Buy any in-stock Guitar/Band/DJ Hero Bundles or Tony Hawk Ride, Get $40 GC at Walmart

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Saturday 11/21 to Friday 11/27

Buy any in-stock Guitar Hero, Band Hero, DJ Hero or Tony Hawk Ride bundles for a console, get a $40 gift card at Walmart. Good 11/21 to 11/27 or while supplies last.

Rock Band bundles are not included. DS bundled games are not included. Non-bundled, individual titles are not included.

[quote name='game addict']Hopefully Amazon will match this promo too.[/QUOTE]

I am sure they will

amazon needs to stop just matching these deals, but make them sweeter, like a $50 GC to give a person the motivation to buy it from them instead of driving to wal mart and picking it up.

either way, nice deal! thanks cheapy!

[quote name='Penguin1084']amazon needs to stop just matching these deals, but make them sweeter, like a $50 GC to give a person the motivation to buy it from them instead of driving to wal mart and picking it up.
[/QUOTE]

Except most people don't pay tax at Amazon and get free shipping, so that is motivation right there. No tax + free shipping + same promo - gas money - dealing with B&M = Win for Amazon.

[quote name='game addict']Except most people don't pay tax at Amazon and get free shipping, so that is motivation right there. No tax + free shipping + same promo - gas money - dealing with B&M = Win for Amazon.[/QUOTE]

this..... in fact, amazon could charge tax and it's still sweeter than having to walk into a Walmart.

So this is is in-store only? Theres only one WT bundle in stock for the ps3 20 miles away =[

[quote name='choffy21']Do the Guitar Hero Guitar Bundles count? Aren't those only $60?[/QUOTE]Yes, all Guitar Hero bundles (hardware + software) for any console.

DJ Hero is very tempting with this deal. I just bought a new TV though and I've been playing MW2 nonstop. If Amazon matches it, I'll probably get it since I have the $20 GC from MW2.

I already have my GH3 guitar, and rock band pwns guitar hero in every way possible, lol. Though this might be a good way for me to convince a friend to stop playing GH games on her PS2 and start playing rock band on her 360. Hell even GH5 would be better than her buying a new PS2 GH game every month. /endrant

...And the off-the-hook deals start for all the overproduced music games. While they all get decent reviews, the fact is that now half the houses that own a 3rd gen console have 10 bands worth of equipment lying around. I'm gonna start smashing guitars a la Pete Townsend when I play - just because I have so flipping many.

That said, when DJ hero gets down to $40 on clearance at Target, I'll buy it. I'm guessing March 2010...

say what you will about walmart but I have preordered two games recently that shipped way faster than amazon has ever shipped for me and the deals on both amazon and walmart were identical. Amazon better watch out.

Amazon prime 3 month trial beats all. Anyways I'd rather not pay tax/shipping and not have to drive and deal with my local walmart. Plus amazons customer support is unbeatable.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']say what you will about walmart but I have preordered two games recently that shipped way faster than amazon has ever shipped for me and the deals on both amazon and walmart were identical. Amazon better watch out.[/QUOTE]

Not if you have Amazon Prime (free 2-day shipping...now with Saturday delivery, and often free release day delivery for many games). Speaking of, anybody who is curious about getting a one-year Prime membership at a great price, feel free to PM me.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not if you have Amazon Prime (free 2-day shipping...now with Saturday delivery, and often free release day delivery for many games). Speaking of, anybody who is curious about getting a one-year Prime membership at a great price, feel free to PM me.[/QUOTE]
for most people amazon prime isnt free. In my experience in an apples to apples comparison walmart has perormed a lot better.

Hoping this deal is truly online so I can use the $20 GC I got from the MW2 pre-order! Wouldn't mind a GHWT bundle for basically $40 :D

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I bought DJ Hero at Walmart last week. Is there any way I could get the giftcard, or am I out of luck?[/QUOTE]

you have 30 days so let them know about the difference and if they give you any hassle just return it and say it's defective or something else and just rebuy it.

I guess the tepid reception that DJ Hero's got at $119 has activision hitting the panic button with the similarly priced Tony Hawk Ride bundle, which only came out today.

I would love to get on some Amazon deals but unfortunately I fall into the +tax state so even with the free shipping it doesnt work out...

If I hadn't just thrown down for the 360 deal at Wal-Mart, and already gotten rid of my gift card, I'd definitely be in for DJ Hero.

But I supposed I can wait a little while longer for flat out discounts, instead of a gift card.

My Wal-Mart still has aerosmith bundles sitting around for 40 dollars. They should count and would make them basically free for me, since i purchase most of my packaged food there. I have no need for more plastic instruments either, but I think it will be a cheap way (free) to pick up a guitar for my brother.

My son wants Tony Hawk Ride for Christmas but it just really does not look like a good idea. Anybody tried this game out? I heard about the lack of review copies for media sources to review. That kinda makes me nervous!

