Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXII (B1G1 50% off on all used games!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4296 replies to this topic

#2041 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

While I'm not going all-out and getting 10 games that will net me an extra $25 credit or anything, I did pick up 2 copies of one game that all by themselves will get me $25 more than what I paid by trading them to BB. Since it seems the BB trade-in is only online like Amazon, hard to say how successful it is yet.

As to AC2, has anyone actually been able to get the 29.99 price using that trade-in deal? Last I heard it didn't qualify due to being on sale already.

AC2 would require you getting a very lenient employee or manager who would allow an on the spot return on something else that goes for $30 new now like Little Big Planet GOTY or Killzone 2.

However, that would definitely look a little fishy if the employee did an on the spot return of a game you just bought. So unless you have 2 Gamestops within close distance of each other or really cool employees at one to allow the above, you might be SOL.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2042 Gavica

Gavica

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

Honestly aside from the $25 promo flipping these isn't as great as it requires you to get 6 games per batch to be worth it. The $25 bonus for certain games is 100% awesome though.

what $25 promo?

#2043 Tyga24

Tyga24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:53 PM

AC2 would require you getting a very lenient employee or manager who would allow an on the spot return on something else that goes for $30 new now like Little Big Planet GOTY or Killzone 2.

However, that would definitely look a little fishy if the employee did an on the spot return of a game you just bought. So unless you have 2 Gamestops within close distance of each other or really cool employees at one to allow the above, you might be SOL.

Couldn't you just request a gift receipt with the purchase of one of the valid games (LBP:GOTY, KZ2, etc.) and then return/exchange the game within the next 30 days (with the new game sealed)? That's what I'm planning on doing and getting a copy of AC2 in exchange.

#2044 io

io

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

So..let me get this straight. The games that are on the list on the first page, I can buy one..Say Fear 2 for 9.99 on PS3 and get another game on the list for free?

Yes, and keep in mind I have by no means updated all the prices in that list so, if anything, many of the games are even cheaper than listed. Many of the $14.99 games will be $9.99 and many of the $9.99 games will be $6.99.

Of course, just to be clear, these are used games and for the most part ex-rentals, so condition and completeness will vary. The good thing about PS3 games is that they can withstand quite a beating so if that's what you are after chances are you can get them in pretty good shape.

#2045 Zann

Zann

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:01 AM

Grabbed a copy of :ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV for $14.99 and got :wii: Marvel Super Squad for free.

#2046 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:18 AM

Here's to hoping my BBV restocked, I highly doubt this, will give another round to burn up some credit

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#2047 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:22 AM

Couldn't you just request a gift receipt with the purchase of one of the valid games (LBP:GOTY, KZ2, etc.) and then return/exchange the game within the next 30 days (with the new game sealed)? That's what I'm planning on doing and getting a copy of AC2 in exchange.

You could, but some(me) would be doing the $25 off promo at Gamestop to get Assassin's Creed to flip to Best Buy for $30 in credit there, which is why I would try to find the cheapest game on the qualifying list at Gamestop with the BOGO at Blockbuster so the max I'm paying for it is $7.50 as part of a pair of $14.99 games.:D

Posted Image

#2048 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:44 AM

Btw, I highly recommend calling a store and seeing if they have a copy of a title in stock. A store by me was able to check and see what store had a copy of a game I was looking for without a problem.

:beer:

#2049 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:51 AM

My Blockbuster (only went to one so far) didn't have many good titles for the sale. I mainly went to see if I could get a cheap copy of The Incredible Hulk. Surprisingly, I did.

I got:

Incredible Hulk (complete, 360) - $6.99
Lego Indiana Jones - (complete, Free)

I wanted both games, and $7 for both is awesome. I am pleased.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#2050 trailmix10

trailmix10

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:53 AM

Dont have an xbox 360 but managed to pick up

Fallout 6.99
Resident evil 5 6.99
Ninja Gaiden 6.99
Dirt 4.99
Total 18+ which includes high ca tax
For the ps3 just
Brutal legend 9.99
Stars Wars 9.99

I wonder if the rumors of slim 360 are true if not ill just wait till holidays to buy one

#2051 Tyga24

Tyga24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:57 AM

You could, but some(me) would be doing the $25 off promo at Gamestop to get Assassin's Creed to flip to Best Buy for $30 in credit there, which is why I would try to find the cheapest game on the qualifying list at Gamestop with the BOGO at Blockbuster so the max I'm paying for it is $7.50 as part of a pair of $14.99 games.:D

Ah, I see what you mean :D Forgot about the Best Buy trade value, but I plan on actually getting AC2 to play. I am thinking of trading in my other copy of Mario & Sonic to Best Buy for the $20 value in addition to some other PS2 games which get a surprising TIV there compared to GS and other places.

You could just trade-in your BB games for LBP:GOTY at GS so you don't have to worry about the return/exchange issue. It also nets $30 at Best Buy.

#2052 heatdolphins45

heatdolphins45

Wade County CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:56 AM

I ended up giving one of my Hot Shots PS3 as a gift and the other I'm trading to Amazon for $19.25, the $20 at Best Buy is nice, but Amazon has a better selection of merchandise.
Posted Image"Limits, like fear, is just an illusion," Michael Jordan.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Black Ops
:psp: Burnout Legends

#2053 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:10 AM

Wow so I got another round of Best Buys and had to swing by the one I went to yesterday and already got the good stuff (anything Mario, Beautiful Katamari, etc)

So I get a $14.99 Lost Odyessy and $14.99 Kingdom Hearts then a $9.99 Drawn to Life and a Final Fantasy DS game (Echoes I believe) just to trade into EB to get the 40% bonus and the guy at the register instisted that he had to do a $14.99 and a $9.99. I could understand but argued against it (I mean he wants best for his failing company) and he told me it was the same price ($35) that it should be...which didn't make sense (again BBV employees...really nice guy but as I told him it was simple math...$10 + $15 = $25+tx not $35). He got frustrated and I just gave him the ol' thumbs up and went back later when I figured someone else was going to be there since its next to the GS I was going to go to, so grabbed dinner and went back when someone else was there. He still looked bitter...

