Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Megazell's Free And Legal PC Games List!

• Please log in to reply
3493 replies to this topic

#271 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

Exit Fate

RPG
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Theme: Fantasy

Exit Fate is a full-length RPG from SCF created with RPGMaker XP. The game not only features standard 2D battle encounters but boasts a tactical strategy mode as well, in which players must assume control over legions of troops, issue commands and lead their armies to a crushing victory. Bonus items are awarded for good results, especially if the fight ends quickly with minimal losses to your side.

Known Issues - Font issues

Last Scenario uses the MS Gothic font, which is not installed by default on all Windows versions. If you do not have it, the font can be downloaded here. There is also a known issue when playing Last Scenario on Windows Vista where no text shows up at all. If this problem occurs, following these steps may fix it:

* Go to Configuration Screen, then to Regional Settings
* Go to the Administrative tab and set language for non-unicode programs to Japanese
* Reboot your PC. At this point, Last Scenario should be unable to find MS Gothic and revert to Courier New.
* Go back to Regional Settings and set the language for non-unicode programs to its original language.
* Reboot your PC again. Now, Last Scenario should properly use MS Gothic.

System Requirements

CPU: 500 Mhz
Memory: 32 Mb
Video: 16 Mb
Hard Drive: 77 Mb

Download it here - http://site.scfworks.com/?page_id=10

Screenshots

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--
For The Full List Of 'Free And Legal PC Games.'

Edited by Megazell, 04 March 2012 - 05:28 AM.

#272 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:48 AM

Furry 2

Shooter/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Furry 2 is an action platformer streamlined to fit into the style of such old apogee games as Duke Nukem or Commander Keen, but cranked up to 11. You'll dodge countless types of obstacles and bash the blackball army with one of 5 weapons as you progress world to world to destroy the ominous Commander MacReady, leader of the enemy balls.

Controls are in the readme and as follows:

Shift - Jump/Swim up
Ctrl - Fire
Arrow Keys - Move
Down Key - Duck
Down + Jump - Pass through thin platforms

The game features 3 comprehensive difficulty settings that affect many things that you probably won't notice, and yet you will die much faster on Professional!

You get 5 lives, and can get more by collecting 50 gems. If you run out you will start at the beginning of a level. There's 16 long, long levels each with 5-6 continue points, divided into 4 themed episodes with a guardian boss at the end of each. The game saves after each world and lets you select from the 4 episodes

System Requirements

CPU: 300 Mhz
Hard Drive: 14 Mb

Download it here - http://www.create-ga...oad.asp?id=6854

Screenshots

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 10 January 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#273 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:58 AM

Bullet Time Ninja

Action/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Everyone knows that ninjas are better then pirates. Okay, maybe that's subject to debate but regardless of where you stand on the matter, Bullet Time Ninja is a pretty entertaining little puzzle/platformer that will have you thoroughly abusing bullet (shuriken?) time.

Though platformer aficionados will probably find this a little too easy, Bullet Time Ninja remains a decent time waster. I especially liked how your proximity to danger ties to the number of times you can teleport. - Indiegames.com

System Requirements

OS: Windows XP or higher, Mac and Linux versions available
CPU: 900 Mhz
Video: 32 Mb

No Heavy Download Needed - Browser Based - http://kwarp.com/por...ttimeninja.html

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 10 January 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#274 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:08 PM

OpenArena

First Person Shooter
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Science Fiction

OpenArena is a Free Open content package for the id tech3 GPL source code package. But why is it a game? Well you see one of the great side effects of making content for a bunch of source code out there is that it becomes a playable game itself. This opens more opportunity for FUN to the end user because they have another option to play a game that you couldn't play without the data because now there is data made for it. And since this data created is also FREE, it's very redistributable. Meaning more people can play it with little effort on obtaining it. This is A Good Thing.

The gameplay is identical to the game it's based on so fans of that other game should feel at home here. You do not need Quake III Arena to play this game.

