Photo
- - - - -

Buy any in-stock Guitar/Band/DJ Hero Bundles or Tony Hawk Ride, Get $40 GC at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:37 PM

So it's just an automatic prompt that should happen when any of them are scanned?

I want to get DJ Hero, but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but on the site, so I'm not sure what to say if they don't know what deal I'm talking about, haha

#62 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:53 PM

So it's just an automatic prompt that should happen when any of them are scanned?

I want to get DJ Hero, but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but on the site, so I'm not sure what to say if they don't know what deal I'm talking about, haha

That's right. The register informed the cashier to process a gift card. Since I picked up both TH Ride and GHWT, the register prompted two gift cards. No problems at all.

You could also print the offer off of the website, as it clearly stated this was an In-store Offer only.

#63 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

That's right. The register informed the cashier to process a gift card. Since I picked up both TH Ride and GHWT, the register prompted two gift cards. No problems at all.

You could also print the offer off of the website, as it clearly stated this was an In-store Offer only.

Ah, I didn't know it was listed on their website. Yeah, there aren't any signs or anything that mention it in store (at least not this one), but the woman got a prompt right when she scanned it.

#64 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:30 AM

Anyone know if they fixed the whole "you can't play Rock band with guitar hero" BS? I would love to get this and Rock band BEatles.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#65 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:34 AM

You can use any GH guitar with any Rock Band game on the 360. The RB guitars don't work with GH3 or GHA on the 360. Every drum works with every game.

http://www.joystiq.c...ibility-Matrix/

#66 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:00 AM

Walmart.com has the GHWT w/ guitar for PS3 on rollback for $40

So if you're lucky and find it in store you could pay $40 for it and receive a GC for the same amount?..

Anyone been able to do this?

#67 NightStalker

NightStalker

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

Has anyone tried to get the $40 gift card with the DS versions of Guitar Hero or Band Hero?

The signs posted in store clearly display "Get a $40 Gift Card when you buy a Guitar Hero, Band Hero, DJ Hero or Tony Hawk Ride Video Game Bundle" - no where does it say it's limited to consoles or that the DS versions aren't included...

#68 flushman

flushman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

What a great deal just got Dj hero last night for basically $80 thats a great deal. Having a blast playing dj hero a very fun game to play. No signs in store GF rings up when scanned thanks Cheapy D.

#69 juden66

juden66

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:09 PM

Has anyone tried to get the $40 gift card with the DS versions of Guitar Hero or Band Hero?

The signs posted in store clearly display "Get a $40 Gift Card when you buy a Guitar Hero, Band Hero, DJ Hero or Tony Hawk Ride Video Game Bundle" - no where does it say it's limited to consoles or that the DS versions aren't included...

I just went to my local Walmart and its a new super center and they dont have any of the older nonwireless GHWT.

I had the lady ring up the DS GH "On Tour" $42.xx and it didnt prompt the GC but I think if it might have if she had hit the sale button since when I had her ring up the other PS3 GHWT it didnt prompt it right away ethier.

I have acouple more Walmarts 30miles each way from me ill check them out while Im working tomm (Fedex's Gas FTW)

#70 brighteyes58

brighteyes58

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:26 AM

I was able to get the Guitar Hero III Bundles for PS3 and one for Xbox 360. My Walmart had them priced at $49 and got a $40 gift card. Also got World Tour Bundles for PS3 for $55 and get a $40 gift card.

There were still more PS3 ones on the shelf but I did not see any Wii and only the one Xbox 360 which I purchased. They were not marked at the store I was at but as soon as they rang them up it prompted them to issue a gift card. It doesn't show how much the gift card is on the register until they finish processing the gift card. I rang them each up seperately and rolled the gift cards and saved the last one for Black Friday. Again thanks for taking the time to post. The kids are going to love them.