Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) $40 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#151 pinoy530

pinoy530

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:30 AM

Yeah, I picked this up as well. 40 dollars isn't bad for a great title such as this. I will have a ps3 in my possession some time next week.

Now I gotta run to Gamestop tomorrow and get the first one. (Yes, I know it was a lightning deal yesterday, but I don't want the GH version. I am that anal about them :P)

When I bought mine a couple weeks ago from them, I got a non greatest hits version with a red sticker on top of the shrink wrap.

#152 dskylark

dskylark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:11 AM

Efffffffffff

I did the Game Quest Direct for $45 ish + tax. It says it has already been shipped, anything I can do cancel out of this? or would it be too much trouble/ not worth the extra dollars saved?

#153 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:49 AM

Efffffffffff

I did the Game Quest Direct for $45 ish + tax. It says it has already been shipped, anything I can do cancel out of this? or would it be too much trouble/ not worth the extra dollars saved?

you can essentially break even on the GQD order if you sell it on ebay

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#154 AceBB6

AceBB6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:36 AM

Yes! Time to report the items you've bought from Amazon and pay state tax on them.

Tax on this game? No big deal. My tax return each year = 8-)

#155 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:42 AM

Tax on this game? No big deal. My tax return each year = 8-)

I wish my tax return each year equaled sunglasses. Oh, you mean something shady.

#156 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:51 AM

Efffffffffff

$45 + tax is pretty high.. I got in this with only $38.. maybe you should call them to cancel. If they don't let you since it got shipped, then let them know that you will be refusing the order :bouncy:

#157 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:41 AM

Over on slickdeals, apparently word is the Discover deal is coming back. I'll either lose out on this game but I think I'll wait. Have to find cheap game to add to the deal however.

People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#158 disillusion386

disillusion386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

Damnit, I ordered this on Friday for $48 and it's on its way. Will I be able to return the one that is on its way and re-order the game for $40?

#159 JaroldL

JaroldL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:37 PM

Great deal, I had 2 $10 off credits with amazon still too, came out to $21.73. Haha sweet
Amazon is killing me I swear

Last year, it took me about one month to pay back my CC bill.

i hate you amazon but i also love you at the same time.

#160 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

Damnit, I ordered this on Friday for $48 and it's on its way. Will I be able to return the one that is on its way and re-order the game for $40?

call amazon to have them do price adjustment.. try the next CSR if the first one is an a$$

#161 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:04 PM

call amazon to have them do price adjustment.. try the next CSR if the first one is an a$$

Or you can refuse delivery and it will be sent back to Amazon and you will receive a refund. However, I would try the CSR first.

#162 BigBizzee

BigBizzee

I feel asleep....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:28 AM

For anyone ordering this - if you don't have Uncharted 1, pick that up also. Cheapy and Shipwreck (I believe) mentioned skipping Uncharted 1. That would be a huge mistake. It's nearly as good as the second. Worth playing without question.

Great deal.

#163 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:34 AM

Excellent price for something that JUST came out. In for one.

#164 el leon

el leon

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:44 AM

Just beat the first one couple weeks ago, and glad to say I just took advantage of this price on the second one :D

#165 serge2k

serge2k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:45 AM

Anyone that ordered the PS3 bundle gotten their $10 credit.. i want to use it to buy this!! Mine shipped yesterday, and i know the 2 day turnaround for the coupon but last time I had to email them in order for them to apply my MW2 credit.. how long will this deal last?

#166 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:36 AM

Ok I bit at the Gold Box deal, but changed the delivery to 3-5 days instead of 2 day prime. If the Discover comes back for Cyber Monday, might cancel and order again.

#167 unorginalname

unorginalname

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:54 AM

Anyone that ordered the PS3 bundle gotten their $10 credit.. i want to use it to buy this!! Mine shipped yesterday, and i know the 2 day turnaround for the coupon but last time I had to email them in order for them to apply my MW2 credit.. how long will this deal last?

I had the same problem so I emailed them today. I said that I haven't received it yet and that I wanted to know when I might receive it because I wanted to use it during their Cyber Monday sale. In about and hour I received a reply that apologized for the error and said that they would credit my credit card $10. In the end I came out better because I don't have to use the $10 at Amazon although I'll spend more then that with them in the near future.

I know it has been said many times before but Amazon's customer service rocks! They certainly know how to create customer loyalty.

Edit: I just got 2 emails from Amazon. One saying that a credit had been added to my account that must be used by March 2010. The other email said that they credited my credit card $10 for a "Goodwill refund". Apparently I ended up pocketing an extra $10 on my credit card. Amazon really does rock!

Edited by unorginalname, 30 November 2009 - 05:29 AM.

#168 cooljammer00

cooljammer00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:26 AM

I got this game during the TRU sale a few months back. Ended up being about ~40 bucks, didn't start the game until last week (was busy beating UC1) and now I'm almost done. More than worth the price I paid.

#169 strife18

strife18

Finger Ling-ling Good!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:29 AM

Im not sure if I should pick this up...Its gonna be like $46 US for me to ship it to canada. Plus exchange im looking at $50. Not a great deal when It sells here for $60 CDN
Posted Image

#170 cooljammer00

cooljammer00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:41 AM

You're a CAGer. You used to be happy saving 10 bucks!

Don't you have friends south of the border?

#171 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:54 AM

You're a CAGer.

Yeah, you're a cheap ass gamerer!
Posted Image

#172 DF3

DF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:20 AM

Ok I bit at the Gold Box deal, but changed the delivery to 3-5 days instead of 2 day prime. If the Discover comes back for Cyber Monday, might cancel and order again.

I sure hope Discover comes back, because UC2 for $30 would be a steal!

#173 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:34 AM

Looks like Discover was a false rumor.