Megazell's Comment - Great game. Very easy to get into if you are use to ANY FPS. The game looks bland @ the menu screen but once you get into the game it will make you feel right at home. I found myself downloading a ton of maps and models right away. If you plan to play this game with kids under 17...I suggest you take some time to work with the settings because a lot of the models are adult themed. The gore is old school so there will be GIBS out the wazoo.

System Requirements

OS: Windows 95 or higher, Linux and Mac versions also available
CPU: 166 Mhz
Memory: 64 Mb
Video: 8 Mb
Hard Drive: 324 Mb

Download it here - http://www.openarena.ws/
or
Download it here - http://www.desura.com/games/openarena <- Require a Desura account/client

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 10 January 2013 - 06:58 AM.

#275 rumarudrathas

rumarudrathas

Oderint Dum Metuant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:27 PM

Is the list slowing down the forum?

I actually stop posting on another forum because the thread would take mins to load. So far I have not noticed that yet.

I've been thinking about doing it but I don't have much time to run a site. I tried a blog but it did not have a way to sort the list by genre which made it just like a forum.

Know of any free hosting site that may sort a list posted?

I haven't noticed any slow-downs just yet, and as far as I've seen with other threads, that won't be an issue, i don't think.

I had some experience with WordPress, running a student-volunteer group website for a while. I was able to use the tag system to do a list by categories, which could also be used to "sort by genre" if you set it up that way. Food for thought.

As for a good and free hosting site... Ummm... I gotta check around. I've been heavily reliant on the "free-ness" of our school webserver, and running a site through Go-Daddy (which I don't think has any offerings at the "free" pricepoint).

Anyways, I made the recommendation just for the sake of user-friendliness, and not because the CAG forums are in danger of imploding upon itself.

Keep on posting Megazell, as I'm sneaking in some quality free games in between my massive Dragon Age sessions (My brother gifted me a handful of DLCs, and I'm trolling around for some free campaign modules, just to give me 20+hrs of extended play time, before I re-roll my character).

#276 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:32 PM

I haven't noticed any slow-downs just yet, and as far as I've seen with other threads, that won't be an issue, i don't think.

I had some experience with WordPress, running a student-volunteer group website for a while. I was able to use the tag system to do a list by categories, which could also be used to "sort by genre" if you set it up that way. Food for thought.

As for a good and free hosting site... Ummm... I gotta check around. I've been heavily reliant on the "free-ness" of our school webserver, and running a site through Go-Daddy (which I don't think has any offerings at the "free" pricepoint).

Anyways, I made the recommendation just for the sake of user-friendliness, and not because the CAG forums are in danger of imploding upon itself.

Keep on posting Megazell, as I'm sneaking in some quality free games in between my massive Dragon Age sessions (My brother gifted me a handful of DLCs, and I'm trolling around for some free campaign modules, just to give me 20+hrs of extended play time, before I re-roll my character).

Sounds good. I already know I got Dragon Age as a gift from one of the ladies (shh) so I will be joining that sometime myself.

I am going to check out word press. Currently, I found a few website host with database built in @ Webs.

I am working on it little by little. Once I get it up and running I will post the link here.

Til then I will keep posting. :bouncy:

#277 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

Megazell's Top Pick
I'm OK!
Megazell's Top Pick

Shooter/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Jack Thompson made “A Modest Video Game Proposal,” and this was the answer that my three drunken friends and I had for him: a side-scrolling platform shoot-em-up that lets you mutilate gamers and game developers through 4 outrageous levels designed by Whacko Jacko himself. As soon as the game was released, it was spread faster than cooties at recess, thanks to the profusion of gamers on the Internet.

Megazell's Comment - If you have ever followed the news regarding games causing violence this game was meant to piss you off if you are on the side of those that believe that games do cause violent behavior. If you believe that games don't this game will make you laugh til you cry. It's fun, adult and totally off the wall. Enjoy.

System Requirements

Hard Drive: 14.1 Mb

Download it here - http://www.derekyu.com/games/imok.zip

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 04 March 2012 - 05:31 AM.

