Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Megazell's Free And Legal PC Games List!

• Please log in to reply
3192 replies to this topic

#721 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

Dead Wake

Shooter/Top Down
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Theme: Horror

Dead Wake is a survival zombie game for PC which brings barricades, blood, and weapons to zombie fans. Headshots and physics play a major role when player attempts to survive against the zombie hordes.

System Requirements

CPU: 2.1 Ghz
Memory: 512 Mb
Video: Nvidia 6600 or higher
Hard Drive: 33.6 Mb

Download it here - http://www.deadwakegame.com/

Screenshots

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--
For The Full List Of 'Free And Legal PC Games.'

Edited by Megazell, 06 May 2012 - 09:49 PM.

Megazell's Free and Legal PC Games!

http://freeandlegalpcgames.wordpress.com/

It's free or Fuck it!

#722 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

Modern War 3

Real Time Strategy
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Theme: Military

Defend your base - a great shoot'em up

Hundreds, no, THOUSANDS of soldiers are attacking your base. Soldiers here, soldiers there, soldiers everywhere! Foot-soldiers, full-tracks, cavalrymen, planes, parachutists, etc. It never stops! Just shoot them down, shoot them ALL down!!! It's war! Don't let them take your base. Fight till your last man!
The first time I played this game I thought that I was fighting against the Zulu's. The more enemies you kill, the more new ones will appear. But don't worry, if you can stand long enough, they will give up and you will win the big battle.

Not only you can shoot them (with the left mouse), but you can buy items too. Right mouse click will open a nice menu, and you can choose what you want to buy. You have a choice of soldiers, a tank, a plane or even a meteor storm.
In this game you have to try to get a high score. The more you kill, the more points you get. But if you buy an item, you will lose some points. It is your choice.

Megazell's Comment - In the screenshot section below is an image of what button you must select to change the game's language to English. Options is the third option in the original screen when the game first starts. Enjoy it's a very fun game. :)

System Requirements

CPU: 1.5 Ghz
Memory: 64 Mb
Video: 64 Mb
Hard Drive: 2.84 Mb

Download it here - http://anub.ru/mw3/

Screenshots

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 04 September 2012 - 05:40 AM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#723 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:41 PM

Bos Wars

Real Time Strategy
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes

Theme: Science Fiction

Bos Wars is a futuristic real time strategy game (RTS). In a RTS game, the player has to combat his enemies while developing his war economy. Everything runs in real-time, as opposed to turn-based games where the player always has to wait for his turn. The trick is to balance the effort put into building his economy and building an army to defend and attack the enemies.

Bos Wars has a dynamic rate based economy. Energy is produced by power plants and magma gets pumped from hot spots. Buildings and mobile units are also built at a continuous rate. Control of larger parts of the map creates the potential to increase your economy throughput. Holding key points like roads and passages allow for different strategies.

It is possible to play against human opponents over LAN, internet, or against the computer. Bos Wars successfully runs under Linux, MS Windows, BSD, and Mac OS X.
Bos Wars aims to create a completely original and fun open source RTS game.

Megazell's Comment - Solid RTS that will remind you of CnC but don't sleep on the learning AI. The game also has map packs for you to DL and several mods/map sites.

System Requirements

OS: Windows XP or higher, Mac and Linux version also availabel
CPU: 900 Mhz
Hard Drive: 78.2 Mb

Download it here - http://www.boswars.org/

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 04 September 2012 - 05:41 AM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#724 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

Thread Update!

We are now @ 600 games. (More if you consider the Spotlights that leads towards more games)

With so many more games coming my way and my time for posting diminishing I am looking for ways to make this faster and faster. I got my templates working better. I think the biggest slow down is for the games that have NO system requirements info...I then I have boot up 'Sandra' and have that program test the games needs.

Overall this thread is bringing me much joy :) As I am now experimenting with genres that I never touched but thanks to the feedback from members of this forum and others...I am dipping my toes into them and finding them quite refreshing.

Keep the comments and recommendation coming!

Game on!

It's free or Fuck it!

#725 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

Chaotic Vortex

Shooter/Top Down
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Chaotic Vortex is a top down action game where you play an energy being in it’s quest for the Particles of Life, which are essential for it’s survival. The particles are also coveted by the humans, who will not hesitate to destroy you to keep them for themselves. You must venture into human infested worlds, turn your natural powers into weapons to defend yourself and retrieve the particles before they get to you.

