Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXII (B1G1 50% off on all used games!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4296 replies to this topic

#151 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:20 AM

it requires a flier that has 2 barcodes to scan so this will be ymmv if stores will let you use it. like i suggested just say my cousin or whoever gave me a friends and family flier but i lost it. they will have fliers around its just a matter of if they will accept that excuse. this shouldnt be public knowledge so if u sound like u know what ur talking about they might go for it.

sorry no go as far as scanning it.

#152 safire

safire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:34 AM

Keeping the hope alive for a late december/early january b1g1...
I'm attempting to sell some rarities:

-SCPH-1110 (aka sony ps1 flightstick)
-R4 box with Jogcon controller and t-shirt (JP)
-Earthbound, complete

#153 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:24 AM

Thanks for the heads up. It's a shame we can't get a scan, but if they have some kind of unique code (or address or whatever) that ties it back to you or your specific store, then that makes perfect sense why you can't.

Thanks!

#154 TheAnomaly

TheAnomaly

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:27 AM

it requires a flier that has 2 barcodes to scan so this will be ymmv if stores will let you use it. like i suggested just say my cousin or whoever gave me a friends and family flier but i lost it. they will have fliers around its just a matter of if they will accept that excuse. this shouldnt be public knowledge so if u sound like u know what ur talking about they might go for it.

If you're gonna try, you'd better know at least one of the employees names (and hope they aren't working that day).

#155 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:41 AM

the employee doesnt have to be from the same store. all bbvs are doing this.

#156 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

Awesome. I'm going to give it a shot on Friday after work.
Posted Image

#157 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

So has anyone seen these fliers in store?

#158 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:04 PM

So does this mean that if you already have a BBV account, you can't take advantage of the discount?

#159 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:55 PM

i have. :)

its not something that will be laying around on the counter for everyone to take. i'll be at work tomorrow and see if i can get a pic.

So does this mean that if you already have a BBV account, you can't take advantage of the discount

no. the flier has the discount barcodes on them so this can be rung up on any acct.

#160 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

Someone posted in the Hollywood thread earlier today that they found a used copy of Disgaea 3 (PS3) for $9.99 at their local BB.

Any other reports of this as I haven't picked this game up as of yet ($9.99 is way below my 'magic number' too for this game :D)

Edited by Joe Fongul, 10 December 2009 - 10:38 PM.
typo!

Posted Image

#161 io

io

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:48 AM

That would be an incredible find but I think highly unlikely since I don't think they even carried it for rent (thus no conversions). At least around here they didn't. It would have to be a trade-in I'd think and that would be pretty rare.

#162 Readthepost

Readthepost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:24 PM

i have. :)

its not something that will be laying around on the counter for everyone to take. i'll be at work tomorrow and see if i can get a pic.

no. the flier has the discount barcodes on them so this can be rung up on any acct.

I can confirm the fliers are real, but they are not handed out freely at the store. What I mean is that this "Friends and Family" promo is not like a Gap or Banana Republic "F and F" promo...each employee gets a few fliers to give to their real friends and family.

I asked (who I thought to be) a cool BBV employee for one and he said that he didn't have any more....very uncool.

It would cool if someone could post a picture of the flier.

#163 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:45 PM

I called my local Blockbuster that's going outta biz and is in the midst of liquidation sales. For some reason the % off on games is stuck at 30% for used AND new.

Apparently, the liquidators believe that since it's Christmas season that suckers will buy up everything for MSRP or close without really thinking.

The last time I was there there was TONS of stuff left, so hopefully they have to start raising the % off SOON.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#164 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:28 AM

Picked up a copy of Sega GT 2002 / JSRF: Jet Set Radio Future for $4.99 at my local BBV.

#165 2crappy

2crappy

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:24 AM

I didn't know a sale was coming. I picked up GTA IV (with box/no docs) and Fear 2 (with box/docs) for 9.99. Just picked up Modern Warfare (disc only) for 9.99. Maybe I can return and rebuy. It was only a few days ago.
Posted Image

#166 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:32 PM

Anyone have any success with this?

