20% off 1 year of gamefly GC

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
http://www.gamefly.com/Gift-Certificate/Buy/

1 year 2 games at a time $219.95
1 year 1 game at a time $149.95

Other gift subscriptions also discounted.

One game out at a time:

2 months - $29.95 • Save 5%
3 months - $42.95 • Save 10%
6 months - $79.95 • Save 15%
12 months - $149.95 • Save 20%

Two games out at a time:

2 months - $42.95 • Save 5%
3 months - $61.95 • Save 10%
6 months - $116.95 • Save 15%
12 months - $219.95 • Save 20%

holidayGC_2009_top.jpg

holidayGC_2009_left.jpg
holidayGC_2009_right.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They wish you'd sign up for their service. Word of warning (coming from someone who had been a member of 3 years), their availability on new games can be scarce and customer service is non-existent. Deal is alright, but I've noticed they'd been running this same promo since the summer; just not advertising it.

[quote name='boredasfook']Wondering can i gift this to myself? A few dollars saved is a win for me.[/QUOTE]

You can. Just go to the "print out" option for the GC. You'll get the code, and can input right into your account with a copy / paste. I do it all the time, I usually buy a few months at a time, since it ends up saving me a bit of money in the end.

I'm pretty sure this deal has been going on for awhile now, but still, not bad.

[quote name='seen']They wish you'd sign up for their service. Word of warning (coming from someone who had been a member of 3 years), their availability on new games can be scarce and customer service is non-existent. Deal is alright, but I've noticed they'd been running this same promo since the summer; just not advertising it.[/QUOTE]

Hmm well I have to say I was pretty pleased when doing a trial - I was able to get Brutal Legends and Borderlands on release, and then CoD:MW2 when it came out as well. Very productive one month trial, which I was able to get because of ECA - one of the very few remaining nice perks before our exploiter population here ran the best perk out -> the Amazon coupon. So much for getting (the arguably illegal) NY tax removed...

But I digress, I found Gamefly pretty fabulous while I had it. I simply couldn't justify the monthly cost though and once that game wave ended and I had my MW2 preorder copy finally delivered and in hand I cancelled. Someone with more gametime and interest however would probably really enjoy this and get their money's worth. Unless trial experience > norm.

I pay 24.50 taxes included for the 2 at a time out plan and I love it. I usually have to wait a month or so to play new releases, but I don't care. It saves me loads of money and having to debate whether or not I should buy single-player games like Assassin's Creed 2 or Brutal Legend. No more spending $60 on a game only to beat it in a week and have to find a trade-in deal at GS to recoup the money I spent.

[quote name='boredasfook']Wondering can i gift this to myself? A few dollars saved is a win for me.[/QUOTE]

That was my first thought. I don't want this promotion to end so I got a GC for a friend of mine and he appreciated it so much, he did the same for me ;)

I recently did a free trial with GameFly and it was quite abysmal. It took over a week for one of my first two games to come and any new release game was out of stock. I have no idea why anyone would use GameFly when you can get the Blockbuster Game Pass for around the same price and not have to wait a week for your next game.

[quote name='iamthekiller']they've been doing this 20% off on annual gift certificates deal for months[/QUOTE]

i think you mean for years

[quote name='TeamACW']I recently did a free trial with GameFly and it was quite abysmal. It took over a week for one of my first two games to come and any new release game was out of stock. I have no idea why anyone would use GameFly when you can get the Blockbuster Game Pass for around the same price and not have to wait a week for your next game.[/QUOTE]

Exactly how I feel, except not everyone has blockbusters around them. Now that I've moved my closest blockbuster is a half hour away.

GameFly is really really bad at availability. Nearly every game I looked at released in the past 2 months is low availability.

I hear Gamerang is better, but I personally haven't tried them.

[quote name='Reikon']GameFly is really really bad at availability. Nearly every game I looked at released in the past 2 months is low availability.

I hear Gamerang is better, but I personally haven't tried them.[/QUOTE]

I have to add to the disappointment with GameFly. I did a 2 month trial last year and couldn't get any new releases shipped to me. I ended up renting titles I didn't want, just to get something out of the trial service.

I'm not saying everyone has this issue, some do get the good games, but I couldn't understand paying them a monthly fee while I wait for games. It would make more sense if they charged me when the title I wanted shipped. Maybe I just lack patience....

[quote name='seen']They wish you'd sign up for their service. Word of warning (coming from someone who had been a member of 3 years), their availability on new games can be scarce and customer service is non-existent. Deal is alright, but I've noticed they'd been running this same promo since the summer; just not advertising it.[/QUOTE]
QFT. I have the exact same experience with GF. Signed up with a GC last year and never got a single new release I wanted all year. The old games I didn't really want to play just sat on my shelf and it ended up being a waste of money.

I've had quite the opposite experience being a gamefly member for a number of years. As long as I don't have the max number of games out and an empty slot, I always have a new release game shipped the day it releases if it is at the top of my queue with no other released games in my queue. This has never failed for me.

informer

4 stars? wow... It's more like 2 stars. First off, they have been running this promo for a while now. Secondly, good luck getting new releases, major pain in the ass. I'm canceling my subscription in three days.