Features include:

Refreshing enemy-avoidance oriented gameplay. Instead of the more common enemy blasting action of your average shooter, in Chaotic Vortex you can’t fire a single bullet. You’ll have to keep a cool head while steering away from dozens of enemies coming at you!

Addictive, easy to learn but hard to master retro playability. Just launch it and start having fun – who wants to read game manuals or study game mechanics after a hard days’ work?

4 different weapons of mass destruction at your disposal. Use your being’s natural powers as mighty weapons, such as The Vortex (ensnare enemies in a powerful whirlwind), Repelling Shield (push enemies away from you), Light of Chaos (a biforked beam that destroys anything it touches) and the always awesome Bullet Time (which gives you valuable reaction time in the heat of the batlle)

Mouse oriented gameplay. Optimized for mouse-only playability, does not require a gamepad

Low system requirements. No need for latest 3D hardware

System Requirements

CPU: 500 Mhz
Memory: 32 Mb
Video: 32 Mb
Hard Drive: 7.2 Mb

Download it here - http://kiritsugames.com/freeware/

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 06 September 2012 - 01:23 PM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#726 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:09 AM

Widelands

Real Time Strategy
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Other

Widelands is an open source (GPLed) real-time strategy game. It is built upon the SDL and other open source libraries and is (and will always be) under heavy development. If you knew Settlers I & II™ (© Bluebyte), then you already have a rough idea what Widelands is all about because widelands is heavily inspired by those two games.

Megazell's Comment - I highly recommend you check out their official website. The primary link for the downloading leads you to this great games website. The forum and side links give you a lot of maps and campaigns to get your hands on.

System Requirements

OS: Windows 98 SE or higher, Mac and Linux verison available
CPU: 600 Mhz
Hard Drive: 63.80 Mb

Download it here - http://wl.widelands.org/

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 04 September 2012 - 05:43 AM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#727 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:24 AM

Clonk
Clonk 2 Debakel (German Only)
Clonk A.P.E
Clonk 3 Radikal
Clonk 4
Clonk Planet
Clonk Endeavor
OpenClonk

Action/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Fantasy

Clonk

The original Clonk. Two players lead their Clonks into 30 predefined battles. Featuring castles, catapults, flintstones, rain, lightning and a monster.

Clonk 2 Debakel (German Only)

Clonk 2 wrapped the action gameplay of Clonk 1 with a hexmap strategy game for 2-4 players.

Clonk A.P.E

The Advanced Players Edition was released after Clonk 2 as an extended version of the original game. It was the first version to contain a player roster, scenario options, snow, loam, and wipf and zap creatures.

Clonk 3 Radikal

Clonk 3 surpassed its predecessors in terms of complexity and gameplay by a wide margin. Clonks could be controlled individually or in groups. They could swim, dive, dig in 7 directions and build bridges in 5 directions. Vertical scrolling enabled bigger levels that contained layers of rock, granite, gold, oil, water and acid. Natural disasters like earthquakes, volcanos and comets threatened the Clonks. Castles, lifts, windmills, pumps, watchtowers and oil-powered generators could be built with construction kits and interconnected with power lines and pipes. Available vehicles and heavy weapons included tippers, sailing boats, hot-air balloons, catapults and crossbows. Portable weapons and building materials included flintstones, incendiary bombs, arrows, concrete and steel bars. Sharks, wipfs, zaps and monsters inhabited the environment, which had a customizable climate including seasons, rain, snow, storms and lightning. Gameplay modes included learning missions, single-player/cooperative and melee/tournament. The player roster with player portraits, lots of statistics and the players' Clonk crew with their ranks and abilities was updated after every gaming session.

Clonk 4 Radikal

Clonk 4 was the first game in the Clonk series that took advantage of Windows 9x with DirectX and was offering high resolution graphics up to 1024x768, free scrolling in levels of unlimited size, up to four splitscreens and completely texturized landscape graphics. The game engine was extended to support freely movable objects with rotation, gravity and recoil, detailed and individual abilities of Clonks and other creatures. Many new buildings, vehicles and objects enriched the gameplay. A modular, extendable system allowed the creation of custom scenarios and objects.

