Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXII (B1G1 50% off on all used games!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4296 replies to this topic

#2011 MightySlacker

MightySlacker

RANCH! RANCH! RANCH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

Wow, I can't believe you found so many Sluggers and M&S. I haven't seen a single Sluggers across 5-6 stores so far. They all sold out around Christmas when they dropped to $9.99.

As for a trade thread, no, I've always just allowed that sort of thing to go on in the main thread as an exception to the usual CAG rule. But if you want to make a trade thread I'll link it in the OP.

I'm not allowed to make a thread in the master list subforum.

And I found a store where they weren't marked correctly. Put them towards Infamous, LBP, GoW Collection and Uncharted. I made an instant PS3 collection of about 18 games for 100 bucks. Pretty ecstatic.

Dave
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

#2012 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, editing the lists is a kind of a pain so sometimes when I update a price I forget to remove it from the higher price bracket. I guess I didn't realize Mario & Sonic was on there at all before I found one for $9.99 and updated it the other day, so I didn't remove it from the $14.99 part. But besides, this is the DS version and all the confusion is over the Wii version. Plus if it was the Winter Olympics version I would have said so. I think the Winter Olympics DS game is still $19.99.

Sorry, I didn't mean to toss you under the bus. I appreciate all of the work you do in this thread. I'll check on the DS version of the Winter Olympics this afternoon.

Posted Image

#2013 mrwogs2

mrwogs2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

Picked up a few good titles at my BBV today:

Overlord 360 (complete) - $9.99
Lair (complete) - Free
Tomb Raider Anniversary 360 (complete) - $6.99
Enchanted Arms 360 - Free

I am *still* trying to find Folklore. My BBV didn't have it. Anyone that did willing to trade? There were a lot of good titles at my BBV that I could pick up for you as a trade if you couldn't find what you were looking for.

Thanks!

#2014 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

-I visited four Blockbusters yesterday and all but one was running the B1G1 sale. That one that didn't was a store that was closing which I didn't know before I made the trip out. Anyways... two were a bust.

I scored:

Onechanbara 9.99
Mario Super Sluggers 9.99

Super Smash Bros. Brawl 14.99
Wanted 14.99

Edited by jonathanp, 08 April 2010 - 11:00 PM.

#2015 mrwogs2

mrwogs2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:39 PM

Also couldn't find, and am looking for, DIRT 2 for 360 or PS3. Thanks.

Lair (complete) - Free

I am *still* trying to find Folklore. My BBV didn't have it. Anyone that did willing to trade? There were a lot of good titles at my BBV that I could pick up for you as a trade if you couldn't find what you were looking for.

Thanks!

#2016 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:40 PM

Stopped by my local BBV for round two today, and found out that a lot of the games I passed on previously made good flips to GS. Here's what I picked up (all $14.99):

Bakugan Battle Brawlers (Wii) x 2
Princess and the Frog (Wii) x 2
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (360) x 3
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Wii)

So I spent $65.81 after tax + B1G1, and made $92.98 at GS. :D Wish I had known about the Marvel Super Hero Squads for Wii, though. My BBV has three of them in stock, and they trade in for $8.75. I *might* have to stop in for a round three and trade in some of my unwanted games with the Super Hero Squads. I really can't afford to spend more than another $30 there... But I get paid tomorrow. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!

EDIT:

Don't get your hopes up. 360 and PS3 Dirt 2 retails for $29.99 at BBV. The only way people have been getting the 360 and PS3 versions for $14.99 is because they're sometimes falsely tagged with the Wii version's sticker.

#2017 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:39 PM

I scored

No more heroes
Animal cross city folks.

I don't think I want them anymore, since I cant find the trade list for these BBV games, I'll do it right here I guess. I'll let them go for $19 shipped. Either that or I'll return it. Don't know why I bought these games..
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#2018 mrwogs2

mrwogs2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:45 PM

Ah, didn't know that - thanks for the tip. They had DIRT 2 Wii at mine for $14.99.

Don't get your hopes up. 360 and PS3 Dirt 2 retails for $29.99 at BBV. The only way people have been getting the 360 and PS3 versions for $14.99 is because they're sometimes falsely tagged with the Wii version's sticker.

#2019 io

io

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:51 PM

Wish I had known about the Marvel Super Hero Squads for Wii, though. My BBV has three of them in stock, and they trade in for $8.75. I *might* have to stop in for a round three and trade in some of my unwanted games with the Super Hero Squads.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Wii version is $14.99, right? So that makes it not such a great flip IMO. I generally don't do the GS thing unless I can double my money, especially when I'm spending cash as I have to now at BBV. At $14.99 it is $7.50 -> $8.75, or at best $13.13 if you have 6 games to trade and an Edge card (for the 50% bonus). I guess the $13.13 is OK, as it is nearly double. I have a few prepacks I may want to just dump at GS as I don't want incomplete games for myself, but I only have 5. I can pad the 6 games trade with that if I can find it.