#278 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:05 PM

Iwanaga

Shooter/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
No Full Screen
Netbook Friendly

Iwanaga is an action game that is reminiscent of arcade classics like Cabal and Blood Bros., in which the player has to dodge swarms of bullets while shooting back at enemies at the same time.

Megazell's Comment - Very small screen which - as far as I know - can not be made any bigger outside of messing with your resolution.

System Requirements

Hard Drive: 30.6 Mb

Download it here - http://www.thegamehippo.com/game/22

Screenshots

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 22 May 2012 - 11:37 PM.

#279 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:37 AM

503 - Service Unavailable

Adventure
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Other

What better way to make up for a malfunctioning page or a scheduled maintenance run than to provide a text adventure to your fans? Rock, Paper, Shotgun definitely wins the award for one of the best 503 - Service Unavailable message/announcement/thing ever.

It's not exactly the most cerebral game out there. Locations are few as are people and objects. For the most part, it's just a large supply of red herrings but it doesn't make it any less awesome. Fans of RPS (who might have somehow missed this) are going to get a kick out of it. As for everyone, well, it's still worth a snicker. - IndieGames.com

System Requirements

OS: Windows XP or higher, Linux and Mac versions available
Hard Drive: 32 Mb

No Heavy Download Needed - Browser Based - http://rockpapershotgun.com/503test
or
Download it from here - http://error.rockpap...vailable.zblorb

Screenshots

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 22 May 2012 - 11:46 PM.

#280 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:39 AM

This will be my last post for the rest of the year. See you guys and gals next year.

:bouncy:

Have a great holiday and many blessing for the new year!

#281 Bretts31344

Bretts31344

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:14 AM

Thanks again for the list. Now where to start....

#282 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

Happily holidays Mega. Thanks for the "mega" bad ass thread.

#283 LegioXIX

LegioXIX

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, thanks for this list. So many games, so little time....
Posted Image

Posted Image
"Sweet is war to him who knows it not, but to those who have made a trial of it, it is a thing of fear." -Pindar, Fr.

#284 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:19 AM

Thanks MegaZ, you've created an invaluable resource for the CAG community.

I'm wondering if you have any entries in your library for younger kids, say 5-10 years, and maybe any educational ones ?

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#285 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:51 AM

Any of you guys playing Quake Live? PM me!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

#286 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:05 AM

Thanks again for the list. Now where to start....

Ty. I hear you. Time is the choke point factor.

Happily holidays Mega. Thanks for the "mega" bad ass thread.

Ty. Enjoy.

Yeah, thanks for this list. So many games, so little time....

Ty. I know, man! I know...

Thanks MegaZ, you've created an invaluable resource for the CAG community.

I'm wondering if you have any entries in your library for younger kids, say 5-10 years, and maybe any educational ones ?

Ty. Actually, I have a very extended list for children as I have 2 young ones myself.

For reading we go to www.starfall.com

For fun - My kids love to play www.CartoonNetwork.com games especially Fusion Fall.

If you could tell me what type of educational aspect you wish to target, I could provide a better link. My DB for child sites and games is over 2000+ strong.

Any of you guys playing Quake Live? PM me!

I am Megazell in all things online.

My gaming times

Wednesday - 10:30 PM EST to 12:30 AM EST
Sunday - 10:30 PM EST to 12:30 AM EST

Due, to holidays - I will be mostly off line with some LAN gaming thrown in as family from all over are here and nothing beats face to face competitions. Once holidays are over (Jan 3rd or so) I will be back on that gaming schedule.

At this time I have over 176+ brand new games to post (outside of those on my list I feel I should post) and I will be posting those when holiday time is over. Most of them will not be tested as I will be pretty much solo with them since my volunteer time is also reduced in the winter and during my own kids' test season.

As for Quake Live - I have a steady 5 people I play with on a regular basis that consist of family and friends. You are more then welcome to join us. I suggest you use XFIRE to stay in contact with fellow CAG players. It's free and will save you a lot of time. So far everyone I have played with from this site has been awesome.

Be smooth, people!