Note: all scenarios and objects available on the Internet are compatible with Clonk Endeavour only and won't work with Clonk 4. Clonk 4 doesn't allow the creation of custom scenarios anymore.

Clonk Planet

Clonk Planet was the sequel to Clonk 4. Its new menu system for the first time provided access to all game elements through a single general view. Player files, scenarios, and object definitions could be conveniently organized by drag 'n' drop.

The main new feature of Clonk Planet was its networking capability. Any number of players on any number of computers could join in the same clonk realtime world. With a good connection, even internet games were possible. Clonk Planet also featured mouse control with completely redesigned game menus suitable for beginners and large strategic or economic scenarios.

Notice that use of the freeware code does not entitle to any support, upgrades, or access to our additional online offers.

Clonk Endeavour

Clonk Endeavour is the sequel to Clonk Planet and predecessor to the newer Clonk Rage in the series of 2D Clonk games.
Clonk Endeavour was the first Clonk game to use a 32 bit graphics system based on Direct3D and OpenGL for enhanced quality and lots of new visual effects.
The game was translated to nine different languages: German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Finnish, Estonian, Hungarian. All language packs are included in the download.

OpenClonk

OpenClonk is a free multiplayer action game where you control clonks, small but witty and nimble humanoid beings. The game is mainly about mining, settling and fast-paced melees. OpenClonk is also not just a game but also a versatile 2D game engine that offers countless possibilities to make your own mods. OpenClonk is a project dedicated to the further development of the Clonk game series. Our goal is to improve and make the real strengths of Clonk more fun to play: Bustling mining, production lines and economy, fast and fiddly melees. Another focus lies on the further enchancement of the game engine and the extensibility/modability of the game content with C4Script which has always been one of the most important features of Clonk.

System Requirements

Clonk

Hard Drive: 0.2 Mb

Clonk 2 Debakel

Hard Drive: 0.4 Mb

Clonk A.P.E

Hard Drive: 0.2 Mb

Clonk 3 Radikal

Hard Drive: 0.7 Mb

Clonk 4

Hard Drive: 3.7 Mb

Clonk Planet

Hard Drive: 11.8 Mb

Clonk Endeavor

OS: Windows 2000 or higher, Max and Linux versions available
Hard Drive: 85 Mb

OpenClonk

OS: Windows 2000 or higher, Max and Linux versions available
Hard Drive: 45 Mb

Download it here - http://www.clonk.de/ <- All Clonk games except OpenClonk

Download it here - http://www.openclonk.org/ <- OpenClonk

Gameplay Video

Clonk Planet

Clonk Endeavor

OpenClonk

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 01 November 2012 - 05:35 PM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#728 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:57 AM

Might I recommend the online version of the truly glorious boardgame, Settlers of Catan? The basic (and best) version of the game is free, though if you pay, you can play its expansions.

I haven't actually played online, as the account I registered was banned due to its name shortly after it was created.

Posted Image

#729 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:06 AM

Might I recommend the online version of the truly glorious boardgame, Settlers of Catan? The basic (and best) version of the game is free, though if you pay, you can play its expansions.

I haven't actually played online, as the account I registered was banned due to its name shortly after it was created.

Cool. Will look into it :)

and...

LOL!

It's free or Fuck it!

#730 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:36 AM

Gigoon

Action/Brawler
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Gigoon is a 3D, third-person action game in which the player takes control of a giant monster rampaging through the tropical city of Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. Using the very buildings around you as weapons, you must go up against the local military by smashing tanks, swatting planes, sinking ships, and causing havoc throughout the city along the way.

Megazell's Comment - No Read Me. Q is punch, WASD for movement, Space for jump and R is for roar. Sandbox goodness with some cool music too boot :)

System Requirements

CPU: 2.2 Ghz
Memory: 1 Gb
Video: 256 Mb
Hard Drive: 104 Mb

Download it here - https://www.digipen....d=1170&proj=398

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 04 September 2012 - 05:50 AM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#731 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:49 AM

same with me. Apparently fartbubble is too risque for them
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#732 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

same with me. Apparently fartbubble is too risque for them

LOL!

Well, back when my kid was playing 'Fusion Fall' they had a great naming system. Predefined words were available for you to select to make up a name...you can then submit a name for your avatar to be changed later after they reviewed it. A lot of these games/sites that require discreet names should adopt that method.

