Gamestop B2G1 officiallly starts on 11/25 - Dead

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx
Code for online: B2G1FREE

Active Now!

Got confirmation at all 3 immediate stores around me. They will be starting it on Wednesday 11/25/09 all day (none of that 7pm crap) and then it will continue through until Sunday closing as usual. Huzzah! Don't need to crowd in with crazy black friday shoppers!

Edit: Added in that it may start on 11/25 since its apparent there is no way to confirm besides just my word and the managers at the 3 stores I have talked to, this and people are bitching and whining too much, so just going to go with this for now.

[quote name='denos-games']i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
Any other questions just ask
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

Noted

Edit: Confirmed and with link (thanks to DJP519),

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

And to the Gamestop "manager" above (and a special dedication to kidu),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFc1RMbko4

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me guess another used games b2g1 deal isnt it. freakin gamestop charging 55 for used games. who does these deals only saving about 15-20 buying used games. Why cant they do it like other stores all new games.

isn't this common every year for the past 8 years?? Everytime I'm in a GS on Black Friday, I hear, "don't forget about B2G1 free!" sadly, I'm so drained $$$ wise by the time I get to GS on Black Friday, I don't partake in the B2G1 free sale, and just grab anything left in stock from the regular sale deals...

Frackin finally. Is there any kind soul in Corona who would let me use their edge card? I only buy from gamestop once or twice a year, so getting the edge card is a waste for me, but would love to use it for this one.

[quote name='dino88']It only took until post #3, wow! Is that a new record?[/QUOTE]

One day we can hope for the original poster to simultaneously post and complain about the deal!

[quote name='token2k6']isn't this common every year for the past 8 years?? Everytime I'm in a GS on Black Friday, I hear, "don't forget about B2G1 free!" sadly, I'm so drained $$$ wise by the time I get to GS on Black Friday, I don't partake in the B2G1 free sale, and just grab anything left in stock from the regular sale deals...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but whats uncommon about this one is that its actually starting the day before Thanksgiving and not the Fri-Sat like it usually is.

I hope we know Amazon's deals by then. I need to decide which games to grab this year.

And I won't be buying any $55 used games. $33 per game isn't bad, though. If you have Edge, that is. Still more than I like to spend on used games. But I have my eye on a few $20 games. My store has tons of Folklores for $20. I want one.

Ya I have $75 left int trade in plus an edge card which saves me 10%... so it'll be $99 for 3 games... I am hoping I can pick up COD:MW2, Assasins Creed 2 and one other newer game and I'll be set.

[quote name='TimTucker']So if it's all day Wednesday, does that mean it'll actually be Tuesday @ 7 when it starts?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about that too, but not sure, lol. I'll let you know if I find out, haha XD

Hopefully, it's true this time...

Too bad all the games I was hoping to get are gone. And I spent too much of my money at Amazon/TRU.:whistle2:(

[quote name='dinovelvet']One day we can hope for the original poster to simultaneously post and complain about the deal![/QUOTE]

Maybe CheapyD can just tweak the software so that it auto appends to any thread about Gamestop. That way, the OP doesn't have to go out of his way to write somethign everyone knows is inevitably coming.

But yes, post 3 is a new record.

2 Copies of Borderlands (1 for me and 1 for my brother) and Uncharted 2, here I come. I hope I get my giftcards from my credit card company soon.

Edit: Anybody know if this is online too?

[quote name='advanced']2 Copies of Borderlands (1 for me and 1 for my brother) and Uncharted 2, here I come. I hope I get my giftcards from my credit card company soon.

Edit: Anybody know if this is online too?[/QUOTE]

It might be from black friday and on, but not sure if its going to start wednesday online. I'll try to find out, but normally people in store have no clue how the website works, so it may be pointless asking.

[quote name='Squarehard']It might be from black friday and on, but not sure if its going to start wednesday online. I'll try to find out, but normally people in store have no clue how the website works, so it may be pointless asking.[/QUOTE]

Alright. My girl has class Wednesday afternoons, so I might try to get her to go with me before hand so we can get some Christmas presents for the family.

Yay for it being all weekend, I'm gonna be in no-mans land Deleware for Thanksgiving, and the deal lasting until Sunday is fantastic.

I have more credit than I've ever had at GS before (over 1K) but sadly with the Best Buy glitch a few weeks back I have nothing left to purchase. Might do some xmas shopping for the kids though.

the GS site kinda sucks major balls in the checkout process. I was going to buy 2 games recently, but it wanted to charge a bogus ass "handling" fee even though I used the saver coupon for free value shipping (plus cag16 and edge card). I couldn't shake the handling fee, so I said screw it, I'll wait for the appropriate coupon.

Siiiick! I just bought a used copy of Modern Warfare 2 a few nights ago. I'll return that shit and hold out until next Wednesday. Thanks for the heads up.