#167 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:56 PM

I didn't know a sale was coming. I picked up GTA IV (with box/no docs) and Fear 2 (with box/docs) for 9.99. Just picked up Modern Warfare (disc only) for 9.99. Maybe I can return and rebuy. It was only a few days ago.

No returns for cash at Blockbuster and the only way to get a return for credit is if you say the game isn't working. So you're SOL pretty much.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#168 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:11 PM

Anyone have any success with this?

Judging from the lack of posts...

I'm going to look today and will ask about getting 30% off.

#169 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:46 AM

Picked up a copy of Sega GT 2002 / JSRF: Jet Set Radio Future for $4.99 at my local BBV.

I thought they purged out all original xbox games last year. GT 2002 shows its age considering it had issues from the get go, but JSRF is awesome!
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#170 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:56 AM

I thought they purged out all original xbox games last year. GT 2002 shows its age considering it had issues from the get go, but JSRF is awesome!

I still see some old Xbox games here and there at BB, usually just bottom feeder titles. They should just mark 'em all down to 99c and be done with it.

Anyway, didn't find any of these magical 30% off fliers at two different BBs. Shrug. Saw a used Xbox 360 Fallout 3 for $19.99, don't know if that's a new reduction or not. Better price than Gamestop anyway, where its still $24.99. But I know everyone on the planet except me found it at the HWV sale for $5 :(

And I did see new games for sale, just AAA titles though like COD MW2, New SMB, Assassin's Creed II etc.

#171 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:12 AM

I saw Marvel: UA for PS3 for 9.99 at a local BBV. Seemed like a pretty good price as this is a game that seems to refuse to get really cheap.

#172 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:01 AM

Ouch. I got it for .99 a while back at Blockbuster. During a Buy 2 Get 1 sale to boot.

Oh, and Pirates for the 360 dropped to $4.99.
Posted Image

#173 VA

VA

Do my nipples frighten you?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:46 PM

Can anyone confirm whether or not the sale is going on?

#174 osugsxr

osugsxr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:58 PM

the liquidation sale is going on, there are a few in cincinnati that I have seen advertising the sale.

#175 gargus

gargus

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:15 PM

BB with GR is closing (has been closing) in Florence, KY on Turfway Rd right off i75.

The lady told me they werent renewing their lease at that store so the store would be there until early janurary and they get new stuff sent in about everyday from other stores since that one has basically turned into a warehouse sale.

Games are slim pickings but have some periphal stuff and shitload of movies.

#176 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

Anti -Flipper !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:46 PM

For these people getting excited about these Blockbusters closing and having these liquidations, it's excitement wasted....

I had a local Blockbuster that is still in liquidation now 1 month + and its all a sham. They took games from the used bins and marked them back up with the discount applied and DVD's and what not that were used cheap are back up to like $9.99 ..

To me whoever is in charge of liquidating these Blockbusters are worse then the ones who did Circuit City and the whole intention behind these liquidations is to draw the moths to the flame with the "Liquidation" BS.

So go look for yourself and if you actually find something good for cheap awesome but be ready for lots of crap prices.

#177 io

io

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:22 AM

Yep, when one of the stores was closing around here it coincided with a B1G1 sale. Instead of participating in that, they just had 20% off - so in effect the games cost more than at the regular stores.

#178 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:45 AM

It's not like the place is going out of business, -yet-. I can't imagine them marking stuff down to 50-75% off when they could just ship most of it to another store.

Anyway, haven't heard anything about these fliers nor have I gotten one. Just picked up star wars TFU on 360 because employees get an additional 10% for this and I think next week, only christmas bonus I'll be getting =P. 10$, not bad even without any discounts.

#179 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:31 PM

Except when you pay $5 for the same thing at HWV

#180 Chitown021

Chitown021

Blackhawks headed to the finals!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:25 AM

Looks like the second store near our old house is going under (the store off Vivion Rd near Antioch Mall for those of you in KC).
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards