Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXII (B1G1 50% off on all used games!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4296 replies to this topic

#1051 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:55 PM

PS3 rogue warrior tiv down to $17 so no longer a close 1:1 flip. X360 version is still at $22.

Thanks for that info Hawaiiboy, I actually planned on calling to find that out.

#1052 evfan_77

evfan_77

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

Picked up Brutal Legend and Terminator Salvation at the BBV in Madison, Ohio for 9.99 each. The cases, manuals, and discs were all in excellent condition... just wish it had been a B1G1. lol

#1053 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

terminator salvation is the worst game i have ever played, and easiest platinum i ever got.

i saw afro samurai ps3 and prince of persia 360 for 9.99 today in nc

#1054 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:05 AM

I also saw the god of war collection used at bb for 19.99

#1055 CyReN

CyReN

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:43 AM

Found out my store is closing, anybody know what kind of deals they usually have? I know there having one.

#1056 dynasty1558

dynasty1558

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:01 AM

Does anyone know the trade in value for assassins creed 2? Thanks

#1057 exileinoblivion

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:39 AM

To the person that said there weren't really any blu rays worth noting that hit the 6.99 price I can say that there are two great movies at that price. Both Sunshine Cleaning and The Visitor are only 6.99

#1058 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:29 AM

Just noticed what has to be a pricing error for Avatar on blu-ray. It comes out 4-22 and it's ringing up at $19.99 and the used price is showing at $29.99. I pre ordered 2 copies today to make sure I lock in the $19.99 price.

#1059 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:45 AM

Just noticed what has to be a pricing error for Avatar on blu-ray. It comes out 4-22 and it's ringing up at $19.99 and the used price is showing at $29.99. I pre ordered 2 copies today to make sure I lock in the $19.99 price.

How does that work? Do you pre-order in-store and pay the full $19.99?

#1060 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:28 AM

thanks, i'll try to put a preorder down on this mofo.

#1061 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:49 AM

How does that work? Do you pre-order in-store and pay the full $19.99?

as long as you put $5 down it should lock in the $19.99 price.

now that they finally dropped the price of used blu-rays i dont see why the 4 for $20 for titles $9.99 and under which they have for regular pvd's wouldnt work for blu-ray titles. there is nothing in the bar code that differentiates it from a regular dvd. i'm gonna try it on sunday when i work again and see. it someone else wants to try it before then and report back that would work too. (they wont be too happy if it doesnt work and they have to credit it off but oh well) the csr is gonna tell you they dont work for blu-rays but its an auto barcode so as long as all 4 titles are $9.99 or under it will automatically give you the deal after they hit the total key.

#1062 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:59 AM

I can't find the thread now, but I saw something the other day about a $10 minimum trade in deal at Blockbuster/Gamerush. Is this something that is currently going on or just an old thread getting bumped?

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#1063 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

now that they finally dropped the price of used blu-rays i dont see why the 4 for $20 for titles $9.99 and under which they have for regular pvd's wouldnt work for blu-ray titles. there is nothing in the bar code that differentiates it from a regular dvd. i'm gonna try it on sunday when i work again and see. it someone else wants to try it before then and report back that would work too. (they wont be too happy if it doesnt work and they have to credit it off but oh well) the csr is gonna tell you they dont work for blu-rays but its an auto barcode so as long as all 4 titles are $9.99 or under it will automatically give you the deal after they hit the total key.

A guy was buying a load as I was putting the repriced blu-rays back out, I tried scanning a bunch just to see if anything would pop up(and then try to fix best for him afterwards), but nothing happened. He got 180 worth, 30 for a new blu-ray the other 150 were all used ones.

Edited by Vortextk, 12 March 2010 - 01:32 PM.

#1064 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:30 PM

I tried this at 2 different stores, and the employees told me it only applies to DVDs, and wouldn't even attempt to ring up the 4/$20 code.
dont hate the player or the game just hate your salf

#1065 Stingermck

Stingermck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:32 PM

I tried this at 2 different stores, and the employees told me it only applies to DVDs, and wouldn't even attempt to ring up the 4/$20 code.

Same here, he tried it and the comp wouldnt let him.

#1066 ps360gamer

ps360gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:17 PM

FYI, don't know if this should go here or not. However, many Blockbuster stores will be shutting there doors in the coming months wouldn't be surprised if all don't shut in the next few months. Be on the lookout for closing stores. I was at my local one which will be closing and the sales associate told me to hold off on used games as they will be 60% off during clearance. He also told me that the game inventories at most stores will be put on sale with the exception of newer titles. Just be on the lookout for good deal during this time.

#1067 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

U won't find many good deals on games at closing stores since they start at 10% off and they are the last thing to get discounted to 20%, 30% etc. They get discounted the slowest but sell the fastest as the normal consumer will think they are getting a "deal."

#1068 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

FYI, don't know if this should go here or not. However, many Blockbuster stores will be shutting there doors in the coming months wouldn't be surprised if all don't shut in the next few months. Be on the lookout for closing stores. I was at my local one which will be closing and the sales associate told me to hold off on used games as they will be 60% off during clearance. He also told me that the game inventories at most stores will be put on sale with the exception of newer titles. Just be on the lookout for good deal during this time.

