• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:16 AM

ign gave it a 5.9 http://xboxlive.ign....1/951690p1.html

#5 Greater Malison

Greater Malison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:35 AM

huge nhl fan here and this may be the most dissapointing arcade game ive ever played, along with the newly released nba one which looks like it was thrown together in about 2 days. I know arcade games arent supposed to rival retail discs but good god.
Justice may be blind, but I am not.

#6 mis0

mis0

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:35 AM

IGN fails. It's a good game.. on PSN at least. 400 points is decent!

[mis0's tradelist]

#7 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:50 AM

YES!!! I've been waiting on a deal on this for months. The price is right! Now.. to get XBox Live hooked up in my new apartment..

Don't listen to the 5.9 review. If you love the old NHL Hitz games, you'll like it. It's a pretty fun game, especially at 400 MS points.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 Do1phan24

Do1phan24

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:19 AM

Just download the demo, that should make up your mind quick enough.
Anyone who trades with me will be a fast and easy trade!

#9 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:33 AM

how's the online play though? is is steady, laggy or what? also, will you be able to find a match or will it be like other xbla games that make it rare to find someone to play with or against online. another thing, how long will you be able to play this for? heard something about them having the right to discontinue the online part of the game at any time if they want to just like with battlefield 1943.

#10 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:25 AM

How about some reviews?

IGN
Gamespot
Team Xbox They like it.
1up Hey, they like it too.

TeamXbox says the Achievements are easy...

Here’s a closer look at all of 3 on 3 NHL Arcade’s Achievements:

Brick Wall – Win a game without being scored on - 20 GS Points

Super Speed – Score two goals with Super Speed Powerup in one game – 10 GS Points

Laser Beam – Score two goals with the Super Shot Powerup in one game – 10 GS Points

Ice Man – Score two goals while an opponent is frozen in one game – 10 GS Points

Double up – Score two goals using the Double Score Powerup in one game – 10 GS Points

Over and Out – Hit a player over the boards – 10 GS Points

Trickster – Score a goal using a trick move – 20 GS Points

Let’s Play – Play an online game – 10 GS Points

Race to Victory – Win a game to at least 15 goals – 20 GS Points

Team Player – Play a quick ranked match with two guests – 50 GS Points

Score Big – Score at least ten goals in one game – 20 GS Points

Juggernaut – Score two goals with a Big Player Powerup in one game – 10 GS Points

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#11 OddLogik

OddLogik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:40 PM

I liked it. I bought it a while ago... it has most of the more popular players and as the title says, its 3on3 not including the goalies. There are power-ups in it that can make it a ton of fun like freezing an opponent into a ice cube or them slipping on a banana peel. It was always easy to get a game on xbox live when I played, but I havent played it in a while.

#12 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:41 PM

It's an ok game to play against someone else.

#13 Guy Legend

Guy Legend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:42 PM

It's pretty fun. Worth picking up.

#14 sizzlorr

sizzlorr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:48 PM

Just release an updated NHL 94 already.... cripes!

#15 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

I think I'll pick this up, I enjoyed the demo. Seems like it's worth a shot at 400 points.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#16 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

Well worth 400 points. The IGN review is off base.

#17 ChrisTheMeat

ChrisTheMeat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:37 PM

The achievements are super easy ... I finished the game in a little less than two hours, only thing that sucks is one of the achievements requires three controllers to accomplish (Team Player – Play a quick ranked match with two guests – 50 GS Points), guitars can be substituted for extra controllers.

3340558126.png

#18 lunsar

lunsar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:39 PM

It's a fun game. I bought it the day it came out (live and breathe hockey). It's a game that I can play with the kids and we all have fun with it. The special arcade like power ups are fun, shrink the goalie, super speed, make your player giant, freeze other players and more stuff like that. Haven't played online with it that much though so I can't vouch for that aspect of it. I'd highly recommend it for 400pts.

#19 linkmon

linkmon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

actually pretty fun

This game is AWESOME!! Get it, it's allot of fun!!

"Tattaglia was a pimp.....He never could of out fought Santino.......

What I didn't know until this day, that it was Barzini all along."

#20 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:49 PM

This looks fun, but then I noticed this: "EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.ea.com OR 30 DAYS AFTER THE LAST DAY OF THE 2008- 2009 NHL SEASON".

After the 2008-2009 season? Wasn't that last year's season? So is there any online play with this game or not? I guess even if there is they could pull the plug on it any day now.

#21 ChrisTheMeat

ChrisTheMeat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

This looks fun, but then I noticed this: "EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.ea.com OR 30 DAYS AFTER THE LAST DAY OF THE 2008- 2009 NHL SEASON".

After the 2008-2009 season? Wasn't that last year's season? So is there any online play with this game or not? I guess even if there is they could pull the plug on it any day now.

online play still works

3340558126.png

#22 Enuts09

Enuts09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:34 PM

I agree. Seriously guys, do it.

I was a snes 94' Player, I hear there were a lot of Genesis Players out there.
"I never knew I can hate til' I met you" - The Prize Fight: "The Trainwreck"

"There's 40 parachutes on this plane, and you're number 41" - The Morning Of: "Pilot to Base"

"I hate broccoli, I never eat it, I don't spend time on broccoli forums talking about how I hate it. move on." - Markavellie, Hellgate: London Forums.

#23 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

For 400 points, I'm in.
-Michael

Posted Image

#24 CKaz

CKaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

genesis nhl hockey actually started my love of hockey, good times, good stuff

#25 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

If memory serves, that's what they essentially did for NHL 2002 on the GBA (which I think was the only one in the series that hit the handhelds).

This is why I'm leaning towards skipping this one. I love hockey, but I've got a feeling EA's going to yank the online play in a few months to promote a newer, "better" NHL Arcade 2010 release.

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#26 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

yes, I too am skeptical now because I don't want to purchase it then find out days later that the online part won't work anymore. that would cripple the game and make it pointless to have then I would say 'i could of gotten something else instead'. They haven't pulled the plug on battlefield1943 yet but this is on sale so it could be an indication..

#27 playing mantis

playing mantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:47 AM

If memory serves, that's what they essentially did for NHL 2002 on the GBA (which I think was the only one in the series that hit the handhelds).

This is why I'm leaning towards skipping this one. I love hockey, but I've got a feeling EA's going to yank the online play in a few months to promote a newer, "better" NHL Arcade 2010 release.

That's usually what happens with these "Deals of the Week". They put stuff on sale right before a newer version comes out, or a GOTY bundle that is going to include all DLC.
Posted Image

#28 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:23 AM

+1 for NHL 94. They put a version on NHL 06 for ps2 with slightly different gameplay and different rosters. 06 can be found for like 4 bucks at GS. If you've got a way to play ps2 games, I highly reccomend checking that out. Call me crazy but I'd easily drop 1600 points on a version of 94 if was the genesis version and had online play.

#29 DefeatUForever

DefeatUForever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:29 AM

Damn it, I missed it. It's showing 800 ms points now.

#30 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:37 AM

The deal should be going till Sunday. I would grab this if L4D2 and NSMB weren't being delivered via UPS tomorrow.