#2020 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

That one might be even harder to find than Folklore. First you have to find one that was mispriced and even then the employee has to change it for you. There's 2 stores that are a bit of a hike from me (don't even know if they're still open) and I'm pretty sure that one of them would've mispriced that since almost none of the games are correctly priced. However, the manager there knows me from my days of BBV->GS flipping and knows damn well I know the prices of the games before I go in. Every time I managed to find one that was priced less than it was supposed to be, he wouldn't let me go on it. Maybe I'll get lucky and he won't be there if I go back.

#2021 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:06 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Wii version is $14.99, right? So that makes it not such a great flip IMO. I generally don't do the GS thing unless I can double my money, especially when I'm spending cash as I have to now at BBV. At $14.99 it is $7.50 -> $8.75, or at best $13.13 if you have 6 games to trade and an Edge card (for the 50% bonus). I guess the $13.13 is OK, as it is nearly double. I have a few prepacks I may want to just dump at GS as I don't want incomplete games for myself, but I only have 5. I can pad the 6 games trade with that if I can find it.

To be honest, hardly any of the games I've been picking up at BBV have been "great flips." Transformers, Princess and the Frog, and Dirt 2, for example, were all under $8 in base TIV, but it hasn't stopped me from making ~$30 in credit each trip. Plus, I've got a few games I've been looking at to get rid of, but I haven't felt the need to trade them in yet because I've been waiting for a time I'll need them to qualify for the "Trade 6" promo. This would be a good time for me, then.

#2022 HCHecxz

HCHecxz

The Hecxzellent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

Went back to my Blockbuster and here's what I made out with...

Bionic Commando 360 POG - $6.99
Fable 2 360 POG - $6.99
Red Faction: Guerrilla 360 POG - $6.99
No More Heroes Wii - $9.99
Universe at War 360 - $4.99
Watchmen 360 - $9.99
20oz Sprite - $1
Theater Box of Raisinets - $1
Pack of Kettle Corn Popcorn - $1
(ADDING IN THE B1G1 DEAL)
TOTAL = $28

Got the concessions with the games since the guy actually when to the back to find the cover art and manuals for my POGs, but he only could get Fable 2's stuff. Still I know him selling the concessions helps him with the Manager getting hours and such, so I figure i'll be a nice guy. Not too bad at all.
The Hecxz-ellent One of CAG.com

Posted Image

#2023 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

Hit 2 of the stores I've already been to during lunch. One of them doesn't seem to get much business, and even less of that for games (actually, in six trips, I've been the only one looking through the bins). Found:

Destroy All Humans x2 (complete) - 14.99 --> $20 credit each @ BB
Mario Super Sluggers x1 (disc) - 9.99

And for the deal, I grabbed The Show 08, Prince of Persia 360 and Shadow of the Colossus PS2, but those are mostly for my own collection. One of the stores has had computer problems and couldn't price stuff earlier in the week, so that's why there were empty my first trip. I think I've scoured the area pretty well by now!

#2024 io

io

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

Got the concessions with the games since the guy actually when to the back to find the cover art and manuals for my POGs, but he only could get Fable 2's stuff. Still I know him selling the concessions helps him with the Manager getting hours and such, so I figure i'll be a nice guy. Not too bad at all.

I noticed at one store one employee was talking to another about his "bundle" sales. Apparently it is for some sort of candy bundle deal - I guess they do need to sell a certain amount, which is why I see them pushing it all the time (not on me, but on regular rental customers).

So, yeah, if you have a particularly helpful employee go ahead and buy a "bundle". The guy at my local store asked me on the way out if I had manuals for all the games I bought. I get in the habit of only buying ones with manuals, but if I had known he was perhaps going to offer to get me some I might have bought other things (and bought a bundle as well ;)).

#2025 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

I noticed at one store one employee was talking to another about his "bundle" sales. Apparently it is for some sort of candy bundle deal - I guess they do need to sell a certain amount, which is why I see them pushing it all the time (not on me, but on regular rental customers).

yes, the candy bundles are one of our top priorities that get tracked along with direct access and game presales.

#2026 formerroadie

formerroadie

Disgaeaversity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

Picked up

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy (2 copies)
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerebus
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Raman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Star Wars the Clone Wars (DS)
Lego Rock Band (DS)
Flash Focus
Star Wars: Lethal Alliance (PSP)
Lego Batman (PSP)
Star Wars The Force Unleashed (PSP)
Secret Agent Clank (PSP)
Ultimate Alliance 2 (PSP)
Jax and Daxter The Lost Frontier (PSP)
Chaotic: Shadow Warriors (PS3)
Enchanted Arms (PS3)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii)

Total: $118.97

Not a bad haul!