#287 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

Iro-otoko 2

Action/Platformer/Puzzle
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Iro-otoko 2 is the sequel to Nametake's Flash-based 2D platformer released just four months ago, featuring the same gameplay elements from the original but with an entirely new set of puzzles to solve. In it you play as a sword-wielding knight who has to collect as many coins and and gems as he can from each level.

Though acquiring coins reward you with more points, astute players could also destroy coloured blocks to increase their overall star ratings. The type of block that can be smashed into pieces at any time is shown at the top of the screen, and pressing the X key cycles through all three of your available colour choices. - Indiegames.com

System Requirements

Hard Drive: 3.5 Mb

Download it here - http://koganegames.com/flashgames.html
or
No Heavy Download Needed - Browser Based - http://koganegames.com/flashgames.html

Screenshots

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 23 May 2012 - 06:43 AM.

#288 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

Finding Eden

RPG
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Speaking of the moe conspiracy, here's something to further fuel that rumor. Finding Eden is an action-adventure microgame created by Project BC in response to a contest held by RPG Revolution. Set within a post-apocalyptic universe where everything has been depleted of mana, Finding Eden is, oddly enough, a rather quaint story of two friends looking out for one another. Maybe it's just me but I'm definitely not used to having cute with my calamities.The combat system feels somewhat shaky but then again, I doubt that was the main focus of the game to begin with.

Short and sweet, Finding Eden is definitely worth an hour of your evening today. - IndieGames.com

System Requirements

Hard Drive: 24.8 Mb

Download it here - http://rpgmaker.net/games/3531/

Screenshots

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 10 January 2013 - 07:01 AM.

#289 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

10800 Zombies

Shooter/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Theme: Horror

10800 zombies is a retro platform shooter just the way they should be. You speed through levels and blast zombies. Great inspiration came from Detoss Law.

System Requirements

Memory: 16 Mb
Hard Drive: 2.53 Mb

Download it here - http://slordig.thepo...ame/zombies.php

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 10 January 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#290 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

Afterburner 3D

Simulation/Flight/Vehicular Combat
Singleplayer - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Military

Afterburner 3D is an excellent fanmade remake of Sega's classic first-person shooter Afterburner. The game features excellent 3D graphics, great special effects, and even a nice soundtrack to round things off. Like Afterburner, your objective is simply to pilot a jet-on-rails and fire at anything and everything that crosses your field of view.

System Requirements

CPU: 450 Mhz
Video: 2 Mb
Hard Drive: 38.0 Mb

Download it here - http://www.gamershel...load_2443.shtml

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 10 January 2013 - 07:05 AM.

#291 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

Arc Aether Anomalies

First Person Shooter
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Arc Aether Anomalies is a six-degrees-of-freedom (6DOF) arcade action shooter inspired by such titles as Descent, Geometry Wars, and Every Extend Extra, and visually influenced by Innerspace, Metroid Prime, House M.D., flOw, and electron microscopy.

System Requirements

CPU: 1.8 GHz
Video: 64 Mb
Memory: 64 MB
Hard Drive: 16 Mb

Download it here - http://www.j-kyle.com/arc/

Screenshots

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 14 March 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#292 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:37 PM

Followed

Puzzle
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Not Full Screen
Netbook Friendly
Gamepad Support - Yes

Theme: Mystery

Followed is a puzzle game in which you get to control two characters at the same time. The objective here is to kill your shadow copy by leading him to the fire, which can be a bit tricky considering that he will mimic every move you make.

Besides the deadly fire pits, you'll encounter other special tiles like those that teleport you to another section in the room or cause you to swap places with your doppelganger. The game is a bit of a letdown artwise, but Followed's engaging storyline will keep you hooked and playing until the very end. - IndieGames.com

System Requirements

Hard Drive: 3.8 Mb

Download it here - http://www.ludumdare...review&uid=5071

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 24 May 2012 - 04:43 AM.

#293 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:51 PM

Tumiki Fighters

Shooter/Horizontal
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Control your ship and destroy enemies. The ship is destroyed when it is hit by a bullet. The body of the enemy has no collision damage.

