CAGcast #178: Clunts

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:49 AM

dude trust me. MW2 is DEFINITELY as much of a Japanese mess as metal gear solid. It's amazing considering mw2 isnt even a japanese game, but they still did it. congrats infinity ward.

as a whole, MW2 is a great game. you're right. The story was just incredibly disappointing following COD4 which, in my opinion, seemed to be based at least somewhat in reality.

#32 FrankCastleAZ

FrankCastleAZ

AZHP Gaming Founder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:53 AM

Hell yeah! I was on my commute to work on the light rail listening to the best gaming podcast on the internet while playing Advance Wars: Dual Strike.

All of a sudden, I hear Cheapy D say my name on the CAGcast for winning a contest!

Made my fucking day! :bouncy::bouncy:

Also Cheapy, I'd love to come pick the goods in Japan, but you'd have to provide the plane tickets as well. :-P

Keep up the great work guys.

-FrankCastleAZ
Posted Image
AZHP Gaming - Website - Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus -

#33 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:34 AM

Cheapy seemed really down on Red Lobster. He made it sound like it was on a level with Denny's or something.

I liked Wombat's mention of the coconut shrimp since that's what I got at Red Lobster just this past Saturday.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#34 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:36 AM

As far as those kinds of restaurants go, Red Lobster is pretty expensive. You would be hard pressed to find much of anything under $20.

#35 Hbomb5

Hbomb5

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:26 AM

Shipwreck makes any podcast better. When he appeared on CBG, it was our best episode ever. Maybe Oprah should get him on her podcast. ;)
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Cheapy's chops, and hating on Jack White. (Blue Orchid sucks!)

Hblog- http://hbombgames.com
The Internet's newest home for gaming news, reviews, commentary, and community.

I am NOT on the glue!

#36 Big-T

Big-T

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:14 PM

I am a new listener, this is my 2nd podcast I've listened too and I really enjoying them.
Keep up the good work guys.

#37 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:30 PM

Another round of applause for the trio. Shipwreck adds some spice to the cagness.

#38 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:41 PM

I agree that MW2's story was unbelievable bad. It made no sense, and that terrorist level really wasn't necessary because of it. It basically existed for the controversy I think, or just for emotional involvement in what otherwise made no sense.

The game is great and fun, but yeah the story is terrible. As I went through the campaign it was a pretty much constant "wait, wtf just happened?". Most game stories don't have to make sense, they're not going for any sense of reality except within the story itself, but CoD has usually been something based on a somewhat realistic story, which is why it has real guns, etc. in it. And the story made no sense realistically and really didn't make much sense internally.

Posted Image

#39 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:16 PM

Yo Cheapy Japan's Emperor is more than a figure head. He is the real power behind Japan. The PM is just the frontman, he takes the heat when shit goes wrong while the emperor pulls the strings from behind the scenes. Same thing with the queen of England. Old money still rules the world. The top of the Yakuza pyramid leads to the emperor. So the front man for the Rockefellers (OBAMA) has to bow down the real power of Japan.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#40 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:51 PM

Great job, fellas. Some people are bitching, but I really like Shipwreck in the mix. Though Cheapy and Wombat obviously do a good show on their own, Ship really does a lot of legwork and knows what he's talking about, which helps elevate the discussions a bit. I'm sorry his pussy has herpes.

Wombat: Did you consider taking Mrs. Wombat to Montreal with you? An extra ticket from NYC to Montreal can't be THAT pricey, and surely either your folks or hers could watch the baby for a couple days. Your room is paid for. My wife and I often bring each other on business trips. While one of us is working, the other person can be out seeing the sights, and then you usually have some time to do stuff together. It's nice.

Also, make sure you try some poutine and film it as a response to Cheapy's numerous culinary misadventures.

Why does Cheapy use the the term on line when referring to waiting in a line? Is this an East Cost thing? I have never heard it before in my life until I heard Cheapy using it. The term in line, you wait in a line, you do not wait on a line. I always think he is talking about the internet.

Actually, most of the English-speaking world outside the U.S. says "waiting ON line" rather than "waiting IN line." I suspect many English-speaking Japanese do the same, hence influencing Cheapy.

Cheapy seemed really down on Red Lobster. He made it sound like it was on a level with Denny's or something

It is. Does the word Sysco mean anything to you? It's all the same ultra-processed, pre-prepared, pedestrian crap. There's just a different sign on the door.

#41 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:38 PM

Hey Wombat, that horse pill sounds like Augmentin (Amox/Clav). If you are taking an antibiotic for a long time, make sure to eat yogurt everyday to replenish your gut flora. Btw, antibiotics kill bacteria not viruses. I hope you live.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#42 megaman1421

megaman1421

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:44 PM

I noticed you guys didn't really talk much about No more heroes being ported over, I don't think thats real big news but I was wondering if any of you tried it on the Wii? I'm actually playing it now and am half way done with it and am enjoying it a lot. I'm not sure how well its going to port over though because you use the wiimote often during every fight.
Posted Image

#43 WonkyToad

WonkyToad

CAG-aholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

Just for the record. I did notice that the site was running MUCH smoother. Mostly it wasn't locking up on reload as much.
Block freedom to access ANY kind of information and you do just that; Block Freedom!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 Fragonard

Fragonard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:41 PM

Actually, most of the English-speaking world outside the U.S. says "waiting ON line" rather than "waiting IN line." I suspect many English-speaking Japanese do the same, hence influencing Cheapy.

