to you guys! Do I have to print the shipping label for eztradein right after submitting or is there a way to print it out later? Edit: I see they sent an email with a link to print the shipping label there too it looks like. It's weird though, they sent 2 emails, 1 for each monkey game even though I submitted it as two for quantity and the shipping label in each email looks the same wth... Don't know whether to ship them together or not.

#4292 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:32 AM

Oh now your previous post makes even more sense, I see. Damnit so I missed out on Beatles by 1 day!

Well they'll be worth another look if the B1G1 comes true

#4293 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:49 AM

I just submitted 2 Super Monkeys after seeing it went up thanks to you guys! Do I have to print the shipping label for eztradein right after submitting or is there a way to print it out later? Edit: I see they sent an email with a link to print the shipping label there too it looks like. It's weird though, they sent 2 emails, 1 for each monkey game even though I submitted it as two for quantity and the shipping label in each email looks the same wth... Don't know whether to ship them together or not.

If you submit 11 games you get, you guessed it, 11 emails. It just confirms every copy. You mail them in one box together and then put the shipping manifest in the package, then use the provided label. The shipping label looks the same because it is :)

Posted Image

#4294 io

io

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:03 AM

Let's keep the Best Buy/Dealtree trade-in talk out of this thread, please. If you have questions about it, post them in the thread for that deal.

Actually, if you back and read TheAnomaly's post, that's not what he said. He said the b1g1 starts after this current sale and runs until early July. He was right when he gave us a heads up on May 15 that the current sale would start on the 18th (even though he got some of the details wrong), so I'm holding out hope that he's right about the b1g1 returning.

he was right about it, so lets give him a little credit

We'll see... The details were certainly wrong - it was not a B1G1 on $30+ games. If the regular B1G1 returns right on the heels of the B1G1 50% off deal on June 8th, then he'll get credit ;). But I wasn't even really referring to that post. Other people had said there was a B1G1 last year in June/July and assumed that meant there would be another this year. That's what I was talking about - I had completely forgotten TheAnomaly's post or just set it aside in my mind since it wasn't a B1G1 $30+ sale that happened...

In any case, I went to a store that was CHOCK full of awesome games. I had hit this one up twice during the B1G1 and it was a goldmine then. They had tons more of the formerly good B1G1 games - including many more copies than I had seen before. They had clearly been restocked to the gills which is just odd. In any case, I was able to get Wii and PS3 Beatles RB and 2 x TSM. If only I could have gotten to this store when the glitch was ongoing. The only problem is that the manager of this store is pretty sharp (she used to manage my rinky-dink local store but they promoted her) so she probably would have looked into it and had it corrected pretty quickly with the "system reset" (as even the guy at my local store did that).

But if there is another B1G1 I know where I'm going day 1 ;). My son is still begging me for a PS3 copy of Avatar and this is one of the few stores that I've seen with it. It is still $19.99 and I was sorely tempted to get that with God of War Collection for $30 total with the current deal, but that is still a bit too high. I'm hoping those both drop to $14.99 by the B1G1...

Oh yeah, this was my first store credit purchase in several months! I had traded 2 copies of SMG 2 (my cheap Amazon ECA + $20 coupon one and my GS $20 coupon one) to get myself $80 on an old empty Value card I had sitting in a drawer. Of course, I blew over half of that already today, but considering the potential return on what I got that's cool.

#4295 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:22 AM

We'll see... The details were certainly wrong - it was not a B1G1 on $30+ games. If the regular B1G1 returns right on the heels of the B1G1 50% off deal on June 8th, then he'll get credit ;). But I wasn't even really referring to that post. Other people had said there was a B1G1 last year in June/July and assumed that meant there would be another this year. That's what I was talking about - I had completely forgotten TheAnomaly's post or just set it aside in my mind since it wasn't a B1G1 $30+ sale that happened...

Oh, I think he gets a lot of credit. Had he not mentioned that sale early, none of us would have gone to check on it day one and been able to take advantage of the early bird glitch.

#4296 io

io

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:32 AM

Oh, I think he gets a lot of credit. Had he not mentioned that sale early, none of us would have gone to check on it day one and been able to take advantage of the early bird glitch.

OK, I found more of the history - see below. While I believe that TheAnomaly read this comm and it was probably as he said, it was clearly early info and they changed their minds about the sale. So any info on the follow-on sale (return of regular B1G1) is even more out of date. It could happen, but is no sure thing. I'd actually prefer it come a little later in the summer when there have been a few more conversions and price drops.

It was in a document from my DM, and I'm pretty sure it came from someone above him since nothing was misspelled.

Other highlights include preorders for Twilight: Eclipse starting in September. Shoot me now.

from what i was able to discern from our horribly put together box office (communication tool) there is going to be a b1 g1 50% off sale. i dont know much else since the info is so poorly put together. it looks like it might start tomorrow. it doesnt say if all games will be part of the sale (i'm assuming it will be) but i dunno.

i definitely know its NOT going to be a b1g1 with different price points though. i should know more tomorrow. there are supposed to be endcaps with the signage but i just dont know when this is going to start. calling stores wont do any good since i can pretty much guarantee nobody is going to know about this if it starts tomorrow.

See, hawaiiboy nailed it (albeit just the night before and TheAnomaly's info at least gave us a few more days as a head's up that something was coming). But I'd say it is hawaiiboy's more concrete info that got people out to the stores that day ;). Of course, I welcome any advance info TheAnomaly is able to provide, too, in the future!

#4297 io

io

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:31 AM

New thread:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=262885

:whee: