Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Collector's Edition GameStop Exclusive - $59.99

[quote name='backseatdog']awesome, may bite on this, but is it safe to buy this online? Will they send you a gypped copy?[/QUOTE]
I think so and i definitely hope so.
p.gif

isn't the PS3 version gimped from the go w/ no real blood and all? they do however come w/ more content than their X360 counterparts, so its hard to say which would be more valuable..

$60 for a CE is the normal price for the game (until it goes on sale) Not a bad deal at all OP!

[quote name='token2k6']isn't the PS3 version gimped from the go w/ no real blood and all? they do however come w/ more content than their X360 counterparts, so its hard to say which would be more valuable..

$60 for a CE is the normal price for the game (until it goes on sale) Not a bad deal at all OP![/QUOTE]
360 version = way more blood & gore & chopped limbs/decapitations
PS3 version = better lighting, play as the chick option

i've played both & have to give the edge to the 360 for just being more fun. a lot is lost w/o the chop-choppy blood-spray & spatter.

Sigma 2 has more balanced gameplay in general. It has better lighting, better looking textures, and a new co-op mission mode. It's easily the better game, in my opinion. If all you want is gore, then NG2 is more up your alley (or more of a challenge, since NG2 is brutally difficult and Sigma 2 is the easiest NG to date).

[quote name='gomikeoh']pretty good deal, but its a tecmo game, itll drop fast.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
You are right about that, I am pretty sure it will drop really fast.

[quote name='backseatdog']awesome, may bite on this, but is it safe to buy this online? Will they send you a gypped copy?[/QUOTE]

Any new game sold on Gamestop.com is sealed. It won't be a B&M display copy.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Any new game sold on Gamestop.com is sealed. It won't be a B&M display copy.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost sure that some CAGs have reported receiving gutted games when ordering new from Gamestop.com recently...

I really want this... but I'm not sure if I should get it now or hold out in hopes of a further drop.:whistle2:k

I have received gutted copies of games from Gamestop.com. It seems to happen when a game is a little older and they have an opportunity to get store stock back of "new" games. I think your bigger concern should be getting a damaged copy. They sent my first copy of the game in a thin padded pack and it was dented like crazy as the slip cover is very, very thin. They sent the replacement in a box which was good, but it was a huge hassle getting them to agree to pack it properly and they basically told me there was no way to communicate with the packaging department at their warehouse to let them know to pack it carefully.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Any new game sold on Gamestop.com is sealed. It won't be a B&M display copy.[/QUOTE]That's true 99.9999999% of the time. ;)

I've actually had a couple of non-sealed/non-new games show up from Gamestop.com, though it's been years since that happened.

These days, I'd be shocked if it wasn't new and sealed.

I picked this up about two weeks ago and I think it's totally worth the money. What's surprising was that I didn't really like the first Sigma

[quote name='shrike4242']That's true 99.9999999% of the time. ;)

I've actually had a couple of non-sealed/non-new games show up from Gamestop.com, though it's been years since that happened.

These days, I'd be shocked if it wasn't new and sealed.[/QUOTE]

Back a few months when GS.com was selling SFIV for $19.99, I got gutted copies... TWICE. My friend, who ordered one at about the same time, got a sealed copy. I wasn't so lucky.

I told them what happened, sent the 1st one back for an exchange, and received a gutted copy the 2nd time around. I called to complain again and told them to send me a sealed copy and they said they would... again. I waited a week or two but didn't see anything in the mail so I gave them yet another call. It turns out they accidentally processed my 2nd exchange as a return, without telling me, and that it would be impossible to send me a copy at the $19.99 price. So, yes, they still do send gutted copies nowadays. I thought they didn't do this, either. I hate GameStop. :bomb:

[quote name='Mugen Power']Back a few months when GS.com was selling SFIV for $19.99, I got gutted copies... TWICE. My friend, who ordered one at about the same time, got a sealed copy. I wasn't so lucky.

I told them what happened, sent the 1st one back for an exchange, and received a gutted copy the 2nd time around. I called to complain again and told them to send me a sealed copy and they said they would... again. I waited a week or two but didn't see anything in the mail so I gave them yet another call. It turns out they accidentally processed my 2nd exchange as a return, without telling me, and that it would be impossible to send me a copy at the $19.99 price. So, yes, they still do send gutted copies nowadays. I thought they didn't do this, either. I hate GameStop. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

That is an atrocious story. How annoying.

