Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXII (B1G1 50% off on all used games!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4296 replies to this topic

#61 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:26 AM

I'm tellin' ya, the best thing going at BBV right now is the 2 12-packs of Coke products for $7 deal. That is $3.50 a 12-pack which isn't all that great on it's surface. But BBV's POS being what it is, they do not have a way to charge for the 5 cent per can deposit. So here, at least, I save 60 cents on each 12-pack, making them the equivalent of $2.90 at a place like Safeway or Target. Now that just can't be beat, especially if you use cheap Rock Revolution credit to buy them

yeah, they are supposed to have a bar code to scan for the deposit but of all the stores i've worked at half of them use them and the other half dont so looks like u lucked out.

#62 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:35 AM

Yeah, I bought a 6-pack once or twice at one of my local BBV's, just because I had credit to burn, and the cashier did scan a barcode 6 times to charge the extra 10 cent MI deposit. So getting it deposit-free is a big YMMV, cashier/manager error, I would say. But if you have a store that consistantly lets you do it, hey, that's awesome.

#63 io

io

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:12 AM

yeah, they are supposed to have a bar code to scan for the deposit but of all the stores i've worked at half of them use them and the other half dont so looks like u lucked out.

Ah, I did not realize they had another bar code. They did finally find the bar code to scan for the 98 cent discount (as they ring up $3.99 each before the promo). I suppose it is probably on the same sheet but he just didn't look for it. At least the BBV clerk cluelessness helped me out in this case. This was the same guy who had no idea what I was talking about with the POG games and wouldn't know how to look them up at other stores so I didn't even bother with all that. So at least I saved a couple bucks on can deposits instead ;).

#64 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

Apparently, Blockbuster isn't going to be outdone by RedBox, as I saw a rental kiosk at a local Kmart the other day. Kind of shocking to see one of these in MY area, since I wouldn't think my area would be a good test market.

They look very similar to the RedBox ones, just with the big old Blockbuster ticket logo on it.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#65 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:42 PM

Apparently, Blockbuster isn't going to be outdone by RedBox, as I saw a rental kiosk at a local Kmart the other day. Kind of shocking to see one of these in MY area, since I wouldn't think my area would be a good test market.

They look very similar to the RedBox ones, just with the big old Blockbuster ticket logo on it.

BBV = Always late to the Formal and goes home crying when no one wants to dance with her anymore :)
Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.

#66 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:51 PM

red boxes are everywhere now it's only $1 to rent per day I see them flooded at every walmart, savemart I go to

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#67 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:15 PM

Price change effective 11/23.

PS3 and X360 terminator salvation $9.99

sadly unless they spring it on us last minute there is no b1g1 sale next week. Looks like business as usual. No black Friday deals or anything. We are opening early black Friday but nothing to lure any customers. Typical Bbv.

#68 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

LOL, weak. Only bother with this if you're an achievement collector, you can finish the game in an afternoon.

#69 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:17 PM

Why exactly would BBV open early with no deals? Will there really be a big push for early morning rentals?

#70 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

Why exactly would BBV open early with no deals? Will there really be a big push for early morning rentals?

I guess its because they know people will be up and about in the early morning so they are trying to catch some strip mall traffic?

#71 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

sadly unless they spring it on us last minute there is no b1g1 sale next week. Looks like business as usual. No black Friday deals or anything. We are opening early black Friday but nothing to lure any customers. Typical Bbv.

:cry: I guess I'll just stick with the only 2 HWVs left in my area for BF flipping.

To ATTEMPT to get off the snuggie subject and back on topic, here's a juicy new TIV for you all:

:360: GI Joe -- $19
Available at (some) Target clearance for $12.48, or less after coupon. See the Target thread for details...

Thanks. With no B1G1 in sight, I'll probably use the credit from GI Joe to pick up some cheap points cards.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#72 io

io

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:47 AM

Dammit, that really sucks. I just scoped out my local store and they have 3 Terminator Salvation too (2 x 360, 1 x PS3). They also have a TON of $14.99 and under stuff. I think they did a massive rental conversion because they have 2 Wii Music they never had before along with a Mario Super Sluggers, and tons of other stuff. I noticed Scribblenauts is just $19.99 used so look for that to be $14.99 in a few months.

Of course still none of these mythical POGs anywhere in sight around here.

I may just go ahead and buy a few of the $9.99 things anyway even without B1G1, though that will be painful considering I only have $7 in credit right now. And I can't keep trading Rock Revolution for $4 to my local store ;). Are there really no good trade-ins at BBV now? I see mention of some GI Joe game which is moot for me since I have no idea where to get that cheap (if it is Target, I've never once seen it on clearance there at any price point and I've been looking a lot recently with those $10 off coupons!).

#73 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:35 AM

I may just go ahead and buy a few of the $9.99 things anyway even without B1G1, though that will be painful considering I only have $7 in credit right now. And I can't keep trading Rock Revolution for $4 to my local store ;). Are there really no good trade-ins at BBV now? I see mention of some GI Joe game which is moot for me since I have no idea where to get that cheap (if it is Target, I've never once seen it on clearance there at any price point and I've been looking a lot recently with those $10 off coupons!).

