iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

• Please log in to reply
5046 replies to this topic

#1051 LuisRM

LuisRM

Midcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:27 AM

EDIT: CAGs, we really need to get this iPhone social networking community working for us. We obviously are all enjoying iPhone games, so why not actually get the most out of OpenFeint and Plus+ together? I've added my OpenFeint and Plus+ IDs to my signature, so feel free to add me and send me a message letting me know you're a fellow CAG! Then post your IDs here, too. The social networking is a really cool addition to iPhone games with the achievements and challenges, but it's a lonely implementation without any friends on! CAGs find each other!

EDIT2: And since my signature doesn't always show up, my OpenFeint and Plus+ IDs are loesjoel

Great idea. I wonder if we can add it to the sidebar (similar to your wii/xbla tag). I have sigs hidden.

#1052 107proof

107proof

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:07 AM

Surfacer is a rip off of about 10 other games off the app store. The first being EXPANDO which was one of the first games to appear on the app store. I hate games that just mirror other games. Be original or pit a different twist on it. Don't just create a clone of an existing game. That's lazy and happens way too often. I'm sick of it.

#1053 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:39 AM

Duke Nukem 3D is on sale for 99 cents! Amazing deal...

#1054 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:06 AM

Trying to make it a habit to complete the iPhone games I buy (I became a user Oct. of last year) so I've put myself on the "pay-no-more-than-$1" diet.

Does Peggle include Peggle Nights?

#1055 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:23 AM

OpenFeint seriously needs to put a limit on achievement scores allowed per game! I just played the lite of Hi How Are You (not good, by the way) ans earned 160 achievement pointS effectively doubling my OF score. That's ridiculous considering I've put many hours into Fieldrunners and Minigore for a total of 39 and 75 points respectively. Each of the 25 achievements in HHAY are 40 points for a total of 1000 points whereas Minigore has one 40 point achievement for killing 100,000 furries and a total of around 200 points.

I really liked the idea of OF achievements when I thought they were semi-standardized but knowing there are games like HHAY so far out there that it really screws up any sense of showing off the accomplishment in earning any hard achievements in a better game. Boo to you, Hi How Are You!

#1056 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:26 AM

And double post because I'm on my iPod and can't edit with the mobile forums, but Hostile, no, Peggle does not include Nights though I wish they would offer it as paid DLC.

#1057 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:27 AM

Air Mouse Pro is down to 1.99 for a limited time.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#1058 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:29 AM

I have really been itching to play Roller Coaster Tycoon lately. Any games similar to it on the app store or coming out soon? I would LOVE a port of that game.

#1059 cycophuk

cycophuk

Left to my own devices

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:08 PM

[quote name='Does Peggle include Peggle Nights?[/QUOTE']

Nope.

#1060 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:28 PM

And double post because I'm on my iPod and can't edit with the mobile forums, but Hostile, no, Peggle does not include Nights though I wish they would offer it as paid DLC.

Switch to full site view and edit, then switch back. It is a pain though - I wish they'd add editing to the mobile version of the site. Also they need to make it possible to send PMs in the mobile version.

Also, I agree with your comment on OpenFeint achievements, but achievement points in OpenFeint and Plus+ mean nothing to me anyway since they aren't universal across all games and the system isn't integral to the iPhone. They are nothing like the 360's achievements/gamerscore. We need Apple to pick one or the other system, or create their own, require use of it and lay down the law. Unless that happens they'll never mean much of anything.
Posted Image

#1061 LuisRM

LuisRM

Midcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:42 PM

OpenFeint seriously needs to put a limit on achievement scores allowed per game! I just played the lite of Hi How Are You (not good, by the way) ..

You didn't like Hi How Are You? I thought it was quite good. The songs were fun and the platforming was solid. I finished it and all the achievements 100% and the story was solid. I'd recommend it to people.

#1062 darkmazda

darkmazda

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:44 PM

Ultimate Hangman is Free Today!
http://itunes.apple....d348710904?mt=8

PopStar! is also free today (Kind of like ReMovem)
http://itunes.apple....d307751675?mt=8

#1063 darkmazda

darkmazda

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

Ohhh!! If anyone picked up Project Phoenix while it was free, they had a version update! that added a new survival mode and also a new episode!

#1064 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

OpenFeint: Dimms

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:09 PM

Rhythm Racer is free right now. A cross between F-Zero and Guitar Hero? I'm intrigued. . .

#1065 darkmazda

darkmazda

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

Rhythm Racer is free right now. A cross between F-Zero and Guitar Hero? I'm intrigued. . .

Great find. Just wondering about that one comment there that said

"Graphics are great, genius idea but lacking the core component of "controls". The controls are very poor, you will miss alot of beats because it is too fast paced and the switching of lanes has a delay."

hm

did pick it up though for future updates!:bouncy:

#1066 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:54 PM

You didn't like Hi How Are You? I thought it was quite good. The songs were fun and the platforming was solid. I finished it and all the achievements 100% and the story was solid. I'd recommend it to people.

