Magna Carta 2 $32.98 on Amazon

Hmm... tempted, wonder what the chances it will hit PS3 with extra features are. I liked Tales of Vesperia but would've liked the extra features more, don't want to be hit like that again...

-[Unknown]

It's a pretty decent game. Fun battle system/exploration (it's in the FFX mmorpg realtime style except you actually have full control over your character instead of autoattacking). It can get repetitive though, the story is meh, and the graphics are atrocious.

I don't recall hearing about this game, but people seem to think this a great price point for it. I'll put it on my considered list after I look it up some more. Thanks for helping Amazon take my money OP!
cag

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Excellent game. If you like RPGs and own a 360--- pick this one up.[/QUOTE]

Love RPGs and definitely plan to get this... but I'm also certain that this'll be even cheaper within the first few months of 2010. Still tempting though...

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Love RPGs and definitely plan to get this... but I'm also certain that this'll be even cheaper within the first few months of 2010. Still tempting though...[/QUOTE]

Yes but at the start of March, Final Fantasy 13 comes out. So you buy this in Feb and then you play it for a little while and put it on hold. Or you can buy it now, play it for three months. By then you'll be done with it and won't be trying to play two different RPG's at the same time (always a bad idea).

[quote name='its phillip']Bought it for $57 a couple weeks ago :([/QUOTE]

Me too. It was part of the buy $80, get $40 deal. So it still works out in our favor, assuming you got on that deal. But a big drop like that still hurts.

So tempted.... I just bought Dragon Age though, trying my hardest not to backlog games that will drop in price by the time I get to playing them...

Got this game with a triple eca stack and that freaking price drop hurts. First black friday I've really ever bought a lot of games around, I sure am learning a lot.

This game starts a bit slow but once you get your three man party you'll realize that it's got a great combat engine that puts FFXII's to shame and a serviceable story that moves things along with a nice pace.

No PS3 port announced to be in the works either so I don't think it'll make it on there so no reason to wait on it if you're looking for an RPG IMO.

Definatley a great deal, i paid full price and loved it, even though the story kinda sucks, its one of those good "You gotta own it" RPGs on the 360. And its long as crap, atleast 50 hours in it

Just ordered it about an hour ago myself, along with Tales of Vesperia (and a copy of Dragon Age for someone else)... haven't though about the game in awhile, but... at that price, with my need for rpgs (and how at least semi-awesome it looks), I couldn't pass it up. =)

[quote name='unforeseen']Me too. It was part of the buy $80, get $40 deal. So it still works out in our favor, assuming you got on that deal. But a big drop like that still hurts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. Still sucks. Way of the Samurai 3 was the other game I got at that time and that dropped like $5-10 a day or two after I bought it too :/

ToV and MC2 are probally the best RPGs we currently have for 360 (Lost Oddysey was pretty good, but the Last Remnant was a piece of overrated crap)

I want the game, but I just can't pull the trigger at 33 bucks. I just know it will drop in price again fairly soon. It happened to me last year with the Last Remnant, so I don't want to repeat that same mistake.

I jumped on the game, it was something I really wanted when I picked up my xbox360 a few weeks ago. But I really did spend too much overall this BF >.>

Man, payed $56 for this at launch and barely played 30 minutes of it. Too much backlog, but I definitely could have waited for now.

I've had my eye on this game for a while, as soon as the sale started i got it. :) I'm a RPG nut so I enjoyed all of the other 360 exclusives, Lost Odyssey is my favorite out of all of them so far. I also got Afro Samurai, for 10 bucks why not me say to d........

O_O un tah rabi dayta fer tos! No questions! O_O

I'm so happy that I bought this thing yesterday. It's full price again today. Sorry guys that thought it would keep coming down. Try next black Friday. The deal is dead.

[quote name='typical guy']I'm so happy that I bought this thing yesterday. It's full price again today. Sorry guys that thought it would keep coming down. Try next black Friday. The deal is dead.[/QUOTE]
i just thought this was a horrible deal at any price. that game is not great.

[quote name='mythus']i just thought this was a horrible deal at any price. that game is not great.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't know, I've never played the game. I'm an RPG fan so I wanted it. I know a lot of people said this game is one of the best RPG's out this gen so I guess you take your internet opinions with a grain of salt. For instance, I had people tell me Warhawk for the PS3 was "great". I bought that game and hated it.

[quote name='typical guy']I wouldn't know, I've never played the game. I'm an RPG fan so I wanted it. I know a lot of people said this game is one of the best RPG's out this gen so I guess you take your internet opinions with a grain of salt. For instance, I had people tell me Warhawk for the PS3 was "great". I bought that game and hated it.[/QUOTE]

this gen, they must be crazy. games like valkyria chronicles, lost odyssey, and tales of vesperia are by far superior contenders to that title; if we only counting jrpgs. btw, i hated warhawk as well.

Lost Odyssey is definitely not a best anything. It is a by the numbers JRPG. Nothing special.

[quote name='iPhone']Lost Odyssey is definitely not a best anything. It is a by the numbers JRPG. Nothing special.[/QUOTE]

I thought LO was a great JRPG. Just because it's pretty standard in it's implementation doesn't mean that it wasn't great. To me (and I think most JRPG enthusiasts), the story makes the JRPG and to me, LO had the story.

[quote name='typical guy']I thought LO was a great JRPG. Just because it's pretty standard in it's implementation doesn't mean that it wasn't great. To me (and I think most JRPG enthusiasts), the story makes the JRPG and to me, LO had the story.[/QUOTE]

I thought LO's story fell apart in the last disc and a half...

This is soo random but how is the story in Valkyria Chronicles. I played the demo and loved the gameplay but hows the story?

[quote name='pram12']This is soo random but how is the story in Valkyria Chronicles. I played the demo and loved the gameplay but hows the story?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty generic. I went through the entire game and didn't find it particularly memorable.

bread's done
Back