You can catch the enemy's broken piece. Pieces are stuck to your ship and counterattack to enemies. You can also earn the bonus score by keeping many pieces stuck. Stuck pieces are destroyed when they touch a enemy's bullet.

While holding a slow key, the ship becomes slow and the ship direction is fixed. Stuck pieces are pulled in and you can prevent a crash of them, but the bonus score reduces to one fifth. Enemy's pieces are not stuck while holding this key.

System Requirements

CPU: 750 Mhz
Memory: 64 Mb
Hard Drive: 7.05 Mb

Download it here - http://www.asahi-net...ndows/tf_e.html

Screenshots

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 14 March 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#294 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:01 AM

Toblo

Third Person Shooter
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes

Toblo is a free, fast-paced capture the flag game that has two teams using the world as weaponry, throwing bombs, and generally destroying things. During the course of a Toblo capture the flag match, the structures in the wild and wacky world full of colorful blocks are reduced to block rubble.

Two teams, the Cloud Kids and the Fire Friends, compete to capture three of their sworn enemy's flags while protecting three flags of their own. Not just your average capture the flag action game, Toblo has its players constantly changing the world.

The same blocks that make up the structures in the world are used for combat. To knock out an opponent, chuck a block in his general direction! Form a squad with your AI teammates to display the advantage that teamplay has even in Toblo's topsy-turvy world. And be sure to find a bomb block to incur maximum damage!

Up to four players can join in on the fun with LAN multiplayer support. Play with, or against, your friends in the most destructive worlds imaginable.

System Requirements

CPU: 2.0 Ghz
Memory: 128MB RAM
Video: 64 Mb
Hard Drive: 35.1 Mb

Download it here - https://www.digipen....d=1170&proj=465

Screenshots

Posted Image
Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 14 March 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#295 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:10 AM

The New Satan Sam

Action/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Gamepad Support - Yes
Netbook Friendly

SatanSam is a freeware light puzzle/action platform game. Originally intended as a direct remake of the first SatanSam game released back in 2002, the new game has exceeded the original. At the moment of this update there are already 53 levels spread over 3 worlds. Also, unlike most of my games, I've actually been working very hard on this to get a good way into the game. I've been working on this since about February and have a massive chunk of the game actually done.

The story was going to be quite minimalist. However after getting into the game I started to map out a big story. the story will be told through cutscenes and talking between the characters. A little like Titan Omega's but not as serious.

When finished the game will have (note these will likely change for better or worse);

• 127 levels, 10 worlds, 14 big bosses
  • Map system for replaying levels
  • Support for 2 players (Co-op)
  • Full MP3 soundtrack
  • A selection of vehicles, weapons and powers
  • Rock solid platform engine
  • Support for 4 save files
  • Unlockable secrets and (plenty of) weapons
  • Lush detailed worlds to explore, each world bringing new challenges
  • Emphasis on old-skool gameplay

Gameplay

The gameplay is near identical to the old game. Basically you have to clear the screen of bad guys and escape through the door. However now I have more powerful tools at my disposal Sam can now run around in much larger levels. Using a scrolling engine developed for Satan Sam 2 and also used in the Shikun 2 tech demo, its very efficient and works just how it needs too for the new Satan Sam.

To add a bit of flavor some levels will have timers, some will have no bad guys and simply require you to reach the exit, or a few other secret things.

Completing levels requires the player to utilize weapons and objects at their disposal, be it to destroy bad guys or flip a switch or whatever. Knowledge of items is key to beating this game, as well as good reflexes.

Without giving too much away, you can mix around Sam's powers for interesting combination. You will learn more of these in game.

System Requirements

Hard Drive: 40.3 Mb

Download it here - http://satansam.co.uk/blog/?page_id=11

Screenshots

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 14 March 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#296 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:22 AM

Way

Action/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes
Netbook Friendly

Depending on whether you luck out or not, Way can be a surprisingly poignant experience. A two-player platformer crafted by Coco & Co, Way is probably best played co-cooperatively between two strangers because unlike many other games, you'll probably never learn your companion's name. There is neither text nor verbal communication in Way, no means to connect with one another outside of the gestures your respective characters can execute.