I remember they had a B2G1, Plus a 30% off used games coupon that stacked together like a year or two ago. That was the best. I ordered like 9 games in that one, which is my personal best, lol.

[quote name='daminion']I have more credit than I've ever had at GS before (over 1K) but sadly with the Best Buy glitch a few weeks back I have nothing left to purchase. Might do some xmas shopping for the kids though.[/QUOTE]

you have over 1k in store credit at GS.... holy crap

[quote name='punkmaggit']Will be picking up some for the PS3. Thanks OP! Borderlands, Dragon Age and ???[/QUOTE]

Maybe Assassins Creed or MW2?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Yay for it being all weekend, I'm gonna be in no-mans land Deleware for Thanksgiving, and the deal lasting until Sunday is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Look on the bright side. Delaware = no sales tax.

Sadly I'm only down to about $100 in store credit. Shuffled most of my credit over to Amazon through the last few months. Hopefully will find some good titles.

[quote name='jello44']Look on the bright side. Delaware = no sales tax.[/QUOTE]

Snap! That is much better than 9.25% sales tax where I live T____T

[quote name='jello44']Look on the bright side. Delaware = no sales tax.[/QUOTE]

True, but I will be in Rehobeth Beach Delaware where there are a ton of outlet malls, and 1 gamestop within a 20 mile radius.

I'm glad this is starting Wednesday. Smart. Fingers crossed for MW2. $70 worth of gift certificates from surveys here I come! I figured they would do one soon. Thanks for the update community. And my microeconomics professor says perfect information doesn't exist in the free market.....lols

[quote name='lakers2008']Let me guess another used games b2g1 deal isnt it. freakin gamestop charging 55 for used games. who does these deals only saving about 15-20 buying used games. Why cant they do it like other stores all new games.[/QUOTE]

Who in their right mind would put their entire inventory in a buy two get one free sale? At Best Buy and Toys R Us, they can use it as a way to get people into the store, where you'll hopefully buy more than just the games that are on sale. Even if you don't, though, the games are just a small fraction of what they sell. People will still go to Toys R Us for toys or to Best Buy for music, movies, a fridge, or whatever during that week, and it won't hurt their overall sales much.

There is no incentive for GameStop to give away a significant portion of their inventory for no cost.

GameStop is never going to do a buy two get one free sale on new games, unless it's a very restricted version like Game Crazy running that sale for new games $18.99 and under. To expect GameStop to do the same kind of buy two get one free that other stores have is...well, idiotic.

So am I the only one planning on doing a few flips between buying the newest games and trading them in at the other gamestop down the road for 50% bonus TIV? I do this a few times everytime GS does the B2G1 and the trade 6 get 50% bonus at the same time...

I'll be out in California on vacation, and there's maybe 1 GS within 50 miles of where I'll be, so I'll probably miss out on this one. Maybe I'll head to the mall on Sunday when I'm back to see what's left, I usually just use these for rounding out my older games collection anyway.

I have been holding onto about $170 GS credit in anticipation of this deal. Looking to pick-up:

NHL 10 (360)
Beatles: Rock Band (360)
Fallout 3 GOTY (360)

*Does the extra Fallout content come on a disc like oblivion goty? Or is it a voucher in the case with a download code, and thus useless to get used?*

if they don't have any of those I will get Blazblue (360).

I don't know why people feel the need to b!tch about these sales. If you have an edge card and you can find three recent release used games that you want (i.e. MW2, Uncharted 2, and Assasin's Creed 2), $100 plus tax for 3 games is better than you're going to find anywhere else on Black Friday .

[quote name='darthballz']I have been holding onto about $170 GS credit in anticipation of this deal. Looking to pick-up:

NHL 10 (360)
Beatles: Rock Band (360)
Fallout 3 GOTY (360)

*Does the extra Fallout content come on a disc like oblivion goty? Or is it a voucher in the case with a download code, and thus useless to get used?*

if they don't have any of those I will get Blazblue (360).[/QUOTE]
It's a disc like Oblivion.

[quote name='anthfett06']So am I the only one planning on doing a few flips between buying the newest games and trading them in at the other gamestop down the road for 50% bonus TIV? I do this a few times everytime GS does the B2G1 and the trade 6 get 50% bonus at the same time...[/QUOTE]
Is that really worth it after tax and gas, and potential bannage?

$99 + 8% tax = $107

TIV $25 x 1.50 = 37.5 x 3 = 112.5

[quote name='anthfett06']So am I the only one planning on doing a few flips between buying the newest games and trading them in at the other gamestop down the road for 50% bonus TIV? I do this a few times everytime GS does the B2G1 and the trade 6 get 50% bonus at the same time...[/QUOTE]

if only you were so lucky. the Trade 2/4/6 for 10%/20%/40% ends 11/22.

bread's done
Back