[quote name='informer']I've had quite the opposite experience being a gamefly member for a number of years. As long as I don't have the max number of games out and an empty slot, I always have a new release game shipped the day it releases if it is at the top of my queue with no other released games in my queue. This has never failed for me.

informer[/QUOTE]
Yup, the trick is having an open slot the day a new game gets shipped. Otherwise, you're stuck in line with everyone else at low availability. I've also heard that they give a higher priority to members who have had a game in their queue for a long time, long before it comes out.

In the few years I've had Gamefly, I've been nothing but happy with it. I've definitely saved a bunch of money. It's great for shorter games that you might not think are worth full price, but want to try anyway. It helps cut down on shipping time if you live near a shipping center - I live in Michigan, my games ship out of Pennsylvania, and it's a two-day trip either way, although lately it's been a little shorter with...I think it's called Fast Return, where they ship you your next game when the Post Office gets yours.

[quote name='NickNorman']Yup, the trick is having an open slot the day a new game gets shipped. Otherwise, you're stuck in line with everyone else at low availability. I've also heard that they give a higher priority to members who have had a game in their queue for a long time, long before it comes out.[/QUOTE]

yep that trick works perfectly 99% of the time

the only time it hasn't worked for me was oddly Way of the Samurai 3

but I've gotten Assassin's Creed 2, Brutal Legend, Afrika, etc. right when they release this way

oh and it only took a week after release for me to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 so low availability doesn't mean you won't ever get it

[quote name='Reikon']GameFly is really really bad at availability. Nearly every game I looked at released in the past 2 months is low availability.

I hear Gamerang is better, but I personally haven't tried them.[/QUOTE]

Gamerang is better but support can be a pain. Reopening an account means you have to call them and not simply do it via the website. Reporting a lost game is also a serious pain because again, you have to call them and only one guy is there to answer the phone.

Gamefly will be perfect for me because all the old PS3 games are readily available and I don't mind waiting a week or two for newer titles. Thanks OP, I'll resub soon.

Edit: It would be nice if you could leave a slot open for new releases, though.

[quote name='buckythekat']yep that trick works perfectly 99% of the time

the only time it hasn't worked for me was oddly Way of the Samurai 3

but I've gotten Assassin's Creed 2, Brutal Legend, Afrika, etc. right when they release this way

oh and it only took a week after release for me to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 so low availability doesn't mean you won't ever get it[/QUOTE]

yea it worked for me 99% of the time as well (besides the times when they never got the game but list it as low for some reason)

then again i only rent DS and PSP games

Question: If i redeem a gift card for 1 years subscription for 1 game-rentals, can i upgrade to 2 games if i choose to down the road, or would i be stuck at 1 game rentals?

Gamefly should switch to a program that gives discounts to people not living in the same state as the distro center. Maybe something like $2 per state. I could get down with the long transit times on games if the service was $4 cheaper.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Gamefly should switch to a program that gives discounts to people not living in the same state as the distro center. Maybe something like $2 per state. I could get down with the long transit times on games if the service was $4 cheaper.[/QUOTE]

There is only a 364 mile difference between my nearest neflix shipping facility and my nearest gamefly shipping facility yet it takes 3 more days to transit time. Seriously, I think they ship later than they claim. Not to mention when the one in Texas opened they switched me to that one (I live in OR) so my transit times were over a week. When I finally realized this from the return address and checking my account I called them on their idiocy. Their response? Mine has always been the CA facility. Bullshit. Oh, by the way the more you pay the better availability you get. I'd been on 1 at a time for a year and had 40 games in my queue and not one available, causing me to wait extra days every time I had my slot open. Upgrade to 2 ata time and what happenes? Ten of my games are suddenly available. Right now 13 of the 40 are available. I for one don't believe in coincidences. I may be done ranting now.

Biggest complaint is that I can get netflix in two days, and with gamefly it's over a week and a half. I wouldn't mind if I wanted older games... but forget anything new.

I just couldn't justify the price getting maybe 2 games a month.

[quote name='TeamACW']I recently did a free trial with GameFly and it was quite abysmal. It took over a week for one of my first two games to come and any new release game was out of stock. I have no idea why anyone would use GameFly when you can get the Blockbuster Game Pass for around the same price and not have to wait a week for your next game.[/QUOTE]
I had GF for a few months and I loved it. Granted, I got my games in 2 days or less and didn't even try to get any new releases. But I also had the BBV game pass when BBV credit was easy to come by and they never had any newer titles when I tried to go there and the selection overall pails in comparison to GF.

[quote name='NickNorman']Yup, the trick is having an open slot the day a new game gets shipped. Otherwise, you're stuck in line with everyone else at low availability. I've also heard that they give a higher priority to members who have had a game in their queue for a long time, long before it comes out.

In the few years I've had Gamefly, I've been nothing but happy with it. I've definitely saved a bunch of money. It's great for shorter games that you might not think are worth full price, but want to try anyway. It helps cut down on shipping time if you live near a shipping center - I live in Michigan, my games ship out of Pennsylvania, and it's a two-day trip either way, although lately it's been a little shorter with...I think it's called Fast Return, where they ship you your next game when the Post Office gets yours.[/QUOTE]

I have been a gamefly member for years and this is how it’s done every time. It also helps if you put the same game, but different systems. Better chance of getting a new release title. I have worked with customer service and they have solved any issue to my satisfaction. I didn’t know this deal was going on for several months though. Also, when a new game is first released, it’s always cheaper then retail. Overall, I am very satisfied with the service they provide.

bread's done
Back