No, I didn't like HHAY. I checked out the game by looking at your OpenFeint games, actually, since you had such an insanely high (or so I thought) gamerscore. I thought the game controlled poorly, the graphics were also really not to my taste, though I could see why some people would like them. But what killed it for me, really, was the irresponsible use of achievements.

While I'm thinking about it, I saw you had 395 achievement points in Hook Champ. Does that game also abuse achievements, or did you have to work hard for those points?

Posted Image

#1067 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:21 PM

Duke Nukem 3D is on sale for 99 cents! Amazing deal...

Its been on sale for months, but I might get it now that I've beaten Doom and Wolf3D.

#1068 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

OpenFeint: Dimms

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

Pandemica is free (http://itunes.apple....CkWmQwViornEsXQ) but I couldn't locate it from my Touch. Search result was zip. Even looking up the developer yielded nothing. Odd.

Update: This is a 3GS iPhone app only. Maybe that's why I couldn't find it on my Pod.

Edited by Dimsdale, 06 January 2010 - 05:17 PM.

#1069 LuisRM

LuisRM

Midcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:42 PM

No, I didn't like HHAY. I checked out the game by looking at your OpenFeint games, actually, since you had such an insanely high (or so I thought) gamerscore. I thought the game controlled poorly, the graphics were also really not to my taste, though I could see why some people would like them. But what killed it for me, really, was the irresponsible use of achievements.

While I'm thinking about it, I saw you had 395 achievement points in Hook Champ. Does that game also abuse achievements, or did you have to work hard for those points?

I don't keep track of my OpenFeint gamerscore at all. I just enjoyed the game so much that I wanted to get all the achievements. I do agree that all games should have a set amount of gamerscore for those who keep track. It should be universal. HookChamp has some tough achievements, I do intend on going back to it though, not to rack up score, but just to extend the life of the game. By comparison though, I only have 25 points for Defender Chronicles, and I've played that for hours and hours.

On a side note, I noticed that I don't have any of the OpenFeint achievements in HHAY because the latest update completely erased all my progress. It's literally back to square 1. Will I go back? Maybe.

#1070 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

LuisRM, your OpenFeint profile says you have around 600 achievement points on HHAY. Just because your scores get erased, doesn't mean you gamerscore resets.

I really would have thought that the OpenFeint guys would have considered achievement limits in the very early stages of development to stop things like this from happening. I think a reasonable thing to do would be to set a max for the inital implementation of a game to say 100-200 points, then allow developers to add a small amount, say 10-25 points per major update. That would encourage developers to update their game with content so they could get people excited about getting more achievements.

I admit, I really didn't care much about my OpenFeint gamerscore, but since I started really looking into trying to get this social network working for me, I became rather proud of my little 161 points because they were built up 1-5 points at a time playing games I really enjoyed. Of course, that cool idea and little incentive to play games more was immediately crushed by HHAY with it's abuse of achievements. I'll certainly continue to enjoy the games and OpenFeint, I just won't expect the OF gamerscore to be legitimized by having standards. Oh well...

Posted Image

#1071 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:33 PM

Trenches is quite fun and has an intro price of 99 cents. Developer is promising multiplayer as well, but fun as a single player game now.

#1072 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Is Trenches really any good? I read multiple reviews that said it was disappointing because one strategy could beat the entire game on hard in under an hour - something about attacking with a handful of riflemen all at the same time. Also, I'm not buying games anymore because of promises of future updates. Sure it's a good idea, but many times updates have been abandoned long after a game developer has my money.

I bought Cartoon Wars ($0.99). Visually it's a really cool game, but it controls pretty poorly. The virtual stick can't be dragged very far (like in Minigore or other successful dual stick shooters), so the character stops moving if my thumb wanders a little too far in any direction. Also, as best I can tell, you can't shoot while moving, so it really slows the game down and makes it feel a little unpolished. It does look very nice visually, but really needs some updates to get that whole package feel.

Posted Image

#1073 kapkorn

kapkorn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Damn Ravensword went back to $6.99 I was going to get it today.

I kinda want COD Zombies but $9.99 seems really high for an iPhone game lol.

#1074 BluePotato

BluePotato

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:28 PM

Finger Physics (Full Version) is free today only.

#1075 zenintrude

zenintrude

habitual line stepper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:52 PM

Finger Physics (Full Version) is free today only.

Cool, grabbed it
YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

Posted Image Posted Image

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#1076 CaptainZoom

CaptainZoom

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

Looks like finger physics is still $0.99 to me (hope I'm wrong)

#1077 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

I got it for free too... Thanks, BluePotato.

#1078 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

Finger Physics lists at $0.99 here, too.
Posted Image
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

#1079 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

Its showing as free for me now (US store).

#1080 CaptainZoom

CaptainZoom

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

It refreshed I guess and now it's free, thanks for the heads up