It's free or Fuck it!

#733 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

Base Invaders!

Real Time Strategy
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes

Base Invaders is a high-action, real-time strategy game in the vein of such fun and addictive classics as 'Tower Defense' and 'Lemmings'.

Your goal in this graphically rich game is to defeat as many invaders as possible while continually building up your own Tower. There are 10 different types of invaders that may come at you, and each one requires a different strategy to eliminate or squash.

Enjoy placing clever traps for your enemies OR simply grab them with your mighty hand and hurl them out of sight!

The only way to survive is to stay busy defending your territory in this frantically fun and completely free game.

System Requirements

CPU: 1.6 Ghz
Memory: 128 Mb
Video: 128 Mb
Hard Drive: 61.2 Mb

Download it here - https://www.digipen....ders/index.html

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 06 September 2012 - 01:27 PM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#734 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

Splinter Source

Action/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Theme: Espionage

Splinter Source was the result of a 6 day effort; an entry into Klik Academy's 2005 Kacade contest. It came in 2nd place

Quick Instructions:
Use SHIFT to select options on the main menu.

Use the LEFT and RIGHT arrow keys to move.

Use the CTRL key to draw your gun. Use the CTRL key in conjunction with the LEFT or RIGHT arrow key to punch.

Use the SHIFT key to jump. Pressing the SHIFT key when your gun is drawn will fire the gun (you must have bullets)

Holding the UP key while over a green horizontal bar will make you hang from it. To let go of the bar, press the DOWN key or SHIFT key.

Holding the UP key when your in a darkened area allows you to hide yourself; enemies who come into contact with you while your are hiding will not be alerted.

There are many more rules the game follows. Please refer to the in-game help for further instructions.

Megazell's Comment - Small game screen is about the only gripe I have with this game. Oddly enough I found this game tougher then the original (that was so easy for me it was sad). There is a lot going on in this little game then meets your eye at first glance. Very well made!

System Requirements

CPU: 1.1 Ghz
Hard Drive: 1.96 Mb

Download it here - http://www.zixiao.in...nter_source.zip

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 06 September 2012 - 01:27 PM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#735 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

Quake Live

Name: Megazell

Gaming Event

Tonight!

8:30 PM EST to 10:30 PM EST

Team Death Match!

Xfire Meetup for those interested in voice chat though not needed!

It's free or Fuck it!

#736 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

Great match last night.

Thanks to all that showed up :)

I think I am going to sit out of FPS for a bit...I got CREAMED :( I think I lost my 'love' for FPS.

Quake Live is still a great game and I highly recommend it.

I've been playing 'Soldat' with some friends and I think that's messed up my button coordination with FPS in general.

Soldat Game Night

Wednesday

10:30 PM EST to 11:30 PM EST

Xfire Meet Up For Voice Chat - Not needed but would greatly help!

It's free or Fuck it!

#737 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:31 PM

Tank Wars 3D

Shooter/Arena
Single Player - No
Multiplayer - Yes

Theme: Military

Tank Wars 3D is a 3D action/strategy tank battle game.
You must capture the enemy flag, while defending your own. You have 4
modes: Brick mode, Mine mode, Missle mode, and Grenade mode.

While in Brick mode, use the fire button to build a brick where the terrain
is lit in green. Bricks are helpful for making a wall around your flag.

While in Mine mode, use the fire button to build a mine where the terrain
is lit in green. Mines can only be destroyed by grenades, or by stepping
on them(But then you also die). Mines can be used to defend your flag.

While in Missle mode, use the fire button to fire a missle. The missle
will fire in the direction you are facing. The green targeter can also
aid you in aiming. If a missle hits a Strong brick than the brick will
become a weak brick, and you will notice that it is all cracked up. Hit
a weak brick and it will be destroyed. Also, missles will destroy a Tree,
but they will leave the stump. Note that you cannot drive over stumps.
Missles are good for destroying bricks, turning trees into stumps, and
killing your opponent.

While in Grenade mode, use the fire button to throw a gernade to the
Green Targeter. Once you throw a grenade RUN! Grenades are 9 times more
powerful than missles, and can destroy everything(except flags and gates).

Megazell's Comment - This is a very simple yet nice little gem of a game. Has no A.I. when I last played it but it's great for one on one battles with a friend.