In that respect, Way reminds me a lot of Little Big Planet. While you can't currently customize your little bloke's appearance, you can control his arms and his head movements. You can also assign a number of expressions to him, something that can lead into a comical flurry of pantomime at times. This will happen fairly frequently, folks. A lot of your time in Way will be spent guiding your partner along his section of the game; you'll be able to see platforms invisible to them and vice versa. Since there are no alternate means of communication, this is going to result in a lot of frantic flailing.

Sadly, the lobby's all but a ghost town right now but that can be attributed to the fact that Way is still in its infancy. Still, why not get together with your fellow Indiegames Blog readers and check it out? It might bring an unexpected smile to the end of your weekend. - IndieGames.com

System Requirements

CPU: 1.4 Ghz
Video: 128 Mb
Memory: 128 Mb
Hard Drive: 105 Mb

Download it here - http://www.makeourway.com/

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 24 May 2012 - 02:58 AM.

#297 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

8-Bit Halloween

Shooter/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

8-Bit Halloween is a short but sweet platformer that's in the style of the Castlevania series, created by Darkleo just in time for the All Hallows' Eve celebration. You play as Jackie-Gun, a buffed-up grunt who happens to be stuck in a cemetery with the exit door mysteriously locked at the start of the game. A friendly apparition appears out of nowhere and offers to help our hero escape, but before it can do so Jackie must find and rescue five of his other ghostly friends (who somehow can't pass through the bars of the cages holding them in).

The game doesn't feature any sort of checkpoint system, so you'll have to play through the entire adventure in one go. Freeing ghosts also reward you with just one point of health, but you will lose it just as quickly if you don't watch your step when walking on a dead man's grave. One minor gripe here is that the developer had decided to use copyrighted music, and there's really no way to turn it off other than reducing the volume on your speakers and muting the sound effects at the same time. - IndieGames.com

System Requirements

Hard Drive: 1.9 Mb

Download it here - http://sandbox.yoyog...188294/download

Screenshots

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 01 June 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#298 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:36 AM

Prison Break

MMORPG
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Prison Break is a 3D rail shooter that features only one level to play through, created by Wilson Saunder for the Ludum Dare 21 game development competition. You assume the role of a prison guard who has to kill all of the escaping convicts with just a six-shooter in hand, although it does seem that he never runs out of bullets to reload the chambers of his weapon.

The escapees aren't that well-equipped in the arms department either. All they can do is throw knives at you, repeatedly, until you incapacitate them by filling their polygonal bodies with hot lead. It's pretty fun to see the corpses littering the floor as you cruise through the prison complex, and since the game is made with Unity you can play it right away in your internet browser as well. - Indiegames.com

System Requirements

CPU: 1.0 Ghz
Memory: 128 Mb
Video: 128 Mb
Hard Drive: 14.1 Mb

Download it here - http://www.ludumdare...review&uid=4265
or
No Heavy Download Needed - Browser Based - http://www.ludumdare...review&uid=4265

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 03 June 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#299 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:38 AM

Well holidays are officially over in my part of the world. Family have returned to their states of origin.

Let the posting begin! *Ques in Mortal Kombat theme song*

#300 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:19 AM

Armageddon Days 2

Shooter/Horizontal
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes
Netbook Friendly

Armageddon Days 2 is a space shooter that features three ships with special weapons and abilities, 2 player mode, six upgrades, ten levels, highscore table and powerups.

Megazell's comment - When the game first loads up...many of the features are disabled. Head to options and enable all that you want.

System Requirements

CPU: 450 Mhz
Video: 8 Mb
Hard Drive: 12 Mb

Download it here - http://www.nexus.webz.cz/games/AD2.rar

Screenshots

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

*This video does not have the music enabled. It is very good!*

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 14 March 2012 - 09:50 PM.