The store off of GB Highway in Dallas/Garland is closing, but the good stuff was actually sent to the better stores... since there are stores just right around the corner. It's almost a new store (newish), but it is in one of the worst locations.

Unfortunately, the stuff started at 10% off and probably wont be marked down until they close, at which point they will send it all off. Most stores in this district dont turn a huge profit, but Im expecting my closest store to stay because they have one the highest profit margins. I wonder, if they do fold... how that will effect the rental release contracts with certain companies that give them a 30 day exclusive.

#1069 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:42 PM

Do closing stores still honor store credit?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1070 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:59 PM

The store off of GB Highway in Dallas/Garland is closing, but the good stuff was actually sent to the better stores... since there are stores just right around the corner. It's almost a new store (newish), but it is in one of the worst locations.

That's kind of like the one that used to be a few miles from here. It was actually one of the new-style modern stores, really huge. It was only there about a year before it shut down. Location-wise, it wasn't bad. Really good area, right off of the main road right by Walmart. Strangely, there are no other video stores in the immediate area.

I went there one time, before moving to the area, and found a ton of good stuff. A few months later, I went back again and it was gone. Now the closest one is a small, old-style store that is 15 miles from here.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1071 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

Thanks. I'll pre-order it this evening.

#1072 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

Thanks. I'll pre-order it this evening.

I wonder if this will be the lowest price...very popular title might entice a lil pricing battle with the big boxes...

#1073 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

I wonder if this will be the lowest price...very popular title might entice a lil pricing battle with the big boxes...

We can always cancel the pre-order if there's a better deal, since we get to see the ads ahead of time.

#1074 Denzalo

Denzalo

The Stampede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:47 PM

Picked up :ps3: Street Fighter IV for $19.99... Haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else..

Sad though, he couldn't find the manual :(

They had a couple of the Prince of Persia (08).. This any good? $10 might be worth a look...

Denzalo.png

#1075 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

Picked up :ps3: Street Fighter IV for $19.99... Haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else..

Sad though, he couldn't find the manual :(

They had a couple of the Prince of Persia (08).. This any good? $10 might be worth a look...

Used? if so, that one used to be $14.99...

#1076 Denzalo

Denzalo

The Stampede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

Meh, yeah used.. I have 30 days to return it anyways.. It was literally the last copy they had in the store.

If you were talking about SF4 anyways

Denzalo.png

#1077 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:21 PM

I can't find the thread now, but I saw something the other day about a $10 minimum trade in deal at Blockbuster/Gamerush. Is this something that is currently going on or just an old thread getting bumped?

Anyone know about this?

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#1078 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

Anyone know about this?

Last day I worked was monday and the only deal I know if is the regular trade in 2 new games and get a pre-ordered game for 10 bucks.

#1079 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:26 PM

Found out my store is closing, anybody know what kind of deals they usually have? I know there having one.

Usually it's pretty sucky until the last week or two. Somewhere during the last week the used games drop to 60-70% off and the new drop to 50%. At that point though, it's slim pickings. Last BBV that closed near me did have several copies of Street Fighter IV, a couple other random 360 and PS3 titles, and some new DS games on the last day of opening. My friend got a new copy of Singstar with mics for $12.50

It's a much better time to pick up DVDs than games. Those ridiculously overstocked titles they have (50+ copies of The Spirit, etc.) are almost always there on the last day when DVDs drop to $1. All you have to do is get there before the resellers come and buy up all the stock.

#1080 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:38 AM

Usually it's pretty sucky until the last week or two. Somewhere during the last week the used games drop to 60-70% off and the new drop to 50%. At that point though, it's slim pickings. Last BBV that closed near me did have several copies of Street Fighter IV, a couple other random 360 and PS3 titles, and some new DS games on the last day of opening. My friend got a new copy of Singstar with mics for $12.50

It's a much better time to pick up DVDs than games. Those ridiculously overstocked titles they have (50+ copies of The Spirit, etc.) are almost always there on the last day when DVDs drop to $1. All you have to do is get there before the resellers come and buy up all the stock.

I agree with you. Had 2 stores close near me in January. Now that I know it operates, I'm more prepared for the next closing.

If you see a great deal on a PS3 or Xbox game, grab it. It more than likely won't be there the next week (the next % drop). Both stores were cleaned out when games hit 20% off (especially PS3 games). People will buy anything with a % mark on it. A lot of the games could have been bought brand new a lot cheaper than their "reduced" price. I also noticed at both stores a lot of "shady" things going on (reduced price stickers peeled off to show a higher price, etc).

Also, it seems some closing stores get shipments in from some warehouse. Fellow CAG JDawgg76 and I noticed this at a local BBV. These DVD's and games that came in were brand new and didn't have a scratch on them (possible overstock?). They were new because I almost broke 2 getting them out of the case. You just have to check every week.

However, if you're a lover of Horror, B-Movies and accessories/toys, a closing store can be a goldmine. Especially the last week before shutting down.

Edited by Space Cowboy YGI, 13 March 2010 - 02:49 AM.

Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.