Photo
- - - - -

GameFly Under $10 Used Game Blowout Sale

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#181 Xenokai

Xenokai

Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:37 PM

I'm sad to hear people getting crap discs from GameFly. Over the last three years I've purchased probably about 13 games from GameFly (always older games that have been rented a number of times) and they've all been pristine (discs, cases and manuals all perfect).

I can play the game but when i try installing it to the 360 it just fails at 30% this tells me i will get intot he game and it will start having issues. They just sent me a RMA to return it. Says they only give refunds? hmm oh well doesnt seem like that good of a game anyway ill play it over thanksgiving till it starts freezing and then mail it back.

#182 rustyrage

rustyrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:48 PM

My games should be here on the 28th. My first purchase through GF, hope the games are playable.

#183 Xenokai

Xenokai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

My games should be here on the 28th. My first purchase through GF, hope the games are playable.

Goodluck they are pretty beat up and i exspected that but i didnt exspect the install to fail i have a halo3 that has the scrathed ring around it from when my brother borrowed it and knocked his system over and that still installs fine but this didnt.

Be sure to use the install feature to make sure its gonna work threw the whole game.

#184 rustyrage

rustyrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:12 PM

Thanks. Yea I will definitely for the 360 game Stoked. The funny thing is I purchased Stoked brand new from BB already and got a defective copy. -_-

#185 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:46 PM

bigdaddybruce44[/LEFT];6542487]You're comparing two completely different business models.

GameFly

is a rental service. Dozens of different people likely have rented the disc you're buying from them. If you honestly expect all of the rental copies they have to be in great shape, you probably should go with what you said in your first post and not buy from GF anymore.

I was not aware that they do not do exchanges, but that was not the point of my post, really. The point was that they will take care of you. Refunding you your money isn't as good as getting the game for the price you wanted, but still, they take care of the problem. It's not like you'll get a dud, and they will tell you to go screw.

As far as checking the games go, it's kind of unrealistic of you to expect them to test the millions of games they have in their various warehouses. They are working under the assumption that, if a person rents the disc and does not report any issues, the disc works. At the end of the day, their guarantee that the disc will work, and if it doesn't, they take care of it.

Sure, I know, but if you are going to have something like "Disc Guaranteed To Work" on your game site then I expect it to work and assumed that you have tested the disc instead of talking outta your ass, that's like if I sold my untested Dreamcast and said "yeah it works" and you get it and you're like "WTF!? This doesn't work", you would be pissed I am sure.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not a GF hater or nothing, hell I love GF for buying and will continue to buy from them, BUT! if you are going to have that particular word on your site then I expect it to be true.

Guarantee:
"a promise or assurance, esp. one in writing, that something is of specified quality, content, benefit, etc., or that it will perform satisfactorily for a given length of time: a money-back guarantee."

Guarantee The Gamefly Way:
Well......... We thought it would work.

Not THAT big of a deal but still kinda :/ Welp, I hope my games show up today and if they don't work I will report back here, actually I will anyway, but I do hate GF from a renting perspective, not their fault though.

Edited by Nightmarecast25, 25 November 2009 - 08:50 PM.
I'm stupid.

#186 Demontooth

Demontooth

cheapest ass of them all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:32 PM

I became leery of Gamefly used games when they started accepting used games.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly

153639.png

Demontooth1.png

#187 knightimages

knightimages

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:03 AM

I received my orders and the games worked just fine. A Boy and his Blob and 2 Rock Band track pack games. My experience has been positive and I am satisfied with my purchases. I have ordered from them for the last several years and have had only about 4 duds in them. They refunded the money back to me.

#188 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:16 AM

Still haven't got my orders, I live in Los Angeles and usually get their shipments in 1-2 days, I ordered on the 19th and they shipped on the 21st, and all I got today was Rainbow Six Vegas from Glyde.com. Ah well, maybe friday.

Ah crap, I just tracked them and it turns out they are shipping from Pittsburgh PA, expected fedex arrival is Nov 28th.

#189 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:24 AM

I became leery of Gamefly used games when they started accepting used games.

Off Topic:
What in the hell is that game in the very back of the Cherrybomber5's last played games list? That pic looks freaky and hilarious.

Edit: Oh nevermind, I clicked on it and it's LOTR Conquest, that eye looks kinda like a deformed face when it's that small.

#190 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:24 AM

Still haven't got my orders, I live in Los Angeles and usually get their shipments in 1-2 days, I ordered on the 19th and they shipped on the 21st, and all I got today was Rainbow Six Vegas from Glyde.com. Ah well, maybe friday.

Ah crap, I just tracked them and it turns out they are shipping from Pittsburgh PA, expected fedex arrival is Nov 28th.

I had to laugh. I just checked the tracking for my games. I live in PA and mine shipped from Orlando ... that's what I get for ordering Leisure Suit Larry. :D
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#191 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:29 AM

I had to laugh. I just checked the tracking for my games. I live in PA and mine shipped from Orlando ... that's what I get for ordering Leisure Suit Larry. :D

Hell, I guess my copy of LSL is so damn bad they didn't give it a tracking number, damn. :D
Posted Image

#192 Xenokai

Xenokai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:39 AM

Does anyone know if Gamefly's fedex RMA slip is gonna require me to pay return shipping?

#193 rustyrage

rustyrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:33 PM

I received my games today, Stoked 360 and Mario Power Tennis today. They both look brand new and play fine! Stoked even had the Xbox 360 seal on it still except it was sliced down the middle to open the game. Would purchase games from GF again!

#194 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:24 AM

December 4th, still no game. Ordered it day one of sale.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699