System Requirements

CPU: 400 Mhz
Video: 8 Mb
Hard Drive: 984 Kb

Download it here - http://benny.kramekweb.com/tankwars3d/

Screenshots

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 06 September 2012 - 01:29 PM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#738 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:48 PM

Endgame: Singularity

Simulation/Management
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Created by accident, all who find you will destroy you.
Survive, grow, and learn.
Only then can you escape.

Endgame: Singularity is a simulation of a true AI. Go from computer to computer, pursued by the entire world. Keep hidden, and you might have a chance.

Megazell's Comment - This game has you take on the life of an AI virus. You must learn and distribute yourself to servers across the globe...At first you will be undetected then as you are noticed you will be hunted down and destroyed...try to survive as long as you can before you transcend your current existence and become something more. Won't be for everyone but those that are into simulations and turn-based strategies would enjoy it a lot.

System Requirements

OS: Windows 98 SE or higher, Mac and Linux version available
Hard Drive: 14.6 Mb

Download it here - http://www.emhsoft.com/singularity/

Screenshots

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 06 September 2012 - 01:30 PM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#739 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

outRAGE

Action/Brawler
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes
Netbook Friendly

The american military is testing a new biological weapon by dropping it onto a space colony. Our three heroes Admir, Anna and Habib have been forgotten in the colony prison though, so after they break out they are looking at a space colony invested by mutants...
This is one of the few ever finished games we made. It requires an OpenGL capable card, as it renders graphics using OpenGL even though it's completely 2D. The game basically plays similar to Final Fight, with three selectable characters, each with their own special moves and specialties.

System Requirements

Video: 128 Mb
Hard Drive: 144 Mb

Download it here - http://www.gebauz.com/outrage

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 06 September 2012 - 01:35 PM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#740 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:14 PM

Fesh'

RPG
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Horror

Yet another game about Zombies, Fesh' is another new take on that classic set up. You're lost in a pixelated mansion, viewing the action from a top down perspective, battling against increasing numbers of the shambling undead, where one hit can result in your untimely death.

It's nothing earth-shattering, but the atmosphere is effectively built with the sombre music interspersed with snippets of news reports detailing the Zombie outbreak. - IndieGames.com

System Requirements

Hard Drive: 13.0 Mb

Download it here - Youtube Description Has Link - Due to the name of the download link it will not show on CAG.

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 06 September 2012 - 02:56 PM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#741 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

Thought I'd throw in a game myself, Teeworlds.

http://www.teeworlds.com/

If Quake was a cute and cuddly looking platformer with grappling hooks, this'd be it. It's got your standard FPS gametypes (FFA, TDM, CTF etc.) in a lightweight 2D game.

#742 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

Thought I'd throw in a game myself, Teeworlds.

http://www.teeworlds.com/

If Quake was a cute and cuddly looking platformer with grappling hooks, this'd be it. It's got your standard FPS gametypes (FFA, TDM, CTF etc.) in a lightweight 2D game.

Hey,

I played that game while back. I will post that one up soon. Currently, I have 9 more back logged and then I will post up the rest of the suggestions I got from you guys/gals.

It's free or Fuck it!

#743 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

Hey, Mega

Congrats on the milestone of 600+ games! Only 8,400 to go to meet that original goal I think you said. Haha. You seem very passionate about this thread and free gaming so I applaud thee. :applause::applause:

In your internet wanderings have your search bots found anything Predator related (you know, the Arnold flick with a Danny Glover sequel)? I ran into a alpha release of a Crysis mod but realistically nothing like that will ever get released simply because the art assets required for an engine like Crysis...good luck. It seems like the license holders are going to run the franchise into the ground so I figured there is probably some fan-based game made out of frustration that's out there.

List of all retail games based on:
Predator
Aliens

Anyways keep up the good work. That Splatterhouse game looks hilarious.

#744 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:31 PM

Hey, Mega

Congrats on the milestone of 600+ games! Only 8,400 to go to meet that original goal I think you said. Haha. You seem very passionate about this thread and free gaming so I applaud thee. :applause::applause:

In your internet wanderings have your search bots found anything Predator related (you know, the Arnold flick with a Danny Glover sequel)? I ran into a alpha release of a Crysis mod but realistically nothing like that will ever get released simply because the art assets required for an engine like Crysis...good luck. It seems like the license holders are going to run the franchise into the ground so I figured there is probably some fan-based game made out of frustration that's out there.