[quote name='sdcranford']My son wants Tony Hawk Ride for Christmas but it just really does not look like a good idea. Anybody tried this game out? I heard about the lack of review copies for media sources to review. That kinda makes me nervous![/QUOTE]

From what I've read the motion controls are not that great. Gimmicky and short term entertainment at best. Should be clearance material soon enough!

I'm on the same page as you Fizzy. Target 75% off after the 1st of the year maybe. It's too bad cause I follow TH on Twitter and he's been giving out hidden locations of them. Trying to promote it the best he can I guess.

I'm waiting for a good deal for Ride, unbelievably, as the reviews have been positive. Tempted just to see what happens with Amazon for aforementioned reasons. Why do I see Amazon as less evil than Walmart? I can't figure it out. Maybe it's just 10% Chicago sales tax clouding my judgement.

[quote name='ianoid']I'm waiting for a good deal for Ride, unbelievably, as the reviews have been positive. Tempted just to see what happens with Amazon for aforementioned reasons. Why do I see Amazon as less evil than Walmart? I can't figure it out. Maybe it's just 10% Chicago sales tax clouding my judgement.[/QUOTE]

Because you don't go into Walmart and have to deal with the employees.

[quote name='reininop']My Wal-Mart still has aerosmith bundles sitting around for 40 dollars. They should count and would make them basically free for me, since i purchase most of my packaged food there. I have no need for more plastic instruments either, but I think it will be a cheap way (free) to pick up a guitar for my brother.[/QUOTE]
According to pinchingyourpennies.com, this deal only applies to the Guitar Hero 5 bundle, not Aerosmith, Legends of Rock, or any of the other previous versions. Sucks, I know, but makes sense.

[quote name='ianoid']I'm waiting for a good deal for Ride, unbelievably, as the reviews have been positive. Tempted just to see what happens with Amazon for aforementioned reasons. Why do I see Amazon as less evil than Walmart? I can't figure it out. Maybe it's just 10% Chicago sales tax clouding my judgement.[/QUOTE]

The reviews haven't been positive it got 1 on G4 and 5.5 in Game Informer or something. The only 2 positive reviews were from two unknown websites and the reviews read more like advertisements than real articles.

[quote name='pablo_el_segundo']According to pinchingyourpennies.com, this deal only applies to the Guitar Hero 5 bundle, not Aerosmith, Legends of Rock, or any of the other previous versions. Sucks, I know, but makes sense.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty upsetting..I was really looking forward to picking up a cheap WT set tomorrow :cry:

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I bought DJ Hero at Walmart last week. Is there any way I could get the giftcard, or am I out of luck?[/QUOTE]

Just buy another bundle then return it using your receipt from a week ago. Problem solved.

[quote name='pablo_el_segundo']According to pinchingyourpennies.com, this deal only applies to the Guitar Hero 5 bundle, not Aerosmith, Legends of Rock, or any of the other previous versions. Sucks, I know, but makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Pablo's right... still a good deal, but... well.. I wanted an outrageous deal! :)
http://connect.walmart.com/holidaysavings/

The deal does apply to all bundles.

The master list sent to stores even included the PS2 Guitar Hero bundle. The original. Item number and all.

It's not being advertised this way, since many stores don't actually have the older bundles in stock.

[quote name='UncleBob']The deal does apply to all bundles.

The master list sent to stores even included the PS2 Guitar Hero bundle. The original. Item number and all.

It's not being advertised this way, since many stores don't actually have the older bundles in stock.[/QUOTE]

How sure are you about this?

[quote name='randu']How sure are you about this?[/QUOTE]

I am 100% sure this is the direction being given to stores.

What individual stores do, that's a different story. However, I can only assume this is set up like the 360 promotion, where the register will automatically prompt for the giftcard, without regard to if the associate knows about the special or what items are included.

I was told in store today that Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit Bundle was included, but they don't have 360 in stock within 35 miles of here. I was also told that If I bought one early and tried to return it and re buy it to get the gift card, that I wouldn't get the card unless they had more of the same bundle " In stock", since the deal is supposed to be for "stock at the time" items.

does this count on online purchases? and is this deal effective now?

becuase on the website, it says that the DJ hero for PS3 is now sold in stores

[quote name='Echelon79']I was told in store today that Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit Bundle was included, but they don't have 360 in stock within 35 miles of here. I was also told that If I bought one early and tried to return it and re buy it to get the gift card, that I wouldn't get the card unless they had more of the same bundle " In stock", since the deal is supposed to be for "stock at the time" items.[/QUOTE]

I just got back from my local 24 hr Walmart. ALL Guitar Hero bundles that were on the shelves prompted for the gift card promotion when I asked the lady working in electronics to scan them at the register. GH3 (59.00), GHWT w/2 Guitars (69.00) and GHAerosmith ($55.00) will all get you a gift card in addition to the GH5, GH Complete Band Kit and Band Hero bundles. Confirmed 1:40am EST. Happy Shopping!

bread's done
Back