Photo
- - - - -

GS Weekly Ad 11/20-11/25 w/ coup: 20% off a used game when buying new AC2 or L4D2.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#31 mercilessming

mercilessming

Call upon Dyzan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:29 AM

LOL kinda late aren't we GAMESTOP, both of these games came out last week and I for one already enjoying one the one I care to have, purchased via other retail outlets good deal.
Do you feel the need to prove you have Online Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (a.k.a. The Grammar Nazi) ????

#32 whymustiregister

whymustiregister

Coupon PDF Maker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:05 PM

http://www.plunder.c...-2dc8aacc03.htm

#33 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:03 PM

wouldnt gears be 16 with the edge card, it takes discount off the original price correct. not a newb but have seen anything in awhile i wanted from gs

ahh yes, should be, my mistake.

#34 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:10 PM

3 days late, and (almost) $3 short(on a $55 used game).

Good job Gamestop!

:roll:
dont hate the player or the game just hate your salf

#35 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:10 PM

Fuck these convoluted coupons. I have a feeling I'll never be using Gamestop coupons again.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#36 Plumbtree

Plumbtree

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

Garbage coupon but Gears 2 for $20 is a sweet deal.
I work. I got jobs.

#37 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

Can someone tell me if this would work? I'm not totally clear on Gamestop's inner workings, but this seems right:

Using the trade 2 offer, I could get Assassin's Creed II w/ 2 of the games on the list (say, Bigs 2 from Target clearance (one 360 one ps3) for a total of $15 w/ the current Target $10 off coupon) + $20 = $35. I think I've also read that if they scan your Edge card _first_, you'll get additional trade in value on that deal making it slightly less expensive in the end.
Then, I could buy Borderlands used (which is in stock used at most Gamestops in my area) for 20% off ($55 in store - $11) and an additional 10% off for Edge ($44 - $4.40 = ~$40).

In total, I'll spend ~$75 + tax and get Assassin's Creed II and Borderlands.

If I wait until b2g1 I imagine this deal will be dead, but I could get each of those for $55 used (assuming they're in) - 10% off for Edge = ~$100 + tax and another equal cost game of my choosing which ain't too bad either.

Does that sound about right?

#38 J7.

J7.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

I had a similar incident last year when a Prince of Persia suddenly showed up at a local GS. I went to buy it as part of one of the weekend b2g1, but when I asked, the clerk said "Yeah, we got one traded in, but I took it home last night" as part of their 'check out' program. He said to come back in a week and he be done with it. Even offered to hold it for me / call me, but since it was after the sale was over, I passed. Guess I should be thankful that he was upfront and not trying to give a runaround.

So I'd bet someone checked out that AC2. If it was me, I would have.

Ya that is definitely likely, and in that case it's as if he kept it for himself anyways since someone else will likely get the game.

#39 PKerr

PKerr

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:49 AM

How lame is it to offer a coupon several days AFTER the game comes out?

They are taking sucking to a whole new level.....

#40 drbutchevil

drbutchevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:09 AM

How is Gears 2 for $20 a deal when Amazon has the GOTY edition for $36. The DLC is goina cost you $20 more anyway.

#41 mrwhite0376

mrwhite0376

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:17 PM

Can someone tell me if this would work? I'm not totally clear on Gamestop's inner workings, but this seems right:

Using the trade 2 offer, I could get Assassin's Creed II w/ 2 of the games on the list (say, Bigs 2 from Target clearance (one 360 one ps3) for a total of $15 w/ the current Target $10 off coupon) + $20 = $35. I think I've also read that if they scan your Edge card _first_, you'll get additional trade in value on that deal making it slightly less expensive in the end.
Then, I could buy Borderlands used (which is in stock used at most Gamestops in my area) for 20% off ($55 in store - $11) and an additional 10% off for Edge ($44 - $4.40 = ~$40).

In total, I'll spend ~$75 + tax and get Assassin's Creed II and Borderlands.

If I wait until b2g1 I imagine this deal will be dead, but I could get each of those for $55 used (assuming they're in) - 10% off for Edge = ~$100 + tax and another equal cost game of my choosing which ain't too bad either.

Does that sound about right?

I was wondering the same thing as I was going to trade in 2 Wii games from the list for AC2 for $19.99 and then try to use this coupon for 20% off of Uncharted 2 with an Edge card should only be about $40 w/tax. I think that will be a sweet score for $60 if they let me do it. I will let you know how it goes!

#42 jasmc5000

jasmc5000

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:18 PM

I managed to get a used copy of God of War collection yesterday for $24 with this coupon.

#43 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

I was wondering the same thing as I was going to trade in 2 Wii games from the list for AC2 for $19.99 and then try to use this coupon for 20% off of Uncharted 2 with an Edge card should only be about $40 w/tax. I think that will be a sweet score for $60 if they let me do it. I will let you know how it goes!

I tried it and got totally shot down, they told me it was a policy thing. He basically said that you can never use a coupon with any other deal - since I was doing the whole "trade 2" thing, I couldn't use the coupon.

But I did use my 2 copies of The Bigs 2 (total cost $15) to get a total of $42.50 credit (w/ Edge) towards Modern Warfare 2, leaving a measly $17.50 plus tax to pay for it (making the total investment a little under $35). Not too bad.

#44 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:58 PM

So... Couldn't you just buy one of the new games to get the 20% off a used game, then just return the new game to get 20% off for nothing? On a used version of what the coupon is having a deal for, nonetheless? XP

#45 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:00 PM

I noticed a used copy of Gears of War 2 Collectors Edition (with the slipcover and all, looked minty) that had just been traded in, sitting behind the counter. My question is, would the collectors edition also be considered a used deal of the week, making it less than $20 ? or does it only work for regular editions

#46 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

Used copy of most games, even the special editions are under the same SKU as the regular editions. There are a few exceptions but a Collector's Edition of Gears used is the same SKU as the regular so you would be fine picking it up as the deal of the week.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#47 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

when did GS start selling the new used titles for $49.99 instead of $54.99?
I just noticed all the newer titles got a $5 price drop.
Cool.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#48 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:46 PM

Used copy of most games, even the special editions are under the same SKU as the regular editions. There are a few exceptions but a Collector's Edition of Gears used is the same SKU as the regular so you would be fine picking it up as the deal of the week.

awesome, thank you :D

#49 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:08 PM

when did GS start selling the new used titles for $49.99 instead of $54.99?
I just noticed all the newer titles got a $5 price drop.
Cool.

It's online only and has been going on for 1-2mos I believe.

#50 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:36 PM

I don't see a thread and a don't see a coupon in my email, so I'm assuming there is no coupon and no used deals of the week this week, due to Black Friday? I think that was also the case last year, but just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. Thanks!

#51 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:59 AM

I don't see a thread and a don't see a coupon in my email, so I'm assuming there is no coupon and no used deals of the week this week, due to Black Friday? I think that was also the case last year, but just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. Thanks!

Wondering this myself. Anyone?

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#52 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:01 AM

Last year I think they did do a coupon, but no ad. I couldn't find one so I'm assuming it wasn't there.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.