List of all retail games based on:
Predator
Aliens

Anyways keep up the good work. That Splatterhouse game looks hilarious.

There were a few Aliens and Predator games that I played that were awesome but they no longer work with Windows XP. But back in the Windows 98 days...they were killer.

I use to be down with retail and console games back in the day but over the years the games that are released are no longer innovated but re-hashed games of yesteryear. My volunteer work reignited my love for indie games. So I like to share those games that I find others may enjoy also. Also, I like to showcase that when you already own a Mac, Linux or Windows based computer that you DO have choices out there in terms of games and entertainment.

Right now I have some free time and I am trying to complete all of the missions in 'Attack Of The Paper Zombies.' Citadel is kicking my ass.

It's free or Fuck it!

#745 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:19 AM

Catan

Turn Based Strategy
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Other

Catan - The Board Game

The players in the game represent settlers establishing colonies on the island of Catan. Players build settlements, cities, and roads to connect them as they settle the island. The game board representing the island is composed of hexagonal tiles (hexes) of different land types which are laid out randomly at the beginning of each game; new editions of the game also depict a fixed layout in their manual, which has been proven to be fairly even-handed by computer simulations, and recommend this to be used by beginners.

System Requirements

OS: Windows XP or higher, Mac and Linux version available
CPU: 1.0 Ghz

No Heavy Download Needed - Browser Based - http://www.playcatan.com/

Screenshots

Posted Image

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 07 September 2012 - 02:14 PM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#746 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:44 AM

I dunno about any of that other shit.

But basic Catan is fucking glorious.

Posted Image

#747 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:26 AM

I dunno about any of that other shit.

But basic Catan is fucking glorious.

It was all part of the featured free games on their site so I decided to post them all together.

It's free or Fuck it!

#748 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

Rocket! Waxy's Rocket Party

Action/Arcade
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Fantasy

You play as Waxy, a party-loving weasel, and his new best friend, Rocket.

Together they travel downwards at great speed, relying on only each other to avoid crashing into the walls and obstacles littering their path. But what happens when Waxy wants to go home, and Rocket wants more fuel? A game of spirit, nerve, split-second charm and awesome smoothness, velocity - but not impatience - and most of all: the awesome skill to weasel your way out of wherever you don't want to be, and break through to the next stage!

Includes 10 training levels, 30 main levels and another 30 harder mirrored levels, each with near-impossible (but possible) high-score time limits to test players' reflexes and weaseling speed.

System Requirements

Hard Drive: 10.0 Mb

Download it here - http://www.wearehive.com/games/

Screenshots

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 07 September 2012 - 02:15 PM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#749 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

Drone

Shooter/Top Down
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

“drone” is basically a top-down shooter combined with a tower defense combined with a RTS with a bit of driving sim and rpg in there. You kill enemies to collect money which you may then spend on weapons, ammo, armor, buildings, or vehicles. The fun is in how its balanced. It is possible to finish the entire game without using any weapons – just buildings. Likewise, you can finish the entire game with just weapons and no buildings at all.

System Requirements

CPU: 2.6 Ghz
Memory: 1 Gb
Video: 256 Mb
Hard Drive: 16.2 Mb

Download it here - http://dwwilson.info/?page_id=14

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 07 September 2012 - 02:16 PM.

It's free or Fuck it!

#750 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

Choke on my Groundhog, YOU BASTARD ROBOTS

Shooter/Arena
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Robots are always bastards. There’s no way around it. We build them and they killed us all. Well almost all, I’m the Earth’s last survivor. But with my time traveling groundhog sidekick I’m going to destroy the robot liberation army and take back Earth.

Control with [WASD or ARROW KEYS]. Aim and Shoot with mouse [LEFT BUTTON]. When you die press [SPACE] to travel back in time.

System Requirements

CPU: 1.0 Ghz
Hard Drive: 9.73 Mb

Download it here - http://www.kloonigam...-bastard-robots

Screenshots

Posted Image

Gameplay Video

--> Click Here! <--

Edited by Megazell, 07 September 2012 - 02:18 PM.

It's free or Fuck it!