If it wasn't for the fact that I got 6 complete games and $100 in GS credit (More to come when I return the GH games) I would be really frustrated..but I thought I would share.

#2054 wormraper

wormraper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:17 AM

Ok, could someone explain to me in detail how the gamestop $25 off deally works ??? I've looked at the site and it seems mind numbingly confusing to me (I don't know if it's just me or what).

#2055 ARCorr

ARCorr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:19 AM

At one blockbuster, I was told that the B1G1 was only on games 9.99 and under. Is this true?

#2056 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

lol gamestop asked me if all my trade ins were stolen, i said no way! lol
yeah 25 off ac2 doesnt work, i tried it and they said it didnt combine with gamedays sale items.
should be b1g1 for 15 and under

#2057 wormraper

wormraper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:22 AM

At one blockbuster, I was told that the B1G1 was only on games 9.99 and under. Is this true?

no, it's $14.99 and under

#2058 n8littlefield

n8littlefield

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:27 AM

Hit a Blockbuster tonight - did ok - got Beatles Rock Band for $19.99 then

My son got Spongebob Globs of Doom and a Spyro DS game for $10 total

I picked up Viva Pinata 2 and Mario vs Sonic Olympics for $10 total
Posted Image

#2059 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:33 AM

Got Lost Odyssey and Overlord 2 (PS3). Both were missing the manual.

#2060 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:35 AM

Btw, I highly recommend calling a store and seeing if they have a copy of a title in stock. A store by me was able to check and see what store had a copy of a game I was looking for without a problem.

Oh they can check other stores in the area? I called for a couple games and the lady was more than happy to hold them for me.

I'll call back and have them check the other stores.

#2061 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:43 AM

Ok, could someone explain to me in detail how the gamestop $25 off deally works ??? I've looked at the site and it seems mind numbingly confusing to me (I don't know if it's just me or what).

Mind numbingly confusing?:roll: You're serious?

How hard is it to understand? Take one of the games from on that list on Gamestop.com(some of which can be bought with this B1G1 sale) into Gamestop, bring up a $29.99 or higher game saying you want to buy it. Pay the difference that's left after the $25 discount and you're out the door in like 5-10 minutes.

Posted Image

#2062 Gavica

Gavica

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:54 AM

so which are the ones people are flipping at gamestop for the 25 off credit?

#2063 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:01 AM

http://www.gamestop....radeins/save25/

Go here and check versus the list in the first post on this thread. I'll give ya a hint though, a couple of them are in the M section on the list.;)

Posted Image

#2064 katamaris4ever

katamaris4ever

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:02 AM

Judging from the list, it's safe to say most of the Mario games are being traded for.

I was wishing for a copy of Layton, and sure enough I found one!
Professor Layton and the Curious village
Final fantasy XII (12, not 13)
Both were mint, 7 bucks. Great deal!

BTW, does somebody know if I should pick up Kingdom Hearts DS? Dunno if it's my cup of tea, since I like turn-based more than action -RPGs...

#2065 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:09 AM

Judging from the list, it's safe to say most of the Mario games are being traded for.

I was wishing for a copy of Layton, and sure enough I found one!
Professor Layton and the Curious village
Final fantasy XII (12, not 13)
Both were mint, 7 bucks. Great deal!

BTW, does somebody know if I should pick up Kingdom Hearts DS? Dunno if it's my cup of tea, since I like turn-based more than action -RPGs...

:bomb: You're supposed to let the newbie figure this shit out for themselves. Now that you spoon fed them the info, they'll just ask(and ask and ask and ask till someone answers out of frustration)instead of researching how to get in on a deal anymore.:cry:

Posted Image

#2066 LakersForLife82481

LakersForLife82481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:26 AM

OMG my BBV had some many goodies(Soul calibur PSP, dissidia, KH 358/2) but i had NO CHANGE ON ME. UGHUGHUHGUHG

Hmm...I got like 30 something in GS credit. Should i try to buy something, return it for cash, and then buy all the stuff i want?

#2067 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:34 AM

I found nothing good at the two closest BBVs today. I was told by a local CAG that when he was in at the one earlier El Hoardo! was in there with his kids loading all of their arms with the good stuff. :(
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#2068 BiggNick

BiggNick

One Man Army

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:39 AM

Picked up PS3 QoS and Tiger Woods 2009 tonight for the BOGO sale. Not much of a selection unless you have a 360, which I rarely play anymore. Scouring the area tomorrow for more deals. My closest Blockbuster had a huge sign up inside.

#2069 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:45 AM

Doesn't matter. Pick it up anyway. It trades in for more than it costs at BBV right now. That's not even considering B1G1. Get a second game to trade in with it and you'll trigger the extra 10% for two promotion, bumping it up even more. Zero risk to you.

#2070 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:48 AM

:bomb: You're supposed to let the newbie figure this shit out for themselves. Now that you spoon fed them the info, they'll just ask(and ask and ask and ask till someone answers out of frustration)instead of researching how to get in on a deal anymore.:cry:

So very true. Seems like it's all the newbies who just signed up this month asking too. Oh well I guess...