[quote name='GuardianE']NG2 is brutally difficult and Sigma 2 is the easiest NG to date.[/QUOTE]

No it's not. You forgot Dragon Sword. That's the easiest NG ever.;)

[quote name='Pootie Thang']I picked this up about two weeks ago and I think it's totally worth the money. What's surprising was that I didn't really like the first Sigma[/QUOTE]

Because first NG/Sigma has some adventure elements. NG2/Sigma2 is just pure action.

i've had my eye on this game for some time and didn't want to pay the 69.99....i might hold out for a lower drop

I paid 70 for it being an NG enthusiast, and it's a decent enough CE. However, as mentioned earlier it's the easiest of the console NG games. I still prefer NG2 but it's a decent enough game.

Only 74 copies left.

I have a $10 coupon from the GameDays glitch early this year. Wonder if this CE is worth $50 AC. Or just wait for the eventual $30 GH (non-CE) release.

[quote name='eau']Only 74 copies left.

I have a $10 coupon from the GameDays glitch early this year. Wonder if this CE is worth $50 AC. Or just wait for the eventual $30 GH (non-CE) release.[/QUOTE]

The art book is solid and the soundtrack is standard game synth. The box doesn't have easy access so it's a pain to open but otherwise worth the extra 10 bucks IMO.

I doubt GS will have the surplus to drop this much more and if they do they will be gone quick. Is there any president for a GS CE getting real cheap?

Sigma 1 is holding value, was it originally clearanced out?

Sigma 1 is just a regular greatest hits now, and it was reviewed well. Not as good as NGB, but it's definitely an excellent game. It retails for 20 but it will typically net 12-15 on eBay.

As for the NGS1 CE, it's very hard to find and usually nets about 60 for an opened copy and I've seen sealed ones go for 100.

wow, CAG made me go out to GS when I had no plans to just to check this out! I guess if they run out online, you can hunt local stores, seems to be a lot around me. You could get a gutted copy though..

I'm seriously considering getting this now, maybe do some trade-ins to bring the price down. My only question is, is all the content on there locked onto the disc? or is it stuff that has been available via DLC, so it really doesn't matter anymore?

The soundtrack is a CD, the costume that came with it was a pre-order but it's on the store now. The book was..a book.

Nice deal. I already have the game, as I'm a big fan of the series, but others will be interested. It's a great game, by the way, but considerably easier than the first Sigma. For better or worse...

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']Nice deal. I already have the game, as I'm a big fan of the series, but others will be interested. It's a great game, by the way, but considerably easier than the first Sigma. For better or worse...[/QUOTE]

It's still pretty hard on Master Ninja difficulty which is what I'm trying to beat right now. On 360 NG2, I couldn't even beat Mentor difficulty because of all those rockets and exploding shurikens coming at you from everywhere 99% of the time. lol

Yep...Mentor on the 360 version was harder than MN on Sigma 2. MNM on 360 was just pure carnage. Not many people even beat it and much, much less got 1250 when you compare the amount of people who own the game.

[quote name='token2k6']@MP0WeRM3: that is the funniest avatar I have ever seen! so true!! :lol:[/QUOTE]

LOL. 360s sure are lemons. Everyone I know has had either red ring or E74, myself included. I'm on a jasper now and it's been kicking for almost a year. We'll see if it stays that way. All 360s from 2005 to falcons will fail.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']LOL. 360s sure are lemons. Everyone I know has had either red ring or E74, myself included. I'm on a jasper now and it's been kicking for almost a year. We'll see if it stays that way. All 360s from 2005 to falcons will fail.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah! I'm on my 4th I think, finally had to go by a Jasper Arcade straight up, been working fine except the drive is super loud when playing some games (Halo ODST esp)

I did in fact pick up a sealed copy of this from GS last night, b/c a few I went to only had a gutted new copy left. I don't think I'm going to open it, and wait for the regular to reach greatest hits status and pick it up used. Also going to try and get Sigma 1 regular next week during the B2G1 used if I can find a non-GH case.

[quote name='punkmaggit']It's not up on the website anymore. Good luck finding it at B&M stores![/QUOTE]

Aw shit... I was putting this off, hoping it would drop to $50. My local stores had at least 1 each left but I wonder if they'll honor the $59.99 price.

Those fuckers canceled my order and didn't even bother to send me an email to let me know. fuck Gamestop and their shitty customer service!!! :bomb:

[quote name='Josef']Those fuckers canceled my order and didn't even bother to send me an email to let me know. fuck Gamestop and their shitty customer service!!! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

How did you find out it was canceled ?

[quote name='emd081603']How did you find out it was canceled ?[/QUOTE]

I decided to log into my account on the site to check it since it had been several days since I ordered.

I saw this at my local gamestop, but I think I'll wait for the regular edition to hit $20. (The first Ninja Gaiden Sigma is still in my backlog)

bread's done
Back