Ah-ha. Thanks for the info. It's still going to drive me crazy though. :lol:

#45 GF_Eric

GF_Eric

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:02 AM

Not really. "Waiting on line" is pretty much a Northeastern U.S. expression, which (if random jagoffs through google search can be believed) comes from immigrants at Ellis Island who, literally, waited on a line and the term has been used in the region ever since. Other English-speaking areas of the world are mostly speaking the Queen's English where they wouldn't generally call a group of people waiting for something a "line" anyway, but a "queue" as in "in the queue".

Or, at least that is what Google tells me.

#46 MaxDense

MaxDense

Enter Sandman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:32 AM

As with any popular game, the snobby gaming elitists come out of the wood-work to hate it.

Exactly.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by MaxDense, 21 November 2009 - 01:45 AM.

#47 Khalid

Khalid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:05 AM

It's pretty cool that you are coming to Montreal Wombat and like Tybee said, make sure to eat some poutine it's really good over here!

#48 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:29 AM

In discussing cel shaded games, you guys forgot the Sly Cooper series. I'd wager those were the best selling titles of that ilk.

#49 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:59 AM

Why would you guys wish Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) upon anyone? That game alone disqualifies the Best Buy 360 deal from being anything above abysmal.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#50 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:47 PM

Yeah, I was also pretty confused by MW2's story. I had no idea what the hell was going on. You would think for one of the biggest games of all time they could have actually tried to write a good story. I also loved how that one guy (forgot his name) launched a nuke surrounded by enemies yet the game doesn't tell you how he survived or got off the sub. I also have no idea how the characters were all connected because there was too much going on. It was a total mess, but the single player was still a ton of fun.

Cheapy I also agree with you on the dialogue. The whole rewriting history and other stupid living or dying cliches were so overdone. I got tired of hearing all that lame shit. They must have repeated that stuff about 20 times.

Like Tybee mentioned, no Sly Cooper love?

Edited by Blackout, 21 November 2009 - 11:08 PM.

#51 erikj1508

erikj1508

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

Howard Stern Show > Cagcast

#52 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:18 AM

I have to agree with Cheapy in saying that the story is pretty bad in Modern Warfare 2. In fact the only FPS story that I ever found interesting was Bioshock's. But come to think of it Bioshock's story is way out there, but it was good. Modern Warfare 2 story is ok and just makes me want to watch Red Dawn again, speaking of Red Dawn I here that they are doing a remake of the film if anyone cares. I also liked the level Red Dawn a bunch too....
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#53 Imallvol7

Imallvol7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:44 AM

Hey Wombat, that horse pill sounds like Augmentin (Amox/Clav). If you are taking an antibiotic for a long time, make sure to eat yogurt everyday to replenish your gut flora. Btw, antibiotics kill bacteria not viruses. I hope you live.

Haha, i am in pharmacy school right now and I was thinking the same thing. You have a virus. Glad you got an antibiotic. Hahaha. They usually just throw Z-packs at you.

Great show guys. Feel better soon Wombat.
PSN --> Imallvol7
Xbox Live --> Imallvol

#54 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:51 PM

Come on Wombat, anitbiotics for a virus??? That wont work, you need an antiviral.

Yeah Wombat, if your doctor is giving you antibiotics for a virus you need to find another doctor. Antibotics won't do anything for a virus.

Also, most antivials don't really work very effectively and if it is indeed a virus you really can't do much but rest and wait it out.

Good show guys.

#55 Imallvol7

Imallvol7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:13 AM

Hey Cheepy,

I tweeted back at you about the 360 breaking or something and almost immediately got a direct message from XboxSupport trying to help me fix my console (which isn't broken). Just saying, I'm going to put an @CheapyD in front of all my problems and post them on twitter. Seems to get attention.
PSN --> Imallvol7
Xbox Live --> Imallvol

#56 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

What John Davison said on GamePro's site was that Activision took the TH Ride review copies and put them back into the stock that goes out to stores because they feared a shortage. Giant Bomb has a great Quick Look for the game.

The ads aren't why a customizable dashboard is impossible since they could easily reserve a portion of whatever spots you can fill for ads, which I mentioned in my question. If you had a ten slot tab to fill with any of the apps, marketplaces, Inside Xbox or community day stuff, and still reserve two or three spots for ads like they do for most every tab on the dashboard now. It could be a flexible system to accommodate whatever the console maker wants to give you.

You don't have to do anything with your class in Kenka Bancho if you don't want to, I just skipped out on them and focused on finding new dudes to fight. I only got about 30 of the 47 guys, so you have to do a lot of work if you want to capture all of the territories.

Wasn't The Saboteur a game that was announced two or three years ago and has taken this long to come out? How's that rushed, Shipwreck?

Good show.

In discussing cel shaded games, you guys forgot the Sly Cooper series. I'd wager those were the best selling titles of that ilk.

Wind Waker.

#57 Dave Core 82

Dave Core 82

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:27 AM

How many guys from Montreal here? Wouldn't it be cool to organize a dinner or a movie or something with Wombat when he comes over?

#58 ufskenney

ufskenney

I got nuthin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:05 PM

Wombat - Just listened to the show and thanks for the Red Lobster plug. Hope you enjoy.

Cheapy - RL in Japan is a totally different company. They used to be affiliated, but we (Darden) sold them off long ago. It is my understanding the we never had a majority stake in them because of Japan's ownership laws. It is possible that they don't even serve Cheddar Bay Biscuits there. Lobster there would be expensive, but you should be able to get some excellent Alaskan snow crab. The Japanese usually compete with RL to get snow crab out of Dutch Harbor because of the quality.

With regards to the antibiotic debate, it is not unusual for Dr's to prescribe antibiotics to fight secondary bacterial infections (I know Wombat has since stated that this is what he has) that can arise due to fighting off a viral infection.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked - What you say to an Irishman when he buys you a beer.

Posted ImagePosted Image