#2027 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:24 PM

Has anyone tried flipping any of these sale games to the Best Buy $20/$30 trade in spring special they have going on right now? There are a bunch that can be traded in there, plus a bunch that trade in for the $25 off $29.99 and higher GS thing.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2028 formerroadie

formerroadie

Disgaeaversity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:25 PM

Has anyone tried flipping any of these sale games to the Best Buy $20/$30 trade in spring special they have going on right now? There are a bunch that can be traded in there, plus a bunch that trade in for the $25 off $29.99 and higher GS thing.

I would love to do that except I have bills and bought my load to sell (although, I have a few for myself of course ;). ).

#2029 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:28 PM

Only reason I'd buy anything from the BOGO sale is to flip it to GS to make Assassin's Creed 2 $5 or to flip to BB to get enough credit to get a copy of LBP GOTY once they finally frickin' drop the price to $30 like everyone else.

Posted Image

#2030 Brian9824

Brian9824

CAG-Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

Honestly aside from the $25 promo flipping these isn't as great as it requires you to get 6 games per batch to be worth it. The $25 bonus for certain games is 100% awesome though.

#2031 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:36 PM

Picked up

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii)

Is this $14.99 ?

#2032 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:37 PM

yes, the candy bundles are one of our top priorities that get tracked along with direct access and game presales.

And people wonder why Blockbuster is a failing business... ;)

#2033 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Only reason I'd buy anything from the BOGO sale is to flip it to GS to make Assassin's Creed 2 $5 or to flip to BB to get enough credit to get a copy of LBP GOTY once they finally frickin' drop the price to $30 like everyone else.

While I'm not going all-out and getting 10 games that will net me an extra $25 credit or anything, I did pick up 2 copies of one game that all by themselves will get me $25 more than what I paid by trading them to BB. Since it seems the BB trade-in is only online like Amazon, hard to say how successful it is yet.

As to AC2, has anyone actually been able to get the 29.99 price using that trade-in deal? Last I heard it didn't qualify due to being on sale already.

#2034 guinness7

guinness7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Lair (complete) - Free

Thanks!

I checked 10 BBV the last time they had this sale and no dice. I finally got it in a trade from a member here. It seems like it is hard to find in some places.

#2035 formerroadie

formerroadie

Disgaeaversity

• CAGiversary!

Is this $14.99 ?

No, it was 19.99. I picked it up for myself :). Been dying for a copy.

#2036 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:40 PM

So..let me get this straight. The games that are on the list on the first page, I can buy one..Say Fear 2 for 9.99 on PS3 and get another game on the list for free?

#2037 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:41 PM

Honestly aside from the $25 promo flipping these isn't as great as it requires you to get 6 games per batch to be worth it. The $25 bonus for certain games is 100% awesome though.

I only go after the higher TIV games if they're available and I wouldn't waste my time and energy going for the tiered bullshit, since some of these BBV games would probably get refurb fees from even the nicest GS employee, thus lessening my profit on each. Gamestop's promos are only good if you know how to exploit them and have good enough games TO exploit them.

Of course, that Best Buy trade-in promo has me intrigued too, cuz I have two copies of Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds for PS3 that I could trade in and get $20 TIV on each.:D

Posted Image

#2038 guinness7

guinness7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:42 PM

Checked another store today with no luck, but it looks like they are starting to advertise in store about the sale. The first store where I got some good games in the beginning looked like there were going to be restocking with more games soon, so be on the lookout.

#2039 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:43 PM

CLEANED UP!

Left 4 Dead 6.99
Fallout 3 Free
Civilization Revolution 6.99
COD: WAW Free
Fable II 6.99
Battlefield: BC Free
Rock Band 2 6.99
Resident Evil 5 Free
Ninja Gaiden 2 9.99
Avatar: Last Airbender: The Burning Earth Free (me get achievements in 5 min., me sell)
Brutal Legend 9.99
Watchmen: End is Nigh Free
Skate 2 6.99
Condemned 2 Free

All :360:

Under 60 bucks, price of 1 brand new game, and I get 14 games.

One of the best deals EVER. My backlog just threw up it's so full.

All 6.99 games were POG games.

This was 3 Blockbusters in Denver, CO. Still good games out there!

#2040 guinness7

guinness7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:43 PM

So..let me get this straight. The games that are on the list on the first page, I can buy one..Say Fear 2 for 9.99 on PS3 and get another game on the list for free?

That is correct.