Yeah. GI Joe is on clearance at Target. The thing is that it dropped to $12.48 about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised if it was taken out of their system on Monday. Out of all the Targets that I checked this week, I only found 3 copies.

I checked both of the "Game Rush" BBVs in my area and there were no POGs to be found.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#74 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:30 AM

When does the price change to $9.99 take effect for PV copies of the original Uncharted? I tried one of my local BBV stores last night before heading up a buddy of mine's house and the manager on duty(a rude, loud type who kept drilling me on where I got my info on the drop to $10)and he said the price was still $19.99 in the system.

Then again, this store didn't have any copies on the shelf as PV anyway and I'd have had to buy one out of their store stock for the $1.99 one night rental PLUS pay the $19.99 pricetag.

Posted Image

#75 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:51 PM

That uncharted reprice was done on 11/16 and it was $9.99 because I sold it. (to myself)

#76 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:50 PM

When does the price change to $9.99 take effect for PV copies of the original Uncharted? I tried one of my local BBV stores last night before heading up a buddy of mine's house and the manager on duty(a rude, loud type who kept drilling me on where I got my info on the drop to $10)and he said the price was still $19.99 in the system.

Then again, this store didn't have any copies on the shelf as PV anyway and I'd have had to buy one out of their store stock for the $1.99 one night rental PLUS pay the $19.99 pricetag.

$19.99 is the new price. They seem to get that mixed up sometimes. When they do that be sure to ask if it is the used price and not the new price.

#77 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:30 PM

That uncharted reprice was done on 11/16 and it was $9.99 because I sold it. (to myself)

Well then, I know where I'm going this afternoon then. Hopefully the same manager isn't working though, as he was just loud and rude.

Then again, I guess he still doesn't like me ever since the one time I asked them to combine the 4-6 Value cards I had(back when BBV gave decent values, that is)and the system ended up using about $20 of my credit on the next person's transaction.

That whole fiasco is what kinda put me off Blockbuster trade-ins(well besides the totally shit values anymore, that is).

Posted Image

#78 safire

safire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:30 PM

Made a nice flip today. Picked up Wolverine at Target for $9.98 after coupon and traded it into BBV for $17 credit. Was able to pick up Beautiful Katamari and Fallout 3 as disc-only POG or whatever they are for 9.99 each. So each game came out to $6.50 (horay).

Also I was quoted $15 for Guitar Hero Metallica, which is also $9.98 at my local Target after coupon. Not quite as strong a flip as GI Joe nor Wolverine but worth noting anyway.
I'm attempting to sell some rarities:

-SCPH-1110 (aka sony ps1 flightstick)
-R4 box with Jogcon controller and t-shirt (JP)
-Earthbound, complete

#79 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:43 PM

Made a nice flip today. Picked up Wolverine at Target for $9.98 after coupon and traded it into BBV for $17 credit. Was able to pick up Beautiful Katamari and Fallout 3 as disc-only POG or whatever they are for 9.99 each. So each game came out to $6.50 (horay).

I actually bought a complete copy of Beautiful Katamari for $6.99 at BB a while ago :)

#80 skater11392003

skater11392003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:06 PM

Beautiful Katamari? for which system?: 360,ps3,ps2?

#81 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

Beautiful Katamari is for 360 only. And it is 6.99 for the non POG game.

#82 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:12 PM

Yay, finally found some good POGs. Fallout 3, RE5 & Midnight Club LA all 360. The only other thing of note they had was Saints Row 2. I've never really been interested in RE5, but I just couldn't pass up this price. And I've been waiting to fine the other 2 for cheap.

#83 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:37 PM

Tag

Nothing to see here, move along!

#84 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:19 AM

BBV B1G1 starts on Friday. I haven't seen any Communications Update that says it, but both my Assistant Store Manager and my coworker say they read something that states that it starts on Friday. I asked my coworker if he could find the communications update that says the sale starts on friday and he said he'll try to get it before he closes tonight. I'll update this if I get more info.

#85 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:32 AM

BBV B1G1 starts on Friday. I haven't seen any Communications Update that says it, but both my Assistant Store Manager and my coworker say they read something that states that it starts on Friday. I asked my coworker if he could find the communications update that says the sale starts on friday and he said he'll try to get it before he closes tonight. I'll update this if I get more info.

Cool! On a related note, I saw that Far Cry 2 (360) is $14.99.

#86 safire

safire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:28 AM

Sweetness. Maybe I should run out and pick up more Wolverine trades...
I'm attempting to sell some rarities:

-SCPH-1110 (aka sony ps1 flightstick)
-R4 box with Jogcon controller and t-shirt (JP)
-Earthbound, complete

#87 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:22 PM

Some quality new stuff that would qualify
:360:
Civilization Revolution - 9.99
SW: TFU - 9.99
:wii:
LoZ: TP 14.99

#88 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:04 AM

So is B1G1 a go for Friday?

#89 mistymayem

mistymayem

I like video games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:49 AM

I saw a copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl for 14.99.
:360::bouncy:

#90 J7.

J7.

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:53 AM

B1G1 on Friday is only for <$15 as past ones?